Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Two memory foam mattresses built with a similar construction with some minor nuances—who will win out? This is our Nectar vs. Novosbed mattress comparison.
Nectar is pretty new to the mattress scene, launching in 2017, but it has grown to be one of the most popular brands out there. Its one-size-fits-all business approach has led to a versatile mattress designed to fit the needs of many.
Novosbed, on the other hand, is all about customization, coming in different firmness levels and offering an additional foam layer that can be sent for free after the purchase of the bed. The company strives to keep things eco-friendly and affordable, while not cutting corners on quality.
For a closer look at each brand, head over to our in-depth reviews:
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs Novosbed
SLEEPADVISOR125 or click the button below
- Relieves pressure
- Traditional memory foam feel
- 365-night trial period
- Classic memory foam feel
- Affordable luxury
- Medium level firmness
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar is an all-foam mattress that is delivered in a handled bag, designed to make installation even easier.
Its removable long staple cotton and Tencel cover not only gives the mattress a chic look but should also create air circulation and breathability. It is filled with 1 inch of gel-infused memory foam for a plushy and cool top. Overall, this product stands at 11 inches tall.
- The top layer has gel memory LushFoam™ that conforms to your body and should add that classic memory-foam feel that most people find comforting. It makes up 3 of the 11 inches.
- The second layer is a 1.5-inch Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam that serves a transitional purpose; it has a quicker response than the top layer that helps cushion the feel of the foundation.
- The base layer, a high-density polyfoam that the brand has named High Vegetable Base Super Core, is 5.5 inches thick. It is the bed’s support system and gives it durability.
Similar to its competitor, Novosbed’s memory foam makeup comes conveniently shipped to your door in a box.
The 11-inch bed is covered in a machine-washable, thin polyester bend containing Tencel, known for keeping things breezy and regulating temperature.
- The top layer is aerated High-Density Airflow Memory Foam that improves breathability, something that memory materials tend to struggle with. It is 2 inches in height.
- The second layer is another 2 inches, this time of transitional higher density memory foam to help lessen the contrast of the softer top and the firmer bottom layer.
- The base layer is the support center, which is a 7-inch Premium Support Foam.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
These mattresses score similarly in terms of firmness. Nectar scores at a 6-6.5 on our comfort scale of 1 (super soft) to 10 (crazy firm). Novosbed’s Medium is at a 6. This is in the medium range, and where the average sleeper finds the most comfort.
Both have a slower response in the foam layers, and you should feel like the beds are contouring to your body’s curves, relieving pressure.
While Nectar only comes in one firmness level, Novosbed comes in three different options (Soft, Medium, and Firm). They also offer a Comfort+ layer that can be sent free of charge after purchasing the bed if you find that it is too soft or firm for your liking. All you have to do is unzip the cover, lay the additional layer on top, and you are ready to go!
Stomach sleepers, especially heavier ones, might try the Novosbed in a firmer option so that the hips stay in line with the spine rather than sinking in too much.
While you should feel that signature contouring on both beds, sinkage may be different. On Nectar, you should feel a deeper hug and like you are in the mattress as you slowly sink in, especially if you are on the heavy side. Novosbed should hold your body in more of a gentle cradle, less in the bed and more on it.
Bounce is minimal on either brand, which might make repositioning a little more difficult than on a traditional spring mattress, but this should not be an issue for most. Many would find Novosbed to be slightly easier to adjust positions on because they should feel less sinkage.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Memory materials tend to insulate motion well, particularly important when sharing the bed with a fidgety partner, kids, or pets. Both brands should keep motion transfer to a minimum because of the denser foams and lack of springs, so kiss those nights of interrupted sleep goodbye (especially if you sleep really light).
Comparing Edge Support
Beds that come wrapped and compressed in a box often perform poorly in this area because they need to be rolled for transportation. These mattresses are exceptions and rate above average than many all-foam competitors. Although there may be compression when concentrating weight in one area on the side, most will feel well-supported around the perimeter.
Nectar vs. Novosbed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Long-staple cotton and Tencel with quilted gel foam||Polyester blend with Tencel|
|Materials||LushFoam™, Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam, High Vegetable Base Super Core||High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, Premium Support Foam|
|Cooling||Gel-infused foam and breathable cover||Breathable Airflow foam|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and U.S. Territories including Puerto Rico, White Glove Delivery is optional||Delivers to US and Canada; White Glove Delivery available in select locations|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Novosbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Novosbed?
These brands have many similarities, but those slight distinctions can really make a difference when choosing the right mattress for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- An extensive warranty and trial period. You can rest comfortably knowing that you have a lifetime warranty and a full year to return the bed if it is not feeling quite right.
- Great value. This bed competes with some big-name brands (being a big name itself), but it tends to be more affordable while remaining high-quality.
- Comfort for side sleepers. Its plushy deeper hug should be a side sleeper’s paradise, relieving pressure in the hips and shoulders.
We Would Recommend Buying Novosbed if You are Looking for:
- Firmness customization. If you know what you like, this brand gives you options with three different firmness levels and an optional (free) Comfort+ layer.
- A classic memory-foam feel. The contouring of memory materials is something that many sleepers look for—you should feel that while not sinking in as deeply, making repositioning a little easier.
- A bed for couples. The average sleeper should find this mattress comforting and supportive, and the options this brand offers may make finding a comfort level fit for both partners simpler.
So what do you think? Nectar offers a versatile, one-stop shop option, while Novosbed gives you a little more say in your sleep surface. Still not decided?
No worries. Check out our individual reviews to learn more. Or browse through our detailed list of top rated beds for this year.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.