Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Is the comfort of latex worth the extra money?
The Awara mattress comes from the same company that brought sleepers the Nectar mattress. This is a luxury latex product designed to give sleepers the best night’s dream money can buy. The brand is so sure that you will love this brand, they have provided their customers with a 365- night sleep trial.
Organic latex coupled with springs makes this hybrid a choice selection for those wanting premium materials that are built to give you a great night sleep.
Our in-depth overview of the Awara bed looks at all the features you need from this product. We look at components like firmness and comfort, which we evaluate based on our unique scoring system. This review will also analyze more preference based components like bounce and motion transfer.
So stick around if you want the full scoop or you can skip to the end for our scoring and summary.
You will love the Awara if you:
- Enjoy bounce– The combination of latex and coils set sleepers up for a bouncy experience. And though this is great for sexually active couples, it is also rather useful for combination sleepers looking for facilitated repositioning.
- Want eco-luxury – This product may be more expensive than other brands out there but it is delivering a lot of value. These materials’ certifications show their determination to go green. Organic latex is inside, and organic cotton and natural wool make up the plush cover.
- Sleep hot – Latex is a naturally cool sleeping material. The added bonus of pinholes throughout makes it a breathable option. In addition to this, the soft organic cover is silky cool and helps to further regulate temperature.
You might not like Awara if you:
- Are on a tighter budget – Awara is a luxury brand with a premium price tag. But keeping that in mind, this high-end hybrid is sold competitively less than what you are likely to find in a mattress retail store, especially with this much premium latex. If you are on a tighter budget you can check our budget bed picks here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Awara ships to your home rolled and compressed, so it may need a few hours to take shape before you lay on it. Setup is facilitated with a series of handsewn handles on either side. This makes it easier to lift and set on any base that has a solid foundation, including slatted platforms and adjustable bases.
The top is furnished with a breathable organic cotton pillow-top. Beneath this cotton is a natural wool, that not only fosters surface comfort but also should help wick away moisture and heat. This luxurious cover surrounds the 13 inches of bedding beneath.
- The first layer is topped off with 4 inches of organic, all natural Dunlop latex. This soft, yet durable material provides comfort to the sleeper’s body by conforming to their curves and fostering surface bounce to facilitate repositioning.
- The second layer uses 9 inches of premium 5 zone coils. This delivers a deeper bounce and sustains support and alignment. The 5 zones target specific areas of the body by compressing at varying amounts to foster a neutral sleeping position that distributes weight evenly over the surface.
- Edge Reinforcement is provided by a row of stronger perimeter coils that are designed to support increased weight along the sides.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate the firmness based on our ten point scale. A 1 is the absolute softest while a 10 is as hard as a hammer. The Awara scores at a 6 qualifying this as a medium feeling mattress that supports a gentle cradle when sleeping in it.
The latex on top has a comfortable feel that contours quickly to the sleeper’s body. Beneath this, the coils act as the support center, delivering quality stability that simultaneously sports bounce.
Sleepers should expect a good amount of bounce to spring out of this bed. This feature makes repositioning a cinch for combination sleepers. Because the medium-like firmness the Awara fosters, it is a good option for just about any sleeping position.
The materials in this mattress were designed to conform to back sleeper’s shoulders and hips by filling in the gap that rests between them. Beneath the latex sleepers should find the support of the coil system.
Side sleepers should be able to feel the soft latex reducing pressure in their shoulders and hips, two common areas for pressure build-up in the side sleeper anatomy. It is designed to quickly conform to their more curvy areas and transition them into the support beneath. ‘
Stomach sleepers often have a harder time finding a mattress that fits their needs. Many mattresses cause their hips to sink down into bed, due to lack of support. These individuals should find the support they need in the Awara, as the latex is not only comfortable but acts as secondary support to the coils beneath.
The large majority of customers should enjoy how this bed feels, including larger individuals. However, the company does not specify a weight limit.
Sharing a bed next to someone you care about is wonderful, but sharing a mattress can also have a few downsides. For instance, if your partner wakes accuses you of waking them up whenever you get into bed, you’re either really noisy or dealing with bad motion transfer.
Motion transfer is the amount of movement and how far motion travels across the surface. Considering the amount of bounce in this bed, one might expect it to have poor motion isolation, but it actually does quite well.
Unlike coil beds of olden times, the springs in this mattress are pocketed and separated from one another. So the next time you climb into bed, those coils are designed to receive that movement and keep it in place, highly reducing the motion, and keeping your partner fast asleep.
Some sleeping partners have the habit of taking up most of the bed, leaving the other partner lying along the side of the bed. This is where edge support comes in handy. A bed with strong edges keeps the sleeper level and comfortable when sleeping here, while a bed without edge reinforcement could make you feel like you might stumble onto the floor. To ensure a secure sleeping space, Awara has reinforced edges.
- Trial Period – Customers can enjoy a 365-night trial that permits them to try out this bed and return within that time.
- Warranty – This product is covered by a Forever Warranty
- Shipping – The brand offers free shipping and returns within the contiguous United States, with available shipping to Hawaii and Alaska for an additional fee.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – A service where professionals install your new mattress in your home and remove your old sleep product.
- GOLS Certified – The latex used in this product were certified organic by this credible third party.
- GOTS Certified – This organic certification confirms that the cotton used to make this product was certified organic by this reputable third party.
- eco-INSTITUT Certified –The Dunlop latex used in this mattress passed a series of emissions test that looks for trace amounts of heavy metals and harmful chemicals
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||75” x 39” x 13”||$899|
|Twin XL||80” x 39” x 13”||$999|
|Full||75” x 54” x 13”||$1,099|
|Queen||80” x 60” x 13”||$1,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,399|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,399|
The Awara is a latex hybrid that promises a luxurious night’s sleep, and it does not disappoint.
So, if you’re looking to fall asleep on luxury, you may not have to look any further than the organic sleep option, Awara.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.