Settled on a spring and foam mix? It’s arguably the best of both worlds, with pressure-relieving comfort foam and supportive coils.
Nest Bedding’s Alexander Signature Hybrid offers an ultra-luxurious, sleek design, and fantastic performance. The brand claims to have “the most innovative copper infused foam on the planet,” as well as a Lifetime Warranty and a Lifetime Comfort Guarantee.
This in-depth review of Nest Bedding’s Alexander Signature Hybrid is based on our scoring system that includes characteristics such as support, comfort, and quality. This review focuses on the brand’s Medium option. There are also Plush and Luxury Firm options available through the company’s website.
You can read all our review or you can skip to the end to see our final score for medium option.
Who Do We Think Matches With Alexander Signature?
- Hybrid lovers – With high-density foam and premium coils, you will experience comfort without feeling trapped or sinking so far you fall out of alignment. Nest uses only the highest quality foam for the upper layers that bring the pressure relief and contouring so many love and a deep bounce only found in innersprings.
- Sweaty sleepers – One thing is certain—you shouldn’t “sleep hot” in this bed. Highly breathable cover materials and a strategically-placed copper-infused foam in a lower level provide one of the best cooling capabilities you will see in any mattress. Innersprings are naturally cooler due to the air filling the spaces between coils.
- Indecisive shoppers – Nest Bedding cares about your sleep—those that are unsure about the feel that they need can feel comforted by the company’s Comfort Guarantee that allows you to switch out your firmness level if it doesn’t feel quite right.
Possible Alexander Signature Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a classic innerspring feel. – This particular model feels more like a memory foam unit instead of an innerspring mattress. Hybrid beds bring different sleeping sensations than traditional construction, but they also have added features that cause people to shy away from traditional brands.
Construction: What’s inside Alexander?
This Nest Bedding model is a hybrid mattress designed to be used with non-flexible bases, such as closely slatted frames, platforms, and adjustable bases. The brand offers its own products on its website. This bed comes in three different firmness options (Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm), and this review will focus on the Medium model.
It is 14 inches thick with durable layers. There are handles on the side panels, which is a convenient feature on mattresses—and they make repositioning their product easier.
The non-removable cover has a natural feel since it is made out of a cotton and polyester blend. It is quilted to 1/4-inch of gel-infused memory foam and uses Thermic Phase Change Cooling Fabric. The quilting is specifically designed to enhance the airflow for all the foams and to relieve pressure between the bed and the body.
- The first layer beneath the cover is designed for cooling and comfort. It is 3 inches thick, made out of TitanChil Endurance Foam®.
- The second layer is 1 inch of SmartFlow Support foam. It acts as a transitional layer that helps with spine alignment and cooling.
- The third layer is made out of 8 inches of Quantum® Edge pocketed coils. They ensure deep compression support and help air travel through the mattress.
- The final layer supplies support to the coils with a piece of 1-inch dense foam.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Alexander shows up to your home compressed in a box, so you have the treat of tearing that bad boy open and watching the foams expand and springs pop up. (No sarcasm here—it’s actually pretty cool!) You won’t even be able to tell it was ever rolled up and stuffed into cardboard.
It has a sleek black and white look with handles for easy moving and the top looks and feels plush. When you initially press down on the surface, you should feel the soft, quick-responding foam that offers a soft contour around your body. You should also feel a bit of bounce as you get in and out of bed.
Firmness Scale: 2.5, 5.5, 8.5
A bed that doesn’t meet your pressure relief needs will leave you with uncomfortable aches in pain-prone areas like the hips, shoulders, and knees. Memory foam is kind of the king of pressure relief because it fills in the gaps between your body and the mattress.
Alexander’s 4.25 inches of comfort foams should soften pressure points and accommodate different body shapes and types. The upper memory foam layer should give a healthy amount of contouring and is slower to respond, while the lower foam bounces back quickly.
You should feel a deep cradle on Alexander, meaning you shouldn’t sink too deeply into bed. This should make repositioning easier in addition to the springy base.
If pressure relief is extra important to you, think about trying the Plush option which should be a bit softer and cushion the shoulders well.
