The Signature Hybrid mattress from Brooklyn Bedding aims to bring you the best of both worlds with a foam and innerspring construction.
The Signature Hybrid's design and high-quality materials mean this model is good for many mattress customers, such as people who need pressure relief and budget shoppers. Shoppers seeking pressure relief should appreciate the proprietary contouring foam, while budget shoppers should love the competitive price point.
Our in-depth review of the Signature Hybrid evaluates all the most important characteristics of a good mattress, including support, comfort, and quality of materials. This model comes in three different firmness levels, and our review focuses on the best-selling Medium option.
Watch Our Signature Hybrid Video Review
Who We Recommend the Signature Hybrid For
- Those interested in a classic hybrid design – This hybrid lets you experience the resilient support of coils while being gently cradled by pressure-relieving foam.
- Combination sleepers – The coils and hyper-elastic latex-like foams give this hybrid good bounce, which is great for sleepers who change position throughout the night.
- Hot sleepers – The infusion of the company’s proprietary TitaniumGel™ in the TitanFlex™ foam helps reduce heat retention. The coil layer also increases airflow, which helps keep the bed temperature neutral. There’s also an option to add the GlacioTex™ cooling cover for additional comfort.
- Couples – The Signature model should provide exceptional edge support. The bed contains high-caliber Ascension® perimeter coils to support the sleeper along the sides.
Who We Don’t Recommend the Signature Hybrid For:
- Memory foam lovers – While the specially designed layers of foam in the Signature Hybrid mattress will give your body a gently cradled feeling, it will not be the same deep hug experience that memory foam lovers prefer.
- Heavy people – The Signature Hybrid is available in a Firm model, but individuals weighing over 230 pounds may need a bed that caters better to their frame for quality support. Heavier individuals may do better with Brooklyn Bedding’s Titan Plus, as it’s made specifically for heavier sleepers.
First Impressions: Firmness & Feel
Firmness Scale: 4/10 (Soft) 6/10 (Medium) 8/10(Firm)
Please remember that firmness is a subjective characteristic and your shape will dictate how you experience a bed. A heavier person whose weight can more easily push through softer comfort and support layers may experience a bed as softer than a lightweight person. The way you are shaped could also play a role here. Consider your weight, shape, and size when evaluating firmness scores.
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress is available in three firmness levels, making it easy to find one that suits your needs. We rated them 4, 6, and 8 on our firmness scale. The softest version allows the most sinkage, but it still doesn’t hug the body so much as classic memory foam beds. The coils support the upper layers and help keep your spine aligned. The same goes for the other two firmness options. The Medium Signature Hybrid has the perfect balance of pressure relief and pushback support, so it’s the best option for most sleepers. On the other hand, the firmest Signature Hybrid feels sturdier at first touch, but the tightly quilted top and hyper-elastic memory foam should do a good job of preventing pressure build-up
How Does It Feel?
The elasticity of the latex-alternative TitanFlex™ foam paired with an innerspring core gives this mattress a quick response time, a medium-level bounce, and good temperature regulation. In addition, the softer foam in the top comfort layers provides a gently cradled feeling and good pressure relief that reacts quickly to changes in position.
The feel of the Signature Hybrid mattress will depend on the firmness you select. The Medium model will provide the best blend of pressure relief and support and should work for most sleepers.
What We Like About the Signature Hybrid
- Firmness options – This Brooklyn Bedding hybrid is available in three firmness levels, giving customers an option to choose based on their preferred sleeping position and body weight.
- High-quality construction – Brooklyn Bedding uses premium materials and high-quality craftsmanship you can notice right when you unpack your new mattress. Everything is well-done, so you won’t notice any sagging, wear, and tear as quickly.
- Edge support – The Signature Hybrid has Ascension® coils along the perimeter, which helps keep the edges from sagging. This allows couples and single individuals to use the entire surface of the bed.
Our Signature Hybrid Complaints
- No all-foam version – Brooklyn Bedding makes hybrid mattresses, so you won’t be able to find an all-foam version of the Signature Hybrid bed. Although the mattress does incorporate foam and memory foam in its construction, it also always has coils.
