WinkBeds is a family-owned bed-in-a-box mattress brand specializing in hybrid and foam models handmade to order. The brand’s flagship model is a versatile hybrid mattress with lots of options for those who know what they like. Combining foam, cooling technology, and pocketed coils, this bed should keep most sleepers cool and comfortable. The WinkBed isavailable in three firmness levels and a Plus model meant for heavier individuals.
Our complete WinkBed Mattress Review will analyze the mattress specs, including everything from comfort features to bounce, and let you know which sleepers we think are a perfect match for this bed.
For our comprehensive look at WinkBed, keep reading, or just skip to the bottom for our final thoughts on the brand.
Excellent Matches For WinkBed
- Hot Sleepers – WinkBed includes individually pocketed springs and gel infusions in the pillow top to help keep you cool. With a Tencel fabric cover, this mattress goes all out for cooling.
- Combo Sleepers – The WinkBed is versatile enough to support a variety of sleeping positions, potentially reducing the number of times you wake up at night.
- People Seeking Customization – The WinkBed is available in Soft, Luxury Firm, Firm, and Plus. This allows all sleepers to find a WinkBed that suits them.
- Couples – The WinkBed features an Extra-Edge™ Support System built into the coil units. The system contains more supportive coils along the perimeter of the mattresses, which increases the sleepable surface area, meaning more room to spread out.
Possible WinkBed Considerations:
- It doesn’t use memory foam – The WinkBed mattress is constructed with plenty of individually wrapped springs. These should provide better response and air circulation. However, the foams in this bed do not include memory foam, which may not provide that slow-melting feel some folks prefer. However, this bed still prioritizes comfort with its quilted EuroTop cover that should still give sleepers much-needed pressure relief.
- It’s More Costly – WinkBeds is a brand that offers shoppers a lot of design variety and customization, but if you are shopping on a smaller budget, their slightly higher price point may put you off.
Winkbed on Our Best Lists
Construction: What’s inside WinkBed?
The cover of the WinkBed is made with Tencel. This is a breathable and eco-friendly textile made from eucalyptus trees and meant to wick away moisture to keep you cool and dry while you sleep. The Tencel fabric is quilted to 2 inches of gel-infused foam, creating this bed’s luxurious and cooling Euro-style pillowtop.
Each WinkBed mattress is handcrafted, so the dimensions may vary slightly, but all three models (the Softer, Luxury Firm, and Firmer) are approximately 13.5 inches tall. The following specifications refer to the Luxury Firm option.
- The EuroTop features 2 inches of plush gel-infused foam. The gel in this layer should prevent heat build-up around your body to keep you cool during the night while also providing softness for those who need relief for sensitive pressure points.
- The innerspring unit features 8-inch individually wrapped coils that also come with zone support for the back. The zoned support is designed to push back in areas with increased pressure. This layer has 5 zone support areas in total.
- The perimeter features the Extra-Edge™ Support system with coils providing excellent edge support so that you can sit and sleep near the edge of the bed.
Note that the Softer version of the bed will have an additional 2 inches of special foam for optimum pressure relief. The firmer option will have a solid EuroTop to prevent unnecessary sinkage into the bed.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Each WinkBed is made to order and is compressed and rolled into a box for shipping.
The company recommends sturdy frames with stable centers.
Settling into the mattress, most sleepers should feel the gentle contouring of the foam EuroTop. Heavier sleepers and those who side sleep might feel themselves engaging the quilted Hypersoft foam as it provides extra pressure relief and contouring.
As you reposition, the fast response and bounce from the springs should help you feel less stuck and more mobile on the bed.
Firmness Scale: 4.5 (Soft) 6.5/10 (Luxury Firm) 7.5 (Firm)
When you lie down, you’ll feel pressure gather in certain areas of the body, which is why you need a bed that’s designed with comfort in mind to help minimize that pressure.
The superior pressure relief in this bed stems from both the soft gel foam and the pocketed coils underneath.
The cover feels plush and responds quickly to pressure. There is less sinkage compared to some designs, but both the foam layers and coil unit should evenly distribute your weight to relieve pressure.
Support isn’t just for heavier sleepers; we all benefit from targeted support to keep our hips from sinking in too far and throwing our spines out of alignment. Additionally, support aids in repositioning and has the potential to extend the life of a bed.
WinkBed’s support system relies on the pocketed coil unit. This not only means that the mattress should support virtually any sleeping position but that it will support you as you reposition, providing some bounce and quick response, so you shouldn’t wake up as often.
