The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress aims to bring you the best of both worlds with foam and innerspring construction.
Brooklyn Bedding is known for offering high-quality products at an affordable price. Unlike many of their competitors, they own and operate their factory, which allows them to cut out the middleman and pass the savings on to their customers.
Our in-depth review of the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid evaluates all the most important characteristics of a good mattress, including support, comfort, and quality of materials. As mentioned, this model comes in three different firmness levels, and our review focuses on the best-selling Medium option.
You can read our full breakdown or jump here to skip right to our summary and score.
Excellent Matches For Brooklyn Signature Hybrid
- Those who want the best of both worlds – This hybrid captures the advantages of both innerspring and foam designs. You experience the support of the springs while being gently cradled by pressure-relieving foam.
- Combination sleepers – The coils and hyper-elastic latex-like foams give this hybrid a good bounce, which is great for sleepers who change position throughout the night. The almost immediate response time provided by the top layers of foam adjusts to your body when you move so you won’t feel “stuck.”
- Hot sleepers – The infusion of the company’s proprietary TitaniumGel™ in the TitanFlex™ foam helps reduce heat retention. The coil layer also increases airflow, which helps keep the bed temperature neutral.
Possible Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Considerations:
- It won’t have the deep hug of memory foam – Brooklyn Bedding is an innovative company that’s created their own unique contouring foam with TitanFlex™. While the specially designed layers of foam in this bed will give your body a gently cradled feeling, it will not be the same deep hug experience that memory foam lovers prefer. Instead, you will sleep on top of the Brooklyn Signature, not in it, which also means you will be less likely to overheat and will be able to change positions more easily than you would in some memory beds.
Brooklyn Signature Hybrid on Our Best Lists
Construction: What’s inside the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid?
The cover of the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is made from a breathable cotton blend that is quilted to TitanFlex™ foam to create a plush experience that feels soft and luxurious to the touch. The cover on the Firm model is .5 inches thick, and the cover on the Medium and Soft models is 1-inch thick.
Based on the thickness of the individual layers of the bed, the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid stacks up to 11.75 inches total.
- Below the quilted top is 1.5 inches of TitanFlex™ comfort foam, a hyper-elastic material with a feel similar to latex and is designed to contour to your shape like memory foam. It has an open-cell structure and is infused with TitaniumGel™ to help regulate temperature.
- The second layer is 1 inch of VariFlex™ transition foam that provides deep compression support and comfort. This layer acts as a transition between the foam layers on top and the coils beneath.
- The innerspring unit is comprised of 961 individually encased coils that stand 8 inches thick. This layer should react well to your movements and foster motion isolation, a big plus for those who don’t want to disturb their sleep partner. Additionally, this layer has high caliber Ascension® coils along the perimeter for optimum edge support, allowing you to use the entire surface space of the mattress.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
This mattress is compressed and shipped in a box. Sturdy handles on either side of the mattress help you move it into position on your bed frame.
The elasticity of the latex-alternative TitanFlex™ foam paired with an innerspring core gives this mattress a quick response time, a medium-level bounce, and good temperature regulation. In addition, the softer foam in the top comfort layers provides a gently cradled feeling and good pressure relief that reacts quickly to changes in position.
Firmness Scale: 4/10 (Soft) 6/10 (Medium) 8/10(Firm)
Certain parts of the body are more vulnerable to weight pressure. Even when lying down on a bed, those pressure points may cause discomfort and pain. For those who are concerned about this, you should invest in a high-quality mattress that prioritizes pressure relief.
Brooklyn Bedding targets pressure relief in the top layers of the company’s Signature Hybrid mattress. First, there’s the 1-inch quilted top that combines soft, breathable cotton with Brooklyn Bedding’s TitanFlex™ foam. TitanFlex™ is designed to conform to the shape of the body in order to alleviate pain or sensitivity in pressure points while also immediately responding to movements.
Below the quilted top is an additional 1.5 inches of TitanFlex™ foam, providing the sleeper with an even more pressure relief through its conforming and responsive design.
The addition of VariFlex™ foam should also help provide more comfort as you transition into the firmer support layers.
