DreamCloud’s mission is to offer a luxury bed and an affordable price, available by accessible means. DreamCloud launched one of the very first bed-in-a-box options, and it’s equipped with notable selling points.
The company made some updates this year, and their memory-foam hybrid mattress currently stands 15 inches tall and has 6 layers inside. In our DreamCloud Premier mattress review, we’ll be discussing items like the bed’s edge support, how well it isolates motion, and how it relieves pressure.
In a hurry? Go ahead and jump to the end to see how we scored the beds in different categories depending on what kind of sleeper you are. If you want to know the recipe in this super tall mattress, read on!
Who Do We Think Matches With DreamCloud Premier?
- In-The-Bed Sleepers – If you like to nestle into your bed and feel that great pressure relief that comes from a memory foam hug, this may be the right choice.
- Value Seekers – You want to treat yourself and invest in a great bed, but you don’t want to break your budget. This brand offers a lot of mattress for your dollar, and we think that it represents a pretty great value. And if you want to spend even less, the brand offers its standard DreamCloud mattress at a lower price point with slightly less luxurious features.
- People Who Take Forever to Decide – If you’re the type of person who likes to test things out at your own pace, this company’s giving you a year to jump around on this mattress and make sure it’s your perfect fit. If it’s not, send it back and they’ll issue a refund.
Possible DreamCloud Complaints:
- Stomach Sleep Support – DreamCloud mattress sits at a true medium and has a cozy sink and enveloping hug. This may not be the perfect recipe for stomach sleepers, especially those who are heavier than average and need extra support in this position.
- Mobility Concerns – That cushy sink-into-sleep feeling of a EuroTop and memory foam does wonders for pressure relief, but if you’re someone who struggles to move around on your bed, you might want a brand with a gentler cradle.
Awards for DreamCloud Premier Mattress
Construction: What’s In It?
Dreamcloud Premier, which ships vacuum-sealed in a box, is a hybrid mattress mixing springs with foams to offer a blend of comfort and support. It works on most bases boxsprings you might have in your house, including adjustable frames.
The cover is a CASHEX Cashmere blend that is quilted to 1.5 inches of foam to give the bed its TRUELOFT EuroTop. In total, this brand has 6 layers, two of which are built into the cover. In total, it stands 15 inches tall.
- The third layer following the two layers in the EuroTop is made from a gel-swirl memory foam that’s built to conform to your body and offer relief to pressure points while remaining cool by letting the heat dissipate through the gel.
- The fourth layer is 2.5 inches of foam that acts as a transitional layer of firmer support that helps ease the body into the supportive coils beneath.
- The fifth layer is made out of 8 inches of pocketed coils that are reinforced around the edges to strengthen the perimeter and offer more space.
- The sixth layer is another 1.5-inch layer of foam that cushions the coils and forms the foundation of the mattress.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Unboxing is really simple, and there are handles placed on the side to help you move it into place. And that’s a good thing because it’s a large mattress with an impressive silhouette. Be aware when choosing fittings or box springs for this mattress that you take into account its impressive height.
Straight out of the box, the bed takes some time to fully expand into its full 15-inch height. There is some manufacturing smell to the mattress, but this should dissipate if you let it air out before putting your sheets and bedding onto it.
Laying down on it, it should feel very plush and soft, and the cover feels well-made and durable. DreamCloud’s EuroTop hugs the body as the memory foam layer conforms to your curves, giving you a more “in-the-bed” feel that works to keep your body straight with the coils.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
Our bodies are built with curves and not straight lines, and this means that our weight will often exert pressure on parts of our body in areas (especially hips and shoulders) when lying down. This brand addresses this concern using a combination of soft comfort foams, conforming memory materials, and transitional support to ensure that the body’s shape is accommodated and curves are supported. Your body should feel suspended in this high quality mattress as it evenly cradles common pressure points and wipes away strain.
DreamCloud Premier mattress starts their support system with foam, which is helpful for heavier sleepers who can sometimes bottom out through pillowy tops onto the firmer support system. Beneath the transitional layer, there’s an 8-inch unit of pocketed coils that compress individually under the sleeper's weight and should offer more tailored support and even alignment for most sleepers.
This brand is compressed in the factory, wrapped in plastic and rolled into a bag for low-fuss delivery.
The top two layers of foam in this bed are quilted to the durable top, creating its TRUELOFT EuroTop finish (a type of pillow top), which gives the surface a pillowy, cloud-like look and feel.
Gel-Foam for Cooling
Memory foam can have the reputation of sleeping hot because of how close it conforms to the body and how little air tends to flow through it. This brand has infused their visco-elastic materials with gel which helps conduct the heat away from your body so it shouldn’t build up and become uncomfortable beneath your shape.
Coils around the edge of Dreamcloud mattress are designed with a thicker gauge wire so that the edges should retain their shape, even for sleepers who like to hug the edge of the mattress. Couples looking to share often appreciate firmer edges because it increases the bed’s usable surface space.
Great Motion Isolation
There are 5.5 inches of foam in the top of Dreamcloud mattress, including 1.5 inches of gel memory foam. This should work well to muffle most ordinary movements of partners getting in and out of bed or the restless tossing and turning of pets or children. The isolated coils also cut down on the transfer of vibrations, so this high quality luxury hybrid mattress should work well for those who wake-up easily.
