Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a more affordable natural latex bed? Want two beds for the price of one?
Latex For Less dedicated 10 years of research and experimentation to produce a bed that would suit the needs of all shapes, sizes, and sleep preferences. The company has worked to reduce costs and harmful additives to give you a safer, more comfortable, and affordable sleep experience.
Our in-depth overview of the Latex For Less will break down the construction and features of this bed. As well as providing rankings based on a number of features including comfort, quality, and more. This bed comes in two different heights, but we’re describing the 9-inch option.
Read through the entire review for a comprehensive look at this product and its strengths. Or skip to the end for a quick overview and a wrap-up of our scores and rankings.
You will love Latex For Less if you:
- Like a lot of bounce – The latex used in this bed should feel springy and responsive, allowing for decent pushback and quick reformation when moving around. This should help make repositioning a breeze.
- Want enhanced versatility – This double-sided product allows shoppers to choose between Medium and Firm comfort levels to best suit their individual needs. Two different heights are also available ensuring the mattress best fits intended space. This should be ideal for couples or people with multiple sleep preferences.
- Are shopping affordable latex – Latex is super popular but it can be expensive. Those looking for more affordable options may have found their match here.
You might not like Latex For Less if you:
- Have considerable weight concerns – The company recommends that sleepers over 250 pounds pair their bed with a mattress topper for added support that should prevent them from bottoming out through the comfort layers.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This item is a latex mattress that ships compressed in a box. The bed can be paired with an adjustable base, foundation, box spring, or slatted base with the slats no more than 3 inches apart to prevent sagging between the slats. A proprietary foundation and adjustable base are available for purchase through the company’s website.
The certified organic cotton cover should feel plush and soft to the touch. A half inch layer of wool sits just below the cover to promote temperature regulation.
Shoppers may choose between 9 and 7-inch thickness options. Here we are discussing the 9-inch.
- The first layer includes 2 inches of Medium Talalay Latex. When using this layer on top you should feel some give and enhanced pressure relief.
- The second layer is comprised of 6 inches of Firm Dunlop Latex. This layer can be used as a support core for the entire bed or can be flipped and used as the top layer for firmer support that gently contours to the body.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rank the Medium option at a 4.5 on our Firmness scale, with the Firm side coming in at an 8. Our firmness measuring system places the feel of the bed on a scale of 1-10, where 1 feels as though you are sleeping in the clouds and 10 is hard as a rock. With two different comfort levels, this product should be a viable option for people of all sleep positions and preferences.
Sleepers should enjoy a gentle cradle as they sink lightly into the Medium side. There should be more of a floating on top feel on the Firm side as the Firmer layers prevent much sinkage. The wool layer and perforated latex should also help regulate temperature and enhance airflow.
The comfort layers should feel springy and should provide an enhanced bounce. This should allow for easy repositioning and should reduce any feelings of being “stuck” in the gentle cradle of the bed.
Thanks to the bounce and multiple firmness options, combination sleepers should find this mattress comfortable and supportive in a variety of positions.
Back sleepers can choose between Medium and Firm comfort levels to best suit their preferences. Either option should provide neutral spine alignment and lumbar support through a gentle contouring effect.
Stomach sleepers often prefer a Firmer comfort level to prevent the hips from sinking and causing the spine to misalign. The Firm side should serve this sleep type well.
Side sleepers will likely prefer the light sinkage of the Medium option. They should experience comforting pressure relief in the hips and shoulders due to the gentle cradle and soft cover.
The company recommends adding a mattress topper for people over 250 pounds as this should add extra support and help prevent them from sinking too deeply into the bed.
Shoppers should notice above average motion control as compared to most beds of this material due to the energy dampening nature of the wool layer. Couples and co-sleepers or people who share their bed with pets should find this enhanced motion control aids their ability to sleep through the night with minimal disruptions.
This product performs better than expected for an all-foam bed, and you should sleep secure when cuddled up on the side. The firm side actually performs even better.
Those who require super sturdy support throughout their entire sleep surface may want to consider a mattress containing springs or reinforced foam, but this choice should work fine for most folks.
- Multiple Firmness Options – The mattress can be flipped to enjoy either Medium or Firm comfort levels.
- Multiple Height Options – Shoppers may choose between 7 or 9-inch heights.
- Trial Period – The company offers a 120-night trial so you can get a feel for your new mattress and decide if it is right for you.
- Warranty – This product comes with a 20-year warranty.
- Shipping – The company ships their products for free in the continental United States.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certified – The Talalay material is certified to be free of harmful materials such as lead or nickel.
- Eco-Institut Certified – The Dunlop material is certified to be free of harmful metals and chemicals with low emissions.
- GOTS Certified – The mattress cover is certified organic cotton.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 9”||$1,199|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 9”||$1,199|
|Full||53” x 75” x 9”||$1,449|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 9”||$1,449|
|King||76" x 80" x 9”||$1,949|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 9”||$1,949|
This mattress is versatile and customizable to bring you a more affordable latex sleep experience that suits your exact needs. The company’s emphasis on organic, natural, and chemical-free products makes this a great choice for the environmentally minded shopper.
Multiple certifications, a dedication to consistency through single origin Latex sourcing, and polite and responsive customer service are proof the consumer is the company’s top priority.
The company strives to provide a comfortable, customizable sleep experience that works for everyone. This mattress should do just that thanks to multiple firmness levels and two different height options.
The versatility and personalization of this mattress add a lot of value to this affordable bed.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.