Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Which hybrid stacks up to your high standards? Will it be the Alexander or the DreamCloud?
Alexander is proud to offer a line of products they believe in … that’s why they guarantee a lifetime of comfort on your new bed! DreamCloud, which also offers a lifetime guarantee, has applied 100 combined years of industry experience to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service experience that is dedicated to helping you find your perfect mattress.
Our comparison between the Alexander and DreamCloud will break down the construction and features of each item. We’ll analyze which sleepers and preferences will be best served by each mattress.
You can also read through our in-depth review of both products for a deeper dive into each brand:
Quick Comparison: Alexander Hybrid and DreamCloud
SLEEPADVISOR8 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Deep hug experience
- High quality foam and coils
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This product is a foam and coil hybrid that is compressed, boxed, and shipped to your home.
The cover is a polyester and cotton blend with Thermic Phase Change Cooling technology and Gel-Infused Memory materials quilted into it to help your body regulate its own temperature all year long. The total height of this mattress is 13 inches.
- The top layer is made up of a 3-inch TitanChil Endurance Foam. You should notice sinkage into this comfort layer while the cooling properties should prevent overheating.
- The second layer contains a SmartFlow Support Foam at 1 inch thick. This layer should act as a transition between the comfort levels and the support coils below. Its aerated nature should promote airflow.
- The base layer is comprised of 8-inch Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils. This is meant to provide support to the entire sleep surface, right up to the edge, thanks to the Quantum Edge system.
- Beneath the bed there is a layer of foam that provides cushioning.
- The first layer beneath the Eurotop delivers gel-foam with a memory feel that contours to your body weight to cushion pressure.
- The next layer holds 2.5-inch tall foam that's formulated to be supportive and transitional.
- The fifth layer supports the body with 8-inch pocket coils.
- The base layer contains High Density Super Soft Memory Foam at 1.5 inches thick. This final material should further absorb movement for enhanced motion control.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Alexander’s Medium option ranks at a 5-6 out of 10 on our Firmness scale, where 1 is feather Soft and 10 is Firm as a rock. The DreamCloud comes in at a 5.5 on the same scale. This makes both of these options viable for most preferences, from back to stomach and side sleepers.
Shoppers who prefer a slightly Softer level may want to consider the Alexander as it comes in just a little lower on the scale and is available in multiple comfort levels.
The Signature Hybrid may present a slower response time than the DreamCloud, but deeper materials respond faster than the comfort layers above. This should help both products appeal to combination sleepers, though memory foam can be a struggle for folks with mobility concerns.
The immediate difference in feel may lie in the covers, where Alexander should feel cool to the touch, and the DreamCloud’s EuroTop should feel plush and luxurious.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Those who like a deep hug will likely prefer the Signature, while buyers looking for a gentle cradle should opt for the DreamCloud. The former should feel like you’re sleeping “in” the mattress while the cooling properties should prevent you feeling “stuck.” The latter should feel more like you’re floating on top of the plush, luxurious cover.
Both of these items should offer moderate bounce, which should help to prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” as they sink into the comfort materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Hybrid beds tend to land higher than innersprings but lower than latex and other such materials in this category. Most shoppers may not consider motion transfer a top priority when choosing their new & perfect mattress. Those with exceptionally restless partners may find Alexander best suits their needs as it should offer a slightly better motion control than the DreamCloud, but both should work well for all but the lightest of sleepers.
Comparing Edge Support
You should notice above average edge support from both of these options due to the coils. This should make the sleep surface a little larger for couples or people who like sprawl out across their bed. Both beds have edge-to-edge coils which should help with this issue.
Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. DreamCloud Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Alexander Signature Hybrid||DreamCloud|
|Cover||Polyester and cotton blend with Thermic Phase Change fabric and Gel-Infused Memory materials||polyester|
|Materials||TitanChil Endurance Foam, SmartFlow Support Foam, Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils||poly foams, gel memory foams, standard support foams and individually wrapped coils.|
|Cooling||Thermic Phase Change fabric, Gel-Infused Memory Foam, Copper, SmartFlow for airflow, coils for airflow||Cooling gel, breathable cover, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deeper Hug|
|Trial Period||100 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to the United States and internationally, shipping is free in the contiguous states, White Glove service can be arranged||Shipping is free in the contiguous United States, a fee is required for orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Designed in the USA, sourced from China|
|Size||Alexander Signature Hybrid Price (w/o discount)||DreamCloud Price (w/o discount)|
|Split King (1 side only)||$899||N/A|
|Split King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
|Split Cali King (both sides)||$1,799||N/A|
Should I Buy the Alexander Signature Hybrid or the DreamCloud?
Still not sure which option is best for you?
Both beds should provide bounce and a universal Medium feel that back, stomach, and side sleepers should love.
The true difference will likely lie in your individual preferences. Let’s explore the key differences to determine which best suits your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Alexander if You are Looking for:
- Exceptional edge support. The Quantum Edge coil system should provide consistent, solid support throughout the entire surface of the mattress.
- A cool sleep experience. This product employs multiple cooling technologies and specially designed materials to help prevent overheating.
- Want Firmness options. Alexander provides Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm options to suit any comfort level.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud if You are Looking for:
- A cozier cradle. If you like to lay ensconsed in foam yet still well supported by coils, this may be a great choice.
- Incredible Value. This company really delivers a lot of bed for the price, which can be up to $200 less than its competitor here.
- A luxurious cover. The Eurotop should feel plush and inviting for those who want a more luxurious sleep experience.
Both brands are great options for any sleep position. They both present a universal comfort feel and easy repositioning for a great night’s rest.
Your deciding factors may come down to personal preferences. We recommend reading our in-depth review for a closer look at each of these great products.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.