However, one thing to remember is that different firmness levels provide variable support. As such, the Softer WinkBed may not be as supportive as the Firmer or Plus models. In addition, the support level may also vary depending on how much you weigh since lightweight and heavyweight sleepers won’t find equal support from the same bed.
Multiple Firmness Options
While this review mainly focuses on the Luxury Firm model, WinkBeds also has a Plus model for heavier folks, a Softer model for lighter sleepers, and the Firmer option for those who want a little more support than the Luxury Firm offers.
WinkBed ships free directly to your door, rolled and compressed into a box. With a quick and easy setup, most users should be ready to sleep on their bed as soon as it’s completely decompressed.
With a breathable Tencel cover, gel-infused foam, and an innerspring layer, air should continuously circulate through the mattress, wicking heat away from the body and keeping sleepers cool.
Exceptional Edge Support
The 8-inch coil unit in this bed is also constructed to provide optimal edge support, allowing for more surface area to sleep on. The mattress also features the Extra-Edge™ Support System with coils along the perimeter, offering added support to prevent sinkage if you lie on the edge of your mattress.
The layer of individually pocketed coils should provide some bounce in the mattress, which is great for repositioning and couples. With higher bounce, you’re less likely to feel stuck in the mattress.
The WinkBed cover is made from Tencel, a sustainably produced and biodegradable material. The cover is also OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Class 1 certified, which means the material is safe enough for children. Additionally, all the foams have a CertiPUR-US® Certification verifying that they contain safe amounts of potentially harmful substances.
Adjustable Base Compatible
WinkBed is adjustable base compatible so long as it has a solid or slatted base. The company sells an adjustable base on its website for those who are shopping for a new model.
Handcrafted in the USA
All WinkBeds are sourced and handcrafted in the United States. Because the beds are handcrafted, you can expect a small amount of variance between the beds.
- Eco-Friendly Certifications - This product received the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Class 1 certification for its cover, which is the highest standard. This represents that the textiles in the cover are free of harmful substances. Additionally, the foams in WinkBed are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they have been evaluated by a third party and found to have a safe amount of potentially harmful substances, protecting your indoor air quality.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the contiguous United States.
- Trial - The company offers a 120-night trial period to decide if your new bed is right for you. If you decide it doesn’t meet your expectations, WinkBed will refund you and arrange to have the bed picked up free of charge.
- Warranty - WinkBed offers a lifetime limited warranty for the original purchaser of the mattress. The bed was made to last through the years, but if you have any questions, we recommend consulting the company directly.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)*||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13.5”||$1,149|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,249|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13.5”||$1,499|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,799|
|King||76” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,999|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 13.5”||$2,049|
WinkBed is a luxury hybrid bed with a variety of comfort features that should make it a versatile pick for most sleeping positions. With eco-conscious materials sourced and assembled in the U.S., the company also makes ethical strides in the mattress industry.
This bed includes multiple firmness options, so side sleepers can decide which firmness they prefer based on our review. Each model utilizes zoned support in the coil system to allow the torso and shoulders to sink appropriately, gently contouring and relieving pressure. Most side sleepers should prefer the Softer WinkBed as it provides the best pressure relief in sensitive areas.
The individually wrapped coil support system in the Luxury Firm WinkBed mattress features targeted back support, pushing back in the areas with more pressure while compressing in the areas with less pressure, keeping the spine straight, which is perfect for back sleepers.
While the Luxury Firm is probably firm enough for most stomach sleepers, those who prefer extra support or who are significantly heavier may prefer one of the firmer models. With seven zones of support in the coil system and comfort layers for pressure relief, this bed should easily keep the spine aligned.
WinkBeds should be suitable for most sleeping positions, and with some extra bounce and quick response, it should be easy to roll over and reposition without awakening. This company offers several specific feels, and those who like to switch between different positions may find it difficult to choose a firmness perfect for all positions.
With good motion isolation, most couples should be able to reposition without waking each other. With noticeable bounce for potentially better sex, reinforced edge support for more surface area, and versatility of sleeping positions, this bed offers plenty of features to love for couples.
Heavier sleepers typically need firmer beds to avoid sinking too deep into the mattress. The Luxury Firm should be a great choice for most sleepers, but those who are significantly heavier might prefer the Plus or the Firmer model for more support.
With zoned support, two comfort layers, and gentle contouring, most lighter sleepers should sleep well on the Luxury Firm. However, if you are exceptionally lightweight or need extra pressure relief for sore spots, you might want to try the Softer model.
WinkBed has managed to fit nearly every comfort, support, and convenient feature possible into its Luxury Firm model. Versatile enough for most sleeping positions, great for couples, and ideal for most body types, we’d say WinkBed is worth its luxury price.