- Too soft for heavy people – The Medium version of this bed is too soft for heavy people. The bed is an excellent option for average-weight sleepers, but those weighing well over 230 pounds might need an even firmer option. In this case, we’d recommend going with the Firm or the brand’s Titan Plus mattress.
Testing the Signature Hybrid Mattress: How it Performed
We tested the Signature Hybrid mattress in Medium, which allowed us to evaluate how this mattress would perform for the majority of sleepers. Apart from testing how it feels to sleep on the Signature Hybrid in different positions, we also tested for preference-based features like motion isolation, temperature regulation, bounce, cooling, and edge support to help you figure out if this mattress is a good match for your sleeping habits.
Sleeping Positions for Different Body Types
All Brooklyn Bedding mattresses can support up to 900 pounds, the Signature Hybrid included. However, its medium feel may be too soft for those weighing closer to 230 pounds. For this reason, the company recommends its Titan Plus mattress to everyone weighing over 300 pounds.
|Weight||Side Sleepers||Back Sleepers||Stomach Sleepers|
|Lightweight Sleepers (-130 lbs)||★★☆||★★★||★★☆|
|Average-Weight Sleepers (130-230 lbs)||★★★||★★★||★☆☆|
|Heavyweight Sleepers (+230 lbs)||★☆☆||★☆☆||☆☆☆|
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight side sleepers should find sufficient relief in the Signature Hybrid mattress thanks to its 1.5-inch of premium memory foam. However, significantly lightweight people may struggle to activate the upper layers, in which case they may be better off with the Soft model.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight side sleepers should have no trouble activating the upper layers and getting enough cradling for pressure relief. This is the best group to benefit from the Medium version of this bed, especially in the side sleeping position.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavy sleepers may sink too deeply into the foam layers when sleeping on their side. In this case, they may do better with the Firm version of the Signature Hybrid or opt for the company’s Titan Plus mattress.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight back sleepers don’t usually struggle with pressure relief, so the Medium Signature Hybrid should be a good option. The Ascension® coils support the body while its multiple foam layers allow enough cradling to prevent lower back pain.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight back sleepers would sink a bit more than lightweight people, but this shouldn’t throw their spine out of alignment. The Medium model is an excellent choice for average-weight people as it offers a good balance of pressure relief and support for the lumbar area.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavy people weighing over 230 pounds would find this model too soft to support the lumbar area. Instead, they may want to consider trying the Firm option or an even firmer bed like the Titan Plus.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Stomach sleepers weighing under 130 should have no trouble using the Medium Signature Hybrid since the middle-of-the-road feel should hold the spine in alignment, preventing the hips from sinking in.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Stomach sleepers weighing closer to 130 pounds may like this Signature Hybrid, but those closer to 230 pounds are likely to find it too soft. The hips would sink in too deeply in this position, which can result in back pain.
- Heavyweight sleepers – Stomach sleepers weighing over 230 pounds could struggle with spine alignment since the Medium Signature Hybrid is too soft to support the hips in this position.
Pressure Relief & Pain
Brooklyn Bedding targets pressure relief in the top layers of the company’s Signature Hybrid mattress. First, there’s the 1-inch quilted top that combines soft, breathable cotton with Brooklyn Bedding’s TitanFlex™ foam. TitanFlex™ is designed to conform to the shape of the body in order to alleviate pain or sensitivity in pressure points while also immediately responding to movements.
Below the quilted top is an additional 1.5 inches of TitanFlex™ foam, providing the sleeper with even more pressure relief through its conforming and responsive design.
Back Pain – Back pain can come from improper spine alignment while sleeping. Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Hybrid in Medium provides sufficient support for most sleepers thanks to the Ascension® coils and just enough pressure relief to prevent the pressure from concentrating in the lumbar area.
Hip Pain – Hip pain is another common issue for many side sleepers, and Brooklyn Bedding tackles this issue using multiple foam layers that respond to movement. The hyper-elastic premium memory foam adjusts to your body and helps ease the pain in the hips.