This certification indicates that the foams have undergone testing that looks for unsafe levels of VOCs and other harsh chemicals that have historically been part of the manufacturing process of polyurethane foams.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - This company ships for free within the United States, though there is a small fee assessed for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. International shipping is not available at this time.
- White-Glove Delivery - Should you choose, the company offers an optional delivery service that will bring the bed into your home and set it up for you. This service is available in many locations, and the company is looking to expand its availability.
- Trial - DreamCloud offers one of the longest sleep trial period in the business. You can try the brand for free in your home for a full year, and if you don’t love it, the company will arrange a refund and for the mattress to be donated to a local charity.
- Warranty - This brand is covered by a Lifetime warranty, which is only available to the bed’s original purchaser.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 15”||$899|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 15”||$1,099|
|Full||54” x 75” x 15”||$1,299|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 15”||$1,399|
|King||76” x 80” x 15”||$1,599|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 15”||$1,599|
The 2021 update delivers a “Premier” DreamCloud mattress that offers a great mix of soft pressure relief and support all wrapped up in a convenient box you can easily deliver into your bedroom.
This bed really excels in pressure relief due to the pillow top and memory foam layer in this position as the TRUELOFT Eurotop hugs your shape, the lower gel memory foam should conform to your curves so wipe away pressure from hips and shoulders. These can be problem areas for side sleepers because all of the sleeper's weight is concentrated on less surface area, but the combination of foams including a transition layer in Dreamcloud Premier should address these concerns nicely while working to keep the spine aligned.
Back sleepers can be accommodated by a number of different feels in mattresses and mostly it is a matter of taste. Those who like to sleep more in the bed should find that this brand can cradle their body evenly, securing filling in the curve of their lower back, and aligning their spine.
For stomach sleepers, a lot will depend on your weight and where you carry most of it. Those who are thicker through their middles may find that a bed this soft allows their hips to dip slightly in the prone position. Lighter sleepers should sleep comfortably, however, and enjoy the softness of the pillow top.
Those who change position all night (combination sleepers) need to think about versatility and responsiveness in their mattress or how quickly a mattress can regain shape once the pressure is removed. Bounce or the push back against your weight in a bed can also assist with movement. DreamCloud Premier mattress may take a few seconds to respond, but you shouldn’t feel stuck as you might in some traditional memory foam beds, and the coils help out a lot with this. That said, if you regularly struggle with mobility, you may find Dreamcloud Premier mattresses slightly more difficult to navigate.
Beds in this medium-range tend to be quite versatile, and that’s a key attribute for couples looking for space to share. DreamCloud Premier definitely serves a wide range of sizes and shapes in multiple sleep postures, and we’d definitely recommend it as a bed that’s great for couples. There’s not a ton of bounce, especially in the top layer, but the coils beneath are conducive to those with active sex lives.
More average weighted people will likely experience this bed like a true medium, as we have scored it. If you are heavier than average and especially if you weigh over 200 pounds, this bed will likely feel soft. The transition foams should cushion your weight and relieve pressure, however, alignment may be a concern when lying on your stomach. If you are right on the border weight-wise, remember that this company has an extremely generous sleep trial period.
Those with slimmer builds who want a soft bed typically have to shop within 3-6 firmness range to find a good mattress that cushions their weight without feeling overly firm or as if they’re on top of the mattress. Folks that are lighter should be able to sink through the Eurotop and enjoy the in-the-mattress feeling of this bed while still feeling well supported.
This brand packs a lot of value into a small box, and the materials used and especially the height are rare in the bed-in-the-box space. DreamCloud Premier is offering a 15-inch mattress for hundreds if not thousands less than you might find in the retail space for a similar build. Pocketed coils, reinforced edges, and a Eurotop round out this bed and give it a high-end finish that shouldn’t break your bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes the Dreamcloud so great?
Dreamcloud has worked diligently to provide a high quality product that offers an array of features while keeping prices low so that everyone can enjoy a quality night of sleep. The company offers a product that provides quality motion isolation, temperature control, and pressure relief, at an affordable price point and financing options.
Can I finance the Dreamcloud?
Yes you can finance this product. Dreamcloud has teamed up with Affirm and Splitit, two payment solutions companies, to provide buyers financing options. Mattresses are significant purchases, and spending the money on one all at once can be straining; these services could allow you to apply for financing to alleviate that burden.
Is the Dreamcloud Premier good for hot sleepers?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress uses gel-infused memory foam as well as a latex and coil system to promote airflow. This technology fosters heat diffusion keeping even the warmest sleepers cool throughout the night. While traditional memory foam might feel nice, it could have you waking up in a hot sweat— the Dreamcloud Premier mattress should have you dozing through the whole night comfortably.
What is the Dreamcloud Premier made of?
The Dreamcloud Premier mattress is made up of eight layers of various materials to provide maximum comfort. It includes gel-infused memory foam to protect from overheating, natural latex, pocketed coils, and a plush euro top for comfort with a cashmere polyester cover. They’re confident their product will have you sleeping like a baby.
Can you try the Dreamcloud risk-free?
Dreamcloud is so confident in what they offer that they let buyers try their product for a full year before deciding whether to keep the mattress. If you’re not fully satisfied for whatever reason, shipping and returns are completely free, letting buyers test and trial the product without stress or worry.