Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Which hybrid stacks up to your high standards? Will it be the Alexander or the DreamCloud?
Alexander is proud to offer a line of products they believe in … that’s why they guarantee a lifetime of comfort on your new bed! DreamCloud, which also offers a lifetime guarantee, has applied 100 combined years of industry experience to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service experience that is dedicated to helping you find your perfect mattress.
Our comparison between the Alexander and DreamCloud will break down the construction and features of each item. We’ll analyze which sleepers and preferences will be best served by each mattress.
You can also read through our in-depth review of both products for a deeper dive into each brand:
Quick Comparison: Alexander Hybrid and DreamCloud
SLEEPADVISOR8 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This product is a foam and coil hybrid that is compressed, boxed, and shipped to your home.
The cover is a polyester and cotton blend with Thermic Phase Change Cooling technology and Gel-Infused Memory materials quilted into it to help your body regulate its own temperature all year long. The total height of this mattress is 14 inches.
- The top layer is made up of a 3-inch TitanChil Endurance Foam. You should notice sinkage into this comfort layer while the cooling properties should prevent overheating.
- The second layer has a 1.5-inch Copper Infused Energex Foam. The copper should conduct heat through the bed drawing it from the sleeper to further prevent overheating.
- The third layer contains a SmartFlow Support Foam at 1 inch thick. This layer should act as a transition between the comfort levels and the support coils below. Its aerated nature should promote airflow.
- The base layer is comprised of 8-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils. This is meant to provide support to the entire sleep surface, right up to the edge, thanks to the Quantum Edge system.
- The top layer is comprised of a .5-inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam. The gel should work to prevent overheating while this comfort layer is meant to provide sinkage and contouring.
- The second layer has a 1.75-inch Super Soft Quilted Memory Foam. This material is designed to provide enhanced pressure relief.
- The third layer contains a .5-inch Supreme Natural Latex Response Layer. This should provide a deeper level bounce to aid in repositioning and prevent you from feeling “stuck.”
- The fourth layer holds a .25-inch “Dream Plush” Supporting Memory Foam. You should feel a deeper contouring from this material, which is designed to adjust to hold your body weight and movements.
- The fifth layer boasts a .5-inch Super Dense Super Soft Memory Foam that should perform as a transition layer between the comfort materials and the support coils below.
- The sixth layer holds an 8-inch Patent-Pending “Best Rest” Coils. These individually pocketed steel coils are encased in a softer material for motion isolation and are designed with 5 zones for adaptable support.
- The base layer contains High Density Super Soft Memory Foam at 1.5 inches thick. This final material should further absorb movement for enhanced motion control.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Alexander’s Medium option ranks at a 5-6 out of 10 on our Firmness scale, where 1 is feather Soft and 10 is Firm as a rock. The DreamCloud comes in at a 6 on the same scale. This makes both of these options viable for most preferences, from back to stomach and side sleepers.
Shoppers who prefer a slightly Softer level may want to consider the Alexander as it comes in just a little lower on the scale and is available in multiple comfort levels.
The Signature Hybrid may present a slower response time than the DreamCloud, but deeper materials respond faster than the comfort layers above. This should help both products appeal to combination sleepers, though if you prefer a faster response, DreamCloud may be for you.
If even weight distribution is a higher concern, the DreamCloud may be preferable as it provides 5 zones that should help provide the right amount of pressure relief and sinkage needed for heavier and lighter areas of the body for enhanced comfort.
The immediate difference in feel may lie in the covers, where Alexander should feel cool to the touch, and the DreamCloud’s cashmere should feel plush and luxurious.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Those who like a deep hug will likely prefer the Signature, while buyers looking for a gentle cradle should opt for the DreamCloud. The former should feel like you’re sleeping “in” the mattress while the cooling properties should prevent you feeling “stuck.” The latter should feel more like you’re floating on top of the plush, luxurious cover.
Both of these items should offer moderate bounce, which should help to prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” as they sink into the comfort materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Hybrid beds tend to land higher than innersprings but lower than latex and other such materials in this category. Most shoppers may not consider motion transfer a top priority when choosing their new & perfect mattress. Those with exceptionally restless partners may find Alexander best suits their needs as it should offer a slightly better motion control than the DreamCloud, but both should work well for all but the lightest of sleepers.
Comparing Edge Support
You should notice above average edge support from both of these options due to the coils. This should make the sleep surface a little larger for couples or people who like sprawl out across their bed. Both beds have edge-to-edge coils which should help with this issue.
Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. DreamCloud Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Alexander Signature Hybrid||DreamCloud|
|Cover||Polyester and cotton blend with Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||Tufted Cashmere|
|Materials||TitanChil Endurance Foam, Copper Infused Energex Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Super Soft Quilted Memory Foam, Supreme Natural Latex Response Layer, “Dream Plush” Supporting Memory Foam, Super Dense, Super Soft Memory Foam, Patent Pending “Best Rest” Coils, High Density Support Layer|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Cooling gel, breathable cover, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||100 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and internationally, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Shipping is free in the contiguous United States, a fee is required for orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Designed in the USA, sourced from China|
|Size||Alexander Signature Hybrid Price (w/o discount)||DreamCloud Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||$899||N/A|
|Split King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
|Split Cali King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
Should I Buy the Alexander Signature Hybrid or the DreamCloud?
Still not sure which option is best for you?
Both beds should provide bounce and a universal Medium feel that back, stomach, and side sleepers should love.
The true difference will likely lie in your individual preferences. Let’s explore the key differences to determine which best suits your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Alexander if You are Looking for:
- Exceptional edge support. The Quantum Edge coil system should provide consistent, solid support throughout the entire surface of the mattress.
- A cool sleep experience. This product employs multiple cooling technologies and specially designed materials to help prevent overheating.
- Want Firmness options. Alexander provides Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm options to suit any comfort level.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud if You are Looking for:
- A floating on the mattress experience. If you prefer a gentle cradle over a deep hug, this bed should be a suitable option for you.
- Zoned pressure relief. The coil system is designed to provide 5 comfort zones for Soft, Medium, or Firm support as needed by heavier or lighter areas of the body.
- A luxurious cover. The 2-inch thick tufted cashmere cover should feel plush and inviting for those who want a more luxurious sleep experience.
Both brands are great options for any sleep position. They both present a universal comfort feel and easy repositioning for a great night’s rest.
Your deciding factors may come down to personal preferences. We recommend reading our in-depth review for a closer look at each of these great products.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.