DreamCloud goes the extra mile in making sleeping a luxurious experience with their top-of-the-range mattress; the most expensive of their three hybrid models. The 16-inch DreamCloud Premier Rest combines a plush pillow top with multiple layers of supportive foam and a pocketed coil layer, designed to offer sleepers pressure relief without compromising on support.
This mattress also comes with some appealing consumer deals, helping you to make a risk-free decision. Could the DreamCloud Premier Rest be the bed of your dreams? Read our in-depth DreamCloud Premier Rest review to see whether it’s the right match for you.
Who We Recommend The DreamCloud Premier Rest For:
- Lightweight sleepers – People who sleep on their backs and weigh under 130 pounds could find the DreamCloud Premier Rest mattress the ideal fit for both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers – Side sleepers of all weight sizes could benefit from the plush cushioning and firm support further below, which should offer plenty of pressure relief while still keeping their body in a neutral and healthy alignment to prevent back pain.
- Couples – As the DreamCloud Premier Rest suits a wide range of weights and sleeping positions, it could be a good choice for couples who have differing wants and needs for a mattress.
Who We Don’t Recommend The DreamCloud Premier Rest For:
- Stomach sleepers – With a softer feel to it, the DreamCloud Premier Rest could leave stomach sleepers in need of better support to keep their midsection level.
- Traditional memory foam lovers – If you love the contouring feel of traditional memory foam, you might not be a fan of the plush, cushioned pillow top on this mattress.
- Budget shoppers – The DreamCloud Premier Rest is at a higher price point than some competitors’ hybrid models, so you may be able to find a similar mattress elsewhere that’s more in line with your budget.
First Impressions: Firmness & Feel
Firmness Scale: 6.5/10
Please remember that firmness is a subjective characteristic and your shape will dictate how you experience a bed. A heavier person whose weight can more easily push through softer comfort and support layers may experience a bed as softer than a lightweight person. The way you are shaped could also play a role here. Consider your weight, shape, and size when evaluating firmness scores.
We rated this mattress 6.5 out of 10 on our firmness rating, where 1 is plush and 10 is firm. At a 6.5, this makes the DreamCloud Premier Rest a medium-firm option that should accommodate many different sleepersl.
The soft pillow top teamed with the firmer foam and coil layers is a good compromise for people who want a mix of both cushioning and responsive support. Lightweight combination sleepers can make the most of this as the mattress is versatile enough to suit all sleeping styles, particularly back sleeping, while allowing them to switch positions effortlessly.
How Does It Feel?
The DreamCloud Premier Rest’s pillow top is plush and cozy, and while it looks like you might sink into it, the supportive firm layers below offer enough support to stop you from sinking too much into the mattress. You should feel cushioned while still being able to move around with ease — a must for sleepers who change positions during the night. Furthermore, the reinforced perimeter means you should be able to sleep or sit on the sides without any hassle.
What We Like About The DreamCloud Premier Rest
- The pillow top – The cashmere-blend pillow top should feel incredibly comfy for most sleepers, offering pressure relief without compromising support.
- The motion isolation – This bed should do a great job at limiting the transfer of motion across the bed, which is fantastic for co-sleepers who are easily disturbed when their partners move around.
- Reinforced edge support – The thicker coils around the edge make the bed suitable for couples who like to spread out or people who need a little extra help getting in and out of bed.
Our DreamCloud Premier Rest Complaints
- Cost – The DreamCloud Premier Rest is designed with top-of-the-range materials, and that’s reflected in the cost, which is not a good news for all of those budget shoppers looking to buy a mattress. However, because DreamCloud sells directly to consumers, it’s likely cheaper than what you’ll find in-store.
- Lack of body contouring – This is, of course, subjective, but the pillow top prevents the memory foam from doing what it does best, which is body contouring.
- Could be too warm for some climates – While the bed has a breathable cover and pocketed coils to increase airflow, it may still be too hot for warmer climates or exceptionally hot sleepers.
Testing the DreamCloud Premier Rest Mattress: How it Performed
We tested this mattress extensively to give you the best idea of whether it could be a good fit for you. Important factors are taken into account, such as motion isolation, cooling properties, support, bounce, pressure relief, and edge support. Additionally, we analyze the bed’s performance in different sleep positions. With this information, we can gauge which sleepers it may be suited for, depending on their body weight and sleeping habits.
