DreamCloud sells three hybrid mattresses, but their flagship model stands out as the most versatile and suitable for a range of sleeping positions. The DreamCloud Mattress combines pressure-relieving gel memory foam with innerspring coils for a balance of pressure relief and support.
This 14-inch hybrid features a cashmere top quilted with foam, and its softer construction should appeal to side sleepers and those struggling with pressure build-up. The bed also has a lifetime warranty, a 365-night trial, and free shipping, adding to its overall quality.
In our DreamCloud mattress review, we’ll discuss everything from the bed’s construction to how it feels in different sleeping positions, helping you decide whether this hybrid is the right choice for you.
Watch Our DreamCloud Video Review
Who We Recommend The DreamCloud For:
- Hot sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress offers plenty of cooling thanks to gel-infused memory foam. The gel helps prevent the memory foam from overheating, which is a common problem with this type of foam. Also, the coils in this mattress provide airflow throughout the center of the bed. The additional airflow should further keep the bed cool.
- Side sleepers – The memory foam in this hybrid helps with pressure relief because it successfully alleviates joint discomfort. People seeking quality pressure relief should find a match in DreamCloud.
- Fans of the hybrid design – All DreamCloud mattresses feature a hybrid design that contains coil units, which are helpful in terms of support and airflow. These coil units are individually-wrapped to help minimize motion transfer across the mattress.
Who We Don’t Recommend The DreamCloud For:
- Stomach sleepers – Those who sleep on their stomach usually need firmer support to ensure they don’t sink too much into the bed, which can throw off the spine alignment and lead to back pain. DreamCloud should accommodate most individuals, but stomach sleepers may prefer a different brand that offers more support in this sleeping position.
- Heavy sleepers– Heavier individuals could find this mattress too soft. As a result, they may not get enough support, especially when sleeping on their stomach and back. Even heavier side sleepers might find the bed lacking the support they need to keep the spine aligned. For this reason, larger sleepers may prefer a firmer bed.
First Impressions: Firmness & Feel
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
Please remember that firmness is a subjective characteristic and your shape will dictate how you experience a bed. A heavier person whose weight can more easily push through softer comfort and support layers may experience a bed as softer than a lightweight person. The way you are shaped could also play a role here. Consider your weight, shape, and size when evaluating firmness scores.
This DreamCloud mattress is rated 5.5 out of 10 on our firmness scale, and its softer design should fit side sleepers the most. The bed has a cashmere top that adds plushness you can feel at the very first contact. Once you lie down, you should notice the body-hugging foam that helps prevent pressure from building up in the shoulders, hips, and knees.
The plush top is quilted to a layer of memory foam and followed by another two foam layers. In total, the bed has three foam layers for comfort and easy transitioning to the coil unit underneath.
How Does It Feel?
The DreamCloud has five interior layers and two covers (top and bottom), so it’s easy to understand where all the comfort and contouring come from. The layers work together to cradle the body, relieve pressure, and promote healthy sleep posture.
When you first lie on this hybrid, you’ll notice the plush cashmere top easing you into the foam layers underneath. The bed has a 2-inch transition layer that supports the body and helps prevent you from feeling the coil unit.
What We Like About DreamCloud
- The luxury feel – This hybrid mattress has all you’d expect from a luxury bed. The construction features premium foams, gel infusions, and high-quality innerspring coils with a reinforced perimeter. On top of that, the cashmere top is gentle to the touch, bringing out the best in this luxury mattress.
- Edge support – DreamCloud provides edge support by adding thicker-gauge coils along the perimeter. These thicker coils should ensure the bed doesn’t sink too much along the edges, which is a good thing for couples and single individuals who like to use the entire surface of the bed.
- High-quality foams – This luxury hybrid has multiple foam layers, including memory foam, that provide much-needed cushioning, contouring, and pressure relief, especially for side sleepers. The foams are CertiPUR-US® certified as safe and free of toxins, chemicals, and other harmful substances.
Our DreamCloud Complaints
- Higher price – DreamCloud is a hybrid mattress brand, and hybrids typically cost more than all-foam beds, which may be a disadvantage for consumers on a tight budget. DreamCloud may have a higher price point than foam beds, but because the brand sells directly to consumers, they are cheaper than many hybrids sold in stores.
- Harder to move around on – People with mobility issues may feel that DreamCloud is harder to move around on. The memory foam and softer construction are beneficial for pressure relief, but they may cause you to sink in more, making the bed trickier to navigate.
