Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
This battle between the Alexander Signature Hybrid and Casper will dive into two beds that offer quality materials and adaptability.
Nest Bedding proudly stands by their line, promising comfort for as long as you own your mattress. Casper is devoted to the mattress industry, collaborating with retail locations for hands-on experience and partnering with Target to bring the bed-in-a-box industry into retail stores.
Which product will end up winning your heart? It may all come down to some very personal preferences.
Do you need a little more motion control or edge support? Does a deep hug strike your fancy or do you prefer a gentle cradle?
Check out our comparison below and head over to our full in-depth reviews for more information on each product:
Quick Comparison: Alexander Hybrid and Casper
SLEEPADVISOR8 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Quick responsiveness
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Alexander Signature Hybrid Construction
This item is a foam and coil hybrid, that ships compressed in a box.
The polyester and cotton blended cover of this 14-inch mattress has Super Soft Quilted Thermic Phase Change Fabric and Gel Infused Memory Foam quilted into it to create a 1.5-inch topper that should prevent overheating.
- The top layer contains a 1.5-inch TitanChil Endurance Foam. This material should help to prevent overheating and provide comfort and support.
- The second layer has a 1.5-inch Copper Infused Energex Foam. The copper inside should help to conduct heat further from the sleeper to prevent you from sleeping hot.
- The third layer holds a SmartFlow Support Foam coming in at a 1 inch thick. Punched holes and a breathable material are meant to provide airflow to further help prevent overheating.
- The bottom layer contains 8-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils. The Quantum Edge should provide enhanced edge support while the coils add stability to the entire mattress.
This is an all-foam product that is shipped compressed in a box.
This 10-inch mattress features a polyester cover that can be removed with a convenient zipper.
- The top layer is comprised of 1.5 inches of breathable Open-Cell Foam. This is a proprietary material that is meant to promote airflow which could help prevent overheating.
- The second layer is made up of 1.5 inches of High-Density Memory Foam. This should provide support and pressure relief.
- The third layer contains 1.5 inches of Zoned Transition Foam. The zoned areas are meant to provide varying levels of Firm, Medium, and Soft feels for exceptional comfort, spinal alignment, and pressure relief.
- The bottom layer consists of 5 inches of Durable Support Foam. This provides stability and durability for the entire bed.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Both mattresses land very closely on the Firmness scale (learn more here) with the Alexander Medium at a 5-6 and Casper has a 6. This scale assumes that 1 is feather soft while 10 should feel rock firm. Because of these versatile comfort levels, both options should appeal to most back, stomach, or side sleepers depending on comfort preference.
Alexander offers multiple Firmness options so shoppers can choose a feel that best suits them, and Casper’s zoned design should offer personalized pressure relief that adapts to the sleeper’s weight and position.
Those who do prefer a slightly Softer experience, like side sleepers who require less pushback on the shoulders and hips, for example, may prefer the Hybrid as it comes in just slightly plusher at a 5-6.
Shoppers with significant weight concerns can check out the Alexander Luxury Firm or the Casper Wave options as they should provide a little extra support. Alexander also comes in a Plush version for those who prefer an even Softer feel.
The Alexander should have a somewhat slower response time than the Casper, though deeper layers should respond quicker than the upper layers. The Casper materials should reshape quickly when compressed. A faster response time should allow the materials to reshape quickly as you move around, allowing for easier repositioning.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
This is the area where these two products will likely differ the most. The Signature should provide a deep hug, more like the traditional memory feel, while the Casper should present with a gentle cradle. Those who like to sleep “in” the mattress might opt for Alexander, while those who want to stay “on top” might prefer the other.
Both items should provide moderate bounce which should ease in repositioning. Anyone who considers this a major concern might want to opt for Casper as its upper layers tends to be a little springier and more responsive.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both of these beds should provide excellent motion control. The Alexander’s hybrid construction may contain higher amounts of movement due to the coils, but the coils are individually pocketed, which should help to absorb the movement more than a traditional innerspring would.
Either product should perform well in this area, but those with motion control as a very significant priority, such as co-sleepers with restless partners, may want to opt for the vibration dampening, all-foam Casper product.
Comparing Edge Support
The Alexander mattress should offer exceptional edge support when lying or sitting at the edge because of the sturdy Quantum Edge coil system. The Casper also performs better than the industry standard. Its sturdy layers should provide a consistent feel when lying at the edge, while a slightly deeper compression may be noticed while sitting, though this is not usually a dealbreaker for most shoppers.
Overall, either option should satisfy buyers in this area. Those who value this feature very significantly may opt for the Alexander as it’s Quantum Edge coils may give a little extra support when either lying or sitting at the edge of the bed.
Alexander Hybrid vs. Casper Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Alexander Signature Hybrid||Casper|
|Cover||Cotton and polyester blend with Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory Foam quilted in||Polyester|
|Materials||TitanChil Endurance Foam, Copper Infused Energex Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Open-Cell Foam, High-Density Memory Foam, Zoned Transition Foam, Durable Support Foam|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Open-Cell Foam|
|Sinkage||Gentle cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping is free in the contiguous United States. A fee is added for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or internationally. White Glove service can be arranged via phone orders.||This item ships free to the United States, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territory and Nunavut. White Glove service is available for shoppers in the contiguous United States and southern Ontario, Canada.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Most materials are made in the USA, the protector is assembled in Mexico.|
|Size||Alexander Signature Hybrid Price (w/o discount)||Casper Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||$899||N/A|
|Split King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
|Split Cali King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
Should I Buy the Signature Hybrid or the Casper?
After rounding up all the pertinent information and key features, which of these two options is best for you?
Both items should provide similar levels of support, bounce, and motion control. Your preference may lie in sinkage level, construction, or cooling capabilities. Check out the recommendations below for an idea of who each mattress should suit best.
We Would Recommend Buying Alexander if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced cooling. Multiple layers of cooling materials with technology, gels, and copper promote a cool sleep experience. Breathable and aerated lower layers help to promote airflow.
- A deep hug. If you like to sleep “in” your mattress you should enjoy the deep hug and body-contouring provided by this bed.
- A premium hybrid experience. Comfort layers and individually pocketed coils combine to bring together the sinkage and pressure relief with the support of the coils.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- A gentle cradle. You should find yourself sleeping more “on top” of this mattress with much less sinkage than with the Alexander.
- An adaptable all-foam construction. The foams inside this product are zoned to adapt to your weight and position. This should provide ample back support and pressure relief as-needed. Co-sleepers should enjoy a personalized feel as the materials compress or pushback to suit their individual needs.
- Enhanced motion control. Those with restless partners or pets should enjoy the minimal motion transfer provided by this mattress thanks to the denser layers that should help to dampen energy.
Sleepers of most styles should find either brand suitable for their needs thanks to the Signature’s multiple comfort options and Casper’s universal comfort level. Where these products differ are in the nitty-gritty personal preference areas that are often vastly different from person to person. Check out our in-depth Alexander and Casper mattress reviews for a deeper dive into each product.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.