Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
New additions to the eco-friendly space pop up every day with the promise of a healthier and more organic sleep. But few can offer the same amount of organic materials at the affordable price of Happsy.
This company is focused on reducing their carbon footprint throughout their entire pipeline from fair labor practices to ethically-sourced natural materials. They concentrate on creating not only healthier products for individuals, but also for the environment.
Our in-depth look at the Happsy mattress will show you all the ways this mattress stands out from its certified organic materials to its cooling and pressure relief. Though an optional pillow top is available, we reviewed the standard mattress, which we think the largest variety of people will prefer.
We have all the details queued up but feel free to jump ahead to the scoring and summary sections.
You will love Happsy if you:
- Want an eco-friendly bed – Happsy goes above and beyond to help ensure safe and sustainable materials and business practices from start to finish. The wool, cotton, and latex were all certified organic by strict third-party evaluators.
- Want a great value – Beds with a lot of natural materials and environmental certifications are a great investment and are worth a couple of extra dollars to keep your sleep space clean and safe, but Happsy offers all of that reassurance for a price that’s competitive with a lot of synthetic brands.
- Want bounce – Happsy’s blend of coils and latex provide a good amount of both deep and surface level bounce that will assist your maneuverability on top of this bed and while getting in and out.
You might not like Happsy if you:
- Want an all-foam bed – The high-quality latex and individually pocketed coils were designed to conform to your shape to relieve pressure while providing temperature regulating air flow that is superior to many foams, but you won’t find the quite same motion isolation and feel of an all-foam construction.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Happsy is a latex and coil hybrid that is delivered to your door rolled into a box. Flat surfaces, such as platforms and slatted frames, with slats no more than 2-3 inches apart, work best with this bed, as well as adjustable bases.
The cover is organic cotton that is quilted to a .25-inch layer of organic wool on the top and cotton batting on the sides. The wool acts as an all-natural flame retardant that also wicks away moisture and helps keep the body feeling cool and fresh. You can remove the cover, which is convenient for spot cleaning.
The bed is made of two different layers and stands 10 inches tall.
- The first layer is a 2-inch layer of certified organic Dunlop latex sourced from India or Sri Lanka. The naturally breathable latex is aerated for additional temperature regulation and the quick-responding material conforms to your shape to relieve pressure while providing surface-level bounce.
- The second layer is an 8-inch pocketed coil system that gives the bed its structure and shape. These coils support the sleeper’s spinal alignment while helping to reduce motion transfer and heat retention. Reinforced coils around the edges help to better secure your weight when sitting or lying on the sides.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Happsy mattress scored in the medium to medium-firm range, at 6 to 6.5 out of 10 on our firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest. Mattresses with this score tend to be the most popular because of their versatile comfort for a range of sleepers and compatibility with different sleep positions.
The first thing you will notice when lying down on this bed is soft quilted cover and the immediate-response time of the latex comfort layer. Because this comfort layer is only 2 inches deep, you should rest closer to the surface of this mattress and are highly unlikely to feel stuck.
Both the aerated latex and coils do an excellent job promoting airflow through the mattress, and because more of your body’s surface area is exposed to circulating air, you should notice minimal heat retention.
You should feel the individually wrapped coils support your curves while the latex relieves your pressure points. There is a good deep-level and surface-level bounce to this mattress that works with the quick-responding top to ease repositioning. Combination sleepers, who move around at night, will appreciate how this mattress adapts to all sleeping positions.
Back sleepers will feel the comfort materials mold to their lower back for good support that helps keep their spine level (you can learn more here).
Most side sleepers will feel well supported by the coil layer while the latex works to relieve pressure points that develop in the hips and shoulders in this position. We encourage exclusive side sleepers or those in need of extra pressure relief to consider buying the optional pillow top that provides an extra 2 inches of comfort materials.
Most stomach sleepers will feel comfortable with the firmness of this bed that keeps their hips elevated, which helps their spine remain level (you can learn about their preferences here). If you or your partner carry a substantial amount of extra weight in your midsection, you may find a firmer bed is a better fit.
Remember that firmness is subjective and everyone experiences it a little differently. That said, we think most people will be comfortably accommodated by this mattress, though the optional pillow top does expand its versatility for those in search of extra pressure relief.
This bed performed as expected in this category for a hybrid bed with latex, pocketed coils, and this much bounce. The latex helps absorb some of the vibrations, and the coils are individually wrapped and compress independently, isolating motion better than traditional innersprings with interconnected units.
Light sleepers who share this bed should not be disturbed by a restless sleeping partner, but keep in mind that the optional pillow top provides some additional motion isolation if this is something that concerns you.
This hybrid performs well in this category, due to the thick layer of coils that extend edge to edge with extra reinforcement around the edges. Sitting down on the side of the bed, you will feel your concentrated weight sink through the comfort layer but you should be well supported by the strengthened 8-inch coils. If you sleep closer to the side of this bed, you will not notice any significant change in support compared to the bed’s center.
Edge support may not be something you think about, but it can become important if you share your sleep space with a partner and occupy a larger portion of bed’s available space.
- Optional Pillow Top – You may choose to soften your mattress by adding an optional pillow top that will add an extra two inches of latex comfort to your mattress.
- Trial Period – You can sleep on Happsy for 120 nights, and if you do not think it is the right fit, you can return it for a full refund.
- Warranty – The company offers a 10-year warranty on this product.
- Shipping – Shipping and returns are free within the U.S., and shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is available for an additional fee.
- Environmental Certifications – This bed’s GREENGUARD Gold certification shows that the bed has been rigorously tested and found to meet some of the world’s strictest emissions standards. The UL Validation shows that this product is formaldehyde free. Happsy mattress also has a certification from Made Safe, an American-based certification program focused on human health that not only tests for processing chemicals, but also examines ingredients for potentially toxic substances, such as carcinogens, neurotoxins, and high-risk pesticides.
- Certified Natural/Organic Materials – The latex in this bed is certified organic by the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), which guarantees that this comfort layer contains at least 95% raw organic material and was not treated with any harmful chemicals. The cotton in the cover was certified by the Global Organic Textile Standards, which requires that it be at least 70% organic.
- Charitable Initiatives – This company partners with a number of charitable organizations and nonprofits, including 1% For the Planet, Women’s Voices for the Earth, American Sustainable Business Council, and Kids for Saving Earth, which are all aimed at helping preserve and sustain the environment.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$749|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$799|
|Full||53” x 75” x 10”||$1,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$1,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$1,499|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$1,499|
Happsy’s more organic bed-in-the-box comes from a company passionate about saving the Earth and offers high-quality materials at a competitive price.
For Happsy, a better Earth does not stop at the mattress edge. The company has overhauled their business end to end to source the best materials, obtain the strictest environmental certifications, and ensure fair labor practices.
The hybrid’s versatile firmness will appeal to wide range of sleepers, and the quality materials and affordable price sets Happsy apart both within the eco-friendly market and beyond. Similar constructions in the retail space would cost three times the $1,199 of a Queen-sized Happsy.
Happsy’s risk-free 100-night risk-free offer gives you a great opportunity to get a more organic night’s sleep while investing in a cleaner world.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.