Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Hybrid or all-foam dual-sided choice: Which construction should suit you best?
DreamCloud boasts 100 years of combined sleep industry experience and uses that knowledge to guarantee their products for life. Zenhaven is a Saatva brand that works to give back to their community through the more ecologically responsible manufacturing of their natural products.
This battle between DreamCloud and Zenhaven will break down a hybrid versus an all-foam construction and give suggestions for which sleepers these two brands fit best.
For more information on each brand, check out our in-depth reviews:
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud vs. Zenhaven
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
- The third layer contains a 1.5-inch memory foam swirled with cooling gel to provide contouring that shouldn't overheat.
- The fourth layer consists of 2.5 inches of support foam that stands between the comfort layers and the coils to ease transition.
- The fifth layer is where coils are introduced, and these stand 8 inches high and are individually wrapped for motion isolation and tailored support.
- The sixth layer boasts another layer of foam under the coils to support them.
This latex bed is shipped ready-to-use. Zenhaven does not compress or roll-pack their products before shipping.
The cotton cover has a 1-inch temperature regulating wool fire barrier quilted into it. The total height of this mattress is 10 inches.
This mattress is double-sided and comes in two different comfort levels. We will approach the construction as though the Gentle Firm side were facing up.
- The top layer is a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. This is a comfort system featuring 5 zones that offer support for lighter areas of the body and pressure relief for heavier areas such as the hips or shoulders. This should distribute weight evenly and reduce poor spinal alignment.
- The second layer contains a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This is a Talalay latex that should provide a lot of bounce, fostering easy repositioning.
- The third layer is made up of 3 inches of Natural Latex Plush Base Layer. When the mattress is flipped, this becomes the second layer and should provide a Luxury Plush feel.
- The base layer is comprised of 1.5 inches of Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer. This should offer soft pressure relief and gentle support when flipping the bed to use this as the top layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our scale of 1-10, in which 1 is super Soft and 10 should feel incredibly Firm, we rate DreamCloud as a Medium 5.5. Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush comes in at 4.5, while the company’s Gentle Firm has earned a 7 on this scale.
Sleepers looking for a Medium feel should prefer the hybrid, a great option for people of all position preferences. The multiple comfort options available in the latex mattress could suit shoppers looking for a Soft feel, which may appeal to side sleepers, or a Medium-Firm experience, likely to be preferred by stomach sleepers.
DreamCloud’s hybrid should feel soft and luxurious as you first lie down on the EuroTop. This plush feel then combines with the firmly supportive coils for an overall Medium feel. This mattress also features memory comfort to provide compression where your body needs it most.
Zenhaven’s cover should feel soft and comfortable as you nestle into this product’s zoned comfort that should provide support or pressure relief as-needed. Both beds should provide a quick response, though Zenhaven may recover a touch faster.
Both brands should work well for shoppers with significant weight concerns. The hybrid’s coils should provide sturdy support and the Gentle Firm Z should offer enhanced support and durability over the Luxury Plush.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The DreamCloud should provide a deeper hug with contoured pressure relief. You should notice moderate bounce from the coils and the materials should reshape relatively quick.
Zenhaven’s Plush side should allow for a deep hug, while the Firm option should keep you floating on top of the mattress. This allows the sleeper to choose their favorite level of sinkage by simply flipping the bed. There should be moderate bounce and a quick response from the materials.
Either of these beds should suit combination sleepers very well as they should allow for easy repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Comparing Edge Support
Most people do not consider edge support a top priority. For co-sleepers or sprawlers who like to utilize every bit of their sleep surface, a sturdy edge can be a major concern. Both brands should perform well in this area, remaining consistent when sleeping along the edge, though shopper looking for enhanced stability may want to opt for the DreamCloud’s coil support system as the coils around the outer edge are reinforced.
DreamCloud vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||Cotton and wool|
|Materials||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Wool, aerated latex|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle/Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy DreamCloud or Zenhaven?
So, how does all of this information pertain to you?
Read our suggestions below to see which mattress should work best depending on a few top mattress-buying concerns.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. Polyfoam, memory foam, and coils bring together the best worlds of an all-foam and innerspring mattress so you don’t have to choose.
- A luxury feel at an affordable price. The Plush comfort foams and EuroTop cover should feel luxurious and inviting, but the price point shouldn’t put a strain on your wallet.
- A Medium feel. This bed should offer a Medium comfort level with a deep hug, body-conforming support, and a quick response time.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- A latex experience. The all latex construction of this mattress should provide bounce and pressure relief.
- Temperature regulation. Both options feature cooling materials, but the wool cover of this mattress should also promote temperature control in hotter and colder weather. This should keep the sleeper from feeling too hot or too cold.
- Two beds in one. Shoppers can flip this mattress to experience either a Soft, deep hug or a Medium-Firm gentle cradle.
Both mattresses should make a great choice for sleepers of all position preferences. Those looking for a gentle cradle and a Medium feel should opt for the DreamCloud. Fans of a Soft feel or anyone looking for a little variety will likely prefer Zenhaven.
Be sure to check out our in-depth reviews for a comprehensive analysis of each bed.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.