Shoulder Pain – Sleepers struggling with shoulder pain should like the Medium version of this hybrid as it allows enough cradling to prevent the pressure from building up. However, those with severe shoulder pain may prefer a softer feel.
The 1-inch VariFlex™ layer in the Signature Hybrid mattress delivers comfort and deep compression support as you move into the coil unit underneath.
The innerspring layer features 961 individually encased coils made to provide deep compression support against your body weight to help ensure your spine stays well aligned. The company has also added a .25-inch high-density foam base below this layer to reinforce the coils as they compress. The Medium and Firm Signature Hybrid models are the most supportive, while the Soft Signature Hybrid may only support lightweight sleepers.
Motion transfer shouldn’t be an issue with this Brooklyn Bedding mattress, especially in the Medium option. This is because the upper foam layers absorb motion so that it doesn’t transfer from one side to the other. In addition, the coils are individually encased, which allows them to move separately. As a result, you’re unlikely to feel so much of your partner’s tossing and turning at night.
Temperature Regulation / Cooling
The Signature Hybrid is a cooling mattress with a quilted top followed by two foam layers. Although hybrids are naturally cooler than all-foam mattresses, the company went the extra mile by including proprietary materials to prevent the foam from heating. The TitaniumGel™ added to the TitanFlex™ foam helps cool the construction so that no heat is trapped between the layers. In addition, the coils allow continuous airflow, making this mattress breathable and fresh.
Performance for Couples
Couples should like the Medium Signature Hybrid as it has a universal firmness that fits different sleeping habits. On top of that, this bed has a bit of bounce that fosters easier repositioning, which may be important for some couples. Each Signature Hybrid has a reinforced perimeter to enhance the edge support so that partners can use the entire surface of the bed. Motion isolation is another important factor when it comes to mattresses for couples, and the Signature Hybrid excels in this department thanks to its absorbing foams and individually wrapped coils.
Multiple Firmness Options
The Signature Hybrid is available in three firmness options: Soft, Medium, and Firm. This allows the sleeper to choose a bed that is more closely catered to their specific needs, including weight and sleep position. Medium firmness is the most versatile and should work well for most sleepers regardless of their preferred sleeping position.
To prevent the foam from getting too hot, the company added Titatinum Gel™ to their proprietary TitanFlex™ foam. Additionally, the coils further down should deliver more airflow to keep the bed – and you – cool during the night.
Exceptional Edge Support
This hybrid has an edge-to-edge coil system that provides good edge support, especially compared to other bed-in-a-box brands. When sitting on the side, you may notice some compression within the first few layers, but you should still feel well-supported by the Ascension® coils underneath. This is the most beneficial for couples and single individuals who like sleeping across the entire surface of the bed.
Motion transfer refers to how much movement on one side of the mattress is felt on the other side of the bed. This is an important consideration for couples or those with a large pet that jumps in and out of bed all night. With the Signature Hybrid, motion transfer is minimal. Also, because the coils are individually encased, each one compresses independently from the other coils and will not transfer motion like traditional coil systems with an interconnected design.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This hybrid is suitable for platforms, slatted frames, box springs, and adjustable bases, though the company suggests choosing frames with little to no flex. In addition, their website includes an option to purchase a foundation designed specifically for this product if you prefer.
Construction: What’s Inside Signature Hybrid?
The cover of the Signature Hybrid is made from a breathable cotton blend that’s quilted to TitanFlex™ foam to create a plush experience that feels soft and luxurious to the touch. The cover on the Firm model is .5 inches thick, and the cover on the Medium and Soft models is 1 inch thick.
Based on the thickness of the individual layers of the bed, the Signature Hybrid stacks up to 11.75 inches high.
- The comfort layer is 1.5 inches of TitanFlex™ comfort foam, a hyper-elastic material with a feel similar to latex designed to contour to your shape like memory foam. This foam has an open-cell structure and is infused with TitaniumGel™ to help regulate temperature.
- The transition layer is 1 inch of VariFlex™ transition foam that provides deep compression support and comfort. This layer acts as a transition between the foam layers on top and the coils beneath.
