If you’ve ever struggled with pressure relief, overheating, or lumbar support on your old mattress, it may be time to buy a new one. The Nectar Premier Hybrid mattress should help with these issues, targeting pressure points and sensitive areas to deliver better rest.
The Nectar Premier Hybrid combines memory foam with two inches of ActiveLift HD and 8 inches of individually wrapped coils. This combination of materials makes the bed suitable for a range of sleepers, especially those who sleep on their back and side.
In this review, we’ll discuss the construction, features, unique materials, and other things that make the Nectar Premier Hybrid such an exciting option.
Watch Our Nectar Premier Hybrid Video Review
Who We Recommend The Nectar Premier Hybrid For:
- Hot sleepers – The Nectar Premier Hybrid has a cooling cover that wicks away moisture and heat to prevent you from overheating and sweating. The bed’s hybrid design includes individually wrapped coils that improve the airflow, preventing the foam layers from overheating.
- Couples – The coils in this bed are individually wrapped to absorb motion, which is great for partners with different sleeping habits. The construction also features thicker gauge coils around the perimeter for added edge support, allowing couples to spread out across the entire bed.
- Back and side sleepers – Back and side sleepers should like the combination of foam and coils for quality contouring while also supporting the body in the most critical areas.
Who We Don’t Recommend The Nectar Premier Hybrid For:
- Heavy stomach sleepers – The bed may not deliver enough to support heavier stomach sleepers. Though we didn’t notice much sinkage in the hips in the stomach sleeping position, people over 230 pounds may experience this more.
- People who need bounce – Although the Nectar Premier Hybrid has a bit of bounce to it, people who need a highly buoyant mattress may prefer something with latex or a traditional innerspring model. Combination sleepers and those with mobility issues may struggle to move about the bed due to the lack of bounce. Sexually-active couples might also want a bouncier mattress.
First Impressions: Firmness & Feel
Firmness Scale: 5-6/10
Please remember that firmness is a subjective characteristic and your shape will dictate how you experience a bed. A heavier person whose weight can more easily push through softer comfort and support layers may experience a bed as softer than a lightweight person. The way you are shaped could also play a role here. Consider your weight, shape, and size when evaluating firmness scores.
This Nectar hybrid mattress is rated 5-6 out of 10 on our firmness scale, which falls in the medium to medium firm firmness level. The top feels plush and soft, cradling your curves just enough for pressure relief when you sleep on your side and back. The addition of coils supports the upper layers and your body, preventing the hips from sinking in. As a result, this firmness level should be a good choice for combination sleepers, especially those who usually change between sleeping on the side and back. Stomach sleepers may prefer a firmer mattress unless they weigh under 130 pounds.
How Does It Feel?
This hybrid comes in a box and may take up to 24 hours before you can sleep on it. Once it’s ready, you should feel the plushness right away. The premium foam layers allow a bit of sinkage to relieve pressure, while the ActiveLift HD supports the spine.
Settling into the bed, you’ll likely experience a slower response from the top layers than the bottom. However, this is normal for these materials, considering the top is foam and the bottom is coils.
What We Like About the Nectar Premier Hybrid
- Versatile firmness – The medium to medium-firm feel should be a good fit for many sleepers, especially those weighing 130 to 230 pounds. The versatile firmness level is also good for partners who prefer different sleeping positions.
- Long trial and warranty – Nectar offers an industry-leading 365-night trial and a forever warranty, standing behind the durability of its product.
- Cooling properties – The Nectar Premier Hybrid has excellent cooling properties, which include a quilted cooling cover that prevents the heat from building up at the surface. The cover is cool to the touch, and its hybrid construction helps with airflow to keep the rest of the bed cool.
Our Nectar Premier Hybrid Complaints
- More expensive – The Nectar Premier Hybrid in Queen size is currently 1,599 dollars, which isn’t the cheapest option available. Hybrids offer lots of great benefits, but they’re usually more expensive than all-foam models, which may be hard for budget shoppers.
- Minimal bounce – The Nectar Premier Hybrid has minimal bounce, which could be a drawback for some. Although it has coils, the upper foam layers absorb the bounce. As a result, the mattress should isolate motion well, but those looking for more buoyancy may want to check another bed.
Testing the Nectar Premier Hybrid Mattress: How it Performed
Testing the Nectar Premier Hybrid mattress allowed us to get better insight into how it performs in different sleeping positions. We tested to see how it feels on the shoulders and hips when you lie on your side, as well as how it feels on the lower and upper back when you lie on your back and stomach.
We also tested for motion isolation, edge support, bounce, and cooling to better evaluate if this mattress is good for hot sleepers, couples, and those who toss and turn.
