How can a more natural mattress benefit you?
WinkBed, who built their reputation on extremely durable innerspring hybrids, brings the luxury of natural materials and a comfortable night’s sleep to their bedding lineup. The EcoCloud Mattress sports some impressive mattress materials by using natural Talalay Latex and GOTS Organic Certified Cotton.
Our comprehensive WinkBed EcoCloud mattress review covers all the aspects that make this bed unique along with all those features sleepers have come to expect from their bedding products: comfort, support, and durability.
If this product has caught your attention keep reading for each and every detail, or feel free to skip ahead to our summary and scoring sections.
Excellent Matches For EcoCloud
- Combination sleepers – You will read about this in greater detail later, but this bed should cater to a wide variety of body types and sleeping positions. Most sleepers will be able to find something they love with this bed.
- Earth lovers – There is one Earth, and company’s like WinkBed are working to keep it healthier and their customers safer by providing naturally sourced and organic materials. This bed features certifications that show their devotion to reducing their carbon footprint.
- Support seekers – The innerspring system of this product has been zoned to improve sleeper support support while you sleep. This helps to keep the body straight, helping to reduce aches and pains when waking up.
Possible EcoCloud Considerations:
- It doesn’t feel like memory foam. – This bed does not have the deep embracing, contouring feel that memory foam can offer. Folks looking for this type of mattress might enjoy WinkBed’s other new release, the MemoryLux Mattress.
- It may be too soft for some sleepers. – Folks who weigh significantly heavier or regularly sleep on their stomach typically prefer firmer mattresses. While this bed’s Medium firm feel is more universal, it may still be too plush for some sleepers. However, the company does offer a Firm model in their standard WinkBed mattress.
Or you can see other mattresses in our top-rated list for 2021.
Construction: What’s inside EcoCloud?
The WinkBed EcoCloud is a 12.5-inch mattress that ships roll-compressed inside of a box. This bed unrolls and is easy to install on any box spring, slatted platform, or adjustable base.
The cover is roughly .5 inches and is made with 100% organic cotton and sustainable New Zealand wool. This combination of materials provides plush comfort and helps to wick away moisture and heat, and provides a clean and healthy sleeping surface.
Underneath the cover are two layers, plush a specially designed perimeter for optimum edge support.
- Below the cover is a 4-inch Talalay Latex Comfort Layer, which has been sectioned off to foster increased support in the lower back and is softer in the shoulders and hips. Talay’s unique open cell structure should also help keep the bed ventilated and prevent you from overheating while asleep.
- The base layer is comprised of a Zoned Individually Wrapped Innerspring Support System. The 8-inch springs are made from recycled steel and are made to provide extra pushback support for the heavier areas of the body. Plus, the coils should help promote additional airflow throughout the mattress.
- The perimeter layer is reinforced with ExtraEdge™ Anit-Sag Support coils. This design helps make the sides more stable, so it feels supportive all the way around, allowing you access to the bed’s entire surface space.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Opening your mattress might be just as awesome as sleeping on it—well, hopefully not, but it can be interesting to watch. Slash open the box and plastic covering (carefully), and unroll your bed; watch as the springs pop up and the latex expands to its full 12.5-inch height.
The first thing you’re probably going to do is jump on it. How can you resist? The bed should be bouncy, and the organic cotton cover should feel soft and luxurious.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10 (Medium)
You might have been living with aches and pains for so long that they feel like your new normal. Well, it shouldn’t be, and your current mattress might be working against you. You need a bed with pressure-relieving qualities to comfort the spots that need a little extra TLC.
EcoCloud can bring the relief that you so desperately need in your life. The plush top made with organic cotton and wool allows sleepers to sink into a gentle cradle that is fostered by the soft 4-inch layer of Talalay latex underneath. The latex should softly conform to your body’s curves, filling in the cracks where necessary (like the lumbar area, the neck, etc.).
This bed is constructed to provide a quick response, meaning the materials should snap back into place quickly. This should prevent you from feeling stuck when moving around.
