DreamCloud’s mission is to offer a luxury bed at an affordable price that’s easily accessible to consumers. The company also launched one of the very first bed-in-a-box options.
DreamCloud is continually working to provide exceptional updates and modifications to their popular Premier bed. The Premier is an upgraded version of the brand’s standard DreamCloud bed, featuring conventional foams and 8.5-inch pocketed coils made from 85-percent recycled steel.
In our comprehensive DreamCloud Premier mattress review, we’ll be discussing items like the bed’s edge support, how well it isolates motion, its pressure-relieving capabilities, and more. This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about this mattress.
In a hurry? Go ahead and jump to the end to see how we scored the bed in different categories depending on what kind of sleeper you are.
- The DreamCloud has 4 layers, and the DreamCloud Premier has 5 layers.
- DreamCloud now offers their Premier in a Twin size. They have also slightly adjusted the width of their Twin and Twin XL models from 39 inches to 38.
- DreamCloud has reintroduced cashmere back into the DreamCloud cover. The DreamCloud Premier has a quilted cashmere blend cover that’s resilient, absorbent, and soft. It adds a high-end quality to the DreamCloud Premier.
Excellent Matches For DreamCloud Premier
- Memory Foam Fans – If you like to nestle into your bed and feel that great pressure relief that comes from a memory foam hug, this may be the right choice. This hybrid features two EuroTop layers and a gel-infused memory foam comfort layer that helps relieve pressure by cradling the body.
- Hot Sleepers – DreamCloud Premier offers plenty of cooling. First, the company adds gel to the memory foam to prevent the memory foam from overheating. Second, the coils in these mattresses provide airflow throughout the center of the bed. The additional airflow should further keep the bed cool.
- Hesitant Buyers – If you’re the type of person who likes to test things out at your own pace, this company’s giving you a year to jump around on this mattress and make sure it’s your perfect fit. If it’s not, send it back, and they’ll issue a refund.
Possible DreamCloud Considerations:
- Stomach Support – The DreamCloud Premier mattress sits at a true medium firmness and has a cozy sink and enveloping hug. However, this mix may not be the perfect recipe for stomach sleepers, especially those heavier than average who need extra support in this position. The brand also makes an all-foam bed that may bed a better fit.
- Mobility Concerns – That cushy sink-into-sleep feeling of a EuroTop and memory foam does wonders for pressure relief, but if you’re someone who struggles to move around on your bed, you might want a brand with a more subtle cradle.
- Higher Price Point – Dreamcloud Premier is a hybrid mattress. Hybrid beds are appealing because they offer the benefits of both foam and coils, but they can be more expensive than all-foam beds, which may be a disadvantage for consumers on a tight budget. Dreamcloud Premier is also more costly because it’s an upgrade to the standard DreamCloud model.
The company says there is no official weight limit for the DreamCloud Premier. However, that being said, it doesn’t necessarily mean that this mattress will properly accommodate all sleepers.
The DreamCloud is in the medium firmness range. A medium-firm bed will usually work well for most folks who weigh average and some lightweight individuals who are regular stomach sleepers. However, folks with significant weight considerations tend to be a good match for firmer mattresses.
A firmer bed helps prevent the sleeper from sinking too deeply through the layers, which can cause their spine to rest in a poor alignment. Therefore, heavier individuals need a mattress that is going to give them the support they need. Even though there’s no official weight limit, we would suggest that sleepers weighing over 200 pounds should look into a firmer mattress or a brand that specifically makes beds for those who carry more weight.
Awards for DreamCloud Premier Mattress
Construction: What’s Inside the DreamCloud Premier?
The DreamCloud Premier, which ships vacuum-sealed in a box, is a hybrid mattress mixing springs with foams to offer a blend of comfort and support. The mattress works with all bed foundations, including adjustable bases. However, make sure to place it on a firm, solid base.