Sleeping Positions for Different Body Types
Typically, hybrids are equipped to handle more weight than all foam mattresses because of the addition of steel coils. The Nectar Premier Hybrid is one of the newest models in the brand’s line, so research is ongoing. However, the company’s flagship model, the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress, can support up to 600 pounds total (300 per person if you sleep with a partner), so with this being a hybrid, it will likely support more than that. You should expect fantastic support from hybrid mattresses in general, though.
|Weight||Side Sleepers||Back Sleepers||Stomach Sleepers
|Lightweight Sleepers (-130 lbs)||★☆☆||★★☆||★★☆|
|Average-Weight Sleepers (130-230 lbs)||★★★||★★★||★★☆|
|Heavyweight Sleepers (+230 lbs)||★☆☆||★★☆||★☆☆|
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight side sleepers might find this Nectar mattress a bit too firm. Although the quilted cover has a plush feel, a person weighing under 130 pounds may not be heavy enough to activate the upper layers to get the best pressure relief.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight sleepers who prefer sleeping on their side should like the Nectar’s mid-range firmness. The medium-firm feel delivers a balance of pressure relief on the shoulders and hips while supporting the body in alignment.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavyweight sleepers need a firm mattress that can support their weight so that the hips and shoulders don’t sink too deep into the mattress. Those weighing well over 230 pounds may find their hips sinking in, which can result in back pain.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight back sleepers should like the gentle cradling the Nectar provides in this position. The plush cover should cradle the lower back just enough to prevent pressure from building up.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – The Nectar Premier Hybrid offers a balance of pressure relief and support needed to keep the back straight without creating pain in the lumbar region. The gentle cradle and sturdy coils allow maximum comfort in this position for people weighing 130 to 230 pounds.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavyweight back sleepers who prefer a softer feel should like the Premier Hybrid. However, those weighing more than 250 pounds may sink too deep, which can throw the spine out of alignment.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Stomach sleepers usually prefer firm mattresses, but those weighing under 130 pounds may experience this Nectar firmer than it is. As a result, they should find sufficient support in the medium to medium-firm firmness level.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight people who sleep on their stomachs may find this mattress too soft to keep the hips and shoulders aligned. However, those close to 150 pounds may still get sufficient support since the bed doesn’t allow too much sinkage.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Although people weighing over 230 pounds usually need a firmer mattress, we didn’t notice much sinkage, so the Nectar Premier Hybrid may still work for this group.
Pressure Relief & Pain
Nectar prevents pressure build-up by incorporating several memory foam layers before the coil unit in their Premier Hybrid mattress. The three foam layers cushion the body, contouring the curves to relieve pressure on the shoulders, hips, and legs. The 1-inch contouring memory foam adapts to your body shape and bounces back when you get up, thanks to the transition layer underneath. Overall, the Nectar Premier Hybrid should provide you with the feeling of a gentle cradle, and the bed’s mid-range firmness should fit most sleepers seeking pressure relief while maintaining support.
Back Pain – Back pain can be impossible to fall asleep with, especially if your mattress doesn’t help alleviate it. The Nectar Premier Hybrid should provide enough support to keep the hips and shoulders aligned, which is the best recipe for pain relief.
Hip Pain – Hip pain can worsen if your mattress is too firm to allow pressure relief in this area. The Nectar Premier Hybrid is a 6 on our firmness scale, which is a good score for people with hip pain, especially if they weigh 130 to 230 pounds.
Shoulder Pain – Those who struggle with shoulder pain should like the plush quilted cover of the Nectar Premier Hybrid. The mattress offers gentle cradling, which can help ease the pain you feel in the shoulders. That being said, if you’re very lightweight, this bed might exacerbate shoulder pain.
Read More: Best Mattresses for Shoulder and Hip Pain
Nectar does great in the support department as it includes an edge-to-edge coil unit with thicker gauge coils along the perimeter. The support starts with the 1-inch transition layer that’s firmer than the comfort foam layers above. The primary support layer is the coil unit with 8-inch springs that move with you but are individually wrapped to reduce motion transfer. The coil unit supports the most critical areas like your shoulders, lower back, hips, and knees.
The bed’s support is enhanced by the base layer that stabilizes the foam and coils above. The design was made to ensure it can support a range of sleepers.
Motion isolation is crucial for a good night’s sleep, especially if you share the bed with a significant other, a child, or even a pet. The Nectar Premier Hybrid does have coils, but it also has a quilted cover and three foam layers on top, which helps it absorb motion. In addition, the coils are individually-wrapped, which allows them to move separately so that no movement transfers from one side to the other.
