The Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress aims to provide robust support, which is excellent news for individuals who struggle with spinal alignment. Those who rest on their back or stomach often find their hips uncomfortably sinking into a softer mattress. While these beds may feel luxurious to the touch, the lack of support can lead to discomfort and pain.
Despite the Saatva Latex's firm nature, the bed still offers considerable comfort. If you're looking for a quality mattress, the Saatva Latex Hybrid has a lot to offer, including organic materials and a 365-night trial. In this article, we'll discuss the various benefits the Saatva provides and considerations to look for so you can purchase with confidence, or if you have no time, jump down to our overall summary.
Who Do We Think Matches With Saatva Latex?
- Warm Sleepers – Memory foam is famous for causing heat retention, a material this bed employs none of. Using 100 percent organic New Zealand Wool, Talalay Latex, and zoned pocketed coils, this bed combines multiple cooling materials to keep you comfortable.
- Stomach Sleepers – The Saatva brand aims to provide excellent support for those with lower back pain by using robust lifting strategies in their design. Innersprings and five-zoned Talalay Latex creates strong support, offering firm spinal alignment
- Heavier Folks – The Saatva Latex Hybrid provides excellent lumbar lift ideal for larger sleepers in need of spinal relief. This bed has a substantial feel yet preserves comfort, striking a delicate balance to help you rest with ease.
Possible Saatva Latex Considerations:
- Firmer Design – Soft contouring may offer a comforting sensation, but mattresses with too much give are not often conducive to healthy back posture. Upon consideration, keep in mind this firmer mattress provides comfort with less contouring. If you prefer the comfort of foam, the Saatva Loom & Leaf may be a great alternative.
- Motion Transfer – There's a lot to love about this bed's robust lifting capabilities, as it should allow you to wake up refreshed with minimal back pain and hopefully lead to improved rest. However, springs aren't quite as forgiving as foam, which could be a consideration as the motion transfer features are not the same as what you’d find on a memory foam bed.
Construction: What's Inside Saatva Latex Hybrid?
All Saatva Latex Hybrids are 12 inches high and are covered with a soft, breathable organic cotton cover. The hand-tufted Euro-top cushion is GOTS certified, meaning it demands the most stringent human and environmental safety standards, making it the world's highest organic standard. Finally, the bed is finished with Saatva's exclusive Guardin® antimicrobial botanical treatment.
- Cooling wool layer While many individuals see wool as a warming material, it has remarkable cooling capabilities as well. Wool's unique fibers wick moisture away from the skin, helping individuals stay cool through warm nights.
- 5-zone natural latex works to provide pressure relief through zoned support. Five special regions work together to relieve pressure points and aid the lumbar area for a restful and rejuvenating sleep. Plus, this material is 100% natural and hypoallergenic.
- Three zones of recycled steel coils contour and respond to your body's movements for delicate yet strong support, aiding in spinal alignment, and offering excellent edge reinforcement. If you struggle with mobility, the edges offer increased stability to get in and out of bed with ease.
- The organic cotton and wool base securely anchors the product, which should prevent shifting and maximize stability for long-term, reliable comfort .
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
This Saatva Latex Hybrid falls squarely on the firmer side of the spectrum but don't let that put you off; it also offers quality contouring and comfort. For those who struggle with mobility, back pain, and lumbar issues, this is an excellent mattress for its firm support. Additionally, the bed provides tremendous cooling efforts if you sleep warm, due to its innerspring coils which foster air circulation, a breathable cover, and the New Zealand wool layer wicking away moisture.
Firmness Scale: 7/10
This bed's layer of natural latex is specifically designed to offer supreme lumbar support and pressure-point relief. The five zones contain various densities to accommodate the diverse needs of the human body.
Pressure points are particularly noticeable if you lie on a hard surface, and most individuals prefer plush comfort to relieve the lower back and shoulder areas. The Saatva Latex Hybrid thoughtfully considers these common pains with the zoned pocketed coils and five-zone latex layer. The recycled steel coils contour and cradle the body to bring relief to stressed regions, and the latex works further to cushion the lumbar area and provide superior comfort.
Keep in mind that while this bed employs innovative technology to offer excellent pressure relief, this firmer design won't provide the soft experience memory foam presents. This hybrid mattress gives a soft buoyancy, so if your back aches from inferior sinkage, this design should offer the necessary relief.
This hybrid mattress excels in the support department with two separate lifting systems. The recycled steel coils work to contour your frame and provide robust support, maintaining spinal alignment. Further, the layer of latex firmly lifts the lumbar region with its zoned support design, simultaneously providing soft pressure relief and cool breathability.