The cover is a Cashmere blend quilted to two layers of foam to create the bed’s EuroTop. The top foam layer is memory foam, which allows the mattress to contour to your frame. This bed has five layers total, two of which are built into the cashmere cover, and it stands 14 inches tall.
- Luxury Cashmere-Blend Cover iis the first thing you see and feel when you unpack the DreamCloud Premier.
- Next comes the Euro Top Cradle Layer made of an inch of high-loft memory foam for gentle cradling.
- Euro Top Support Layer is an inch of soft foam. It supports the upper layers while giving them extra plushiness.
- Below the EuroTop is 2.5 inches of soft conventional foam. This comfort layer helps provide a cushion for your body to relieve sensitive pressure points. The supportive foam is thoughtfully placed to ensure other layers perform better. In addition, the gel infusion prevents the material from overheating.
- The support layer is built with 1 inch of standard conventional foam and is also considered the base foam layer. The base works with the coil layer to significantly reduce motion transfer.
- The coil unit is 8.5 inches thick. The unit contains both inner and perimeter coils for optimum edge support on all sides. In addition, the coils should help promote additional airflow throughout the bed to help you stay cool while also limiting motion transfer and making sure you’re well-supported.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Unboxing is simple, and there are handles placed on the sides to help you move the mattress into place. Because it’s compressed and shipped in a box, it can take 24-72 hours to expand to its full 14-inch height. There is some manufacturing smell to the mattress, but this should dissipate by the time the mattress decompresses.
During our mattress testing, while laying down, it feels plush and soft, and the cover feels well-made and durable. The EuroTop hugs the body as the memory foam layer conforms to your curves, giving you a more “in-the-bed” feel.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
Our bodies are built with curves and not straight lines, and this means that our weight will often exert pressure on certain parts of our body (especially the hips and shoulders) when lying down. For this reason, it’s important to choose a bed that’s designed to give you the comfort you need to rest well.
The DreamCloud brand addresses this concern by using a combination of soft comfort foams, conforming memory materials, and transitional support to ensure that the body’s shape is accommodated and curves are supported. Your body should also feel suspended in this high-quality mattress as it evenly cradles common pressure points and wipes away any strain you may feel.
Additionally, the bed’s cover, which includes a luxurious Cashmere blend and 2-inch thick EuroTop, should be extra plush. During our mattress testing, we found that added comfort is particularly beneficial for side sleepers who tend to prefer more softness.
One of the best ways to help ward off chronic back or neck pain is to make sure your spine is in good alignment while you rest, and a supportive bed should help keep your spine in check.
The DreamCloud Premier mattress starts its support system with the base foam layer, which is helpful for heavier sleepers who can sometimes bottom out through pillowy tops onto the firmer support system. Then, beneath the transitional foam layer, there’s an 8.5-inch unit of individually wrapped coils that compress under the sleeper's weight and should offer more tailored support and even alignment for most sleepers.
The bed is not a good match for most stomach sleepers who need extra support in the hip area. The reason for this is that many stomach sleepers prefer firmer beds and may find their hips and midsection sink more in this model.
The mattress is compressed in the factory, wrapped in plastic, and rolled into a bag for low-fuss delivery. Once it arrives, you should move it to your bedroom while it’s still in the box. Then, unpack it in the desired room and let it decompress for a day or two.
Great Motion Isolation
There are 5.5 inches of foam about the coil unit in the DreamCloud Premier mattress, including 2.5 inches of gel memory foam. We found that the foam can muffle most ordinary movements of partners getting in and out of bed or the restless tossing and turning of pets or children. The isolated coils also cut down on the transfer of vibrations, so this high-quality hybrid mattress should work well for those who wake up easily.
The top two layers of foam in this bed are quilted to the Cashmere blend cover, creating its EuroTop finish (a type of pillow top), which gives the surface a pillowy, cloud-like look and feel. EuroTop is an excellent option for side sleepers seeking pressure relief and body-hugging.
Memory foam can have the reputation of sleeping hot because of how close it conforms to the body and how little air flows through it. Therefore, this brand infused its memory foam with gel, which should help conduct the heat away from your body, so you don’t become uncomfortable during the night.
