Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Why count clouds when you can sleep in one?
Puffy promises a sleep experience so comfortable that you’ll feel as though you are sleeping with angels, as their popular commercial suggests. Using proprietary materials with responsive support levels and cooling properties, this bed aims to provide a classic memory foam feel.
Our in-depth overview of the Puffy bed will look at the properties and materials of this mattress. We’ll tell you who we think this product is best suited for and describe the feel and construction of this bed. You’ll also find scores based on Firmness, motion transfer, warranty, and more.
Read through the entire review to learn about all of this bed’s strengths and features. Or skip to the end to see how the Puffy mattress scored and get a quick overview of our impressions of the bed.
You will love the Puffy mattress if you:
- Are a side sleeper – The top layer should allow for a deep hug and comforting pressure relief as the comfort layer contours to the body. This should be ideal for many sleep positions, especially side sleepers who often experience pressure around the shoulders and hips.
- Excellent motion control – The memory materials should dampen energy quickly and efficiently reduce motion transfer. Those with restless partners should find this a benefit to their sleep experience.
- Like a classic memory foam feel – With a deep hug and a comfy sinking experience, this brand should feel like classic memory foam. This should be ideal for those who like to be enveloped by the bed.
You might not like the Puffy mattress if you:
- Struggle with mobility – While most sleepers should feel comfortable and well-supported in most positions, the deep hug may cause some difficulty in repositioning. The company sells various toppers, protectors, and comforters that may help to ease movement for those who tend to struggle.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Puffy is a memory foam bed-in-a-box product. This bed can be used on any flat surface, including adjustable frames or the floor. The company sells proprietary frames, platforms, and adjustable bases through their website.
The polyester cover combines both style and whimsy by featuring a charcoal gray diamond pattern around the edges and a white top with fluffy cloud outlines. You should feel a soft, plush sensation when touching the stretchy and breathable cover. The cover can be removed for easy machine washing.
The mattress is 10 total inches in height.
- The top layer is comprised of 2 inches of Cooling Cloud Foam, a memory material which should compress or pushback depending on position and weight to provide the exact right amount of support and pressure relief where needed. Cooling gel is infused into this layer to prevent overheating.
- The middle layer is a 2-inch Climatecomfort™ Foam. This is a breathable transition foam that touts high pressure relieving capabilities and resistance to temperature fluctuation.
- The base layer contains 6 inches of Firm Core Support Foam. This layer is designed to minimize sinkage and provide stability throughout the entire bed. Individualized support should also be provided through this layer as the foam is designed to react to your body weight and pressure.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We give the Puffy a 5.5 on our Firmness scale which rates comfort levels on a scale of 1-10 using 1 as the softest feel and 10 as the firmest. This places the Puffy bed at a Medium comfort level, which should make it a strong choice for most sleep preferences.
You should notice deep sinkage and a deep hug as you sink into the upper comfort layer. Body-contouring should provide excellent pressure relief and enhanced lumbar support. The foam should feel somewhat airy, and the cooling gel infused within should help prevent overheating.
There is very little bounce in this mattress and the top layer should feel much slower to respond than the bottom layer. This, combined with the deep sinkage, may make some sleepers feel cozily enveloped in the foam.
Some combination sleepers may not like the feeling of being wrapped in the mattress, which could make repositioning a little difficult for those who sometimes struggle to move around Those who enjoy the classic memory foam feel, however, should be satisfied with the deep hug of this bed.
Most back sleepers should enjoy the enhanced lumbar support provided by the deep hug and contouring of the comfort layer. This should allow for a neutral spine and enhanced pressure relief.
Side sleepers should be well-suited by the enhanced pressure relief of the upper layer. This should help to reduce pressure which could build up in the hips and shoulder as these heavier areas of the body press into the mattress.
Some stomach sleepers may wish to seek out a Firmer mattress as this is often a priority for those with this preference. However, most should find themselves well-supported by the Firmer support core beneath the upper layer.
This product has a weight limit of 350 pounds per person, and 700 pounds for the entire bed.
Memory foam products often do well at absorbing vibration to reduce motion transfer. This bed should do an excellent job of reducing sleep disruption due to movement. This should be ideal for co-sleepers or anyone sharing their bed with pets or children.
Many foam beds show compression when lying or sitting along the edge. This mattress performs as expected for an all-foam bed. While edge support may be a big concern for some who share their sleep surface with others, this may not be an important issue for most shoppers.
- Trial Period – Puffy offers a 101-night sleep trial so customers can get a feel for their new bed before fully committing to it.
- Warranty – This item comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free in the continental United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foam inside this mattress is certified to have low levels of harmful chemicals and heavy metals.
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified – The cover of this product has passed safety inspections that look for potentially harmful chemicals, substances, and heavy metals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Charitable Donations – Puffy donates a mattress to a child in need for each 10 social media posts featuring the company’s beds. Returned mattresses will either be donated or recycled.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 10″||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 10″||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$995|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$1,150|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$1,350|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$1,350|
The Puffy should provide a classic memory foam feel and enhanced pressure relief that should appeal to most sleepers.
The company displays its dedication to its customers and community by giving back to the community through charitable donations and recycling, lending value to the bed and company as a whole.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.