Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
What is the difference between the original Casper Wave and their new Hybrid?
Casper has converted their original Casper Mattress and their luxury model the Wave as hybrid designs. The brand has experienced a lot of success with their all-foam beds and is excited to show customers how they have developed their premium product on top of a 7-inch layer of supportive coils.
Our Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress overview takes a look at this bed's unique features and evaluates them using our scoring system that looks at aspects like firmness, comfort, and overall value.
Read on for all the important details or skip to the end for a score and summary of this product.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Need better alignment – This mattress includes Hyper Targeted Support™ foam in the fourth layer. This technology includes a matrix of gel pods beneath the hips to increase firmness, while the legs and shoulders have indents to make them softer for the shoulders and legs.
- Sleep in multiple positions – This product is a comfortable choice for back, stomach, and side sleepers, as well as folks who switch between the three. The use of latex and springs makes this bed easy to move around on while the Hyper Targeted Support™ allows most sleepers to take advantage of optimized alignment.
- Want pressure relief – The Casper Wave offers a series of foams that provide pressure relieving comfort by evenly distributing the sleeper’s weight over the surface of the bed. The memory foam used to make the third layer is especially adept at washing away night time strain.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Have a shoestring budget – This product has a higher price than the all-foam models, but the benefit of a bed of this caliber is that it will likely be worth the extra money and prove to be a worthwhile investment.
Also you can see our other top rated beds here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The brand includes White Glove Delivery in many places. If this in-home service is not available the mattress arrives at the customer’s home compressed in a box.
Setup is designed to be simple but two it is recommended that the bed be carried by at least two people. This mattress can be used on boxsprings, adjustable bases, platform beds, and slatted platform bases where the slats are no more than 3 inches apart.
The cover is made of wool to help fight humidity, wicking away moisture as it comes your way. This material is exceptionally soft, with a feel similar to a nice sweater. This material unzips for facilitated cleaning.
The Wave Hybrid stands at 13 inches tall and incorporates 5 layers of foam and coils.
- The first layer is a 1-inch hypersensitive, velvety-soft comfort foam. This material is fairly responsive and should begin to relieve pressure in areas like the shoulders and hips.
- The second layer uses a 1.5-inch breathable latex that was added to provide a gentle contour and assist in repositioning. Latex is usually a premium mattress material that can assist with cooling.
- The third layer is a 1.5-inch pressure-relieving memory material. This layer was strategically placed to foster the deep contour of memory foam without having it right next to the sleeper's body, keeping them cooler at night.
- The fourth layer is a 1.5-inch high resiliency foam with gel pods for targeted support. This layer sets this bet apart from the pack by providing sleepers with more optimized alignment. The 3 different sections of this layer are softer or firmer to give the sleeper’s body the right amount of support.
- The final layer is a 7-inch foundation of durable, pocket coil springs and a base foam. This layer functions as the support center for the bed.
- The Perimeter also features a firm foam encasement to enhance edge support.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We score mattresses on a ten point firmness scale, with a 10 being like concrete. This product should feel like a 6 for most people. The area beneath hips may be just a tad bit firmer than this due to the targeted support designed into the fourth layer.
It’s important for sleepers to remember that firmness is subjective and how one person experiences a bed is not necessarily how you would experience it. This mattress has a feel that is somewhere between a gentle cradle and deep hug.
The comfort layers in the Wave Hybrid help to relieve pressure, allowing sleepers to sink through the layers and have their weight evenly distributed over several contouring foams. The coils in the base add support as well as bounce, a great feature for repositioning. The top polyfoam and latex layers are also fairly responsive, making movements a good deal simpler.
This product may be a great pick for back sleepers looking for something soft, yet supportive. The comfort materials fill in the area between the hips and shoulders, while the targeted support foam along with the coils in the base help to promote alignment.
Side Sleepers will sometimes complain about strain in their hips and shoulders. The zoned foams in this bed helps to cushion and support these areas while the upper layers assist in washing away that strain with conforming comfort. This bed is on the softer side and most side sleepers will like this.
Stomach sleepers love a mattress that can keep their back and hips lined up. The targeted support system in this bed keeps their hips level with the sleeper’s shoulders, making this product a choice selection for folks who sleep on their stomach.
Most people are likely to enjoy how this bed feels. This brand does not have a weight limit for this product, but if you are comparing it to the original Casper Wave, the hybrid with its coils is likely going to be a better choice for heavier sleepers.
You don’t know what your sleeping partner does when they get up in the middle of the night and you might not even care. What bothers you is that they keep waking you up.
For the longest time, mattress makers struggled to make beds that could retain motion but with the use of foams and pocket coils, most manufacturers have figured it out. Casper integrates these technologies into their design to make a bed that surpasses industry expectations.
So, if your sleeping on a Casper Wave Hybrid the next the time your partner gets out of the bed, you can probably keep snoozing, while they get up to do whatever it is they do.
Mattresses that are sold online and boxed up do not always have the strongest edges. This hybrid performs very well for a boxed bed.
This mattress has a supportive encasement along the perimeter to help reinforce the edges. This addition to the Casper Wave Hybrid makes it ideal for either sitting or sleeping on the sides of the bed.
- Trial Period – Customers are eligible for a 100-Night Trial. If they are not satisfied with their purchase they can return the Wave Hybrid for a full refund and the brand will work to donate the bed to a deserving charity.
- Warranty – Casper Mattresses are covered by a 10-Year warranty.
- White Glove Delivery – Shipping is free in the contiguous United States and in-home delivery and setup are included, though this is subject to geographic limitations.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams used in this product maintain both safety and ozone guidelines for safe amounts of harmful metals and chemicals.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – The latex used in this product meets the global threshold for chemical safety standards.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions||Price (without discount)|
|TWIN||39” x 75” x 13”||$1,545|
|TWIN XL||39” x 80” x 13”||$1,645|
|FULL||54” x 75” x 13”||$2,345|
|QUEEN||60” x 80” x 13”||$2,495|
|KING||76” x 80” x 13”||$2,895|
|CALI KING||72” x 84” x 13”||$2,895|
The Caper Wave Hybrid updates on its predecessor by adding bounce and durability, making it a premium choice for sleepers looking for top of the line comfort and support.
This mattress was designed following customer advice and reviews. They also used at years of innovation, research, and utilized some of the greatest minds the industry. Put this all together and you get what Casper is calling their best mattress ever.
Take a chance and see what you think of this mattress! Remember, if it’s not for you, you can take advantage of their 100-Night Warranty. The brand also has a handful of other choices if you think there is a better option for you.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.