Torn between the Alexander and the Zenhaven?
We’ve got your back with this comparison guide that will break down the key features and materials of each bed and provide our thoughts on who we think they are best suited for. Will you opt for the soothing cool of the Signature Hybrid or the dual-sided comfort of the Zenhaven mattress?
We’ll take a close look at Nest Bedding’s Hybrid option — which promises a long-lasting luxury experience at an affordable price with their Lifetime Comfort Guarantee — and Saatva’s latex bed designed by sleepers who believe a good night’s rest shouldn’t break the bank.
Read our comparison below and then check out the individual reviews for more information:
Quick Comparison: Alexander Signature Hybrid and Zenhaven
SLEEPADVISOR8 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Alexander Signature Hybrid Construction
This product is a foam and coil hybrid, bed-in-a-box item.
This 14-inch mattress features a cover with Thermic Phase Change fabric and 1-inch of Gel-Infused Memory Foam quilted into it, a material purposed towards preventing overheating.
- The top layer is comprised of a 3-inch TitanChil Endurance Foam. This hyper-elastic material should provide immediate responsiveness as you change positions.
- The second layer holds a 1-inch SmartFlow Support Foam. This material acts as a supportive buffer between the comfort layers and support coils below.
- The innerspring layer consists of 8-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils. The outer row of coils should keep the entire mattress feeling well-supported, right up to the edge.
- The base features an additional 1-inch of supportive foam.
This product is a latex mattress with a unique shipping method considering the popular bed-in-a-box market. Zenhaven promises their beds are not compressed when shipped and will arrive ready to use.
This 10-inch mattress features a cotton cover with a 1-inch layer of wool quilted into it to promote temperature regulation and moisture wicking. The following specifications assume Gentle Firm is face up, but flipping the mattress results in a Luxury Plush feel.
- The top layer contains a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. This section contains 5 zones that are meant to provide customized support, Firmer for lighter areas like the head or feet and Softer for heavier areas like the shoulders and hips.
- The second layer is comprised of a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This Talalay material should offer support and bounce for a neutral spine and easy repositioning.
- The third layer consists of a 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer. This material should act as a Softer comfort layer when the mattress is flipped to the Luxury Plush option.
- The base layer holds 1.5 inches of Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer. Using this material as the top layer should provide a plush sleeping experience for those who like more gentle support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We have ranked the Alexander at a 5.5 on our firmness scale that sees 1 as incredibly Soft and 10 as incredibly Firm. The Gentle Firm side of the Zenhaven comes in at a 7 on the same scale.
There are multiple options for both products, however. The Signature Hybrid features a Plush option that scores 2.5 on this scale, and a Firm which ranks 8.5. The Zenhaven can be flipped for a Luxury Plush comfort level that lands at 4.5 on the scale.
Alexander should have a slower response time in the upper layers. Once the springs become engaged you should notice a quicker response. Zenhaven’s mattress should also provide a quick response, making both products viable options for combination sleepers.
While comfort is often a matter of preference, there are some factors that may help you to make a decision. Side sleepers will likely prefer the Alexander or Zenhaven Plush options, while stomach sleepers may opt for the Firm versions. Back sleepers can choose from this wide range of comfort levels to suit their exact needs.
Taking a deeper dive into personalized comfort, each item offers features that should help your bed adapt to you. The Signature offers the bounce and springiness of latex combined with the adaptive support and pressure relief of individually pocketed coils.
Zenhaven offers 5 zoned areas that should provide enhanced support around the head and feet and extra pressure relief for the hips and shoulders. This should allow for good spinal alignment.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The hybrid should allow for a deep hug that lets you sink into the comfort materials. The dual-sided latex mattress should offer a deep hug when using the Luxury Plush side and a gentle cradle on the Gentle Firm option so you can choose the level of sinkage you like best.
You should notice body-contouring that aids in pressure relief from either mattress. Both are designed to provide adaptable support, the Hybrid through individually pocketed coils that move with you, and Zenhaven through zoned latex.
Alexander’s upper layers should be dense and absorb movement while the lower coil system should provide ample bounce. The Luxury Plush may provide less bounce than the Gentle Firm side.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Memory materials tend to dampen more energy than the traditionally springier latex. Coils can be known to allow movement to travel throughout the entire support system, the Signature utilizes wrapped, individually pocketed coils to minimize motion transfer.
The Zenhaven mattress may allow a little extra motion transfer than the Hybrid due to the bouncy nature of the latex. Because of this, the Signature performs a little higher in this category.
That being said, both beds should provide adequate motion control for most shoppers as this is not always of great importance when choosing a perfect mattress.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support may not always be a dealbreaker for most shoppers. Those who prefer strong support in this area may opt for the Hybrid as the Quantum coils should keep the edge feeling extra stable, especially when lying at the edge. However, most should find both products suitable in this regard.
Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Alexander Signature Hybrid||Zenhaven|
|Cover||Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||Cotton and wool|
|Materials||TitanChil Endurance Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, coils for airflow||Wool, aerated latex|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Trial Period||100 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Free in the United States and parts of Canada, White Glove service is available for no extra charge|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Alexander Signature Hybrid Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Alexander Signature Hybrid or Zenhaven?
Ready to learn which mattress is best for you? Both of these beds have similar features in terms of multiple comfort options and bounce. Perhaps key differences like price, materials, or shipping method will be your deciding factor.
Your final choice will likely come down to personal preference, so we will show you exactly who we think each item is best-suited for.
We Would Recommend Buying Alexander Signature Hybrid if You are Looking for:
- A luxury experience at an affordable price. This thick, plush, hybrid mattress should feel comfortable and luxurious without breaking the bank.
- Enhanced edge support. With multiple layers of dense materials and Quantum edge technology, sprawlers and co-sleepers should be able to maximize their sleeping space with this item.
- Cooling technology. Cooling gels, phase changing fabric, and airflow-promoting coils should all add up to a cooler sleep experience.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-Sided comfort. While both items provide multiple comfort choices, this product allows you to have the best of both worlds. One side should feel soft and plush, the other firm and supportive.Simply flip the bed as needed for the right feel to suit your needs as they change.
- A pain-free setup. Free White Glove service takes all the hassle out of setting up your new bed. There’s also no need to worry about decompression or off-gassing. This item is not a bed-in-a-box product and should be able to be slept on immediately.
- A more natural option. The company utilizes a water-based manufacturing process to create their Talalay latex made from rubber trees. This is a great option for shoppers looking for a more natural product.
Both of these brands are great options for sleepers of all preferences thanks to their wide range of comfort options. They both offer a deep hug and moderate bounce to promote pressure relief and easy repositioning.
Check out our in-depth reviews to get a closer look at the different materials, edge support, and cooling properties of these items to better learn which is best for you.