Ease of Movement
The DreamCloud Premier should be easy to move around on although some sleepers may sink in deeper than others. While the DreamCloud Premier has coils, this model isn’t as firm, which means you may sink more into the memory foam comfort layers, making it harder to move around if you have mobility issues. DreamCloud Premier should be easy to move around on for most people, but those with mobility issues may want a more responsive mattress.
Reinforced Edge Support
Coils around the edge of the mattress are designed with a thicker gauge wire so that the edges should retain their shape. Couples often appreciate firmer edges because it increases the bed’s usable surface space. Edge support is also beneficial to single individuals who like to spread out across the entire bed.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This bed is compatible with all foundations, including adjustable bases.
This bed is CertiPUR-US certified. This certification indicates that the foams have undergone testing that looks for unsafe levels of VOCs and other harsh chemicals that have historically been part of the manufacturing process of polyurethane foams.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - This company ships for free within the United States, though there is a small fee for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping to international countries or U.S. territories is not available at this time.
- White-Glove Delivery - Should you choose, the company offers an optional delivery service that will bring the bed into your home and set it up for you. This service is available for an additional charge of $149.
- Trial - DreamCloud offers one of the longest sleep trial periods in the business. You can try the brand for free in your home for a full year before deciding to commit to the bed.
- Warranty - This brand is covered by a Lifetime warranty, which is only available to the bed’s original purchaser.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||$1,398|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14”||$1,598|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,898|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,998|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$2,298|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$2,298|
The DreamCloud Premier vs. Casper Nova
When picking out a new mattress for your bed, it's a huge help to know how the bed compares to other popular brands. To help you out, we'll compare the DreamCloud Premier to a similar model from a competitor, the Casper Nova.
Both of these beds are hybrids that combine foam and coil layers. The Casper Nova is slightly smaller than the DreamCloud, standing at 12 inches tall compared to DreamCloud’s 14-inch height. Price is a major factor, and DreamCloud has a leg up here, as it is slightly cheaper than its competitor.
Each of these beds is rated a Medium for firmness, so they shouldn’t be much different in that respect. The Casper is rated better for bounce, but overall these beds stack up similarly to most preference-based features like cooling, motion isolation, and edge support. However, DreamCloud has an advantage with its luxurious EuroTop cover.
The DreamCloud Premier also outweighs its competitor when it comes to important consumer offers. For example, DreamCloud offers an impressive 365-day trial period along with a generous Lifetime Warranty. Conversely, Casper Nova provides customers with a 100-night trial run and a 10-year warranty.
Full Comparison Here: DreamCloud Premier vs. Casper Nova
The 2022 update delivers a “Premier” DreamCloud mattress that offers a great mix of soft pressure relief and support, all wrapped up in a convenient box you can easily deliver into your bedroom.
As the Eurotop hugs your shape, the gel memory foam should conform to your curves to wipe away pressure from the hips and shoulders. These can be problem areas for side sleepers because all of the sleeper's weight is concentrated on less surface area.
DreamCloud Premier does a solid job of providing pressure relief for side sleepers by including memory foam in all their beds. Memory foam is one of the best materials for pressure relief because of its ability to conform to the sleeper’s body for a highly comfortable feel. In addition, the medium-range firmness of the DreamCloud Premier is also a good fit for side sleepers as it’s not too hard or too soft.
We rated the DreamCloud at a four because significantly heavier sleepers may sink into the bed too much, throwing off their posture. However, those who like to sleep more in the bed should find that this brand can cradle their body evenly, filling in the curve of their lower back while still supporting their spine.
The Premier is good for back sleepers as it offers a mix of soothing pressure relief and sturdy support. The bed combines softer contouring foams with supportive steel coils, making it a satisfactory model for dedicated back sleepers. The medium feel should be a great fit since it’s firm enough to prevent uncomfortable sinkage.
