If you’re searching for a quality mattress with intelligent cooling foam, proper bounce, and comfort, the Aurora just might tick all your boxes.
Veteran brand Brooklyn Bedding has introduced the Aurora as its high-end hybrid that combines coils and foam. With high-end cooling and comfort technology at an affordable price, we really think it stands out among other bed-in-a-box brands.
This hybrid comes in three different firmness levels, but our in-depth review of the Brooklyn Aurora focuses on the Medium, which will accommodate the widest variety of individuals.
Stick around for all the specifics or feel free to jump ahead to the recap and scoring sections.
Note: The following video features a mattress with the previous cover design.
Who Do We Think Matches With Brooklyn Aurora?
- Folks Who Sleep Hot – Brooklyn Bedding has gone to exceptional lengths to incorporate cooling features in multiple layers of the Aurora, and it is one of the coolest-sleeping mattresses we have reviewed. Overheating is unlikely thanks to its special cover technology, gel and copper infused into its foams, and the temperature-regulating airflow of the coil layer.
- Affordable Luxury Shoppers – This brand offers luxury features at an affordable price. How can the company offer such a high-end product for less? They own and operate their manufacturing process, meaning they do not use expensive middlemen and can incorporate higher-quality materials for less cost to shoppers.
- Sleepers Who Enjoy Bounce – If you love the springy feel that only coils can give, the Aurora may be the bed for you. Being bouncier helps with ease of repositioning and is great for bedroom activities.
Possible Brooklyn Aurora Complaints:
- It doesn’t have an all-foam feel. – The pressure-relieving foams of this mattress are supported by a base layer of pocketed coils, which give it a higher bounce that helps you change positions and an improved airflow that allows the bed to sleep cooler, compared to some all-foam brands.
Construction: What’s inside Brooklyn Aurora?
The Brooklyn Aurora is a luxury hybrid that is compressed into a box and shipped to your home. The mattress has handles on the side for easy placement and can be used on a variety of foundations including platforms, slatted frames, adjustable bases, and box springs. Foundations especially designed for the brand’s mattresses can be purchased on the company’s website.
The cover’s top is made from a cotton blend with technology that the company calls phase-change TitanCool™. Cooling gel beads adapt to your body heat and helps to keep the surface temperature-regulated. It has a soft and luxurious feel that is noticeably cool to the touch and has a non-slip component that helps keep sheets in place.
In total, the hybrid has a thickness of 13 inches.
- The first layer is a 1.5-inch layer of CopperFlex™ foam with TitanCool™ technology. This quick-responding layer provides pressure relief that should never overheat because the highly conductive gel helps to transfer heat away from the body.
- The second layer is 2 inches of hyper-elastic TitanFlex™, which is the company’s latex-alternative that is extremely strong and will not pose a problem for sleepers with latex allergies. It provides additional contouring with added bounce.
- The third layer is a 1-inch swirl visco-elastic memory foam, which forms a transitional layer between foam and support coils and helps to elevate the mattress’ motion isolation. It has a gel infusion for further cooling.
- The fourth layer is made from 8-inch Ascension X™ pocketed coils that provide support, durability, and stability. The coils also help with responsiveness and motion isolation, minimizing partner disturbance.
- The fifth layer is a 1-inch base layer of high-density foam that forms the bed’s foundation underneath the coils..
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The Aurora is a bed that ships directly to your door, compressed in a box. Setting it up should be quick and easy.
After it’s had some time to take shape, you’ll be able to test the Aurora out. The smooth and stretchy top weave should feel soft and luxurious. One of the first things you’ll likely notice is just how cool to the touch the surface is thanks to the CopperFlex™ foam with TitanCool™ technology.
Lying down, you will notice some sinkage through the first three foam layers that give this mattress a gently cradling cloud-like feel. Aurora’s materials do not allow you to sink too deep and most are quick responding, so you shouldn't feel stuck.
The coil unit offers a good, deep bounce and support, and hyper-elastic TitanFlex™ adds some additional bounce in the comfort layers. Both the quick response of the materials and the bounce make for easier repositioning.
Firmness Scale: 5/10 (Soft), 6.5/10 (Medium), 8/10 (Firm)
Depending on your body size and which position you sleep in, excess pressure can build up when a lot of your weight is concentrated on a smaller area (like shoulders and hips).
