Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Is natural living a huge part of your lifestyle? Looking for an eco-friendly, healthier alternative to memory foam?
Organic latex coupled with springs should make this hybrid a top choice for sleepers shopping for the best night’s dream money can buy. The brand is so sure that you will love this bed that they’ve provided their customers with a 365-night sleep trial.
Our in-depth overview of the Awara looks at components like firmness, comfort, and who we think this bed is best suited for. So stick around if you want the full scoop, or you can skip to the end for our scoring and summary.
Who Do We Think Matches With Awara?
- Folks who enjoy bounce – The combination of latex and coils set sleepers up for a bouncy experience. And though this is great for sexually active couples, it is also rather useful for combination sleepers looking for facilitated repositioning.
- Eco-friendly shoppers – This product may be more expensive than other brands featuring different materials out there, but it’s delivering a lot of value. These materials’ certifications show the company’s determination to go greener. Rainforest Certified latex is inside, and organic cotton and natural wool make up the plush cover.
- Sleepers who overheat – Latex is a naturally cool sleeping material. The added bonus of pinholes throughout makes it a breathable option. In addition, the soft cover is silky cool and helps to further regulate temperature which is needed for people who sleep hot.
Possible Awara Complaints:
- It isn’t budget-friendly – Awara is a brand with a more premium price tag. But keeping that in mind, this high-end hybrid is sold competitively less than what you are likely to find in a mattress retail store, especially with this much premium latex. If you are on a tighter budget you can check our budget bed picks here.
- Company Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Website: awarasleep.com
- Phone: 855-580-1382
- Mail: [email protected]
The Awara mattress comes from the same company that brought sleepers the Nectar mattress, Dreamcloud, and Level Sleep. The parent company, Resident, was founded by Eric Hutchinson, Ran Reske, and Craig Schmeizer with ambitions to disrupt the direct-to-consumer marketplace by providing high-quality, affordable furnishings for every room of the house.
Awara is the brands’ luxury, eco-friendly mattress that combines organic and environmentally conscious certifications with a hybrid design for a bed that’s on nearly every bestseller list. The company also has a green mission, planting trees for every mattress sold.
Construction: What’s inside Awara?
The surface is furnished with a breathable, natural cotton Euro-top. Beneath this cotton is a natural New Zealand wool that not only fosters surface comfort but also should help wick away moisture and heat. This luxurious cover surrounds the 13 inches of bedding beneath.
- The first layer is topped off with 4 inches of organic, all-natural Dunlop latex. This soft yet durable material provides comfort to the sleeper’s body by conforming to their curves and fostering surface bounce to facilitate repositioning.
- The second layer uses 9 inches of premium coils. This delivers a deeper bounce and sustains support and alignment. The individually wrapped coils target specific areas of the body by compressing at varying amounts to foster a neutral sleeping position that distributes weight evenly over the surface.
- Edge reinforcement is provided by a row of stronger perimeter coils that are designed to support increased weight along the sides.
- The base layer is a luxe cotton/polyester material with four built-in handles for easy moving.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Awara ships to your home rolled and compressed, so it may need a few hours to take shape before you lay on it. Setup is facilitated by the four handsewn handles on all sides. This makes it easier to lift and set on any base that has a solid foundation, including slatted platforms and adjustable bases.
From the white Euro-top surface to the various grey and charcoal tones used along the perimeter, Awara has a clean and sophisticated look that should be a welcomed addition to any bedroom.
When you first settle into bed, you’ll be met with the plush pillow-top that has a soft and luxurious feel thanks to the inclusion of organic cotton and breathable New Zealand wool. The generous 4 inches of cooling Dunlop latex should cradle your curves nicely, while the individually pocketed coils provide pushback support for your spine.
Firmness Scale: 6/10
Adequate pressure relief can melt away morning aches and pains, helping you wake feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. Awara’s approach to pressure relief starts with the plush Euro-top that envelops your body for immediate cradling comfort. Next, Dunlop latex foam contours to your body’s curves, allowing heavier areas to sink deeper while keeping the rest of your body adequately supported.
While the Dunlop latex foam is thick and resilient enough to keep the spine aligned, the coils act as the real support center, delivering quality stability that simultaneously sports bounce. Because these coils are individually wrapped, they’re able to compress independently to offer head-to-toe support in just the right spots. The end result is a balance of support for the spine coupled with relief for the shoulders and hips.