Testing the DreamCloud Mattress: How it Performed
We tested the DreamCloud in different positions, allowing the bed to showcase how it supports the body when you sleep on the back, stomach, and side. This mattress has reinforced edges, so we tested how well they hold up and whether they collapse under the weight. In addition, we tested for motion isolation to ensure the DreamCloud is a good choice for couples and everyone else sharing a bed. Other qualities we look at are cooling and bounce.
Sleeping Positions for Different Body Types
The mattress is designed to support up to 700 pounds, regardless of the size you choose. However, keep in mind that this also includes the weight of the bed. For example, the Queen size weighs around 97 pounds, which means you can add another 600 pounds before meeting the limit.
|Weight||Side Sleepers||Back Sleepers||Stomach Sleepers|
|Lightweight Sleepers (-130 lbs)||★★★||★★☆||★★☆|
|Average-Weight Sleepers (130-230 lbs)||★★★||★★☆||☆☆☆|
|Heavy Weight Sleepers (+230 lbs)||★☆☆||☆☆☆||☆☆☆|
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight sleepers who prefer sleeping on their side should like how the bed relieves pressure in this position. The mattress cradles your body and prevents pressure from forming in the hips and shoulder area.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight side sleepers should feel the same level of comfort as lightweight people. Although the mattress may feel a bit firmer for average-weight folks, they should still get sufficient pressure relief when on their side.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavy sleepers who prefer a softer bed may like DreamCloud’s soft construction but would likely benefit more from a firmer mattress that can keep their body better aligned.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight back sleepers should like the support level coming from the innerspring unit underneath the memory foam layers. The foams provide pressure relief and cradling, giving lightweight sleepers the best of both worlds.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight people who prefer a softer bed may like how DreamCloud eases the sleeper into its plush construction. The mattress supports the lower back to prevent back pain in this sleep position but still may be a bit too soft for some. In this case, you might consider pairing this bed with a firm mattress topper to balance things out.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavyweight back sleepers are unlikely to get the support they need from this DreamCloud hybrid mattress. The bed has a strong coil unit, but its foam layers are too soft to support heavier individuals sleeping on their backs.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight stomach sleepers should get sufficient support from DreamCloud. Although softer beds are usually not the best for stomach sleepers, lightweight folks are unlikely to sink too deeply.
- Average-Weight Sleepers – Average-weight stomach sleepers will likely sink too much into the construction, which throws the spine out of alignment. DreamCloud doesn’t have the right firmness to support average-weight folks sleeping in this position.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavyweight stomach sleepers need the most support to prevent the hips from sinking in, which is why they will probably find this DreamCloud uncomfortable. This hybrid is too soft to support larger frames, especially those who sleep on their stomach.
Pressure Relief & Pain
This DreamCloud mattress does a good job of providing pressure relief through memory foam. Memory foam is one of the best materials for this because of its ability to conform to the sleeper’s body for a comfortable feel. DreamCloud’s use of memory foam in their mattresses should alleviate problematic pressure points.
The bed helps ease pain resulting from pressure build-up by preventing any further pressure from forming in the back, hips, and shoulders. However, its performance depends on your preferred sleeping position and body weight.
Back Pain – DreamCloud helps alleviate back pain by contouring the body without taking away from the support. The bed has contouring foam layers that should help prevent pressure build-up and lower back pain, while the coil unit supports the body and keeps the spine in a healthy posture.
Hip Pain – People with hip pain will likely benefit from a bed that can keep their body aligned while providing a cushion to alleviate pressure on the hips. DreamCloud should provide this through its supportive coil unit and softer foams. That being said, you should also make sure it's the right mattress for your sleep position and body type, as these are equally important for navigating pain.
Shoulder Pain – Your shoulders are among the most sensitive pressure points that need cradling to prevent you from waking up in pain. The soft construction of this DreamCloud mattress should help avoid shoulder pain by cushioning the shoulders and other nearby pressure points.
DreamCloud has a 7-layer construction with a 5.5 firmness level that should fit side sleepers the most, although some back sleepers may also like how it feels. The bed has an 8.5-inch coil unit sitting underneath three foam layers, all of which support the body in proper alignment. The coils are individually wrapped, which allows them to move individually, helping with zoned support in the areas you need it the most.
The idea behind the design is to allow the bed to adapt to your curves and movements. However, the level of support you can get from this DreamCloud depends on your weight and preferred sleeping position.
Motion transfer can be a problem for couples and everyone else sharing a bed, especially if the other person’s sleeping habits are different than yours. Luckily, the DreamCloud bed has multiple foam layers on top of the coil unit, helping to absorb the movement, so you don’t feel as much of your partner’s tossing and turning.
The coils are also individually wrapped to further enhance motion isolation. However, this is a softer bed, so some motion transfer is expected and normal for this firmness level.
