DreamCloud’s mission is to offer a luxury bed at an affordable price that’s easily accessible to consumers. The company also launched one of the very first bed-in-a-box options.
DreamCloud is continually working to provide exceptional updates and modifications to their popular Premier bed that’s a hybrid of memory foam and innerspring coils. In our comprehensive DreamCloud Premier mattress review, we’ll be discussing items like the bed’s edge support, how well it isolates motion, its pressure-relieving capabilities, and more. This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about this mattress.
In a hurry? Go ahead and jump to the end to see how we scored the bed in different categories depending on what kind of sleeper you are.
Excellent Matches For DreamCloud Premier
- Memory Foam Fans – If you like to nestle into your bed and feel that great pressure relief that comes from a memory foam hug, this may be the right choice.
- Value Seekers – You want to treat yourself and invest in a great bed, but you don’t want to break your budget. This brand offers a lot of mattress for your dollar, and we think that it represents a pretty great value.
- Hesitant Buyers – If you’re the type of person who likes to test things out at your own pace, this company’s giving you a year to jump around on this mattress and make sure it’s your perfect fit. If it’s not, send it back, and they’ll issue a refund.
Possible DreamCloud Considerations:
- Stomach Support – The DreamCloud Premier mattress sits at a true medium firmness and has a cozy sink and enveloping hug. This may not be the perfect recipe for stomach sleepers, especially those who are heavier than average and need extra support in this position. The brand also makes an all-foam bed that may bed a better fit.
- Mobility Concerns – That cushy sink-into-sleep feeling of a EuroTop and memory foam does wonders for pressure relief, but if you’re someone who struggles to move around on your bed, you might want a brand with a more subtle cradle.
DreamCloud Premier on Our Best Lists
Construction: What’s Inside the DreamCloud Premier?
TheDreamCloud Premier, which ships vacuum-sealed in a box, is a hybrid mattress mixing springs with foams to offer a blend of comfort and support. The company recommends the mattresses be placed on a firm, solid base, and it works with all types of bed foundations, including adjustable bases.
The cover is a Cashmere blend that is quilted to two layers of foam to create the bed’s EuroTop. The top foam layer is memory foam, which allows the mattress to contour to your frame. This bed has 5 layers total, two of which are built into the cover, and it stands 14 inches tall.
- Below the EuroTop is 2.5 inches of soft conventional foam. This comfort layer helps provide a cushion for your body to relieve sensitive pressure points.
- The support layer is built with 1 inch of standard conventional foam and is also considered the base foam layer. The base should provide added resistance so that you don’t directly feel the coils or sink too deeply into the bed.
- The coil unit is located at the bottom of the bed and is 8.5 inches thick. The unit contains both inner and perimeter coils for optimum edge support on all sides. The coils should help promote additional airflow throughout the bed to help you stay cool, while also limiting motion transfer and making sure you’re well-supported.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Unboxing is simple, and there are handles placed on the sides to help you move it into place. The bed can take 24-72 hours to fully expand to its full 14-inch height. There is some manufacturing smell to the mattress, but this should dissipate if you let it air out.
Laying down, it should feel plush and soft, and the cover feels well-made and durable. The EuroTop hugs the body as the memory foam layer conforms to your curves, giving you a more “in-the-bed” feel.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
Our bodies are built with curves and not straight lines, and this means that our weight will often exert pressure on certain parts of our body (especially the hips and shoulders) when lying down. For this reason, it’s important to choose a bed that’s designed to give you the comfort you need in order to rest well.
The DreamCloud brand addresses this concern by using a combination of soft comfort foams, conforming memory materials, and transitional support to ensure that the body’s shape is accommodated and curves are supported. Your body should feel suspended in this high-quality mattress as it evenly cradles common pressure points and wipes away any strain you may feel.
Additionally, the bed’s cover, which includes a luxurious Cashmere blend and 2-inch thick EuroTop should be extra comforting and plush. This is particularly beneficial for side sleepers who tend to use prefer more softness.
One of the best ways to help ward off chronic back or neck pain is to make sure your spine is in good alignment while you rest, and a supportive bed should help keep your spine in check.
The DreamCloud Premier mattress starts its support system with the base foam layer, which is helpful for heavier sleepers who can sometimes bottom out through pillowy tops onto the firmer support system. Beneath the transitional foam layer, there’s an 8.5-inch unit of individually wrapped coils that compress under the sleeper's weight and should offer more tailored support and even alignment for most sleepers.
This brand is compressed in the factory, wrapped in plastic and rolled into a bag for low-fuss delivery.
Great Motion Isolation
There are 5.5 inches of foam about the coil unit in the DreamCloud Premier mattress, including 1 inch of gel memory foam. This should work well to muffle most ordinary movements of partners getting in and out of bed or the restless tossing and turning of pets or children. The isolated coils also cut down on the transfer of vibrations, so this high-quality hybrid mattress should work well for those who wake up easily.
The top two layers of foam in this bed are quilted to the Cashmere blend cover, creating its EuroTop finish (a type of pillow top), which gives the surface a pillowy, cloud-like look and feel.