The reinforced coils at the perimeter work to offer substantial support around the edges, letting sleepers utilize the full surface of the bed without uncomfortable sagging. The firm core provides a supportive structure for multiple sleep postures, lifting the hips for stomach and back sleepers, and the soft top layers contour side-sleepers who need more pressure-relief.
Organic Mattress Pad
For an additional cost, you can add a luxurious mattress pad for extra cushioning and plush comfort. The 100 percent organic cotton pad offers breathable protection and wicks away moisture, and the extra-wide elastic bands work to prevent shifting.
Free White Glove Delivery
Each Saatva Latex Hybrid comes with complimentary white glove delivery. All you have to do is worry about your payment details, and Saatva will do the rest, hand-delivering and setting up your new bed and foundation without hassle. They'll even remove your old mattress free of charge, simply check free mattress removal at checkout.
Innerspring brands allow for natural air circulation, which helps hot air escape the bed and cooler air circulate. Further, the upper layer of wool wicks away moisture and regulates temperature, limiting overheating in the night.
Spirit of Giving
Saatva uses its position to give back to its community. They offer discounts to first responders, healthcare workers, military members, teachers, students, government employees, and the elderly.
Handcrafted in the USA
The brand utilizes domestic labor to handcraft each of its products under the strict regulations and guidelines we employ in the U.S. This helps you to purchase a product without the worry of child labor or exploitation practices.
GOTS Certified Organic
The hand-tufted Euro-top cushion is GOTS certified, meaning it satisfies the most rigorous environmental and human safety standards. Any organic certification is better than no certification at all. However, the prestigious GOTS certifications achieve the highest organic standard in the world, letting buyers rest easy knowing they're sleeping on a safe product.
eco-INSTITUT® & GREENGUARD Gold
The latex in this mattress is certified to be free of harmful chemicals, emissions, and pollutants.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the United States.
- White-Glove Delivery - Professional installation is included within the price and arranged at your time of purchase. Saatva will even remove your old mattress for free, saving you the hassle.
- Trial - You can keep this bed for 365 nights to make sure it’s the bed of your dreams, and if you decide it’s not for you, all you have to pay is a $99 transportation fee to cover the cost of gas and pickup labor.
- Warranty - The mattress comes with a lifetime warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$1,245|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$1,415|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,845|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$2,045|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,445|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,445|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,830|
Saatva Latex Hybrid is a luxury mattress at an affordable price, and we think the firm structure with pressure-relieving top layers should suit a variety of individuals.
Side sleepers should benefit from the latex's pressure-point relief and the individually wrapped coils for curve contouring around the shoulders and hips; this should soothe aches and pains and provide plenty of spinal alignment and support. For those who need extra relief, the Saatva Loom & Leaf offers an excellent alternative.
This bed offers a fantastic option for back sleepers due to the thoughtful care that went into the latex layer's lumbar support and contouring. Most back sleepers should be well-served by this mattress, and its buoyant nature will have you feeling firmly “on top” of the bed, preventing uncomfortable sinkage.
Stomach sleepers often struggle with spinal alignment as the hips, which carry more weight, tend to sink in this position. As a result, this can wreak havoc on proper back posture. However, most stomach sleepers should achieve excellent alignment and quality slumber due to the firm design and robust support.
Repositioning should be comfortable on this mattress due to the high response and bounce the recycled steel coils provide and the firm yet contouring latex. The design is well-suited for back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and many side sleepers, making a good choice for those who often reposition through the night.
Couples looking for quality edge support to maximize usable space should appreciate this hybrid model. The individually wrapped coils and Eurotop should soften vibrations that might disrupt sleepers. However, due to the buoyant and bouncy nature of the build, the motion transfer might be slightly higher than in the Loom & Leaf model.
Considerably heavier folks can sometimes struggle to find a mattress that can accommodate their weight without feeling like they're sleeping on a concrete slab. The diversity of the support systems and Euro top helps to ensure a comfortable bed for people in most weight classes while still combining quality pressure relief with robust support.
Lighter than average sleepers may not be able to appreciate this model. These types may not be heavy enough to sink deep enough to experience the pressure relief, especially if they sleep on their sides. Without activating the coil layers and zoned support, the Loom & Leaf model will likely provide a better alternative.
The Saatva Latex Hybrid packs a lot of value, and the thoughtful design should provide a hefty return on your investment. The innovative layers containing New Zealand wool, five-zoned natural latex, and pocketed coils offer pressure relief, contouring, and strong support for excellent spinal alignment that should grant you pain-free mornings for years to come.