If you’re looking for an ultra-supportive bed, hybrids are a great place to start because of the spring base. The Quantum® Edge pocketed coils in Alexander are extra durable, even around the perimeter, which should help your spine feel as straight as a rod—say goodbye to backaches! These springs are designed to resist sagging, so heavier sleepers might find this to be a perfect fit, especially the Luxury Firm option.
Multiple Firmness Options
There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all when it comes to mattresses. Three different firmness choices (Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm) make it easier for you to find the right feel. Plus, if it doesn’t feel quite right, the company will exchange your mattress for a different firmness free of charge.
Organizing delivery can be a pain, especially for those who work during regular business hours. This bed is shipped in a box right to your doorstep, so you can unroll it at your own convenience.
Hybrids allow for a lot of airflow through the springs, a great feature for those who sleep warm. Plus, a combination of gel and copper-infused foams helps dissipate heat that can get trapped on the surface.
Many people appreciate the bounce of an innerspring bed —it makes moving around effortless for those with mobility problems and even sexually active couples. Alexander has a good amount of springiness because of the Quantum® Edge pocketed coils that are durable and supportive.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Made in the USA
The foams Nest Bedding uses meet the CertiPUR-US® standard, meaning they are less harmful to the environment. They meet a minimum threshold on items like low Volatile Organic Compound emissions and are made without harmful materials such as mercury, lead, and formaldehyde.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Discount - Use “SLEEPADVISE8” coupon for 8% off!
- Shipping - Nest Bedding ships worldwide. There is free shipping to the 48 contiguous states, and it is approximately $150 to ship to Alaska and Hawaii. Contact the brand to coordinate White Glove Delivery Service.
- Trial - 100-night sleep trial. (Please note that international sales, excluding Canada, are final.)
- Warranty - L Limited Lifetime Warranty. This is very impressive, considering most other companies offer 10-15 years or less!
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 13”||$799|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 13”||$899|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,499|
|Split King – 1 Side Only||38” x 80” x 13”||$899|
|Split King – Both Sides||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,799|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,499|
With an effective and luxurious design, Nest Bedding’s Alexander Signature Hybrid is a breath of fresh air in a highly saturated market. It performs exceptionally well and has a balanced feel.
Side sleepers can massively benefit from the top comfort layers, which relieve classic pressure points in their shoulders and hips. In addition, the springs add proper alignment. The Plush model will allow for extra sinkage, which many side sleepers love.
This bed, especially in the Medium and Luxury Firm options, is good for back sleepers due to the springs that are very supportive and help with spinal alignment. Because there is less sinkage, there should not be any neck/back pain or uncomfortable bowing of the spine.
If you sleep in the prone position, you might find that most of your weight is centered on the hips. Alexander is resistant to sinking, so the average person should find their hips well-supported. Those that are exclusively stomach sleepers might like the Luxury Firm choice the best.
Repositioning is important for combo sleepers, and the quick-response foams and bouncy springs make mobility a non-issue. Plus, the neutral feel of the bed should work for a variety of positions.
Alexander has a great versatile feel that works for most body types and sleeping positions. This bed does have a bit of bounce, so you might be able to feel your partner getting in and out of bed or changing positions. Most people shouldn’t be bothered too much, but if you are a light sleeper, you might want to look into one of Nest Bedding’s all-foam options instead.
The durable Quantum® Edge pocketed coils and longer-lasting dense base foam are supportive and help reduce sagging. Heavier sleepers (specifically stomach sleepers) will benefit from the Luxury Firm model that has a little more oomph.
Lighter folks will appreciate the softer comfort foams and quilted cotton top that gently support the body. Some could be better suited on the Plush iteration to better interact with the support system because the upper layers give in more easily.
Nest Bedding’s Alexander Signature Hybrid is a premium option that combines support with comfort in a way that fits most sleepers and also keeps them cool.
It may have a slightly higher price point than other online competitors, but it is a huge value when considering the quality of materials and its combination foam and spring design. Its use of safe materials, a Lifetime Warranty, and a Lifetime Comfort Guarantee mean that the company is serious about standing behind its product.
And if you'd like to browse more, you can browse through our list of highest-rated mattresses for this year right here.