Sleeping Positions for Different Body Types
DreamCloud doesn’t specify a maximum weight limit for the Premier Rest, and we found it performed well for light to average-weight sleepers. Heavyweight back and side sleepers should find there’s enough support and pressure relief, but stomach sleepers may require a mattress on the firmer side. Heavyweight couples may also benefit from a firmer mattress or one that’s designed specifically for plus-size sleepers.
|Weight||Side Sleepers||Back Sleepers||Stomach Sleepers
|Lightweight Sleepers (-130 lbs)||★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★||★★☆|
|Average-Weight Sleepers (130-230 lbs)||★ ★ ★||★★☆||★☆☆|
|Heavyweight Sleepers (+230 lbs)||★★☆||★★☆||☆☆☆|
- Lightweight Sleepers – Lightweight side sleepers may feel like they’re sleeping on a cloud, thanks to the soft pillow top which should offer a lot of pressure relief for those weighing under 130 pounds.
- Average Weight Sleepers – This bed offers a good balance of pressure relief and support for average-weight side sleepers, especially around the hip and shoulder areas.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Side sleepers on the heavier side may find this bed feels rather soft thanks to the pillow top, though we don’t think their hips or shoulders will sink so much they’ll dig into the firmer coil layer.
- Lightweight Sleepers – Back sleepers weighing under 130 pounds should find the mattress comfy while still getting lower back support, thanks to the firm coil layer.
- Average Weight Sleepers – Sleeping on your back should be a treat on this mattress, as it provides a good balance of both pressure relief and support.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Heavier back sleepers will likely find this mattress feels softer than their lighter counterparts, but it should still offer enough lower back support.
- Lightweight Sleepers – This should be supportive enough for lighter front sleepers, though there may be a little discomfort if you spend the whole night sleeping on your stomach.
- Average Weight Sleepers – We found this mattress a little too soft for average stomach sleepers, who may find their hips sinking uncomfortably due to the soft pillow top. A firmer mattress is advised.
- Heavyweight Sleepers – Stomach sleepers weighing more than 230 pounds will likely find their hips sinking into the mattress, causing discomfort. We recommend looking into a firmer mattress.
Pressure Relief & Pain
The plush pillow top on this hybrid model offers excellent cushioning for potentially problematic areas like the shoulders, hips, and back. Our tests found that it could be a good match for people who often experience sensitivity in those areas, although this is subjective since those with lower back issues sometimes find more comfort on a firmer bed. There may also be slightly too much pressure for people with sensitive or bony hips when lying on their side on this mattress.
Back Pain – We found this to be a great option for relieving pressure on the back, although this is down to preference; people who find better relief from firmer beds may find this too soft.
Hip Pain – This mattress provides good hip support for most sleepers who lie on their back or side, although people with sensitive hips may experience a little pressure when sleeping on their side.
Shoulder Pain – The DreamCloud Premier Rest features a soft pillow top, which could be the perfect match for those with shoulder issues, as it provides cushioning for sore joints.
This mattress offers superior support, thanks to multiple layers of supportive form and an innerspring layer. Beneath the plush pillow top is a layer of pressure-relieving memory foam, followed by a layer of soft foam, offering light resistance.
The comfort foam layer under this offers further support, and a dynamic transition foam layer prevents you from feeling the springs beneath, while still allowing them to ease your body into alignment. This should work well for most back and side sleepers, although heavier-weight side sleepers may find they need the support of a firmer mattress.
Testing a mattress for motion transfer is important when sharing a bed with a partner or pet, especially if they’re restless or get in and out of bed while you’re sleeping. Minimal motion transfer means that movement is restricted from one part of the bed to another. The combination of a pillow top, foam layers, and individually-wrapped coils on this mattress makes for great motion isolation, so it could be a great choice for co-sleepers.
Temperature Regulation / Cooling
Nothing ruins a good night’s sleep more than waking up in a sweat. If you live in a warm climate or tend to overheat when sharing your bed with a partner, it’s important that you look for a mattress with cooling properties.
The DreamCloud Premier Rest offers decent temperature regulation thanks to its innerspring layer that fosters airflow, along with a breathable cover. Though this bed sleeps fairly cool, people who find themselves easily getting hot at night may find the pillow top a little too warm.
Performance for Couples
This mattress has fantastic motion isolation and suits a wide range of weights and sleeping positions, making it a good mattress choice for many couples. The reinforced perimeter means both partners can spread out on the bed, without feeling like it’s sagging. When it comes to sex, the DreamCloud Premier Rest isn’t incredibly bouncy, but it feels responsive enough to allow you to move around with ease.
The quilted, cashmere-blend pillow top cover on this mattress adds a touch of
luxury and plush cushioning. Supportive layers of foam prevent you from sinking into the firm coil layer, allowing you to make the most of the breathable cover’s pressure relief.
Exceptional Edge Support
Edge support is vital for couples who need to make use of the whole bed, people who have issues getting in and out of bed, and sleepers weighing over 230 pounds who don’t want to feel like they’re slipping off the mattress. This model offers particularly strong edge support, as it features reinforced steel coils around the perimeter for added stability. The sides are strong enough to provide support when sitting on the edge of the bed.
