Which hybrid stacks up to your high standards? Will it be the Sparrow or the DreamCloud Premier?
Sparrow is proud to offer a line of products they believe in … that’s why they guarantee a lifetime of comfort on your new bed! DreamCloud, which also offers a lifetime guarantee, has applied 100 combined years of industry experience to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service experience that is dedicated to helping you find your perfect mattress.
Our comparison between the Sparrow and DreamCloud Premier will break down the construction and features of each item. We’ll analyze which sleepers and preferences will be best served by each mattress.
You can also read through our in-depth review of both products for a deeper dive into each brand:
Quick Comparison: Sparrow and DreamCloud Premier
SLEEPADVISOR12 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Sparrow Signature Hybrid Construction
This product is a foam and coil hybrid that is compressed, boxed, and shipped to your home.
The cover uses Thermic Phase Change Cooling technology and Gel-Infused Memory materials quilted into it to help your body regulate its own temperature all year long. The total height of this mattress is 12 inches.
- The top layer is made up of a 3-inch Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam. This cutting-edge material fully supports your body with the pressure relief of memory foam, and the responsiveness and durability of latex.
- The second layer contains a 1-inch SmartFlow Support Foam. This layer should act as a transition between the comfort levels and the support coils below.
- The innerspring layer is comprised of 6-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils. This is meant to provide support to the entire sleep surface, right up to the edge, thanks to the Quantum Edge system.
- The base is an added layer of support foam below the coils.
DreamCloud Premier Construction
This hybrid is shipped either rolled up in a box or with optional professional delivery. The 2-inch quilted euro cover is made of a luxury cashmere blend and filled with two layers of plush memory foam.
The entire bed is 14 inches tall and is made up of 5 layers including the 2 foam layers in the cover.
- Beneath the EuroTop is a 2.5-inch thick plush conventional foam that works to cushion your body and ease any pain from sensitive pressure points.
- The support layer is 1-inch thick and is a standard conventional foam that also serves as the mattress base, working to ensure you’re not bothered by the coils underneath or descending too deep into the bed when you lie down.
- The innerspring layer is the lowest point of the bed and is a total of 8.5 inches. Along with inner coils that promote airflow, support, and motion isolation, this unit also features perimeter coils. The perimeter coils are designed to give the bed a stable edge support system so that you can feel equally supported even on the far edges of your mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Sparrow’s Medium option ranks at a 5.5 out of 10 on our Firmness scale, where 1 is feather Soft and 10 is Firm as a rock. The DreamCloud Premier comes in at a 5.5 on the same scale. This makes both of these options viable for most preferences, from back to stomach and side sleepers.
Shoppers who prefer a softer level of support may want to consider the Sparrow Plush version, which ranks at a 2.5. They also have a Firm model, which scores an 8.5
The Sparrow may present a slower response time than the DreamCloud Premier, but deeper materials respond faster than the comfort layers above. This should help both products appeal to combination sleepers, though memory foam can be a struggle for folks with mobility concerns.
The immediate difference in feel may lie in the covers, where Alexander should feel cool to the touch, and the DreamCloud Premier’s EuroTop should feel plush and luxurious.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Those who like a deep hug will likely prefer the Sparrow, while buyers looking for a gentle cradle should opt for the DreamCloud Premier. The former should feel like you’re sleeping “in” the mattress while the cooling properties should prevent you feeling “stuck.” The latter should feel more like you’re floating on top of the plush, luxurious cover.
Both of these items should offer moderate bounce, which should help to prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” as they sink into the comfort materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Hybrid beds tend to land higher than innersprings but lower than latex and other such materials in this category. Most shoppers may not consider motion transfer a top priority when choosing their new & perfect mattress. Those with exceptionally restless partners may find Sparrow best suits their needs as it should offer a slightly better motion control than the Premier, but both should work well for all but the lightest of sleepers.
Comparing Edge Support
You should notice above average edge support from both of these options due to the coils. This should make the sleep surface a little larger for couples or people who like sprawl out across their bed. Both beds have edge-to-edge coils which should help with this issue.
Sparrow vs. DreamCloud Premier Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||CASHEX cashmere blend|
|Materials||Energex™ Temperature Responsive Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||poly foams, gel memory foams, standard support foams and individually wrapped coils.|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, coils for airflow||Cooling gel, breathable cover, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deeper Hug|
|Trial Period||365 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and Canada, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Shipping is free in the contiguous United States, a fee is required for orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Designed in the USA, sourced from China|
|Size||Sparrow Price (w/o discount)||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King (1 side only)||$1,149||N/A|
Should I Buy the Sparrow Signature Hybrid or the DreamCloud Premier?
Still not sure which option is best for you?
Both beds should provide bounce and a universal Medium feel that back, stomach, and side sleepers should love.
The true difference will likely lie in your individual preferences. Let’s explore the key differences to determine which best suits your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Sparrow if You are Looking for:
- Exceptional edge support. The Quantum Edge coil system should provide consistent, solid support throughout the entire surface of the mattress.
- A cool sleep experience. This product employs multiple cooling technologies and specially designed materials to help prevent overheating.
- Want Firmness options. Sparrow provides Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm options to suit any comfort level.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- A cozier cradle. If you like to lay ensconsed in foam yet still well supported by coils, this may be a great choice.
- Incredible Value. This company really delivers a lot of bed for the price, which can be up to $200 less than its competitor here.
- A luxurious cover. The Eurotop with a cashmere blend cover should feel plush and inviting for those who want a more luxurious sleep experience.
Both brands are great options for any sleep position. They both present a universal comfort feel and easy repositioning for a great night’s rest.
Your deciding factors may come down to personal preferences. We recommend reading our in-depth review for a closer look at each of these great products.