Temperature Regulation / Cooling
The Nectar Premier Hybrid has 8 inches of coils, which allows plenty of airflow to keep the entire construction cool. On top of that, the cool-to-the-touch cover remains cool throughout the night, making it excellent for those who sleep hot. Thanks to its circle-knit cover, the mattress helps with temperature regulation, keeping you warm during winter and cool in the summer.
Performance for Couples
Couples should appreciate Nectar’s mid-range firmness that fits a range of sleepers and preferences. This bed has excellent motion isolation, which is good for partners with different sleeping habits. In addition, the support layer has coils from edge to edge, so couples can spread out and use the entire surface of the bed. The cooling properties make this mattress even more attractive to couples, especially if one person is a hot sleeper.
The Nectar Premier Hybrid is an excellent option for hot sleepers as it’s breathable and cooling. The cover feels cool to the touch, and the coils in the hybrid design allow air to circulate throughout the construction.
Exceptional Edge Support
By including thicker gauge coils along the perimeter, the Nectar Premier Hybrid offers excellent edge support, allowing you to use the entire surface of the bed. Couples and single individuals should be able to sit and sleep near the edge without feeling like they’d roll off.
The Nectar Premier Hybrid is rolled and packaged in a box. This allows easy shipping, but it also makes it easier to move the mattress from your doorstep to the bedroom. Nectar suggests you unroll the mattress on your foundation of choice but wait at least 24 hours before using it.
Great Motion Isolation
The Nectar Premier Hybrid has three foam layers above the individually-wrapped coils, which helps isolate motion. This makes the mattress attractive to couples, combination sleepers, and people sharing their beds with kids or pets.
Construction: What’s Inside the Nectar Premier Hybrid?
The Nectar Premier Hybrid is 13 inches tall and has a quilted cooling cover. The cover has antimicrobial protection and is thin for maximum breathability. In addition, this cover is gentle to the touch, thanks to the circle-knitting that gives it an extra-plush feel.
- The first layer is made from an inch of memory foam that contours and cushions pressure points, adapting to the shape of your body in different positions.
- Next is the 2-inch ActiveLift HD layer that supports the body and helps keep the spine in optimal alignment, which is especially important for preventing back pain.
- The transition layer is made up of an inch of premium foam that gives this bed some bounce. Additionally, this foam provides a soft transition into the coils underneath so that you don’t feel them pushing into you.
- The innerspring coil unit is 8 inches tall, featuring individually wrapped coils that go from edge to edge. This supports your body and the upper layers while also providing exceptional edge support.
- The base layer features an inch of sturdy foam that improves stability and support, improving the overall performance of the upper layers.
The Nectar Premier Hybrid has a shift-resistant lower cover that prevents the bed from sliding and sagging. Together with the top and bottom covers, this Nectar bed has seven layers, all working together to promote a cool and comfortable sleeping environment.
Unboxing & Off-Gassing
Like all Nectar mattresses, the Premier Hybrid comes compressed, rolled, and packaged in a box. This is called bed-in-a-box shipping and is done to make the mattress more manageable when it arrives at your doorstep. We advise you to place the box on your bed foundation of choice before opening and unwrapping the plastic. Once you open it, the mattress will start decompressing, and it should continue to do so for the following 24 hours.
You may also notice off-gassing smells when you first unpack this hybrid. This is common for beds that contain memory foam, especially when they’re shipped in a box. However, the smell should dissipate by the time the mattress decompresses.
- Eco-Friendly Certifications – The foams in this bed are CertiPUR-US® certified. CertiPUR-US® is a third-party program that ensures the foams meet rigorous health and safety standards. This means they don’t contain harmful substances like ozone depleters, PBDEs, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates. They should also have low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous United States. Nectar ships the mattress to Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee.
- White-Glove Delivery – Professional installation is available at the checkout, but there’s an additional non-refundable fee.
- Trial – You can keep the Nectar Premier Hybrid for 365 nights, which should give you enough time to decide if it’s the right fit for your needs. If not, you can return it for a full refund.
- Warranty – There is a forever warranty on this Nectar mattress.
- Return Policy – Returns are free for the contiguous United States. People living in Hawaii and Alaska may need to pay a shipping fee, but the return itself is still free.
Sizes & Prices
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$1,199|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,249|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,499|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,599|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,899|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,899|
|Split King||38” x 80” x 13”||$2,498|
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the foams in the Nectar Premier Hybrid certified?
Yes, the Nectar Premier Hybrid has CertiPUR-US®-certified foams that indicate the material is free from toxins, chemicals, heavy metals, and other harmful substances.
What is the firmness level of the Nectar Premier Hybrid?
We rate the Nectar Premier Hybrid 6 on our firmness level with 1 being the softest and 10 the firmest. This is near the middle of our firmness scale, which means the mattress should fit a range of sleepers, but mostly those weighing 130 to 230 pounds.
