Beds tailor-made for heavier folks frequently feel stiff and unforgiving, offering more support than pressure relief, but this bed brings a gratifying dose of comfort for larger individuals. The Helix Plus mattress hits all the marks, providing comfort, support, pressure relief, and durability to provide a preferred choice that should stand the test of time.
With the Plus' innovative construction and comforting materials, we're excited to share this product's many benefits. Rarely does a mattress appeal to sleepers who rest in a variety of positions. However, the Helix Plus manages to accommodate multiple sleep postures, making it an attractive choice for many plus-sized individuals, particularly couples with varying needs.
Read on for our take on the details or if you are in a hurry, skip to our overall summary.
Who Do We Think Matches With Helix Plus?
- Heavier Folks -The mattress boasts excellent relief which is ideal for sleepers looking for robust support. The core is strong and the top layers offer soothing pressure relief. This thoughtful combination provides durable strength and support without compromising relief or comfort, accommodating various needs.
- Side Sleepers – Individuals who sleep on their sides can experience hip and shoulder pain due to repeated overnight pressure. However, the Helix Plus' comfortable features mitigate this issue with layers of dynamic foams, offering excellent relief.
- Couples – Resting next to a partner can be challenging if they like to change positions frequently
Possible Helix Plus Considerations:
- Cost – The Plus is a high-quality product, and as a result offers a variety of preferred features like robust support, comfort, and delicate relief from aches and pains. With this in mind, the cost is reflective of a product boasting multiple benefits.
- Firm Support – There is a lot to love about this model, like the foam layers and individually wrapped coils, which provide a buoyant lift. However, if you're under 250 pounds, this bed may feel firm since the mattress caters to heavier frames.
Construction: What’s inside Helix Plus?
The 13-inch Helix Plus is made of various materials to make for a dynamic build capable of providing relief for heavier individuals while still providing buoyancy. The bed employs multiple types of foams, individually wrapped coils, and a reinforced perimeter to offer comfort and end-to-end support.
- Cover The Tencel cover is made with ultra-breathable technology specifically created to increase airflow and keep sleepers cool.
- Comfort Layer For this layer, the mattress has coupled the brand’s Dynamic Foam with Ultra-Dense Memory Foam for an innovative combination. This duo offers delicate pressure relief and soft contouring for ultimate comfort.
- Transition Layer This bed employs a firm memory foam to foster a smooth transition from soft, cushy memory foam to supportive coils; this helps provide a sufficient ergonomic element and a higher IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) to accommodate heavier frames.
- Support Layer Individually wrapped, extra tall coils provide support and cradling for larger bodies. The elevated design of the springs bolsters support under heavier pressure. Further, a reinforced perimeter fosters quality edge support.
- Base layer DuraDense Foam at the bottom of the structure provides reliable durability so you can rest easy knowing you have many comfortable, restful nights ahead.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Upon settling into the mattress, the bed offers firm support while still providing substantial pressure relief. The top layers made of various memory foams allow you to feel the contouring "hug" of memory foam along with considerable buoyancy and spinal alignment benefits. This is excellent news for heavier frames, as they're far less likely to bottom out in a firmer mattress. The robust support should maintain spinal alignment while the soft foam layers provide contouring relief for aches and pains.
Firmness Scale: 7/10
If you lay on the floor you'll begin to notice where your pressure points are, which is anywhere excess weight is concentrated. Side sleepers can particularly struggle in this department as their weight is focused on a more narrow surface area than a wider region like your back or stomach.
The mattress does an excellent job combining support and pressure relief. The dynamic layers of memory foam serve sleepers well, offering an outstanding balance between soft contouring, pressure relief, and spinal alignment.
The top comfort layer created with both Helix Dynamic Foam and Ultra-Dense memory foam allows sleepers to sink in just enough, softly tending to sensitive pressure points. Underneath, firmer memory foam provides a gentle transition on top of bouncy individually wrapped coils; this provides a high IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) to keep sleepers from sinking too deeply, and lets users enjoy years of quality and ergonomically sound comfort.
The bed is a firmer mattress and offers a bolstered lift for heavier individuals. You’ll find considerable support in the transition layer, made of firmer memory foam before cradling into the taller innerspring coils
Beneath this, the individually wrapped, tall innersprings should provide excellent spinal alignment and cradle for various larger bodies. Lastly, the DuraDense Foam at the base offers a durable bottom layer to stand the test of time.
