The tech-driven Nolah brand includes the Nolah Original, the Nolah Signature, and now their most innovative and popular design yet, the Evolution. The Nolah Evolution Mattress boasts various benefits, including pressure relief, spinal reinforcement, superior cooling, and quality edge support to appeal to numerous individuals.
Nolah's previous designs relied on all-foam models. However, the Evolution combines top-tier foams with innerspring coils to offer quality reinforcement and contouring. If you struggle with aches and pains, particularly around the hips or shoulders, the Evolution could be your ideal match.
The Evolution comes in three firmness options, but our review focuses on the Luxury Firm model, which provides the most versatile feel. Read on for our take on this fabulous mattress to see if it's the bed of your dreams or if you have no time for the whole review, skip to our overall summary.
Watch Our Nolah Evolution Review
Excellent Matches For Nolah Evolution
- All Sleep Positions – The Nolah Evolution is available in three firmness levels: Plush, Luxury Firm, and Firm. This range of options makes the mattress a good fit for all sleeping positions.
- Fans Of The Hybrid Design – The Nolah Evolution features a hybrid design that has foam and coils, allowing sleepers the opportunity to take advantage of both design styles. The Evolution also comes with memory foam, an excellent material for pressure relief, along with the brand’s patented HDMax™ Tri-Zone™ coil unit that’s helpful in terms of support and airflow.
- Warm Sleepers – The Evolution uses advanced technology to cater to those who run hot at night. A layer of cooling Nolah AirFoamICE™ draws heat away from your body for cool comfort.
Possible Nolah Evolution Considerations:
- Not Supportive Enough for Some Stomach Sleepers – Individuals who enjoy resting on their stomach may notice their hips slightly dipping into this mattress. This is especially true if you carry more weight. In this case, the Firm version may be better for heavier stomach sleepers.
- No All-Foam Design – Hybrid mattresses can provide plenty of benefits like extra support and cooling, but people who enjoy the feel of an all-foam bed may prefer a different mattress. In this case, we would recommend Nolah’s all-foam Original model.
Construction: What’s inside Nolah Evolution?
The Evolution bed brings a lot to the table in the mattress industry, bolstering pressure relief with dynamic foams and enhancing cooling capabilities with modern foam technology. The Nolah Evolution is a hybrid mattress with a cooling cover, HTC™ topper, memory foam, high-density transition foam, and steel coils. The layers remain the same with all three firmness levels, as the only thing that changes is the general feel of the mattress. Read on to learn about the multiple layers of innovative materials to help you dream with ease.
- Organic Cotton Cover At the top of the Evolution is a breathable and soft organic cotton cover to help keep hot sleepers cool and dry at the surface.
- Cooling Quilted HTC™ Cooling Euro Topper The bed is encased in two inches of cooling ArcticTex™ fibers equipped with high thermal conductivity. This means that heat is pulled away from warm bodies, keeping you cool without harsh chemicals.
- AirBreath™ Heat Escape Gusset This 2-inch border at the top is designed to help disperse heat, preventing added warmth from remaining in the mattress.
- Nolah AirFoamICE™ Cooling Layer Under the Euro Topper lies two inches of Nolah's patented graphite-infused foam, which accelerates the cooling capabilities and aids in pressure relief for maximum comfort.
- Deep Supportive High-Resilience Foam In the lower portion of the mattress, you'll discover strong support. Two inches of high-resilience foam aids in spinal alignment and works with the upper foam layers to create a comforting lift. This deep foam is designed to be more durable and stronger than latex to keep you sleeping comfortably for years to come.
- High-Density Transition Foam This 1-inch thick foam is designed to be highly resilient and supportive, easing the sleeper into the coils under it.
- Patented HDMax™ Innerspring Coils The Evolution's 8-inch tri-zoned coils provide 25 percent more support than typical springs, according to the Nolah brand. These give sleepers more pressure relief and temperature regulation with minimized sagging. Nolah addresses edge support concerns by placing reinforced coils along the perimeter.
- Eco-Friendly Foundation Layer stabilizes and secures the tri-zoned coils for maximum support and longevity.
- Extra-Strong Border Fabric - The entire Nolah Evolution is wrapped in a border fabric with carrying handles, making it easy to move the mattress when needed. The cover has a non-skid bottom ensuring the mattress doesn’t move on the bed foundation.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
As you ease into the bed, the foam layers provide gentle contouring, and the transition layer of high-resilience foam lowers you into the reinforced coil system. The springs offer tri-zoned relief and quality lift for healthy spinal alignment.
The Luxury Firm and Firm Nolah Evolution mattresses feel sturdier, providing less contouring than the Plush model. In addition, these are more supportive and unlikely to let your body sink too deeply into the mattress construction. As a result, these firmer models are more suitable for back and stomach sleepers.
Firmness Scale: 5/10 (Plush), 6-7/10 (Luxury Firm), 8/10 (Firm)
The Nolah Evolution is available in three firmness levels, allowing sleepers to choose based on their body weight and preferred sleeping position. If you're a back sleeper and enjoy delicate contouring and quality support, the Luxury Firm Evolution should be at the top of your list. Those seeking extra pressure relief, however, should look at the Plush version. The variety of foams offers a valuable solution to hip and shoulder pain, and the patented Nolah AirFoamICE™ provides a technology-driven resolution to excess warmth and discomfort.
The Euro Topper combined with the cooling AirFoamICE™ join to tackle excess heat while relieving stress around common problem-areas like hips and shoulders. The Deep and Supportive High-Resilience Foam offers quality support while the High-Density Foam provides a transitional layer before the coils. The springs provide cooling pressure relief, accommodating the curves of your body for comfortable, reliable rest.
