In an attempt to be transparent about how this website makes money, as well as comply with the applicable Federal Trade Commission rules and regulations (see https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/advertising-and-marketing/online-advertising-and-marketing for more information), we have published these disclosures. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] And please read this carefully!!
Sleep Advisor is an independent publisher that is reader-supported. That means we make money when you click or buy a product through the links on our site (at no additional cost to you).
For us to continue operating at the highest level and to create quality content (that is free), we maintain affiliate relationships with sleep product companies (or portals like Amazon.com).
This may influence which products we review and write about (and where those products appear on the site), but it does not affect our recommendations or advice. The sleep product companies cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products.
However, because we are not without financial motivation when we publish content on our site, we want you to understand more about our affiliate relationships and how we make money:
- SleepAdvisor.org participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We receive a commission (which is a percentage of the sale) from Amazon.com whenever one of our readers makes a purchase after visiting an Amazon.com link on our site.
- Sleepadvisor.org makes money and gets paid (1) on a cost-per-click basis: we get paid if you click on the link, regardless of whether or not you purchase the product; or (2) affiliate commission: if you purchase a product after clicking on links that appear on our site, we will receive a percentage of the sale.
- We cannot control whether a certain sleep product company pays us on a cost-per-click basis or affiliate commission.
- If you return a product that you purchased through a link on our site, and you return the product, we lose the affiliate commission we were paid. We have no incentive to promote bad products.
- In an attempt to limit bias, we choose to work only with companies that participate in some type of an affiliate program (whether cost-per-click based, affiliate commission based or otherwise). If a particular company we like doesn’t have an affiliate program, we try to inform them about this requirement. We try not to review products that are not associated with some type of affiliate program.
- We do not (and cannot) review every company or product on the market. Also, we may elect to discontinue featuring certain products on our site if we determine that certain products or companies are not very popular among our readers or for any other reason within our sole discretion.
- We neither sell product placements, links, mentions, nor do we receive payments for favorable reviews.
- We receive free products from companies that appear on our site for research and testing purposes. This does not guarantee a favorable review or any kind of placement on the site.
- The amount of money we make from each sleep product company varies. For example, some companies pay higher affiliate commissions than others. To be clear, this may influence where certain products appear on the site, but it does not affect our recommendations or advice.
Each company listed below pays us an affiliate commission each time a consumer uses a link or code on this website to purchase a product with (outside of the Amazon Associates program):
- Loom & Leaf
- eLuxury Supply
- Dreamfoam Bedding
- Brentwood Home
- Nature’s Sleep
- Eight Sleep
- Puffy Mattress
- Parachute Home
- Brooklyn Bedding
- Slumber Cloud
- Nest Bedding
- Bear Mattress
- Sweet Zzz
- Level Sleep
- Therapedic Agility
- Cocoon by Sealy
- Blue Burrito
- Big Fig
- Tuft N' Needle
- Latex for Less
- My Green Mattress
- Logan and Cove
Each company listed below pays us on a cost-per-click basis; we get paid if you click on one or more certain links, regardless of whether or not you purchase (outside of the Amazon Associates program):
- None at the moment.
**If you don’t see a company listed above, we may have a relationship with the company through the Amazon Associates Program. However, if the product isn’t available on Amazon and/or no links on our website take you to the applicable Amazon product page, we likely do not have any affiliate relationship with the company.**
SleepAdvisor.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn referral/advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you purchase a product via those links through Amazon, Amazon will pay us a referral fee.
We Encourage You To Do Our Own Research
When reading any information on our website, we encourage you to explore each category and/or topic that aligns most with your unique buying needs, rather than going by the order in which we have listed the products. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test products (learn more here). Also, please remember that the information on this website should only be a starting point used to help guide you in your own research and quest for sleeping greatness. Best of luck with your shopping journey! And as always, happy sleeping to all and all a good night!
We Are Not Doctors or Scientists
Nothing on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only.
Sleep Advisor does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy or applicability of any information in regard to your individual circumstances.
Best of luck with your shopping journey! And as always, happy sleeping to all and all a good night!
Your support means a lot to us!
Sleep Advisor team
Last Updated: October 28th 2020.