- The support layer is comprised of 961 individually encased coils that stand 8 inches thick. This layer should react well to your movements and foster motion isolation, a big plus for those who don’t want to disturb their sleep partner. Additionally, this layer has high-caliber Ascension® coils along the perimeter for optimum edge support, allowing you to use the entire surface space of the mattress.
- The base layer is made of .25-inch high-density flex foam that supports the upper layers and reinforces the coils above.
Unboxing & Off-Gassing
This mattress is compressed and shipped in a box. Sturdy handles on either side of the mattress should help you move it into position on your bed frame. The bed weighs 60 to 125 pounds, so it can be a bit tricky to move from your doorstep to your bedroom without an extra pair of hands.
Brooklyn Bedding recommends opening the package and placing the mattress on the front of the bed frame immediately. This way, the bed can decompress while on the frame. In most cases, it takes 24 hours for it to decompress entirely. Any smells should also dissipate in 3 to 5 hours.
Eco-Friendly Certifications – The foams in the Signature Hybrid are CertiPUR-US® certified, which means they meet rigorous safety standards for harmful substances. The CertiPUR-US® program is a third-party organization that tests foam products to meet strict health and safety standards. A CertiPUR-US certification means that the foams in the mattresses are not made with ozone depleters, harmful flame retardants, formaldehyde, and have low VOC emissions.
The Signature Hybrid mattress was previously known as the Signature.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous United States. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada is also available for an additional fee.
- Trial – Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial where you can test out the mattress and see if it is right for you. However, you are required to keep the mattress for at least 30 days before returning it.
- Warranty – The company offers a 10-year warranty on this bed.
- Return Policy – Returns are free within the contiguous United States. However, you are required to keep the mattress for at least 30 days before returning it.
Sizes & Prices
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11.5”||$699|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11.5”||$832|
|Full||53” x 75” x 11.5”||$932|
|Short Full||48” x 74” x 11.75”||$932|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,332|
|Short Queen||60” x 74” x 11.75”||$1,332|
|Olympic Queen||66” x 80” x 11.75”||$1,332|
|King||76” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,499|
|Short King||72” x 75” x 11.75”||$1,599|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11.5”||$1,499|
|Split Cali King||36” x 84” x 11.5”||$799|
|RV King||70” x 74” x 11.75”|
70” x 0” x 11.75”
72” x 80” x 11.75”
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Brooklyn Bedding make quality mattresses?
The premium materials and quality of craftsmanship from Brooklyn Bedding are easy to notice at first glance, giving customers peace of mind knowing their mattress should last for years to come. Plus, the company offers a long-lasting trial and warranty to back up the quality claims.
Where are Brooklyn Bedding mattresses made?
Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are made in Phoneix, Arizona. The company is in charge of everything from designing to manufacturing, so you can be sure you’re getting the best of made-in-the-USA products.
How thick is the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid?
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid is 11.75 inches thick. This isn’t the tallest mattress out there, not even the tallest Brooklyn Bedding bed. However, it’s not too thin either, being a golden middle for those who don’t want a bulky mattress.
Does Brooklyn Bedding sleep hot?
Brooklyn Bedding offers several cooling mattresses that feature excellent temperature-regulating features. The Signature Hybrid has gel infusions and a breathable cover to prevent the foam layers from getting too warm. In addition, it’s a hybrid, so it’s naturally more breathable than all-foam beds.