What’s pressure relief without support? Well, it is a bed that bottoms out, leaving your body in an uncomfortable position for hours on end. Your spine needs to remain straight in order for you to rest well.
Beneath the latex is the coils that provide the bulk of the support on EcoCloud. These specific springs are designed with targeted zoning to withstand the weight of the heavy parts (mainly your core) of the body and give in to the lighter parts (like your shoulders and knees). These springs give the bed some healthy bounce, as well.
Rolled and compressed in a cardboard box, EcoCloud conveniently arrives at your door without the need to coordinate delivery with a third party.
Great Motion Isolation
Customers should not have to fret over motion transfer when sleeping on the EcoCloud. This product comes equipped with pocket coils that help anchor motion to the spot, helped along by the latex foam on top. This combination of materials should work well to keep light sleepers resting well.
Exceptional Edge Support
Some bed-in-a-box companies do not add edge reinforcement because they need their products to compress into a box. WinkBed does not follow this method. Though shipped in a box, the EcoCloud comes equipped with reinforced coils along the perimeter, helping ensure that your first experience is a good one.
The bed features a healthy amount of bounce due to the latex top and thick spring layer. This is ideal for repositioning throughout the night and may also improve your sex life.
EcoCloud has multiple certifications that ensure wildlife and the environment are a priority in making this bed. No one said that you couldn’t have a comfy bed while protecting the earth at the same time!
Adjustable Base Compatible
Use your new bed on an adjustable base if you want the option to move up and down. The company has one specifically made for its mattresses for purchase on the website.
Handcrafted in the USA
- Eco-Friendly Certifications - This product contains OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Class 1 certified Talalay Latex. This means the latex in this mattress has been thoroughly tested by a third party and found to have a safe level of chemicals that could potentially be harmful, especially for children and seniors.
- Certified Natural Materials - Cotton in the cover is GOTS® certified organic. This certification ensures that the cotton used in this product has been harvested using socially and environmentally responsible methods.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free delivery is available within the contiguous United States.
- Trial - This product includes a 120-Night risk-free trial that allows shoppers to try it out in their home, and if they do enjoy it, they can send it back for a full refund.
- Warranty - The EcoCloud comes with a Lifetime Warranty that helps protect each customer’s purchase.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$1,399|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,499|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,999|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,399|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,399|
The EcoCloud by Winkbed provides a premium experience that uses some of the best and most natural materials in the bedding industry!
Side sleepers can enjoy how soft the plush pillow top comfort layer is and can find even more pressure relief in areas like the shoulders and hips as they transition into the latex. The coils help provide necessary support and should give many customers the sleep they have been looking for.
Back sleepers will likely enjoy how this bed is neither too firm nor too soft, as Goldilocks would say, “it is just right.” The product sports a versatile design that many back sleepers will find appealing. It was made to cradle the small of their back and give their hips and shoulders just the right amount of support.
While the EcoCloud may be softer than some folks like, this is countered by the zoned latex, which helps to provide the proper support in the hips. However, stomach sleepers who prefer a firmer bed or heavier individuals may want to consider the company’s standard WinkBed mattress in the Firm model.
The Talalay latex works with the coil unit to provide exceptional bounce and responsiveness that combination sleepers can make plenty of use of. This feature should be able to help combo sleepers transition between different sleeping positions during the night.
With reinforced edges, a bouncy surface, and great motion isolation, couples should be able to spread out, reposition more easily, and not feel the other move around across the bed. Bouncier beds tend to improve sex, so that’s a plus too.
The combination of latex and zoned coils should perform much better than all-foam options. However, heavier individuals typically rest better on firmer beds. The company makes a Plus version of their WinkBed that’s specially designed for larger frames and may be the better option.
The overall softness and zoned spring system of this bed should comfort and support lighter sleepers well. The latex should conform easily to the body’s curves, making it easier for those who are lightweight to feel the solid support from the coils.
Luxurious all-natural sleep is hard to come by, especially at a price point as ideal as this. Shoppers can spend hundreds to thousands of dollars for a bed of a similar design at big box stores and mattress retailers. WinkBed is of the opinion that quality sleep should come at a fair and reasonable price.