Temperature Regulation / Cooling
The third layer in this mattress is made from gel-infused memory foam designed to prevent heat from building up in the foam. This way, the surface should remain cool and comfortable for those who usually sleep hot. In addition, the coil unit promotes airflow, which helps the rest of the bed stay cool even with its many foam layers.
Performance for Couples
Couples should like the motion isolation and edge support this DreamCloud provides. Although moving on the mattress may be a bit tricky, most couples should find it comfortable enough if they sleep on their side and back. However, two things to remember are the weight limit and the softer construction that doesn’t fit stomach sleepers.
Although this bed has a few foam layers, it’s unlikely to overheat as it has gel infusions and a coil unit that promotes breathability. This mattress is a good option for hot sleepers and those sleeping in a warmer climate.
This hybrid has a cashmere blend cover stitched with a luxurious cloud pattern that adds to its overall high-end look. The cover is quilted to a 1.5-inch of contouring foam for added plushness and comfort in the first layers.
Exceptional Edge Support
The perimeter of the DreamCloud has thicker-gauge coils for added support around the edges. This level of edge support allows couples and single individuals to spread across the entire surface of the bed.
All foams in this hybrid mattress have a CertiPUR-US® certification, meaning that they’re free of toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, and other harmful substances.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This DreamCloud mattress is adjustable base compatible, but the company suggests you pair it with their DreamCloud Adjustable Bed Frame for best performance.
Construction: What’s Inside DreamCloud?
This 14-inch mattress features a luxurious cover and layers that promote comfort, cooling, and breathability. The cover has durable stitching and a cloud pattern that adds to its overall high-quality-looking design.
- Below the cover is a 1.5-inch layer of soft foam stitched into the cover. This makes the mattress plush right at the start of the construction.
- Going deeper, the second layer is an inch of memory foam with gel infusions that help cool the entire mattress. This layer contours the curves and provides pressure relief for the hips, shoulders, and neck.
- Next is the dynamic transition layer made from 2 inches of standard foam. This foam helps ease the transition to the coil unit underneath, serving as the first support layer under the softer foams.
- The main support layer is made from 8.5-inch steel coils that are individually wrapped for better motion isolation. The coils support the body in different positions while also promoting airflow for a cooler sleep environment.
- Next is the stability layer made from an inch of standard foam, acting as the main support for all the layers above.
- The base is a shift-resistant lower cover that helps prevent the bed from sliding on the foundation. The cover has four handles to help you move the mattress around.
This hybrid is tall and well-made, so it should look good on nearly all bed foundations. In addition, its construction works on adjustable bases.
Unboxing & Off-Gassing
The DreamCloud is compressed, rolled, and packed into a box for easy shipping and handling. This type of packing makes it easier to carry it from your doorstep to your bedroom since it’s not as bulky. However, DreamCloud is 14 inches tall, and larger sizes can be a bit too heavy to move around without someone helping you.
When it comes to off-gassing, it’s important to allow your mattress time to vent in a well-ventilated room. The mattress takes about 72 hours to decompress, and the new mattress smell should be gone by then as well. Off-gassing is common in bed-in-a-box mattresses, and DreamCloud is no exception.
Eco-Friendly Certifications – The foams in this mattress are CertiPUR-US® certified, which means they’re free of chemicals, toxins, heavy metals, and other harmful substances that could harm humans and the environment in any way.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping – DreamCloud ships their beds for free within the contiguous United States, but there’s an extra fee for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.
- White Glove Delivery – The company offers optional White Glove Delivery, which includes professionals removing your old mattress and installing a new one.
- Trial – The DreamCloud mattress comes with a 365-night trial, allowing customers to test the bed before deciding whether it’s the right option.
- Warranty – The company offers a lifetime warranty on this hybrid, covering defects caused by faulty materials and manufacturing.
- Return Policy – If you didn’t like the mattress during the 365-night trial, you can return it for a full refund.
Sizes & Prices
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||$799|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14”||$999|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$1,499|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$1,499|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need a box spring with the DreamCloud?
This DreamCloud hybrid is compatible with many mattress foundations, so you can choose from more than just a box spring. The bed works with any frame that can support its weight and that of the person using it.
How long will the DreamCloud last?
The DreamCloud should last 7 to 10 years, but this depends on how you use it. The mattress is designed to withstand heavy-duty use, but jumping and doing anything you’re not supposed to do will speed up its wear and tear.
Does the DreamCloud come with a warranty?
The company includes a lifetime warranty with this hybrid mattress, which means they’ll replace it if any damage occurs due to normal wear and tear at any point during your ownership.
Does the DreamCloud come with a trial period?
