One of the internet's favorite beds has done it again, but this time they have updated features from their original mattress to better service customers who need some extra support and bounce. The hybrid has some of the same comforting and pressure-relieving foams customers loved in the original, but the addition of pocket coils makes this bed unique from its predecessor.
Our in-depth Casper Hybrid Mattress overview looks at all these features and more to evaluate if this bed is worth your time and money. This bed is examined using our scoring system that looks at features such as cooling, support, and overall comfort.
Keep reading for the comprehensive details, or just jump down to the end for a score and summary of this product.
Excellent Matches For Casper Original Hybrid
- Combination sleepers – People who switch between their stomach, back, and side while sleeping are likely to enjoy this product. The bed is designed with responsive foams and coils that feel comfortable and help facilitate movements.
- Zone support seekers – The second layer of this mattress is equipped with a Zoned Support™ Memory Foam that is firmer under the hips, waist, and lower back and softer under the shoulders. This design helps to promote better spinal alignment.
- Innerspring fans – Sleepers get all the things they love about the original mattress, the comforting foam, the zoned support, but this hybrid offers the quality stabilization that coils can provide, with the addition of bounce and sturdy edge stabilization.
Possible Casper Original Hybrid Considerations:
- It doesn’t come with multiple firmness options. – There’s a lot to love about this revamped, hybrid version of the Casper original. The company designed this mattress to offer a versatile Medium-Firm feel, which should do an excellent job of accomodating different sleep positions and body frames. However, a lack of different firmness choices may be a drawback for folks whose preferences run softer or firmer. It’s also worth noting that this bed is slightly firmer than the original, but the zoned support helps give it a feel that truly works for a large majority of sleepers.
Construction: What’s Inside the Casper Original Hybrid?
The Casper Original Hybrid ships in a box and is delivered to your home. This mattress works on most bases and foundations, including an adjustable base. However, if you are using a slatted platform bed, make sure that the slats are no more than 4 inches apart.
The cover of this bed is made with a polyester blend that includes recycled polyester, upcycled cotton, rayon, and lycra. Beneath the cover, there are two layers of foam and a coil base, giving the bed an 11-inch height. Both the all-foam and hybrid versions of the Casper Original are 11 inches tall.
- The first layer under the cover is a breathable AirScape™ foam that is perforated to increase airflow, helping you stay cool during the night so you don’t wake up feeling too hot. This foam is also designed to relieve pressure by conforming to your body.
- The middle layer is a Zoned Support™ memory foam that features three ergonomic zones to optimize spinal alignment, a substantial benefit for those who need good back support. This foam is softer underneath the shoulders and firmer below the hips, waist, and lower back.
- The base of this bed is a foundation of durable pocket coil springs that provide edge-to-edge support. A foam border surrounds this innerspring unit, providing edge-to-edge stability, allowing you to get in and out of bed easier and access the bed’s entire surface space without sinking in too deeply.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Upon receiving your Casper Hybrid, the company says the bed should expand to its full size within minutes.
The foams foster a feel similar to a gentle cradle. As sleepers sink through the top layers, they should find pressure relief and feel the Zoned Support™ Memory Foam keep their body straight.
The coils in the base foster the bulk of support and responsiveness. This feature adds bounce, which is great for couples wanting something additional for their sex life. Plus, the coils make repositioning easier.
Firmness Scale: 6-6.5/10 (Medium-Firm)
When you lie down, excess weight can put pressure on certain parts of the body, leading to aches and pains the following morning. These pressure points need relief, which can come in the form of a high-quality mattress. Pressure points may include places like the hips and shoulders. A good pressure point mattress will provide comfort layers that help cradle your body, giving those sensitive areas some reprieve.
The first layer of pressure relief in the Casper Original Hybrid is AirScape™ foam, a material manufactured to soothe achy joints and help prevent the bed from becoming too hot.
Below the AirScape™ foam is a layer of Zoned Support™ memory foam. Memory foam is immensely popular for its pressure-relieving capabilities. This foam, however, offers a 2-in-1 appeal by minimizing pressure and providing zoned support to keep your spine in good alignment.
While pressure relief is important, no top-quality is complete without an excellent support system to ensure your spine stays well-aligned, minimizing your risk of developing or worsening pain in the back or neck.
As mentioned, the Zoned Support™ memory foam helps foster good spine alignment by providing zoned support. This innovative foam system is softer below the shoulders while more firm in typically heavier areas, including the lower back, waist, and hips.
The coil unit below this foam further supports the spine with individually encased coils and a firm border around them to support your body on all sides of the bed.
The AirScape™ foam below the cover is designed to help keep the bed cool, allowing you to rest comfortably. Additionally, the coils should advance airflow throughout the bed.
Exceptional Edge Support
The Casper Hybrid has very strong edges for a boxed bed. Surrounding the coils is a perimeter of durable polyfoam for edge support. Sleepers should be able to rest along the side and feel little difference between the edge and middle of the mattress.
The innerspring unit should provide buoyancy for those looking for a bed with some bounce.
Motion isolation keeps movement from transferring across the bed. The Casper Hybrid is constructed with quality foams and pocket coils that anchor motion and help avoid waking up your significant other during the night.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The Casper is compatible with adjustable bases.
- Eco-Friendly Certifications – The foams in this bed are CertiPUR certified, which means they are made without harmful, ozone-depleting chemicals and meeting low VOC emission safety standards.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the continental United States and most of Canada. There is an additional cost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Northern Canada.
- Trial - The Casper Original Hybrid comes with a 100-night trial period.
- Warranty - This product comes with a 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions||Price (without discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||$1,295|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11”||$1,395|
|Full||53” x 75” x 11”||$1,595|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$1,695|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$2,095|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$2,095|
Casper Hybrid delivers the same comforting, pressure-relieving, and zoned supportive feel as the original but takes it up a notch with coils for a nice touch of responsiveness and full body alignment.
Side sleepers should benefit the most from this product. The Zoned Support™ memory foam targets side sleepers’ needs with the softer foam in the shoulders, helping reduce strain. These folks should also enjoy how the memory foam layer evenly distributes their weight.
Folks who sleep on their back should benefit from the individually encased coils in the base unit that were designed to keep them well supported. The comfort foams should conform to their middle back, helping to distribute their weight and provide proper alignment.
Stomach sleepers love a bed that can deliver on hip support. The Zoned Support™ helps keep the hips elevated and lined up with the rest of the sleeper’s body. In addition, pocket coil technology at the base gives stomach sleepers the extra firmness they may need.
Combination sleepers need a bed that has enough versatility to complement multiple sleep positions. The Medium-Firm comfort level is typically the best for combo sleepers since it’s the most universal, and this bed’s Zoned Support™ should keep you comfortable no matter the position.
Similar to combination sleepers, couples need a versatile bed that can work for each partner. However, other factors are also important for couples, including bounce, edge support, and motion isolation. This model offers all three features, making it an excellent choice for couples.
Folks who weigh significantly more tend to prefer firmer beds that will provide them with more robust support and minimize their risk of bottoming out. While the Casper Hybrid is slightly firmer than the Original all-foam, heavier individuals may want to pursue a bed specially designed for larger frames.
Light sleepers typically gravitate toward softer beds that don’t leave them feeling as though they’re sleeping on a rock. The Medium-Firm feel of this hybrid bed may work for most individuals, but it may still be too firm for those who are very lightweight.
This bed combines the support and buoyancy of coils with the pressure-relieving features of foam, allowing customers to have the best of both worlds in one excellent mattress. For those who value good back support, the memory foam with support zones provides optimal spine alignment by targeting the places where you need support the most.