Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
How can a more natural mattress benefit you?
WinkBed, who built their reputation on extremely durable innerspring hybrids, brings the luxury of natural materials and a comfortable night’s sleep to their bedding lineup. The EcoCloud Mattress sports some impressive mattress materials by using natural Talalay Latex and GOTS Organic Certified Cotton.
Our in-depth overview of the WinkBed EcoCloud Mattress covers all the aspects that make this bed unique along with all those features sleepers have come to expect from their bedding products: comfort, support, and durability.
If this product has caught your attention keep reading for each and every detail, or feel free to skip ahead to our summary and scoring sections.
You will love the EcoCloud Mattress if you:
- Need one versatile feel – You will read about this in greater detail later, but this bed should cater to a wide variety of body types and sleeping positions. Most sleepers will be able to find something they love with this bed.
- Love the earth – There is one earth and company’s like WinkBed are working to keep it healthier and their customers safer by providing naturally sourced and organic materials. This bed features a number of certifications that show their devotion to reducing that carbon footprint.
- Want optimized alignment – The latex layer of this product has been zoned to improve sleeper support while they sleep. This helps to keep the body straight, helping to reduce aches and pains when waking up.
You might not like the EcoCloud Mattress if you:
- Love memory foam – This bed does not have the deep embracing, contouring feel that memory foam can offer. Folks looking for this type of mattress might really enjoy WinkBed’s other new release, the MemoryLux Mattress.
Or you can see other mattresses in our top rated list for 2019.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The WinkBed EcoCloud is a 13-inch mattress that ships roll-compressed inside of a box. This bed unrolls and is easy to install on any box spring, slatted platform, or adjustable base.
The cover is furnished with the brands Organic cotton cover which features a 3-in-1 comfort technology. This tech is topped with a 1-inch layer of 100% organic cotton that covers New Zealand Wool batting. This combination of materials not only provides plush comfort, but it also helps to wick away moisture and heat, as well as provides a clean and healthy sleeping surface.
There are 2 additional layers of materials in this mattress that sit beneath the cover:
- The first layer is 4 inches of 7-Zone Talalay Latex comfort foam. This has been sectioned off to foster increased support in the lumbar/hips and is softer in the shoulders and legs. The material is split into two separate 2-inch materials, with a proprietary 2-inch textured latex on top.
- The second layer uses 8 inches of naturally breathable AirSpring Support Coils. This is constructed with recycled steel springs that help promote airflow and support.
- The perimeter is reinforced with ExtraEdge™ Anit-Sag Support coils. This design helps to make the sides more stable so it feels supportive all the way around.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Here at the Sleep Advisor, we score beds on a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being the softest. The EcoCloud only comes in one firmness option, a Medium, and it scores between a 5 and 6.
This score makes this bed a versatile fit that can work well for many types of sleepers. The plush top allows sleepers to sink into a gentle cradle that is fostered by the soft latex. Beneath this are the coils that provide the bulk of the support.
The Talalay works with the coils to provide exceptional bounce and responsiveness that combination sleepers can make plenty of use of. This feature can help them transition between sleeping positions.
Back sleepers will likely enjoy how this bed is neither too firm nor too soft, as Goldilocks would say, “it is just right.” The product sports a versatile design that many back sleepers will find appealing. It was made to cradle the small of their back and give their hips and shoulders just the right amount of support.
Side sleepers can enjoy how soft the plush pillowtop comfort layer is and can find even more pressure relief in areas like the shoulders and hips as they transition into the latex. The coils help provide necessary support and should give many customers the sleep they have been looking for.
Most Stomach sleepers are going to really enjoy how this bed feels. While it may be softer than some folks like, this is countered by the zoned latex which helps to provide the proper support in the hips.
Overall, most people are going to find that they rest well nestled comfortably on top of this bed. With all mattresses, there is always an exception. This bed supports up to weights of 900 lbs or 450 per side, if you exceed this consideration the WinkBed Plus would be a great option to look into.
Motion isolation is nice to have if you are shopping for two. Sharing a bed has its perks but many co-sleepers know that having a mattress with a partner can be frustrating at times. Motion isolation helps prevent those nighttime moments where one partner gets up to use the restroom and afterward stumbles back into bed, shaking the mattress like a magnitude 8 earthquake.
Customers should not have to fret over motion transfer when sleeping on the EcoCloud. This product comes equipped with pocket coils that help anchor motion to the spot, helped along by the latex foam on top. This combination of materials should work well to keep sleeper’s resting well.
A lot of times, before a customer even lays on their brand new bed, the first thing they do is sit on the edge to take off their shoes. This simple act, though not always a game-changer, can be the customer’s first impression and a bed with weak edges can leave a bad one.
Some bed-in-a-box companies do not add edge reinforcement because they need their products to be able to compress into a box. WinkBed does not follow this method, though shipped in a box, the EcoCloud comes equipped with reinforced coils along the perimeter, helping ensure that your first experience is a good one.
- Trial Period – This product includes a 120-Night risk-free trial that allows shoppers to try it out in their home and if they do enjoy it, they can send it back for a full refund.
- Warranty – The EcoCloud comes with a Lifetime Warranty that helps protect each customer’s purchase.
- Shipping – Delivery for this product is available within the contiguous United States of America.
- Optional White Glove Delivery – This service includes mattress installation and, if necessary, the optional removal of your old bed.
- Environmental Certifications – This product sports environmental certifications like an organic GOTS Cotton as well as OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Class 1 certified Talalay latex. These third-party certifications demonstrate the brands drive to make clean and healthy products, while simultaneously reducing their carbon footprint.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made with American Sourced Materials
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$1,299|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,399|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,499|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,799|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,199|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,199|
The EcoCloud by Winkbed provides a premium experience that uses some of the best and most natural materials in the bedding industry!
Luxurious all-natural sleep is hard to come by, especially at a price point as ideal as this. Shoppers can spend hundreds to thousands of dollars for a bed of a similar design at big box stores and mattress retailers. WinkBed is of the opinion that quality sleep should come at a fair and reasonable price.
After reading this review, if you think the EcoCloud is not for you, keep in mind that WinkBed offers several other options. They have their newly released MemoryLux along with their traditional WinkBed and WinkBed plus. So whatever your situation may be, it is likely that WinkBed has a solution just waiting for you to give it a try.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.