How does sleeping on a cloud sound?
Puffy promises a sleep experience so comfortable that you’ll feel like you’re sleeping with angels, just as their popular commercial suggests. Using proprietary materials with responsive support and cooling properties, this bed aims to provide a classic memory foam feel.
Our in-depth overview of the Puffy bed will look at the properties and materials of this mattress. We’ll tell you who we think it’s best suited for and describe the feel and construction of this bed.
Read through the entire review to learn about all of this bed’s strengths and features, or skip to the end to see how the Puffy mattress scored and get a quick overview of our impressions of the bed.
Who Do We Think Matches With Puffy?
- Dedicated side sleepers – The top layer should allow for a deep hug and comforting pressure relief as this comfort layer contours to the body. This should be ideal for many sleep positions, especially side sleepers, who often experience pressure around the shoulders and hips.
- Folks who share a bed – The memory materials should dampen energy quickly and efficiently reduce motion transfer. Those with restless partners should find this a benefit to their sleep experience.
- People who love a classic memory feel – With a deep hug and a comfy sinking experience, this brand should feel like classic memory foam. This could be ideal for those who like to be enveloped by the bed.
Possible Puffy Complaints:
- People who struggle with mobility may feel stuck. – While most sleepers should feel comfortable and well-supported in all positions, the deep hug may cause some difficulty in repositioning. The company sells various toppers, protectors, and comforters that may help to ease movement for those who tend to struggle.
In case you want to browse, take a look at our top mattress picks for 2021.
Construction: What’s Inside Puffy?
Puffy is covered with a stylish and whimsical polyester cover, featuring a charcoal gray diamond pattern around the edges and a white top with fluffy cloud outlines. If you’re a coffee-in-bed kind of person or like to munch on a midnight snack in bed, you’ll be happy to know that the updated cover is now stain-resistant.
While a simple wipe will clear away most visible debris, the Zip-N-Wash cover was designed so it can be removed and washed for deeper cleaning.
The mattress is 10 total inches in height.
- The top layer is comprised of 2 inches of Cooling Cloud Foam, an award-winning material that took over 4 years to develop. This highly adaptive layer was designed to compress or pushback depending on position and weight, providing the right amount of support and pressure relief where needed. Cooling gel is infused into this layer to prevent overheating.
- The middle layer is a 2-inch Climatecomfort™ Foam. This is a breathable transition foam that touts high pressure-relieving capabilities and resistance to temperature fluctuation.
- The base layer contains 6 inches of Firm Core Support Foam. This layer is designed to minimize sinkage and provide stability throughout the entire bed. Individualized support should also be provided through this layer, as the foam is designed to react to your body weight and pressure.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Puffy is a memory foam bed-in-a-box product. This bed can be used on any flat surface, including adjustable frames or the floor. The company sells proprietary frames, platforms, and adjustable bases through their website.
You should feel a soft, plush sensation when touching the stretchy and breathable cover. Testing out this mattress, you should notice deep sinkage and an enveloping hug as you settle into the upper comfort layer.
Body-contouring should provide excellent pressure relief and enhanced lumbar support. The foam should feel somewhat airy, and the cooling-gel infused within should help prevent overheating.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
While side sleepers are the most prone to excess pressure on areas like the shoulders and hips, pressure points can develop in any position if the materials aren’t responsive. When excess weight is placed on any area of the body, it can impact sleep and even lead to ongoing problems, like chronic joint pain.
To combat this, many companies have chosen to build mattresses with soft and conforming memory foam. This material is highly adaptive, designed to contour to the natural curves of the body and offer superior pressure relief. Puffy is no exception, built with three foam layers that were specifically designed to minimize pressure.
Soft and cozy materials can envelop the body, making you feel like you’re sleeping in a cloud. But if those materials aren’t supportive, your spine may bend and arch in an unnatural position. Puffy was constructed with a strong and durable base, adapting to your body for enhanced lumbar support.
There is very little bounce in this mattress, and the top layer should feel much slower to respond than the bottom layer. This, combined with the deep sinkage, may make some sleepers feel cozily enveloped in the foam.
Puffy has worked hard at adapting their manufacturing process to fit every size of mattress into a small box measuring 19 inches x 19 inches x 42 inches. This cuts down on manufacturing costs, which the company then passes along to customers by offering the highest quality at an affordable price.
Traditional memory foam has a reputation for overheating, but Puffy has two temperature-neutralizing layers, including cooling gel. These layers were designed to pull heat away from the body, regulating temperature to keep you cool and cozy year-round.
Great Motion Isolation
Memory foam products often do well at absorbing vibration to reduce motion transfer. This bed should do an excellent job of reducing sleep disruption due to movement. This could be ideal for co-sleepers or anyone sharing their bed with pets or children.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This bed was designed to use with any surface or frame, including adjustable bases.
Puffy donates a mattress to a child in need for each 10 social media posts featuring the company’s beds. Returned mattresses will either be donated or recycled.
Made in the USA
The foams inside this mattress have been tested and certified to have low levels of harmful chemicals and heavy metals.
Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified
The cover of this product has passed safety inspections that look for potentially harmful chemicals, substances, and heavy metals.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free in the contiguous United States.
- Trial -Puffy offers a 101-night sleep trial, so customers can get a feel for their new mattress before fully committing to it.
- Warranty - This item comes with a lifetime warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 10″||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 10″||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$995|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$1,150|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$1,350|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$1,350|
The Puffy provides a classic memory foam feel with enhanced pressure relief that should appeal to most sleepers.
Side sleepers may feel snug and cozy in this bed thanks to the enhanced pressure relief of the upper layer. This should help to reduce pressure that could build up in the hips and shoulders as these heavier areas of the body press into the mattress.
Most back sleepers should enjoy the enhanced lumbar support provided by the deep hug and contouring of the comfort layer. This should allow for a neutral spine and enhanced pressure relief. However, many back sleepers prefer a firmer bed.
Some stomach sleepers may wish to seek out a firmer mattress that will help to keep their midsection well supported. While the firm base is designed to offer support, it may not be enough for stomach sleepers, especially those with larger frames.
Some combination sleepers may not like the feeling of being wrapped in the mattress, which could make repositioning a bit more challenging. However, those who enjoy the classic memory foam feel should be satisfied with the deep hug of this bed.
Anyone who shares a bed is likely aware of the importance of minimizing motion transfer. No matter how much your partner is moving around, you should sleep soundly thanks to the motion-isolating properties of Puffy. For couples who both love a classic memory foam feel, this could be a great fit.
Those with larger frames often find mattresses too soft, causing them to sink through the layers with little support. Being on the softer side, heavier individuals may find they “bottom out” on this mattress. Puffy has been designed to support up to 350 pounds per side, so depending on your needs, you may want to look for a bed specifically designed for heavier frames.
While heavier frames often find most beds too soft, lighter individuals have the opposite problem. For them, most mattresses feel too firm, and they often struggle to push through the upper layers and experience all that the bed has to offer. Luckily, this plush mattress is well-suited for lighter frames, allowing them to sink through the layers and benefit from pressure relief and support.
Puffy is dedicated to creating the perfect sleep experience to minimize aches, pains, and sleepless nights. By combining enhanced pressure relief and a universal medium feel, they may have done just that.
The company displays its dedication to its customers and community by giving back to the community through charitable donations and recycling, lending value to the bed and company as a whole.