The trial period on this DreamCloud mattress is 365 nights, giving you plenty of time to decide if you want to commit to this bed. If not, you can return it for a full refund at any point before the 365-night trial is over.
Do DreamCloud mattresses get hot?
DreamCloud mattresses are designed to stay cool thanks to their gel infusions and breathable constructions. The hybrids have coils that help promote airflow and breathability so that the foam layers don’t overheat. In addition, the gel in the memory foam keeps the surface cool by preventing heat build-up in the memory foam.
DreamCloud vs Other Brands
DreamCloud vs WinkBeds
- Cooling gel memory foam
- Luxurious hybrid design
- 365-night trial period
- Luxury feel
- Multiple firmness levels
- 120-night trial
Who We Recommend DreamCloud for
- Side sleepers
- Hot sleepers
- Lightweight and average-weight people
Who We Recommend WinkBed For
- Stomach sleepers
- Heavy folks
DreamCloud vs Helix
- Luxurious plush cover
- Individually-wrapped coils
- Lifetime warranty
- Optional GlacioTex Cover
- Affordable Luxury
- Soft to the touch
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud For
- Luxury shoppers
- People looking for a taller bed
Who We Recommend the Helix Midnight For
- Side and back sleepers
- Budget shoppers
- Hot sleepers
DreamCloud vs Other DreamCloud Models
DreamCloud vs DreamCloud Premier
- Soft construction
- Reinforced perimeter
- Cooling memory foam
- Cashmere blend Eurotop
- More affordable price
- 14-inch construction
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud For
- Hot sleepers
- Side sleepers
- Lightweight people
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier For
- Budget shoppers
- Those with back pain
- Side and Back sleepers
DreamCloud vs DreamCloud Premier Rest
- Soft cradling
- Breathable and cooling
- 7-layer construction
- 8-layer construction
- Deluxe pillowtop
- 16-inch profile
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud For
- Folks who sweat while sleeping
- Lightweight and average-weight side sleepers
- People interested in a lower price
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier Rest For
- Luxury shoppers
People with back pain
DreamCloud is a luxury mattress made from a combination of foams and coils. The 14-inch construction should provide the right level of support and pressure relief to fit lightweight and average-weight side and back sleepers.
Side sleepers usually look for a softer bed that allows more cradling than most mattresses with mid-range firmness. This DreamCloud is rated 5.5 out of 10 on our firmness scale, making it a great option for those who prefer sleeping on their side.
Back sleepers typically need a firmer bed that provides better support, especially in the lower back area. However, this bed’s support level varies depending on your weight, so some lighter to average back sleepers may still find it comfortable.
The DreamCloud mattress is too soft for the majority of stomach sleepers. Most people would sink too deeply into the first few layers when in this position. As a result, the spine would be out of alignment, which can result in waking up with back pain.
Combination sleepers who usually sleep on their back and side may find this bed comfortable. The softer construction works well for these positions (for lightweight and average-weight people) but can be too soft if you decide to move onto your stomach. Repositioning may also be a struggle due to the softer design.
Partners who sleep on their side and back should like DreamCloud’s soft construction. In addition, the bed has coils that add a bit of bounce, which is important for some couples. The coils are individually wrapped to improve motion isolation so that you don’t feel your partner tossing and turning.
This bed isn’t the best choice for heavy sleepers as it’s soft and may allow too much sinkage. Folks weighing above 230 pounds will likely feel their hips sinking too deeply into the foam layers. This position throws the spine out of alignment and can result in pain.
The bed’s soft construction is a treat for lightweight sleepers as it cushions the body in all sleeping positions. The bed is comfortable for most side and back sleepers weighing less than average but may also work for some lightweight stomach sleepers.
This DreamCloud should fit average-weight people, depending on the sleeping position they prefer. Those who enjoy side and back sleeping should like this hybrid, while those who prefer sleeping on their stomach may find it too soft.
DreamCloud makes luxury mattresses and their flagship model is designed to deliver nothing less than excellent pressure relief and comfort in various sleeping positions. The durability of this bed makes it stand out along with its lifetime warranty and a 365-night trial.
After testing DreamCloud, we think it could be a good match for side and back sleepers who are light to average in weight. The mattress packs a lot of value as it’s designed to fit hot sleepers and couples, thanks to its gel infusions and excellent motion isolation.
Although this isn’t the most affordable bed, its price is still lower than most mattresses of this quality. This makes it one of the most affordable luxury mattresses when compared to other DreamCloud models and competitor brands.
Overall, this hybrid is worth the hype as it’s designed to last a long time delivering consistent quality, comfort, and durability.