Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Is Casper Mattress really available in a Hybrid model?
One of the internet's favorite beds has done it again, but this time they have updated features from their original mattress to better service customers who need some extra support and bounce. The hybrid has some of the same comforting and pressure relieving foams customers loved in the original, but the addition of pocket coils makes this bed unique from its predecessor.
Our in-depth Casper Hybrid Mattress overview looks at all these features and more to evaluate if this bed is worth your time and money. This bed is examined using our scoring system that looks at features such as cooling, support, and overall comfort.
Keep reading for the comprehensive details or just jump down to the end for a score and summary of this product.
You will love the Casper Hybrid if you:
- Are a combination sleeper – People who switch between their stomach, back, and side sleeping are likely to enjoy this product. The bed is designed with responsive foams and coils that not only feel comfortable, but they help facilitate movements.
- Want zoned support – The third layer of this mattress is equipped with a Zoned Support™ Foam that is firmer under the hips and softer under the shoulders. This design helps to promote better spinal alignment.
- Love an innerspring feel – Sleepers get all the things they love about the original mattress, the comforting foam, the zoned support, but this hybrid offers the quality stabilization that coils can provide, with the addition of bounce and sturdy edge stabilization.
You might not like the Casper Hybrid if you:
- Want firmness options – This company has designed one versatile feel. Folks whose preferences run softer or firmer should know that this bed is slightly firmer than the original, but the zoned support helps give it a feel that truly works for a large majority of sleepers.
Also you can check our top 12 beds here, if you're looking for more options.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This product ships in a box and is delivered to your home. It works on most bases, including an adjustable base. Just be sure if you are using a slatted platform bed that the slats are no more than 3 inches apart.
This is fully removable for easy washing. Beneath the cover is 3 layers of foam and a coil base, giving the bed a 12-inch height.
- The first layer is a 1.5-inch breathable open-cell foam that cushions the sleeper's body and works to keep them cool.
- The second layer is as 1.5-inch pressure-relieving memory foam. This layer has been strategically placed to offer the contouring comforts of memory foam without blasting the sleeper with the heat buildup associated with memory materials.
- The third layer is 1.5 inches of Zoned Support™ foam that is softer along the shoulders and legs while remaining firmer around the hips. This relieves pressure in the shoulders and helps to optimize spinal alignment.
- The base is a 7-inch foundation of durable, pocket coil springs that provide edge-to-edge support. Beneath this is a thinner supportive base foam to protect the coils form the base of the bed.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Sleep Advisor scores a mattress firmness on a ten point scale, 1 to 10, soft to firm. The hybrid comes in just a bit firmer than the original, with a score between 6 and 6.5. This is a versatile feel that most people should find quite accommodating.
The foams foster a feel similar to a gentle cradle. As sleepers sink through the top layer they should find pressure relief in the memory foam and feel the Zoned Support™ Foam helping to keep their body straight.
The coils in the base foster the bulk of support and responsiveness. This feature adds bounce great for couples wanting something additional for their sex life and they also make repositioning synch.
Back sleepers benefit from the coils in the base that were designed to keep them well supported. The comfort foams should conform to their mid back, helping to distribute their weight and provide proper alignment.
Side sleepers may benefit the most from this product. The Zoned Support™ targets side sleepers needs with the softer foam in the shoulders, helping reduce strain. These folks should also enjoy how the memory foam layer evenly distributes their weight.
Stomach sleepers love a bed that can deliver on hip support. The Zoned Support™ helps to keep the hips elevated and lined up with the rest of the sleeper’s body. Pocket coil technology at the base gives stomach sleepers the extra firmness that they may need.
Casper is known for being a versatile option, and this model may just surpass the original in versatility. Stomach and back sleepers who like a firmer bed can take advantage of the coils that foster just a tad more support than the original Casper.
Sharing a bed with a sleeping partner can be wonderful, but if they start waking you up each and every night when they get up to use the bathroom, you may just prefer to sleep on the couch.
A bed with good motion isolation can keep you off that lumpy sofa and on a comfortable mattress. Motion isolation keeps movement from transferring across the bed. The Casper Hybrid is constructed with quality foams and pocket coils that anchor motion, keeping you off the couch and in bed.
This is something else to look at if you co-sleep. Sleeping on the edge can be no fun, especially if it has weak edges that have you feeling like you might stumble onto the floor. Boxed mattresses don’t always score as well in this category because they are built to compress.
Casper Hybrid has very strong edges for a boxed bed. Along the perimeter, there are two rows of reinforced pocket coils to provide extra support. Sleepers should be able to rest along the side and feel little difference between the edge and the mattress middle, even sitting on the edge should have minimal compression.
- Trial Period – Customers can give this product at try for up to 100 nights, and if it is not for them they can process a return, get their refund, and the company will do their best to donate the mattress to a deserving charity.
- Warranty– This product comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – Both shipping and returns are free in both the United States and Canada.
- Optional White Glove Delivery – Sleepers can have their product delivered and installed by professionals for an additional fee.
- CertiPUR-US®Certified– This product passed rigorous testing to meet standards for safe levels of potentially harmful chemicals, like formaldehyde, lead, and ozone depleters.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Designed and Assembled in the USA
|Size||Dimensions||Price (without discount)|
|TWIN||39” x 75” x 12”||$795|
|TWIN XL||39” x 80” x 12”||$845|
|FULL||54” x 74” x 12”||$1,095|
|QUEEN||60” x 80” x 12”||$1,195|
|KING||76” x 80” x 12”||$1,395|
|CALI KING||72” x 84” x 12”||$1,395|
Casper Hybrid delivers the same comforting, pressure relieving, and zoned supportive feel as the original, but takes it up a notch with coils for a nice touch of responsiveness and full body alignment.
Casper came into the bed-in-a-box business in 2014 and they have been working hard ever since. Customer service is a number one priority for this brand and they have taken feedback very seriously, implementing it into their design. This is one of the reasons the hybrid has hit the market.
Casper has also updated its luxury model the Wave into a hybrid as well. The innovation of these products demonstrates the brand's commitment to making the most versatile mattresses on the internet.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.