Great Motion Isolation
The pillow top cover, multiple foam layers, and individually-wrapped coils make this bed fantastic at minimizing motion transfer. This is especially important for people who share their bed with a restless partner or pet and don’t want to be disturbed by their movements during the night.
The DreamCloud Premier Rest arrives compressed in a box. As with most bed-in-a-box products, you will experience an unpleasant off-gassing smell once unboxed, which should disappear within a few days. The mattress may be heavier than some of its competitors, ranging from 74 pounds for the Twin to 135 pounds for the Cali King.
All foams used in this mattress have a CertiPUR-US® certification, meaning that they’re
free of harmful substances like Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Adjustable Base Compatible
The DreamCloud Premier Rest is suitable for use with adjustable bases.
Construction: What’s Inside DreamCloud Premier Rest?
The DreamCloud Premier Rest stands an impressive 16 inches tall. The mattress features a breathable, quilted cashmere-blend pillow top cover, which is designed to be plush, yet durable. The pillow top cover is essentially like a soft mattress topper that’s attached to the mattress.
An inch of pressure-relieving memory foam is quilted into the pillow top, offering responsive body contouring and comfort, followed by an inch of plush foam, which gives further contouring support.
- Below the pillow top is an inch of soft foam, offering additional cushioning and relief for your joints.
- The transition layer of the bed is made from 3.5 inches of standard foam. The foam here helps keep your spine aligned while preventing you from feeling the hard coil springs beneath.
- The innerspring coil unit is 8.5 inches tall and features individually wrapped steel coils. Along with ensuring the sleeper remains supported and lifted, these coils promote airflow, and individually wrapping them fosters better motion isolation. The perimeter is made with stronger coils, allowing for better edge support.
- The base layer is made from 1 inch of standard foam, providing stability for the mattress and support for the layers above.
The DreamCloud Premier Rest has a shift-resistant lower cover that is designed to keep everything in place. Four handles are sewn onto the cover, to allow for easy setup.
Unboxing & Off-Gassing
As with most bed-in-a-box models, the DreamCloud Premier Rest has an unpleasant off-gassing smell once unboxed, which is the result of foams being compressed and is harmless. However, the odor is particularly strong on this mattress, so we recommend leaving the bed in a ventilated room for a few days before sleeping on it.
The smell should disappear within 24-72 hours. While the mattress will take up to 72 hours to fully expand, you can use the bed right away if needed.
- Eco-Friendly Certifications – The foams in this bed are CertiPUR-US® certified. CertiPUR-US® is a third-party program that ensures the foams meet rigorous health and safety standards. This means they don’t contain harmful substances like ozone depleters, PBDEs, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates. They should also have low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous United States and costs 150 dollars extra to ship to Alaska and Hawaii.
- White-Glove Delivery – For a fee of 149 dollars, a team of professionals can set up your new mattress and take your old one away. Also, note that an additional state-mandated fee will be added at checkout for orders shipping to California, Rhode Island, or Connecticut, as these states have specific laws regarding recycling.
- Trial – You have 365 nights to decide whether this bed is the right match for you, but you’re encouraged to try it for at least 30 days before making a decision.
- Warranty – A lifetime warranty is included with this product and includes indentations greater than 1.5 inches.
- Return Policy – If you decide to return the mattress, you’ll receive a full refund, and your mattress will be donated to a local organization, at no cost to you, even if you live in Alaska or Hawaii.
Sizes & Prices
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 16”||$1,499|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 16”||$1,699|
|Full||54” x 75” x 16”||$1,899|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 16”||$1,999|
|King||76” x 80” x 16”||$2,299|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 16”||$2,299|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 16”||$2,450|
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you have to wait to sleep on a DreamCloud mattress?
The good news is that although it can take up to 72 hours to fully decompress, you can sleep on it right away. However, bear in mind that the mattress emits a strong off-gassing odor after being unboxed, which can linger for up to 72 hours.
What is the firmness of the DreamCloud Premier Rest?
We’ve rated the firmness of the DreamCloud Premier Rest at a 6.5 out of 10, which we’d describe as a medium-firm feel.
How thick is DreamCloud Premier Rest?
The DreamCloud Premier Rest is 16 inches thick, so it’s best to ensure that your base can accommodate a mattress of this size.
Are DreamCloud mattresses made in China?
DreamCloud products are sourced and manufactured in places like China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mexico, and the United States.