Signature Hybrid vs Other Brands
Signature Hybrid vs DreamCloud Premier
- 120-night trial
- 10-year warranty
- Three firmness options
- 365-night trial
- Lifetime warranty
- 14-inch profile
Who We Recommend the Signature Hybrid For
- Back sleepers
- Combination sleepers
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier For
- Luxury shoppers
- People who need a longer trial
- People with back pain
Signature Hybrid vs Saatva Classic
- Proprietary materials
- Three firmness options
- 8-inch coil unit
- Two innerspring units
- Two height options
- Three firmnesses
Who We Recommend Signature Hybrid For:
- People who need lots of variety in sizing
- Hot sleepers
- Average-weight back sleepers
Who We Recommend Saatva For:
- Innerspring lovers
- People in need of lumbar support
- Shoppers looking for more customization
Signature Hybrid vs Other Brooklyn Bedding Models
Signature Hybrid vs Aurora Luxe
- Excellent support
- 11.75-inch profile
- 365-night trial period
- Cooling foam
- 13-inch profile
- Quality construction
Who We Recommend the Signature Hybrid For
- Average-weight people
- People with pressure build-up
- Back and side sleepers
Who We Recommend the Aurora Luxe For
- Hot sleepers
- Combination sleepers
- Back sleepers
Signature Hybrid vs Titan Plus
- Three firmness levels
- 8-inch coils
- RV sizes
- Firm feel
- 6-inch coils
- Gel memory foam
Who We Recommend Signature Hybrid For:
- Budget shoppers
- Lightweight and average-weight people
Who We Recommend Titan For:
- Heavy people
- Larger stomach sleepers
- Back sleepers who need extra support
We believe this mattress is an excellent addition to the growing hybrid space. Though the bed is priced similarly to other bed-in-the-box options, it represents a fantastic value in the hybrid market. Apart from the standard sizes listed above, this bed is also available in Short Full, Short Queen, Short King, Olympic Queen, and three RV King sizes.
Most side sleepers should feel pressure relief at their heaviest points – hips, shoulders, and knees – while also receiving the support necessary for neutral spine alignment. The benefit of this model is that it’s also available in a Soft option for those who need a more plush feel. Heavier individuals who like sleeping on their side should still consider the Firm model.
Back sleepers will appreciate the support provided by the innerspring coils, which keep the spine aligned throughout the night, paired with the contouring support of TitanFlex™ in the lumbar region. Those who need more robust support, though, have the option of purchasing the Firm model instead.
Most stomach sleepers will be well-supported by the coils and firmer foams above and below the innerspring unit. This helps them maintain proper spine alignment because their hips do not dip too deeply into the mattress. Significantly heavier sleepers or those who only sleep on their stomach may prefer the additional support available with the Firm option.
The medium version of the Signature Hybrid mattress should work best for those sleepers who rotate positions during the night. This is because the Medium can cater to the most sleep positions compared to the Soft or Firm models.
The Signature Hybrid has features that are highly beneficial for couples, specifically edge support and motion isolation. The edge support allows you and your partner more surface space on the bed, while motion isolation minimizes the chances of waking each other up if you move around during the night.
Sleepers who weigh significantly more tend to prefer firmer beds to accommodate the extra support they need. While the Medium option for this mattress is a good fit for most, those who weigh more may find that the Firm model suits them best. Individuals weighing over 230 pounds should also consider the Titan Plus.
On the opposite spectrum, lightweight individuals typically veer toward plush beds. Folks who weigh less than normal but sleep on their stomach or want something firmer for their back should find the Medium a good fit. However, lightweight side sleepers will likely do better with the Soft model of the Signature Hybrid.
Average-weight sleepers who enjoy sleeping on their side and back should like the Signature Hybrid mattress for its pressure relief and support. The coils keep the body aligned while the foam layers allow a bit of contouring to prevent the pressure from building up in the lower back, shoulders, and hips. However, average-weight stomach sleepers probably need a firmer mattress.
The Signature Hybrid combines the benefits of foam and coils with other key features, including cooling, edge support, and motion isolation. Adding to the bed’s value are three firmness choices and non-standard sizes that help ensure your Signature Hybrid is the right fit for you.
After testing the Signature Hybrid mattress, we recommend it for those in need of pressure relief, spine alignment, and cooling. The brand offers three firmness levels, making it easy for everyone to find a Signature Hybrid that fits their needs.
The Medium firmness of this hybrid is a good option for average-weight and lightweight people, while heavier sleepers may prefer the Firm model. The Soft one is excellent for lightweight people, especially those who prefer to sleep on their side.
Brooklyn Bedding provides added value by including a 10-year warranty and a 120-night trial, giving customers enough time to decide if this mattress is right for them.