Aurora’s comfort foam layers are designed to gently cradle the body, contouring to your natural curves. The layer of hyper-elastic TitanFlex™ foam is built to respond quickly to your body, adjusting each time you move. The layer of memory foam provides deeper contouring for the lumbar region and helps transition into the supportive coils below.
While the Medium should provide good pressure relief for most sleepers, those looking for even more conforming may want to consider the Soft option.
Without adequate support, your spine may end up in a funny shape leading to morning aches and pains. That’s why Aurora was engineered with an 8” base of up to 1,189 individually pocketed Ascension X™ coils that provide support and give this bed a good amount of bounce.
The Medium should work well if you want a balance between contouring and support, but if you need additional lumbar support, the Firm may be a better option.
This durable support system can accommodate up to 900 lbs in the Queen and King sizes, making it a good option for those with heavier weight considerations.
Multiple Firmness Options
With three different levels of firmness to choose from, you should be able to find an option that has the right balance of pressure relief and support to meet your needs.
Phase change TitanCool™ technology is infused into the top layer to provide cooling upon contact. The innerspring layer allows for airflow throughout, helping to keep you comfortable and cool.
The Aurora ships compressed in a box directly to your door. This model cuts out extra labor that can drive up costs, saving the company and you money.
Great Motion Isolation
Brooklyn Aurora performs pretty well with motion transfer and this is owed to the layer of memory foam and the pocketed coils. Memory foam has an excellent reputation for absorbing movement, and wrapping each coil individually helps to ensure that motion does not transfer from one coil to the next.
The combination of innersprings and hyper-elastic TitanFlex™ provide a good amount of bounce. Repositioning should be easy thanks to the quick response of the materials and the high level of bounce.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This mattress can be used with any adjustable bases.
Made in the USA
Brooklyn Bedding manufactures all of their own products in their warehouse in Arizona.
This product is made while avoiding ozone depleters and is free from dangerous levels of hazardous materials, such as mercury, formaldehyde, and lead.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping and returns are free within the continental United States. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada is also available for an additional fee, and shipping charges are un-refundable.
- Trial - You can try this mattress for 120 nights and if you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it for a full refund.
- Warranty - The company offers a 10-year warranty on this mattress.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$999|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,249|
|Full||53” x 75” x 13”||$1,549|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,699|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,124|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,124|
The Brooklyn Aurora is a “super-cool” new luxury hybrid with multiple firmness options that should suit a wide range of sleepers.
Individuals who tend to sleep with their weight concentrated onto a smaller surface area are particularly prone to pressure in their hips and shoulders, the heaviest points of most bodies. This bed was built to cradle these points for excellent pressure relief, while the supportive coils were designed to keep the spine well-aligned. Side sleepers who need additional pressure relief may consider trying the Soft option of this bed.
Back sleepers should benefit from the foam’s contouring in their lumbar region while still experiencing the spine-aligning support of pocketed coils. Individuals who need exceptional support for aches and pains may consider the Firm model.
These sleepers tend to experience the most sinkage in their hips, which can create an uncomfortable dip that misaligns their spine. Most stomach sleepers will be well supported by the hybrid’s Medium option, but those with heavier weight considerations may want to try out the Firm option.
Combination sleepers need a good balance between pressure relief and support, and they should find it in this bed. The Medium has the right amount of softness to cradle the body while still providing good support in every position. The high responsiveness means sleepers should never feel stuck when they move around in the night.
Brooklyn Bedding recommends the Medium option for couples who want to strike a balance between comfort preferences. Couples shouldn’t have to worry about disturbing their partner as this bed does a good job of isolating motion.
Sleepers with heavier weight considerations should feel adequately supported in this bed that can accommodate up to 900 lbs in the Queen and King sizes. While some bed-in-a-box models lack the support that heavier sleepers need, the Aurora was engineered for durability.
Individuals who weigh less than 120 lbs often feel stuck on the surface and find that most mattresses are too firm. The Medium should work well for back and stomach sleeping, but lighter individuals may want to opt for the Soft model if they are combination or side sleepers.
Brooklyn Bedding has entered the luxury hybrid space with a mattress so packed with high-end cooling and comfort technology you will hardly believe the Aurora came out of a box.
The family behind Brooklyn Bedding has been in the mattress business for 25 years and has put that expertise into their mattresses. Because they do all of their design and manufacturing in-house, they are able to pass on savings to their customers.
Overall, the Aurora is a worthwhile investment that delivers on comfort and is built to last.