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs Other Brands
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs Nectar Premier Hybrid
- Plush pillow top
- 16-inch profile
- 6.5/10 firmness
- Cooling quilted cover
- 5-6/10 firmness
- 13-inch profile
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier Rest For
- People who prefer a softer mattress
- Side sleepers
Who We Recommend the Nectar Premier Rest For
- Those looking for a more medium-firm feel
- Shoppers with a smaller budget
- Hot sleepers
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs Big Fig
- Motion isolation
- Luxurious feel
- Lifetime warranty
- 120-night trial period
- Designed for plus-size and taller people
- Made in the USA
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier Rest For
- Shoppers who want a longer trial period and warranty
- Lightweight people
- Side sleepers
Who We Recommend the Big Fig For
- Combination sleepers
- Hot sleepers
- Heavyweight couples
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs Other DreamCloud Models
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs DreamCloud
- 8-layer construction
- Deluxe pillow top
- Good balance of bounce and support
- Cooling gel-infused memory foam
- Hybrid design
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier Rest For
- Luxury shoppers
- Those with back pain
- Lighter-weight sleepers
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud For
- Average-weight sleepers
- People who tend to overheat at night
- Budget shoppers
DreamCloud Premier Rest vs DreamCloud Premier
- Luxury construction
- Motion isolation
- Pillow top
- Euro top
- 14-inch profile
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier Rest For
- Light to average-weight sleepers
- People looking for a more supportive mattress
- Side or back sleepers
Who We Recommend the DreamCloud Premier For
- Those looking for luxury at an affordable price
- People seeking a slightly thinner bed
The DreamCloud Premier Rest is a luxurious hybrid option, offering many sleepers the sweet spot between pressure relief and support.
Light to average-weight side sleepers should find this a joy to sleep on, with the plush pillow top offering comfortable pressure relief at the shoulder and hip, while the foam and coil layers below provide support for the spine. It may also suit heavyweight side sleepers over 230 pounds, but the mattress will likely feel much softer to them.
Most back sleepers should find a good balance of lower back pressure relief and support from the DreamCloud Premier Rest mattress. However, some heavier back sleepers may find the mattress too soft, especially if they typically enjoy sleeping on firmer beds.
Front sleepers weighing 130 pounds and above may find this mattress too soft to support their hips while they sleep. It’s important to keep the hips in alignment with the rest of the body, which is why a firmer mattress may be more suitable. However, lighter-weight stomach sleepers should find this offers enough support.
This mattress provides plenty of cushioning, while also allowing ease of movement throughout the night, making it ideal for most combination sleepers. Lightweight combination sleepers will get the most out of this mattress, as it’s ideal for their body weight in any sleeping position.
This mattress suits a wide range of sleepers and offers motion isolation, edge support, and responsiveness, making it a good find for those who share a bed. However, the mattress doesn’t feature as many cooling properties as some of its competitors, so couples who tend to overheat may find this too warm.
While some heavyweight side and back sleepers may feel comfortable on the DreamCloud Premier Rest, this mattress may still be too soft for them. Heavy stomach sleepers above 230 pounds should not get this bed, as they won’t get enough support for their hips and stomach to remain level.
Lighter people should suit this mattress well, as it offers a great balance of comfort and support for their body weight in varying sleeping positions. The only drawback is that lightweight sleepers who stay on their stomach all night may experience a little discomfort.
Average Weight Sleepers
Average-weight sleepers who spend the night on their back or side will likely appreciate the mix of pressure relief and support that this hybrid offers. However, stomach sleepers in this weight range may find unwanted sinkage around the hip area, and in this case, we’d recommend a slightly firmer mattress to keep the hips raised.
The DreamCloud Premier Rest is a luxurious offering from DreamCloud, offering a higher profile than the DreamCloud Premier. However, this bed can be more limiting to do its softer feel compared to other DreamCloud beds. The company offers a great value to customers, though, with a year-long sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
If you’re looking for affordability, this probably isn’t the bed for you, but if luxury is on your list, then the DreamCloud Premier Rest could be right up your alley. This mattress accommodates a wide range of sleepers, though we think it’s best suited for lightweight to average-weight side and back sleepers, who may benefit most from the mix of plush cushioning and firm support. Additionally, the motion isolation and edge support also make the bed a good choice for couples.
If you do choose this bed, you can sleep easy knowing you have a 365-night trial (with free returns and a full refund if you change your mind) and a lifetime warranty.
Lisa is a content writer for Sleep Advisor, which combines two of her greatest passions – writing and sleeping. She can also be found writing about fitness, sustainability and vegan food.
Her life revolves around her two rescue dogs (who she shares her bed with) and if she’s not running around after them, she’s likely doing yoga, buying new plants, or enjoying a sunset rum at the beach.
Writing for Sleep Advisor has made her realise she needs a new mattress, stat.