Optional White Glove Delivery
Optional White Glove Delivery
A service where professionals install your new mattress in your home and remove your old sleep product.
Awara arrives at your doorstep via contactless delivery, rolled and compressed in weatherproof packaging. Set-up should be quick and easy, thanks to the four built-in handles.
A luxurious pillow top made from organic cotton and New Zealand wool provides a comforting touch and immediately cradles your curves.
Breathable cotton and moisture-wicking New Zealand wool allow trapped heat to escape, and temperature-neutral latex prevents excess heat from building throughout the night. Individually pocketed coils also provide ample airflow for a bed that should keep sweats at bay.
Exceptional Edge Support
A bed with strong edges keeps the sleeper level and comfortable when sleeping here, while a bed without edge reinforcement could make you feel like you might stumble onto the floor. To ensure a secure sleeping space, Awara has reinforced edges.
Great Motion Isolation
Considering the amount of bounce in this bed, one might expect it to have poor motion isolation, but it actually does quite well. Unlike coil beds of olden times, the springs in this mattress are pocketed and separated from one another. So the next time you climb into bed, those coils are designed to receive that movement and keep it in place, highly reducing the motion and keeping your partner fast asleep, even if they are sleeping light.
The combination of latex and springs give this bed a high level of bounce that should come in handy for sexually active couples and individuals with limited mobility.
Eco-Conscious Materials e
From cover to base, Awara is one of the most eco-friendly beds you’ll find on the market. It is made using natural and organic materials, water-based adhesives, silica flame retardant, and sports multiple environmentally-friendly certifications.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This bed is suitable for any base with a solid foundation, including box springs, slated platforms, or adjustable bases.
Rainforest Alliance Certified
This certification indicates that the natural latex was sourced responsibly and sustainably, checking on the production line from forest to factory to ensure ethical manufacturing.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - The brand offers free shipping and returns within the contiguous United States, with available shipping to Hawaii and Alaska for an additional fee.
- Trial - Customers can enjoy a 365-night trial that permits them to try out this bed and return within that time.
- Warranty - This product is covered by an industry-rare Forever Warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 13”||$1199|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 13”||$1299|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,399|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,499|
|King||76” x 80” x 13"||$1,699|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,699|
The Awara is a latex hybrid that promises a luxurious night’s sleep, and it does not disappoint.
Side sleepers should be able to feel the soft latex reducing pressure in their shoulders and hips, two common areas for pressure build-up in the side sleeper anatomy. It is designed to quickly conform to their more curvy areas and transition them into the support beneath. Being slightly firmer means this should suit heavier side sleepers, but lighter individuals may find it too firm for adequate relief.
Stomach sleepers often have a harder time finding a mattress that fits their needs. Many mattresses cause their hips to sink down into bed due to lack of support. These individuals should find the support they need in the Awara, as the latex is not only comfortable but acts as secondary support to the coils beneath.
Couples rate this bed highly, thanks to motion isolation, edge support, responsiveness, and bounce. Partner disturbance shouldn’t be an issue, and couples can take advantage of using the entire surface of the bed for late-night activities due to the high level of bounce.
Heavier folks should feel adequately supported in all sleeping positions, thanks to the durable and responsive materials. The medium-firmness is a good fit for heavier sleepers, allowing them to sink in for pressure relief but being met with pushback support for the spine. Unlike foam materials that can breakdown over time and bottom-out beneath heavier weights, latex and coils should pass the test of time (which Awara boasts with its Forever Warranty).
Folks weighing less than 130 pounds often find most beds too firm. Awara is on the firmer side, which may not be the best fit for most lighter sleepers, especially those who sleep on their side. While the Euro-top may be plush enough for some lighter back and stomach sleepers, those looking for something softer may want to consider a mattress designed with lighter folks in mind.
We’ve given you lots of information to consider, but hopefully, it gives you a better idea of what Awara has to offer. Premium mattresses can cost thousands more in your local retail store. But by buying directly from the brand, Awara is able to chop those prices down.
So, if you’re looking to fall asleep on luxury, you may not have to look any further than the organic sleep option, Awara.