A bed that reinforces proper spinal alignment while still providing quality relief can be a difficult combination to find. We spend a lot of time in bed, so maintaining good back posture while you sleep is critical for our long-term health and keeping spinal issues at bay.
Nolah's Patented HDMax™ Coils with durable edge support work together to give sleepers robust lift and strong edges without compromising the softer layers you'll be snuggling into above. Strengthening the entire structure is the Eco-Friendly Foundation Layer that stabilizes the tri-zone coils for long-lasting durability.
Nolah makes it easy to save money while maximizing value. The brand is so confident in its products that its trial period is optional. If you'd like to save $100, you can forgo this option, putting money back in your pocket. You can opt for mattress setup and removal for an additional fee, add a protector, or a fresh pair of bamboo sheets. Nolah aims to have you dreaming in comfort from your first night.
Free Boxed Delivery
Nolah delivers to your doorstep free of charge in the 48 contiguous United States. Most mattresses are packaged and shipped via UPS or FedEx and arrive about five to ten days after the order is placed.
This innerspring bed's euro top adds extra comfort and pressure relief that many traditional coil beds lack. By providing an additional plush touch, a Euro Top gives the mattress a more luxurious feel and soothes pressure points.
Multiple Firmness Options
Nolah offers this bed in three firmness levels, making it easy for sleepers to find one that best suits their needs. The Plush Nolah Evolution is an excellent option for side sleepers as it excels in preventing pressure from building up in sensitive areas. On the other hand, the Luxury Firm and Firm are great for back and stomach sleepers seeking more support.
Innerspring beds deliver natural air circulation, which helps hot air dissipate and allows cooler air in. For optimal cooling, the Nolah brand has implemented multiple cooling features into their Evolution model so that hot sleepers should feel confident this bed will help them rest easier. These cooling features include the HTC cooling topper, the ArcticTEX™ cover, AirFoamICE™, and heat-dissipating border gusset.
Exceptional Edge Support
Nolah places reinforced coils along the perimeter for optimal edge support. While couples or larger folks can struggle for personal space, the reinforced edges give individuals edge-to-edge support for a spacious and supportive experience.
Handcrafted in the USA
This Colorado-based company has opted to keep operations local, preferring to use domestic manufacturing to ensure hands-on involvement and top quality.
Nolah boasts the CertiPUR-US foam safety stamp of approval, passing rigorous testing. The CertiPUR-US standard certifies that the Nolah foam is made free from ozone-depleting chemicals, PBDE flame retardants, lead, mercury, formaldehyde, and phthalates. Additionally, it has a proven low VOC (volatile organic compound) level for minimal emissions keeping your air quality healthy.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - is free within the contiguous United States.
- Trial - For 120 nights, you can test this bed risk-free to make sure it's your dream mattress. If it's not for you, contact the brand, and they'll send a driver to pick it up for a full return.
- Warranty - Expressing utmost confidence in their product, Nolah offers a lifetime warranty on the Evolution mattress.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 15”||$1,599|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 15”||$1,799|
|Full||53” x 75” x 15”||$2,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 15”||$2,299|
|King||76” x 80” x 15”||$2,499|
|Cali King||(2x) 38” x 80”||$3,598|
The Nolah Evolution is a luxury mattress that boasts incredible comfort at a reasonable price. This bed should appeal to a variety of sleepers as it comes in three firmnesses to accommodate a range of sleeping positions.
Side sleepers shouldn't feel too much pressure in the Luxury Firm version, but those seeking extra pressure relief should look into getting the Plush model. However, some heavyweight side sleepers may find their ideal match with the Luxury Firm.
The Nolah Evolution in Luxury Firm is an excellent option for back sleepers, who enjoy the plush support of coils and memory foam's contouring. Most back sleepers should enjoy the comforting design and gentle support, providing strong spinal alignment. However, back sleepers who prefer extra firm support and pressure response may need to opt for a firmer model.
Spinal alignment can be an issue for stomach sleepers because the hips tend to dip in this position as they often carry extra weight. We noticed some light sinkage in the Luxury Firm model, so those seeking a more rigid feel should opt for the Nolah Evolution in Firm.
The Nolah Evolution is not as responsive to movement as other beds, which is usually an important feature for combination sleepers who often switch positions. That being said, if you do have an interest in trying out the Evolution, the Luxury Firm would probably accommodate the most positions.
Couples looking for delicate contouring and the soft “hug” of memory foam should find enormous relief in this bed. Additionally, this bed offers great edge support for people sharing a bed. You should be able to comfortably lay on the edges, enjoying the entire surface of the bed without feeling like you'll fall off.
The Nolah Evolution's Luxury Firm model may work for heavier side sleepers, but most people carrying extra weight should be a better fit with the Firm. The upside to the Evolution is that it is 15 inches thick, so it can easily provide the added layers heavier individuals need.
Most lightweight sleepers will likely find the Luxury Firm too hard for their tastes, with the exception of some petite stomach sleepers. We think most lightweight sleepers will enjoy the Plush version of the Evolution, giving them more cradling to ease pressure points.
Nolah Evolution packs a lot of value into their beds, and their lifetime warranty and thorough approach to spinal alignment should promise a hefty return on your investment. Similar beds in retail stores can cost thousands, but the Nolah Evolution offers luxury for less. Individuals with a variety of needs should find soothing comfort in this innovative design.