No matter if you sleep on your side, back, or stomach, this mattress is built to offer quality support and spinal alignment, letting you rest assured the Plus has a variety of individuals’ best interests at heart.
Free Delivery & Minimal Off-Gassing Time
The brand offers free delivery within the US, and for a fee, it's shippable to Canada. Unlike other bed-in-a-box brands, there is minimal waiting to air out the mattress. Requiring only 45 minutes to fully expand, the bed allows you to throw sheets on your new bed less than an hour after delivery, providing comfort and support with minimal anticipation.
Helix Plus is a Hybrid mattress model that should keep you cool, unlike other beds made entirely of memory foam which is famous for heat retention. Innersprings allow for natural air circulation due to the spaced coils, helping warm air dissipate and cool air breeze through. Innerspring mattresses are amongst the coolest on the market, helping you dream all night comfortably.
Exceptional Edge Support
The brand claims this model’s edge support is "best in class" due to their use of reinforced foam edges around the perimeter, offering maximum surface area for couples who need to optimize space. Additionally, if you struggle to get in and out of bed due to weak edges, the Plus should offer substantial stability.
All Helix mattress models come with a 10-year limited warranty. However, the Plus and LUXE models are both covered by a 15-year limited warranty for extended assurance. This promise gives buyers specific legal rights and covers any manufacturing defects, should you find any within this period.
Made in the USA
This mattress brand doesn't cut corners by manufacturing overseas, so buyers can rest assured they're sleeping on a product made under thoughtful rules and regulations. The Helix team of engineers, designers, and craftspeople have been in the business for decades, with quality at the forefront of their purpose.
This stamp certifies that the mattress is verified by OEKO-TEX®, which evaluates textiles at each processing level to ensure safety in regards to hazardous chemicals and flame retardants.
The CertiPUR-US® certification promises a product is created without harmful additives like ozone depleters, mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, and with a safe level of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions for indoor air quality.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Mattresses are sent out within 3-10 business days, and delivery can be coordinated with brand representatives. Shipping is free within the United States and for an additional fee to Canada.
- Trial - You can keep this product for 100 nights to make sure it's your dream mattress, and if, for whatever reason, it's less than ideal, the company should refund your money.
- Warranty - There is a limited warranty on this model for 15 years, should you run into any issues down the road.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$849|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$949|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,149|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,649|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,049|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,049|
Helix Plus provides a sturdy, comfortable, quality mattress for larger bodies. Additionally, it provides an excellent combination of support and pressure relief for various sleep postures.
Side sleepers with larger bodies should find excellent comfort when looking for pressure relief. The top layers of dynamic memory foams provide contouring and soothing relief for aches and pains. However, because this bed caters to fuller-figured individuals, it may feel firm if you're under 250 pounds.
This bed excels for back sleepers because of the thoughtful care that went into providing a soft top layer and a firm lower layer. The cushier top foams provide comfort and contouring, while a firmer lower portion offers stable back assistance for proper spinal alignment.
Stomach sleepers often have to be cautious because hips typically carry extra weight and as a result, they often dip in softer beds, wreaking havoc on spinal alignment. However, due to this bed's high-quality support and firmer nature, we believe stomach sleepers will find comfort and spinal assistance in the Plus.
This bed has a considerable bounce and due to the supportive coils on the bottom and softer foams up top, it has superior motion isolation. If you're a combination sleeper, you should be able to move on this bed with ease and without much motion transfer.
Larger sized couples looking for motion isolation, edge support (to maximize surface space), spinal alignment, and pressure relief should find a solution in the Helix Plus. The motion transfer is excellent, and the cooling cover and innerspring design should maintain a comfortable temperature.
Significantly heavier folks can sometimes struggle to find a mattress to accommodate their weight. The diversity of the innerspring support systems coupled with its Dynamic Foam, Ultra-Dense memory foam, encased in the cooling Tencel cover should be an excellent match in comfort and back support for larger individuals.
Lighter than average sleepers may feel that most of these models (the HD, Luxury Firm, and Firm) are too firm to provide comfort, especially side sleepers. Lightweight folks likely won't be heavy enough to activate the foam and coil layers to enjoy the product's full potential. For smaller individuals, the brand’s Sunset model is an excellent softer alternative.
The Helix Plus packs a lot of value into their product, and the durability should promise a considerable return on investment. We love the dynamic design of multiple foams and support methods to offer excellent pressure relief and spinal alignment for larger folks. With US free delivery, even purchasing is made easy with this winning mattress, and we happily recommend the product.