Should I flip the Nectar Premier Hybrid Mattress?
The Nectar Premier Hybrid has layers stacked so that it delivers the best pressure relief and support. For this reason, you’re not supposed to flip it because the layers would then be stacked otherwise, tampering with how the mattress performs.
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Other Brands
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Saatva Classic
- Cooling cover
- Hybrid design
- 365-night trial period
- Two innerspring layers
- Multiple firmness levels
- Two height options
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Hybrid For
- Those who need a long trial
- Average-weight sleepers
Who We Recommend the Saatva Classic For
- People who need options
- Those struggling with back pain
- Affordable luxury shoppers
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Helix Midnight
- 365-night trial
- Forever warranty
- 13-inch profile
- 100-night trial
- 10-year warranty
- 11.5-inch profile
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Hybrid For
- Back sleepers
- Lightweight stomach sleepers
- Restless sleepers
Who We Recommend the Helix Midnight For
- People with pressure build-up
- Side sleepers
- Those looking for a slimmer bed
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Other Nectar Models
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Nectar Premier Copper Hybrid
- 13-inch profile
- Minimal bounce
- 7 layers
- Copper fibers
- 14-inch profile
- Euro top
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Hybrid For
- People seeking affordable luxury
- Sleepers with allergies
- Side and back sleepers
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Copper Hybrid For
- Hot sleepers
- Luxury shoppers
- Lightweight stomach sleepers
Nectar Premier Hybrid vs. Nectar Hybrid
- 13-inch profile
- Antimicrobial protection
- Therapeutic memory foam
- 12-inch profile
- Gel memory foam
- 6 layers
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Hybrid For
- Average-weight people
- Combination sleepers
- People with hip pain
Who We Recommend the Nectar Hybrid For
- Those looking for extra support
- People with back pain
- Budget shoppers looking for a cheaper hybrid
Nectar is one of the industry-leading brands that make high-quality mattresses. This hybrid is a perfect blend of comfort and support, so it should help nearly all sleepers achieve a better night’s sleep.
Most side sleepers should like the plush upper layers that provide a gentle cradle. When you lie down, you should feel the soft foam layers cushion you to help prevent pressure build-up. Even heavier side sleepers may find that the Premier Hybrid accommodates them well.
Back sleepers should find sufficient support from this hybrid mattress. The Premier Hybrid should do a great job of evenly distributing the sleeper’s weight, and you are likely to notice that this bed keeps your spine in good alignment while you lie down.
Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that supports the hips and prevents them from sinking in. If not, the spine would fall out of alignment, and you’d likely wake up with back pain. The Premier Hybrid will likely feel softer for stomach sleepers, but we didn’t notice the hips sink much while testing this bed.
This Nectar bed is a great fit for multiple positions. Plus, the bounce from the coils should help aid with repositioning. Therefore, we think this bed should accommodate combination sleepers fairly well. The only drawback is that this bed won’t have as much bounce as a latex hybrid or traditional innerspring.
Couples should like the Nectar Premier Hybrid as it offers excellent edge support and minimal motion transfer. The sturdy edges should ensure you and your partner can use the full surface space. You might experience some slight motion transfer on this bed, but it shouldn’t be a significant problem.
Significantly heavier folks may not like the Nectar Premier Hybrid because the mid-range firmness might not be enough to support them. This is especially the case for heavyweight sleepers who enjoy sleeping on their back and stomach. However, some heavier side sleepers might find a good match in this model.
The Nectar Premier Hybrid is an excellent match for most lightweight sleepers, particularly those who enjoy resting on their back or stomach. The mattress has a plush surface that allows gentle contouring without trapping you, while the coils support the body in all positions. Lightweight side sleepers may prefer something plusher, though.
Average-weight people are the ideal group for the Nectar Premier Hybrid regardless of their preferred sleeping position. Those weighing closer to 230 pounds may experience it as softer than it is, but they’d still get sufficient support, especially when sleeping on their back and side.
Nectar is popular for a reason. The company makes high-value mattresses that fit a variety of people, promising the investment is a long-lasting one. The Nectar Premier Hybrid is one of their newest models, and we think it offers customers a solid deal.
We recommend choosing the Nectar Premier Hybrid if you’re a back or side sleeper. This bed’s medium-firm feel should give the right balance that these sleepers need to experience cozy pressure relief without losing out on vital support.
We also feel the Nectar Premier Hybrid is a great match for couples and single individuals who want to spread out across their beds. The advanced edge support from the coils should ensure these people feel supported along the perimeter.
Heavier sleepers are the only group that will likely benefit least from this mattress, with the exception being some heavier side sleepers that may want extra pressure relief.