Two hybrids with two very different construction styles battle it out in our comparison between DreamCloud Premier and Saatva.
Will you prefer the DreamCloud Premier, a quality product offered by one of the first luxury bed-in-a-box companies? Or Saatva’s luxury mattress that stays classic in the online industry by avoiding compression?
Get a closer look at each product with our individual in-depth reviews:
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud Premier vs. Saatva
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
- Classic innerspring feel
- Affordable luxury
- Quality construction
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
The DreamCloud Premiere is a hybrid mattress that ships rolled up in a box and can be delivered with no contact. The luxury 2-inch quilted euro cover is made of a cashmere blend and is filled with two layers of plush memory foam for pressure relief.
The bed stands 14 inches tall and is made up of five layers, including the two memory foam layers in the euro top cover.
- Below the Cover is 2.5 inches of polyfoam for additional comfort. This layer helps provide a cushion for your body to relieve pressure points and acts as a transitional layer between the cover and the base layer.
- The support layer is made up of one inch of standard conventional foam and is also considered the base foam layer of the bed. The base is made to provide extra resistance, so you shouldn’t feel the coils directly or sink deeply into the bed.
- The individually wrapped coils are located in the very bottom layer, standing 8.5 inches thick. The coil unit involves both inner and perimeter coils for optimum edge support on all sides. As the coils are individually wrapped, they should help limit motion transfer by compressing individually only where there is excessive pressure, making sure you’re well-supported but also protecting pressure points.
This innerspring mixes two coil units with memory materials.
The cover is a 3-inch Euro Top that has been treated with GuardinⓇ to prohibit bacteria and promote a cleaner sleep experience. This mattress comes in 14.5 and 11.5-inch heights, we will focus on the 14.5-inch version so as to be most consistent with the 15-inch DreamCloud Premier. Differences between the two Saatva products will be noted below.
- The first layer contains a lumbar support enhancement. This system combines memory materials and wires to promote lumbar support and pressure relief.
- The second layer is a system of individually wrapped coils. The coils should pushback or compress as needed for individualized responsiveness. These coils also help promote breathability by providing better airflow.
- The bottom layer consists of steel coil base support. This uses recycled steel to create durable support for the upper layers.
- The perimeter uses a dual perimeter edge support made of high-density foam to provide consistency throughout the entire sleep surface and reduce sagging.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using a scale of 1-10, we have determined the comfort level of both mattresses, assuming 1 is soft as a cloud and 10 is firm as cement. Both brands have earned a Medium score, though the DreamCloud Premier may be a hair softer.
Comfort often depends on the sleeper and how they experience the bed, but most should find this level to be a true medium or perhaps a slight medium-firm, making it great for all sleep preferences.
DreamCloud Premier should feel plush at first, as you lie on the luxurious EuroTop cover. The coil system features individually wrapped coils that stand firm beneath the feet and head and compress beneath the shoulders and hips. The materials should reform quickly to aid in easy repositioning.
Saatva features a plush pillow top and a unique lumbar support layer that should promote proper spinal alignment. The foams should respond quickly, with a slightly slower response in the lumbar layer.
The durable coil systems in each product should work well to aid in the repositioning of combination sleepers and to support shoppers with considerable weight concerns.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
DreamCloud Premier might lend itself to slightly more sinkage than Saatva, which offers a gentler cradle than the former's deeper hug. If you prefer to rest more “in” your mattress, steer towards the cloud, but a more “on the top” preference should elect the dual coil system.
Both should provide moderate bounce and quickly responding materials. This should prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” in the materials. The foams reform easily as sleepers move around, which should aid in repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both of these options use individually pocketed coils and layers of dampening materials to help isolate movement, they both land between all-foam and innersprings in this category. Shoppers should notice much less motion transfer than might be present in an innerspring bed, but more than can be found in a typical all-foam construction.
While both brands feature coil systems, Saatva contains less foam than DreamCloud overall. Premier may absorb more energy because of this and might be a good fit for shoppers who consider motion control a major concern.
Comparing Edge Support
DreamCloud Premier may show slight compression when sitting on the edge, with more stability when lying on it. The upper materials should collapse beneath your weight and stabilize once the reinforced coils around the edges become activated.
Skipping the compression method, Saatva’s reinforced foam edges should provide enhanced support, especially when compared to most bed-in-a-box, all-foam products which tend to compress a lot more. There should be less compression when sitting or lying as the reinforcement is positioned higher in the mattress.
Most shoppers do not consider edge support to be a top priority. Those who do may want to consider Saatva as there seems to be less overall edge compression from this bed.
DreamCloud Premier vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||CASHEX cashmere blend||Cotton and comfort foam Euro Top treated with GuardinⓇ|
|Materials||Memory and polyfoams paired with innersprings.||Memory foam, pocket coils, steel coils, reinforced foam perimeter|
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Double coil systems|
|Sinkage||Deeper Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes, only the 11.5-inch|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free in the contiguous United States, Ships to Alaska and Hawaii, White Glove service is also free in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes, a factory in Canada serves those customers|
|Size||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||n/a||$2,450|
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Saatva?
Which hybrid system should you choose? Let’s dive into our suggestions for which types of sleepers will be best-served by each bed.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- A luxury feel and exceptional value. Multiple layers of pressure-relieving foam, a cashmere blend cover, and a plush EuroTop should have any shopper feeling spoiled in luxury at an affordable price.
- Thicker foam with cooling technology. This product uses gel-infused materials and a breathable cover to prevent overheating despite the dense, thick layers.
- Enhanced motion control. This product should absorb most movement, minimizing disruption from restless co-sleepers. This, along with the enhanced edge support, should make this a great match for couples.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Customizable features. Want a tall mattress or something short and sleek? With two different options, shoppers can choose from the height and thickness that works best for them. Shoppers may also choose between three different comfort options, so there are customizable options.
- Exceptional edge support. Whether you cling to the edge when sleeping, share your bed with pets, or just like to sit at the foot of the bed to put your shoes on, the reinforced foam in this product should make this a great choice for you.
- An allergy-resistant cover. The Euro Top cover features an antimicrobial treatment, which the company claims will help eliminate allergens and bacteria.
Both mattresses offer a gentle cradle with lots of bounce and a quick response time. They both offer a range of comfort levels, making each brand a great fit for combination sleepers and most position preferences.
To learn more about the differences between these two products, check out our in-depth reviews.
Or, for even more options, check out our top bed picks.