In our comparison between the Nectar and the DreamCloud Premier, the 10-inch memory foam bed by Nectar faces off against the 14-inch hybrid.
Memory foam may be the mattress material of choice for many people these days. In 2016, Nectar saw the need in the market for a bed like theirs, so they set out to work and the rest is history. This company has had enormous success selling online at an affordable price point that many Americans are jumping on board with.
The DreamCloud mattress helps you feel like you are resting among the clouds. They offer a luxury bed at an affordable price that can give sleepers the sensation of sinking into something like a cloud.
In terms of size, its a David vs Goliath battle. But does more product mean better comfort? You’ll be the judge as you dive into details and specifications surrounding these products.
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud Premier vs. Nectar
- Relieves pressure
- Traditional memory foam feel
- 365-night trial period
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar gets vacuum sealed and packaged within a thick plastic bag before it is shipped to your residence. It has a memory material design that should wash away even those most annoying pressure points.
The bed’s surface features a poly-blend material that is sewn to memory materials with gel. These materials allow air to pass freely through and wick heat away so sleepers can stay temperature regulated while they snooze. The cover protects the 12 inches of bedding beneath.
- The top is 3 inches of memory foam material that should comfortably contour to your anatomy. Surface heat washes away due to the infusion of gel in this layer.
- The middle layer is made with soft conventional foam. This 2-inch-thick material fosters a facilitated transition for your body as it sinks into the thicker foundation of the bed.
- The bottom layer is 7 inches of standard conventional foam that gives the bed a durable base.
DreamCloud Premier Construction
This memory foam hybrid mattress is shipped either rolled up in a bag or with professional delivery, depending on your preference. The 2-inch luxury cashmere euro cover is stuffed with two layers of plush memory foam for optimal pressure relief and comfort.
The bed stands a whopping 14 inches tall and comprises five layers, including the two foam layers in the cover.
- Below the EuroTop Cover are 2.5 inches of soft foam for additional pressure relief. This comfort layer provides a cushion for your body to relieve sensitive pressure points, like the shoulders and hips.
- The support layer also functions as the base foam layer and is built with one inch of conventional foam. The base adds resistance, so you shouldn’t feel the coils or sink too deeply into the bed.
- The individually wrapped coils located at the bottom of the bed are 8.5 inches tall. The unit contains inner and perimeter coils for optimum edge support on all sides. These should also help limit motion transfer while making sure you’re well-supported.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Both products score in the medium range on our scale that rates firmness between 1 and 10, with a 10 being hard as a rock. Medium beds tend to work well for the largest variety of body types and sleeping positions. DreamCloud Premier scores at a 5.5, while the Nectar has a score of 6.5.
These beds feel pretty similar in regards to support and cushioning depth. Both beds should hold you in a deeper hug, though that feel will have more bounce in the hybrid.
DreamCloud Premier has a Plush and Lux feeling that leaves sleepers comfortably cushioned, while Nectar should really contours to each curve of your anatomy. Either should keep the body well supported in all positions and both leave folks sleeping comfortably throughout the night.
Back sleepers should feel the materials of either of these options filling the gaps between their shoulders and hips. Nectar might conforms slightly closer to the body, but DreamCloud Premier provides a cloudlike pillow top feel.
Side sleepers probably will sink down into Nectar and find that the foams comfortably support their hips and shoulders. Premier fosters a similar experience but provides a nice mix of comforting foams and supportive springs.
Some stomach sleepers might like the Nectar a bit more because of its added firmness, but those who prefer an exceptionally firm mattress may consider a different option altogether.
Whereas combinations sleepers may lean towards the hybrid because it offers better responsiveness in the deeper layers to facilitate repositioning.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The Nectar has next to zero bounce, but the inner layers that give sleepers a firmer foundation to push off of when repositioning. The top layers cradle sleepers in a deep hug that should keep them sleeping comfortably all night long.
The hybrid has an medium amount of bounce. The foam layers do suck up some of the buoyancy on top, but springs provide a good deeper level response that repositioning sleepers should enjoy. The top 5.5 inches are finished with comforting materials that should allow sleepers to sink into the bed a bit.
Comparing Motion Transfer
The movements of an active sleeper can transfer across the surface and wake a partner or a child. This is why a bed with good motion isolation can be key for some couples who share a bed. Sometimes there is a clear winner and when comparing these two products the Nectar steals the show.
Memory foam is typically the mattress makers material of choice when trying to create a product that isolates motion, and Nectar with its pure foam design rocks in this area. With that in mind, DreamCloud Premier stands its ground pretty well. Although a hybrid with springs, it performs better than many other innerspring compressed bedding options.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support can be influential for folks who wind up sleeping on the edge because at some point during the night their partner gained more than their fair share of sleeping space. Although not ideal, a bed with good edge support should allow people in this situation to sleep right up to the side.
Premier has the upper hand here. The hybrid has a strong coils support system. Nectar has no specific edge reinforcement, but for an all foam bed, their product performs above average and should keep folks sleeping securely along the edge.
Nectar vs. DreamCloud Premier Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted to memory foam||CASHEX cashmere blend|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils|
|Cooling||Gel in the memory foam layer, breathable cover||Gel foam, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||365 Nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Ships to the contiguous U.S., White Glove Service is optional|
|Made in the USA||No||No|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or DreamCloud Premier?
Two uniquely different products, but both a quality option. So which is the winner? Here are a few final notes.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- Superb motion isolation. Foam is the supreme ruler of motion isolation when it comes to mattress materials. Most couples should be left unaware of any movements made by their sleeping partner.
- Great value. Memory materials can cost thousands of dollars when buying from a mattress retail store. Its price point is an extremely competitive option for memory material, especially when you add the value their year-long trial and warranty deal.
- Classic memory foam. If you want your bed to give you that deep hug that leaves you sleeping through the night, Nectar should provide excellent pressure relief.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- An affordable luxury hybrid. As far as hybrids go, the DreamCloud about has it all. Incorporating memory materials, polyfoam, and coils into its 14-inch build, this product is prepared to offer great support and pressure relief.
- Sturdy Edges. With a reinforced perimeter, sleepers should be able to stretch out and maximize their sleeping surface.
- Premium pressure relief. According to the brand, this mattresses’ design is backed with scientific studies. The comforting foams should comfortably conform to your shape and pocket coils were manufactured to target pressure points to better foster relief in joints and curves.
Buyers remorse is real, that's why the purpose of this article is to help consumers make a well-informed decision before dropping a mattress into your virtual shopping cart.
This has been a tough comparison. Both beds offer exceptional value when considering their price and the materials used. To make things harder, both provide a 365-day trial and forever warranty. The choice is truly up to the customer.
If reaching a decision still feels impossible, take a look at our in-depth written reviews on both of these products. Hopefully, they can ease your conscious.