A top-quality bed will also prioritize support to help your spine maintain a neutral position. When the spine becomes poorly aligned, you run the risk of developing or worsening back and neck pain.
The 1-inch VariFlex™ layer delivers comfort and deep compression support as you move into the coil unit underneath.
The innerspring layer features 961 individually encased coils made to provide deep compression support against your body weight to ensure your spine stays well aligned. The company has also added a .25-inch high-density foam base below this layer to reinforce the coils as they compress.
Multiple Firmness Options
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is available in three firmness options: Soft, Medium, and Firm. This allows the sleeper to choose a bed that is more closely catered to their specific needs, including weight and sleep position.
To prevent the foam from getting too hot, the company added Titatinum Gel™ to their proprietary TitanFlex™ foam. Additionally, the coils further down should also deliver more airflow to keep the bed - and you - cool during the night.
Exceptional Edge Support
This hybrid has an edge-to-edge coil system that provides good edge support, especially compared to other bed-in-a-box brands. When sitting on the side, you may notice some compression within the first few layers, but you should still feel well supported by the coils underneath.
Motion transfer refers to how much movement on one side of the mattress is felt on the other side of the bed. This is an important consideration for couples or those who have a large pet that jumps in and out of bed all night. With the Brooklyn Signature, motion transfer is minimal. Also, because the coils are individually encased, each one compresses independently from the other coils and will not transfer motion like traditional coil systems with an interconnected design.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This hybrid is suitable for platforms, slatted frames, box springs, and adjustable bases, though the company suggests choosing frames with little to no flex. In addition, their website includes an option to purchase a foundation designed specifically for this product if you prefer.
Handcrafted in the USA
The foams in the Signature Hybrid are CertiPUR-US®, which means they meet rigorous safety standards for harmful substances.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the contiguous United States. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada is also available for an additional fee.
- Trial - Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial where you can test out the mattress and see if it is right for you.
- Warranty - The company offers a 10-year warranty on this bed.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11.5”||$599|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11.5”||$749|
|Full||53” x 75” x 11.5”||$899|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,124|
|King||76” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,374|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11.5”||$1,374|
|Split Cali King||36” x 84” x 11.5”||$749|
We believe this mattress is an excellent addition to the growing hybrid space. Though the bed is priced similarly to other bed-in-the-box options, it represents a fantastic value in the hybrid market.
Most side sleepers should feel pressure relief at their heaviest points – hips, shoulders, and knees – while also receiving the support necessary for neutral spine alignment. The benefit of this model is that it’s also available in a Soft option for those who need a more plush feel.
Back sleepers will appreciate the support provided by the innerspring coils, which keep the spine aligned throughout the night paired with the contouring support of TitanFlex™ in the lumbar region. Those who need more robust support, though, have the option of purchasing the Firm model instead.
Most stomach sleepers will be well-supported by the coils and firmer foams above and below the innerspring unit. This helps them maintain proper spine alignment because their hips do not dip too deeply into the mattress. Significantly heavier sleepers or those who only sleep on their stomach may prefer the additional support available with the Firm option.
The medium firm version of the Brooklyn Signature Hybrid mattress should work best for those sleepers who rotate positions during the night. This is because the Medium can cater to the most sleep positions, compared to the Soft or Firm models.
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid has features that are highly beneficial for couples, specifically edge support and motion isolation. The edge support allows you and your partner more surface space of the bed, while motion isolation minimizes the chances of waking each other up if you move around during the night.
Sleepers who weigh significantly more tend to prefer firmer beds to accommodate the extra support they need. While the Medium option for this mattress is a good fit for most, those who weigh more may find that the Firm model suits them best.
On the opposite spectrum, light-weight individuals typically veer toward plush beds. Folks who weigh less than normal but sleep on their stomach or want something firmer for their back should find the Medium a good fit. However, lightweight side sleepers will likely do better with the Soft model of the Signature Hybrid.
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid combines the benefits of foam and coils with other key features, including cooling, edge support, and motion isolation. Adding to the bed’s value are three firmness choices that help ensure your Signature Hybrid is the right fit for you.