Memory foam can have the reputation of sleeping hot because of how close it conforms to the body and how little air tends to flow through it. This brand has infused its memory foam with gel. This should help conduct the heat away from your body so you don’t become uncomfortable during the night.
Reinforced Edge Support
Coils around the edge of the mattress are designed with a thicker gauge wire so that the edges should retain their shape, even for sleepers who like to hug the edge of the mattress. Couples looking to share often appreciate firmer edges because it increases the bed’s usable surface space.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This bed is compatible with all foundations, including adjustable bases.
This bed is CertiPUR-US certified. This certification indicates that the foams have undergone testing that looks for unsafe levels of VOCs and other harsh chemicals that have historically been part of the manufacturing process of polyurethane foams.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - This company ships for free within the United States, though there is a small fee assessed for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping to international countries or U.S. territories is not available at this time.
- White-Glove Delivery - Should you choose, the company offers an optional delivery service that will bring the bed into your home and set it up for you. This service is available for an additional charge of $149.
- Trial - DreamCloud offers one of the longest sleep trial periods in the business. You can try the brand for free in your home for a full year before deciding to commit to the bed.
- Warranty - This brand is covered by a Lifetime warranty, which is only available to the bed’s original purchaser.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||$1,398|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14”||$1,598|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,898|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,998|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$2,298|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$2,298|
The 2021 update delivers a “Premier” DreamCloud mattress that offers a great mix of soft pressure relief and support all wrapped up in a convenient box you can easily deliver into your bedroom.
As the Eurotop hugs your shape, the gel memory foam should conform to your curves to wipe away pressure from the hips and shoulders. These can be problem areas for side sleepers because all of the sleeper's weight is concentrated on less surface area, but the Dreamcloud Premier should address these concerns nicely while working to keep the spine aligned.
Back sleepers can be accommodated by a number of different feels in a mattress, so choosing a bed is usually a matter of taste. Those who like to sleep more in the bed should find that this brand can cradle their body evenly, filling in the curve of their lower back, while still supporting their spine.
For stomach sleepers, a lot will depend on your weight and where you carry most of it. Those who are thicker through the middle may find that a bed this soft allows their hips to dip slightly in the prone position. Lighter sleepers should sleep comfortably, however, and enjoy the softness of the pillow top.
Those who change position at night need to think about versatility and responsiveness in their mattress. The DreamCloud Premier may take a few seconds to respond, but you shouldn’t feel stuck as you might in some traditional memory foam beds. That said, if you regularly struggle with mobility, you may find this bed slightly more difficult to navigate.
Beds in the medium-range tend to be versatile, and that’s a key attribute for couples. DreamCloud Premier serves a wide range of sizes and shapes in multiple sleep positions. There’s not a ton of bounce, especially in the top layer, but the coils beneath are conducive to those with active sex lives.
If you are heavier than average and especially if you weigh over 200 pounds, this bed will likely feel soft. The transition foams should cushion your weight and relieve pressure, however, alignment may be a concern when lying on your stomach. If you are right on the border weight-wise, remember that this company has an extremely generous sleep trial period.
Those with slimmer builds who want a soft bed typically have to shop within the 3-6 firmness range to find a good mattress that cushions their weight without feeling overly firm. Folks that are lighter should be able to sink through the Eurotop and enjoy the in-the-mattress feeling of this bed while still feeling well supported.
This brand packs a lot of value, and the materials and height are rare in the bed-in-the-box space. DreamCloud Premier offers a 14-inch mattress for much less than you might find in the retail space for a similar build. Coils, reinforced edges, and a Eurotop round out this bed and give it a high-end finish that shouldn’t break your bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes the Dreamcloud so great?
Dreamcloud has worked diligently to provide a high quality product that offers an array of features while keeping prices low so that everyone can enjoy a quality night of sleep. The company offers a product that provides quality motion isolation, temperature control, and pressure relief, at an affordable price point and financing options.
Can I finance the Dreamcloud?
Yes you can finance this product. Dreamcloud has teamed up with Affirm and Splitit, two payment solutions companies, to provide buyers financing options. Mattresses are significant purchases, and spending the money on one all at once can be straining; these services could allow you to apply for financing to alleviate that burden.
Is the Dreamcloud Premier good for hot sleepers?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress uses gel-infused memory foam as well as a latex and coil system to promote airflow. This technology fosters heat diffusion keeping even the warmest sleepers cool throughout the night. While traditional memory foam might feel nice, it could have you waking up in a hot sweat— the Dreamcloud Premier mattress should have you dozing through the whole night comfortably.
What is the Dreamcloud Premier made of?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress is made up of eight layers of various materials to provide maximum comfort. It includes gel-infused memory foam to protect from overheating, natural latex, pocketed coils, and a plush euro top for comfort with a cashmere polyester cover. They’re confident their product will have you sleeping like a baby.
Can you try the Dreamcloud risk-free?
Dreamcloud is so confident in what they offer that they let buyers try their product for a full year before deciding whether to keep the mattress. If you’re not fully satisfied for whatever reason, shipping and returns are completely free, letting buyers test and trial the product without stress or worry.