Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
All-foam or hybrid? Deep hug or gentle cradle? What does it all mean?
This Zenhaven vs. WinkBed comparison will explain the key features of each mattress, along with providing suggestions for who each product should be best-suited for. Zenhaven, made by Saatva, aims to provide high-quality items at affordable prices. WinkBed believes good sleep is the key to good health and has designed a mattress meant to provide it.
When you’re finished reading the following comparison, head over to our in-depth reviews for a more comprehensive analysis of each bed:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven and WinkBed
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Sleepadvisor200 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Shoppers should enjoy the benefits of this ready-to-use latex mattress that ships without being compressed.
This 10-inch mattress boasts a cotton cover with 1 inch of temperature-regulating wool quilted into it. This is a double-sided item with a Gentle Firm and Luxury Plush side. We will describe the construction as if the Gentle Firm setting is being used, as that should be the most versatile.
- The top layer holds a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. This features 5 comfort zones that should provide pressure relief and support in different areas.
- The second layer consists of a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This Talalay latex material is designed to provide solid bounce and support.
- The third layer contains a 3-inch thick Natural Latex Plush Base Layer. When the bed is flipped to the Luxury Plush setting, this material should provide a softer feel and gentle pressure relief.
- The final layer is a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer that acts as a plush comfort setting when used as the top layer of this bed.
This coil and foam hybrid ships compressed in a box.
The Tencel and stretch-knit fabric cover should promote a cool sleep experience.
This mattress is available in Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus models. Most versions of this product are 15 inches in height, but the Softer model is 16 inches tall. We will discuss the construction of Luxury Firm, as that should be most consistently accommodative.
- The first layer contains a Medium-Firm Euro-Pillow Top, the comfort level of this pillow top should vary across the different models. This section is made up of 1-inch Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam (2 inches in the Softer model) and 1-inch Premium Gel Foam, which should prevent overheating.
- The second layer boasts a Breathable Micro Air-Spring system that is 2.4 inches tall. The coils should promote airflow and are meant to provide pressure relief as they react independently to the sleeper’s weight and position.
- The third layer holds a LumbarLayer that is .75 inches thick. This is designed to support the lower back to promote proper spinal alignment. This section is slightly thicker in the Softer option.
- The fourth layer consists of an 8-inch Individually Wrapped Coil system. These springs feature 7 zoned comfort areas that should provide more solid support to the head and feet, and more pressure relief to the hips and shoulders.
- The base layer holds a Support Foam at a 2-inch thickness that should help to absorb motion from the upper coils and provides a stable foundation for the entire bed.
Note: The construction of the Plus model varies slightly to provide a sturdier product.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our comfort scale utilizes a system of 1-10 to determine how each item should feel to most shoppers. This system indicates a bed with a score of 1 should feel incredibly soft, while a 10 should be quite firm.
Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm side has earned a score of 7. Luxury Plush should feel medium to medium-soft with its 4.5 score. Side sleepers may prefer the softer comfort option, while the firmer level may be preferable to stomach sleepers as this should prevent the spine from becoming misaligned due to too much sinkage in the hips.
WinkBed sits at 6.5 on the comfort scale, which should feel medium-firm to most buyers. Side sleepers or anyone seeking a softer comfort level may enjoy the Softer model, which has a score of 4.5. The Firmer version is ranked at 7.5 and the Plus option has a score of 8.
Both beds should contain materials that respond quickly, which should ensure that combination sleepers have no difficulties moving around. Either mattress should perform well for shoppers with considerable weight concerns, though WinkBed’s Plus might be the way to go if a higher weight limit is a top priority.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Zenhaven’s plush side should provide a deep hug that allows buyers to sink into the bed, but Gentle Firm has more of a gentle cradle. The wool inside the cover and moderate levels of bounce should eliminate feeling “stuck” or overheating.
WinkBed should gently cradle the sleeper, keeping them on top of the materials. This product should provide minimal bounce in the upper levels, with more moderate bounce pushing back from deeper in the bed.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Because of the springy nature of the latex and the moderate levels of bounce, Zenhaven may allow for more motion transfer memory foam, yet still peform well here overall. Despite the two coil systems, WinkBed should do well to minimize motion transfer thanks to the dense memory foam materials on the top and bottom of this mattress, especially when compared to a classic innerspring construction. Still, if enhanced motion control is important to you due to a restless partner, Zenhaven may edge WinkBed simply based on its all-foam nature.
Comparing Edge Support
Either bed should provide good edge support, especially when compared to other bed-in-a-box products. There may be deeper compression in the all-foam Zenhaven, however. So, if enhanced edge support is a key consideration, the WinkBed should be the way to go as its reinforced foam edges and coil systems should provide more stable support with less compression.
Zenhaven vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Stretch-nit, Tencel fabric
|Materials||Talalay latex||Coils and foam|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Tencel fabric, cooling gels, pocketed coils, two coil systems|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradling|
|Bounce||Moderate||Minimal in upper levels, Moderate deeper bounce|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Free in the contiguous United States, White Glove delivery optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or WinkBed?
It’s go-time! Which mattress is the bed of your dreams? Read the below suggestions to find out which product should suit your individual sleeping style the best.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Two beds for the price of one. Shoppers can experiment with the Luxury Plush or Gentle Firm sides to find the comfort option that works best for their specific needs.
- Zoned comfort. Softer relief should be available for the feet and head, while the torso and shoulders should experience more firm support.
- A deep hug. Buyers should sink deeply into this mattress, while the temperature-regulating wool cover and a solid level of bounce should prevent overheating or difficult repositioning.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus models are available to ensure that each shopper finds the mattress that caters to their individual needs.
- Zoned comfort. This mattress features zoned comfort materials that should provide ample support for the head and feet, with more gentle relief for the hip and shoulder areas that typically burrow into the bed when the sleeper is lying on their side.
- A gentle cradle. Minimal sinkage and cooling technologies should combine to create a cool and breezy sleep experience.
Both beds feature multiple comfort options and zoned support. Zenhaven should be ideal for people looking for a deep hug and a convenient double-sided product. WinkBed should appeal to shoppers who prefer a gentle cradle and a hybrid feel.
Read through our in-depth reviews for each model for a closer work at the inner workings of each bed. Or check out our list of top models and brands.
Author: Jill Thompson
I've been self-employed for almost four years and I would not change it for anything! I believe that anyone can achieve their goals with the right attitude and determination.
I'm an avid traveler (25+ countries and counting) that loves to meet new people doing amazing things.
When I'm not researching for the Sleep Advisor, you can find me reading, running, traveling, golfing, or meditating.
I wish you the very best on your journey!