Are you in the market for a luxury hybrid bed without thousands of dollars to spend on a new mattress? How would you like to sleep on a cloud without breaking your bank?
DreamCloud has a new luxury option that offers a full 15-inch height with eight specially designed layers to deliver the best of both worlds of foam and innerspring mattresses. Dreamcloud is so sure you’ll love it that they are backing their claims with a 365-night, risk-free sleep trial, and a lifetime warranty.
Our in-depth review of DreamCloud uses our scoring system to examine what’s to love and what’s to consider before choosing this bed, ensuring it’s the best quality and value for your budget and individual sleep needs.
Keep reading for specific details or skip here for our score and overall summary.
You will love DreamCloud if you:
- Are a combination sleeper – This hybrid’s quick responsiveness allows you to change positions with ease and offers enough pressure relief and support for side and back sleepers with the firmness necessary for stomach sleepers.
- Are in the market for luxury – This bed offers many higher-end features, including a cashmere cover, tufted design, and five-zoned compression system made of a patent-pending pocketed coil technology.
- Are looking for a low-risk investment – It comes with a 365-day risk-free trial, giving you a full year to decide if this mattress works best for your sleep needs. This offer is paired with the company’s proprietary Everlong Warranty, guaranteeing the mattress for long as you own the bed.
You might not like DreamCloud if you:
- Plan to use a standard-size bed frame – There is a lot of luxury packed into its 15-inch height, but it is significantly higher than an average bed and may be too tall for some frames or headboards without additional accommodations.
- Prefer a removable cover – Though the tufted-cashmere cover works extremely well to hold layers in place over the long-term without bunching, the cover is not removable for cleaning. To address this, the company offers one-time complimentary cleaning after the first year of ownership and offers later options for a “like new” refurb after five years – making the company one of the only manufacturers in the industry to offer this service.
Want to view more options? This page showcases all of our mattress reviews.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This hybrid foam, latex, and innerspring mattress is delivered in a large duffel bag to keep the outside clean during transport to your door, and the bag’s handles make it easier to carry through your home. This bed-in-a-box (or bag!) model also includes handles on both sides of the mattress for easy placement, though there is an optional White Glove Delivery service available, if you prefer.
An above-average 15-inch height works best with basic frames, box springs, or flat on the floor. The cashmere cover offers a breathable surface and a luxurious finish that provides a natural resistance to bed bugs. The bed’s tufted construction, which compresses the entire depth of the mattress, ensures long-term durability without adhesives that can break down over time.
- The first layer of memory foam is infused with gel to counteract heat retention common with this material.
- The second layer is quilted memory foam for added softness, giving it a cloud-like appearance and feel.
- The third layer is made from natural latex, which helps give it a bit of bounce. The latex paired with the coil system makes it easier for sleepers to change positions throughout the night.
- The fourth layer is a higher density memory foam for added support and contouring.
- The fifth layer is the bed’s highest density memory foam designed to support a neutral spine alignment for all sleep positions and serve as a transition between foam and coil.
- The sixth layer is a five-zoned system of patent-pending “pocketed” steel micro-coil technology that offers high-end specialized support and limited motion transfer with a more traditional innerspring feel. A spring construction also increases airflow, making for a cooler mattress.
- The base layer is another layer of high-density memory foam to complete a foundation of support for all sleeping preferences.
The entire perimeter is encased in dense foam for added edge support.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate this bed on the firmer side of average with a 6 score on a 10-point scale, with 10 being the firmest. Although the soft cashmere cover and layers of memory foam provide a soft cradling feel, the hybrid’s softness is complemented by the firmer support of its innerspring design.
The mattress recovers its shape quickly with movement and provides an average bounce, which makes it a good choice for combination sleepers who tend to change positions in the night. Couples with different sleep position preferences will appreciate the versatility of its features.
Stomach sleepers will enjoy the cradling experience of the memory foam, while the latex and innersprings work to keep their spine in a neutral alignment.
Back sleepers will appreciate the firm support of the latex and innerspring technology while experiencing pressure relief in their lumbar spine from the layers of foam.
Side sleepers will likewise benefit from the foam’s pressure relief in their hips, knees, and shoulders.
While an especially lighter person may find this mattress is a bit too firm for their liking, heavier persons should find that the technology does a good job of accommodating their weight and supporting a neutral spine position.
This design reduces a lot of motion transfer associated with traditional innerspring mattresses without sacrificing the quick responsiveness that allows ease of movement for combination sleepers. The coils are individually wrapped and compress independent of one another, a feature that helps to isolate motion.
Memory foam layers above the coils also help to buffer any transfer of movement so those sleeping with partners should rest largely undisturbed by their partner’s changes in position.
For a bed-in-a-box model, this mattress performs beyond expectations for edge support, due in large part to the layer of foam around the edge and strong steel coils. These features give more support along the edges of the bed than is often associated with memory foam-only constructions or cheaper spring designs.
We noticed some compression within the first three layers when sitting on the side, but the coils and latex reinforced the weight well. There are no noticeable sacrifices of comfort when lying on the edge of the bed, where other bed-in-the-box designs sometimes do not perform as well.
- 365-Night Trial Period – This bed comes with one of the industry’s longest sleep trial periods, giving buyers a full year to decide whether to keep it or return it for a full refund.
- Everlong Warranty – It also comes with a lifetime warranty covering all manufacturing defects for as long as the buyer owns the mattress.
- USA Shipping – Free shipping is offered for both delivery and returns within the continental United States, with a small additional fee for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii. International shipping is not available at this time.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – Professional installation is available in most locations throughout the US, and the company is looking to expand its availability.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This certification is issued by a non-profit organization and signifies that the foam used in construction is free from potentially harmful chemicals or metals, including lead, mercury, formaldehyde, or PBDE flame retardants.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 15”||Sold Out|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 15”||Sold Out|
|Full||54” x 75” x 15”||$1,399|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 15”||$1,599|
|King||76” x 80” x 15”||$1,699|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 15”||$1,699|
This luxury hybrid offers a value you probably won’t find in any mattress showroom, especially with a virtually risk-free warranty and 365-night sleep trial.
The DreamCloud bed looks exactly like its name suggests: A cloud.
Careful thought and refinement goes into eight distinct layers in a 15-inch height, which aim to capture all the best features – cooling, support, pressure relief, and quality – of a hybrid bed. With handcrafted tufts and a cashmere finish, this bed is a step up in all things luxurious.
DreamCloud is a relatively new company entering the luxury bed-in-a-box market, using top-of-the-line materials that used to be found only in specialty retail stores and high-end boutiques.
Though it is on the pricier end of the spectrum for online retailers, its price still reflects thousands of dollars in savings compared to in-store brands, with the added convenience of free home delivery and optional White Glove Delivery service.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I’ll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.