The DreamCloud earns a three in this category because only a limited number of people will likely find this bed comfortable in this position. Specifically, folks who are thicker through the middle may find a bed this soft allows their hips to dip in the prone position. DreamCloud Premier’s steel coil layer should keep lightweight sleepers supported, but those who are average or heavier in size will likely want something firmer. Some stomach sleepers may compensate by using a firm mattress topper to adjust the feel of a DreamCloud Premier bed.
The mattress scored a four because you may find this bed more difficult to navigate if you regularly struggle with mobility. However, this bed did score well for overall responsiveness, a major asset for combination sleeping. The DreamCloud Premier may take a few seconds to respond, but you shouldn’t feel stuck as you might in some traditional memory foam beds.
The DreamCloud earned a four here because there’s not much bounce, which some couples may want. However, the coils beneath should still be conducive to those with active sex lives. The mattress did earn positive marks for its versatility, edge support, and motion isolation, all of which are important to couples. DreamCloud Premier serves a range of sizes and shapes in multiple sleep positions.
We rated it a three here because this bed will likely feel soft if you are heavier than average. The transition foams should relieve pressure, but alignment may be a concern. However, this bed’s generous sleep trial period earned it points. So if you are right on the border weight-wise, you’ll have plenty of time to test this one out.
Those with slimmer builds who want a soft bed typically have to shop within the 3-6 firmness range to find a good mattress that cushions their weight without feeling overly firm. Folks that are lighter should be able to sink through the Eurotop and enjoy the in-the-mattress feeling of this bed while still feeling well supported.
This bed earns an overall four as it will not be a good fit for heavier individuals. However, the 14-inch mattress goes for much less than many in-store ones with a similar build. Coils, reinforced edges, and a Eurotop round out this bed and give it a high-end finish that shouldn’t break your bank.
We feel that folks who need quality pressure relief should invest in this mattress. The multiple foam layers, including a two-layer foam EuroTop, should leave these shoppers satisfied and waking up without aches and pains.
Additionally, after testing, we think that side sleepers and lightweight individuals should be happy with this bed. Though the bed is rated at a medium firmness, lightweight individuals will likely experience solid pressure relief without the bed feeling too hard for them. Side sleepers, whose weight is concentrated in a smaller area, should also enjoy the luxurious EuroTop and comforting foams.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes the DreamCloud so great?
Dreamcloud has worked diligently to provide a high-quality product that offers an array of features while keeping prices low so that everyone can enjoy a quality night of sleep. As a result, the company offers a product that provides quality motion isolation, temperature control, and pressure relief at an affordable price point and financing options. Plus, Dreamcloud offers a lifetime warranty and a 365-nigth trial for you to test the mattress before committing.
Can I finance the DreamCloud ?
Yes, you can finance this product. Dreamcloud has teamed up with Affirm and Splitit, two payment solutions companies, to provide buyers financing options. Mattresses are significant purchases, and spending the money on one all at once can be straining; these services could allow you to apply for financing to alleviate that burden.
Is the DreamCloud Premier good for hot sleepers?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress uses gel-infused memory foam and a coil unit to promote airflow. This technology fosters heat diffusion keeping even the warmest sleepers cool throughout the night. While traditional memory foam might feel nice, it could have you waking up in a hot sweat. Instead, the DreamCloud Premier mattress should have you dozing through the whole night comfortably. Gel infusions actively cool the foam so that it doesn’t overheat even during the hottest nights.
What is the DreamCloud Premier made of?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress is made up of five layers of various materials to provide maximum comfort. It includes gel-infused memory foam to protect from overheating, pocketed coils, and a plush euro top for comfort with a cashmere polyester cover. They’re confident their product will have you sleeping like a baby.
Can you try the DreamCloud risk-free?
Dreamcloud is so confident in what they offer that they let buyers try their product for a full year before deciding whether to keep the mattress. Then, if you’re not fully satisfied for whatever reason, shipping and returns are completely free, letting buyers test and trial the product without stress or worry.