It’s the battle of the hybrids in this Alexander and WinkBed comparison.
Nest Bedding aims for excellent and friendly customer service. WinkBed believes their company is an important factor in overall health, not just sleep. Both brands offer a luxury feel at an affordable price that is confidently backed up by a lifetime guarantee.
Here you will find information detailing how these two items compare and contrast. We will also provide you with our suggestions as to who should be best-served by each mattress.
Check out the comparison guide below and then head over to our in-depth reviews for a detailed analysis of each product:
Quick Comparison: Alexander Signature Hybrid and WinkBed
SLEEPADVISOR12 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
SLEEPADVISOR300 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Alexander Signature Hybrid Construction
This hybrid model combines foam and coils. It is boxed and compressed for shipping.
The cover of this 14-inch bed features Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory Foam quilted into it to create a 1-inch cover that promotes sinkage and cooling.
- The top layer contains a 3-inch Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam. You should notice an immediate responsiveness from this cutting-edge material.
- The next layer holds a 1-inch SmartFlow Support Foam. This is meant to serve as a transitional and supportive layer before the coils.
- The innerspring layer is an 8-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coil system. The coils should provide stability to the entire mattress while minimizing motion transfer and enhancing edge support.
- The base consists of an additional 1-inch of supportive foam.
This is a foam and coil hybrid that is shipped rolled and compressed in a box.
This mattress uses a sustainable Tencel that’s designed to feel silky smooth and cool. The Luxury Firm option for this bed is 13.5 inches high, and there is likely some variation among the different firmness choices available. We will focus on the Luxury Firm construction and note differences between the company’s other products as applicable.
- The top layer contains a medium-firm Eurotop that holds 2 inches of gel foam. This should promote pressure relief and cooling.
- The second layer is made up of a 2.5-inch layer of SupportCell foam for added comfort and ease as you transition to the coils below.
- The innerspring layer is comprised of 8-inch pocketed coils. This system features 5 comfort zones that are meant to push back or compress depending on body weight and position for optimal support and pressure relief.
- The base is a 1-inch support foam that should help to stabilize the mattress and dampen movement.
These specifications are in reference to the company’s standard mattresses. They also offer the Plus, which should provide enhanced stability for shoppers with considerable weight concerns.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We have used a 1-10 scale to rank the comfort and firmness feels of these two beds. This system sees 1 as the softest possible and 10 would feel very firm. Both brands offer multiple comfort levels.
The Signature’s Medium has earned a 5.5, which should feel like a true Medium, or perhaps slightly Medium-Firm. The Plush ranks at a 2.5 and the Firm features a score of 8.5.
WinkBed’s Luxury Firm has been given a 6.5, a little more on the Medium-Firm side of the spectrum. The Soft holds a score of 4.5, the Firm a 7.5, and the Plus an 8.
Along with these varying comfort levels, each bed should offer a slightly different feel. Alexander should feature enhanced pressure relief from the TitanChil Endurance Foam® and individually pocketed coils that should pushback or compress with your body weight. The WinkBed features a coil unit with 5 support zones that should offer enhanced support and spinal alignment.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both brands offer moderate bounce, though the way this feature behaves is different for each. The Signature should provide good overall bounce while Winkbed should offer a deeper level bounce.
The Signature should offer a deep hug as you sink into the upper comfort materials. WinkBed should provide a gentle cradle, keeping you closer to the top of the mattress.
Both beds should work well for combination sleepers as the bounce offered by both promotes easy repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Co-sleepers looking to minimize disruptions from restless partners should find either item satisfactory in the area of motion control. The individually pocketed coils and multiple layers of dense materials in each product should isolate motion. Most buyers are not concerned with motion transfer, but co-sleepers should find this a definite plus.
Comparing Edge Support
Both coil units in the Alexander and WinkBed are designed to reinforce the edges of the bed and should allow you to lie right on the edge of your bed without compromising support. Both items perform exceptionally well in this area.
Alexander Signature Hybrid and WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Alexander Signature Hybrid||WinkBed|
|Cover||Gel-Infused memory foam and Thermic Phase Change fabric||Tencel|
|Materials||TitanChil Endurance Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocketed Coils, Polyfoam|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Exceptional||Minimal, Moderate Deep Level Bounce|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the U.S. and Canada, free within the contiguous United States, White Glove service can be arranged||Free within the continental United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Alexander Signature Hybrid Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Alexander Signature Hybrid or WinkBed?
Both products offer distinct similarities, a hybrid nature, multiple comfort options, enhanced edge support.
Where you may favor one over the other will likely lie in the smaller, more personal preferences. Sinkage, bounce, zones, and cooling properties may be your deciding factor.
We Would Recommend Buying Alexander Signature Hybrid if You are Looking for:
- All-foam comfort with enhanced cooling technologies. Cooling gels, pocketed coils, and phase changing technology combine to promise a cool sleep experience despite the deep hug of the foam.
- Personalized comfort options. With split King and Cali products available, buyers can design a mattress that truly is the best of both worlds. This company guarantees comfort for the life of the product and will work with you to swap out beds for discounts should your needs change.
- A deep hug. If you would rather sleep “in” your mattress you should opt for this item which provides a deep level of pressure relieving sinkage.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Customized support. A zoned design works to provide more compression for heavier body parts like the shoulders and hips to reduce aches and pains while pressing back on lighter areas to promote even weight distribution and a neutral spine.
- Extra bounce. The coils should provide an enhanced bounce to keep you moving around easily on this bed.
- A gentle cradle. You should notice much less sinkage with this item, resulting in a gentle cradle. You may prefer this option if you like to float closer to the top of the bed.
Whichever item you decide on, you can sleep well knowing you’ll have plenty of customization options at your fingertips. Mix and match comfort levels, opt for a bed with enhanced stabilization, choose cooling properties or zoned support.
We encourage buyers to check out our in-depth reviews for more insight into these two great products.