Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Want all the bells and whistles without straining your wallet?
Polysleep offers a mattress with reinforced materials to provide enhanced edges, a versatile comfort feel that should suit most sleepers, and a convenient, liquid-repellant cover all at a budget-friendly price. Designed, sourced, and manufactured in Canada, this product should make a great introduction for anyone just getting acquainted with the bed-in-a-box market.
This in-depth Polysleep overview will explain in detail the materials and construction of this mattress. We’ll also provide you with scores based on comfort, feel, and other top mattress-buying considerations.
Read through the review for our comprehensive look at this item to see whether or not it should work for you and your needs. Or skip to the end to see how this product scored and to get our final overview and opinion.
You will love Polysleep if you:
- Are a co-sleeper – Shoppers should notice enhanced edge support thanks to the reinforced foam perimeter, allowing for more usable sleep space. This product should also isolate motion very well, reducing disruption from restless partners.
- Want an extra protective surface – The unique, exclusive mattress cover is designed to repel liquid and moisture to allow for quick and easy clean-up of spills. Anti-microbial foams might help deliver cleaner sleep.
- Are on a tighter budget – Polysleep’s products boast affordable prices that shouldn’t put a strain on your wallet. Those looking for a great entry-level product should enjoy the benefits of this mattress…along with the benefits of its low price! (See more budget picks.)
You might not like Polysleep if you:
- Prefer a classic innerspring feel – There should be much less bounce in this bed than what might be found in an innerspring mattress. However, the fast response from the foams should prevent buyers from feeling stuck in one position while isolating motion really well.
For even more picks, check our top-rated list.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Polysleep is an all-foam product comprised of 3 layers of polyurethane foam that is compressed and boxed for easy shipping. The company recommends placing this bed on a platform base, a box spring, a frame with slats no more than 3 or 4 inches apart.
The cover is designed to repel liquid to make spills easier to clean. The sides of the cover are made of mesh to promote airflow and cooling.
The mattress is a total of 10 inches in height.
- The first layer consists of a Ventilated Viscoelastic Hybrid Foam that is 3 inches thick. This material is designed to be antimicrobial and should help to regulate temperature. According to the company, this material has passed anti-microbial testing required by foams used in hospital settings.
- The second layer features a Soft Support Foam that is 1.5 inches tall. Shoppers should experience even weight distribution and support as this material acts as a comfortable transition between the upper and lower layers.
- The last layer contains a High-Density Support Foam. This final material stands at an estimated 4.5 inches and is meant to provide a stable foundation for the entire mattress.
- The perimeter boasts reinforced polyurethane edges that should create a stable, consistent feel across the entire sleep surface.
Note: The company does not provide full dimensions on their website.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Most shoppers should find this bed feels like a 5-6 on our comfort scale (see our guide). This system ranks beds from 1 to 10, assuming that 1 is the softest and 10 is the firmest. This product should feel medium to medium-firm to most people, which could suit any position depending on the shopper’s personal preference.
The cover should feel soft and smooth as shoppers lie on down on it. There should be minimal sinkage on this bed, with buyers floating on top rather than sinking “into” the mattress. The softer comfort materials provide pressure relief, while the firmer foams should combine to provide ample support.
Some bounce should be present, though not as much as a springy latex or innerspring mattress might provide. The foams should respond quickly, however, allowing for easy repositioning for combination sleepers.
Most back sleepers should enjoy ample lumbar support and even weight distribution that promotes proper spinal alignment.
Most stomach sleepers should find themselves well-support by this mattress, though some who are substantially heavier might experience a sinking in the hips that could push the spine out of alignment. If this is a major concern, a firmer product may be a better option.
The majority of side sleepers should experience soothing pressure relief that prevents too much pushback from building up in the shoulders or hips. This should provide a neutral spine as these body parts sink slightly into the first comfort layer.
The company does not provide a weight limit for this mattress but recommends a firm and stable foundation to enhance support.
This product performs very well in the area of motion control. The layers of foam absorb most vibrations, helping to isolate movement. Couples on the mattress should experience fewer disruptions from restless partners.
Reinforced polyurethane foam running around the outside of the mattress should provide a consistent feel across the entire surface of the bed. There may be some compression when lying on the edge, but the reinforcement works to prevent too much sinkage. This should allow co-sleepers or sprawlers to lie right along the edge without feeling as though they may slip off the mattress.
- Trial Period – The company offers a 100-night trial so you can determine if this mattress is a good fit for you.
- Warranty – This product features a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free within Canada and the contiguous United States. An additional fee is required for orders shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The materials inside this item are certified to have low VOC emissions and chemicals like formaldehyde.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||$595|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||$625|
|Full||54” x 80” x 10”||$695|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$795|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$895|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$895|
Enhanced edge support and motion control should be of great benefit to couples and co-sleepers. A medium to medium-firm feel should create a comfortable sleeping experience to people of all position preferences.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.