Loom & Leaf vs. Casper will evaluate two memory foam beds side by side to see what advantages each can offer for different kinds of sleepers.
Will you pick the luxury memory bed from Saatva Company that is built with a percentage of bio-based foams or the highly versatile and innovative Casper, a breakout brand that has recently introduced zoned spinal support?
If you are looking for in-depth coverage of one or both of these choices, please click over to our full reviews here:
Our check our full list of comparisons here, if you want to explore more.
Quick Comparison: Loom and Leaf & Casper
- Gently-cradled feeling
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Reduces heat retention
SLEEPADVISOR10 or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Top poly layer for quick responsiveness
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Loom & Leaf Construction
Professional delivery, also known as White Glove Delivery, is available with every purchase. Movers will place your new all-foam mattress, which was never compressed, in your bedroom and remove your old mattress.
The cover fabric is made from cotton that is certified organic. The Relaxed Firm option is 12 inches high.
- The top layer’s 3-inches were designed to keep you cool and comfortable with a Spine-Zone panel made from heat-wicking gel on top of memory foam for pressure relief.
- The middle layer’s loft pad is slightly denser than the foam above it so that the feel should transition smoothly between the comfort materials and supportive base with 2 inches of material.
- The base layer forms the bed’s foundation with a 6-inch slab of denser poly foam to give the sleeper good spine support.
Casper is a 11-inch all-foam brand that is delivered compressed for easy shipping.
Two-tone polyester that is designed to be durable forms the fully-removable cover that stretches over 3 different layers.
- The top layer is AirScape, a proprietary breathable foam that is springy and built to resist heat retention. This is above the memory materials to help prevent overheating.
- The third layer contains a layer with zoned firmness levels called Zoned Support™ that help keep your body straight while you rest by incorporating a firmer construction under your hips in the bed’s center.
- The fourth layer’s built with high-density foundational foam.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Comfort)
Our scale for firmness level goes from 1 to 10 with 1 as the softest and 10 as the firmest. Both of these mattresses score around a 6, which is a very popular comfort level because it works well for a lot of different body types and sleep position preferences.
Despite similar firmnesses, the slower-responding plush top of Loom & Leaf offers a slightly different experience than the quicker-responding Casper, and it is quilted for a more pillowy feel. Their Relaxed Firm option should work well with back, side, and stomach sleepers, though stomach sleepers with substantially heavier cores may prefer their Firm version.
Casper’s universal support system was designed with versatility in mind and is suitable for an incredible range of body types in any position, especially with the addition of their Zoned Support™ system.
Both have cooling features to combat the heat retention of memory foam; L&L promotes cooling with the breathable organic cover along with the zoned gel cooling infused with the memory foam layer.
The two mattresses also position their denser layers of slower-responding memory foam away from the sleeper’s body to help keep the surface temperature regulated.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The sinkage of both mattresses, which is characterized as a gentle cradle, also helps with temperature regulation because you will sleep closer to the surface in both choices, a position that exposes your body to more circulating air.
The cover of the L&L keeps your body from sinking too deeply into the memory materials, though you might experience a slightly deeper cradle than Casper. Casper’s surface has a bit more bounce than the competition that can help ease repositioning, though neither bed typically requires effort in this area due to cushioning depth.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both choices perform exceptionally here due to their all-foam construction materials and thick layers including memory materials that can absorb reverberations that may cause a disturbance. Motion transfer should not be an issue for light sleepers on either mattress.
Comparing Edge Support
Because L&L does not compress their memory bed, they are able to use materials that do not compress as easily, which is an advantage for edge support where foam-based bed-in-a-box options sometimes do not perform as well, especially if they are compressed, which Casper is.
Casper does outperform the industry standard, however, and you should expect to feel well supported when lying down anywhere on the surface of either mattress. In the sitting position, there may be some compression in the seated position, with marginally more on Casper’s edge.
Casper vs. Loom & Leaf Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||Casper||Loom & Leaf|
|Materials||AirScape foam, responsive foam, Zoned Support™ transitional foam, dense base||Cooling Gel, Memory Foam, Transition Loft Pad, Poly Foam base|
|Cooling||More breathable surface layer with open design, strategic layering of memory foam, sleeping closer to surface||Gel panel, airflow through cover|
|Firmness||6/10||6/10 or 7.5/10|
|Sinkage||Gentle cradling||Gentle cradling|
|Warranty||10 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||180 nights|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||CertiPUR-US®, GOTS-Certified Organic Cotton|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Germany; In-Home Delivery an option in select areas||Ships to contiguous U.S. Company offers free White Glove Delivery.|
|Made in the USA||Designed and Assembled in USA||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Loom & Leaf Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,576|
Should I Buy Casper or Loom & Leaf?
Both choices offer a great range of advantages depending on what appeals to you. Though both have a similar firmness level, the feels are a little different.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Versatility. This company is striving for a “universal feel” with this mattress that could accommodate different sizes of people and the positions they prefer. Combination sleepers or couples who have different physical builds will sleep comfortably on this mattress.
- Enhanced spine support. By zoning the support, this mattress adds an extra bit of firmness where your body needs it while still relieving pressure that can build up on your shoulders and legs.
- Some bounce. The quick-responding top layer adds a bit of bounce to the mattress’ surface that can aid repositioning.
- A budget-friendly choice. This exceptionally comfortable and versatile bed is available for between 100 and 300 dollars less than its competitor.
We Would Recommend Buying Loom & Leaf if You are Looking for:
- Luxury at an affordable price. For your dollar, you are purchasing substantial luxury, including a plush-feeling cover and high-end memory materials with exceptional durability and a classic memory experience. The brand claims comparable luxury beds in the retail space can cost upwards of $4,000.
- Minimal offgassing. The factory process that compresses mattresses into a box can sometimes result in a slight odor upon unpacking that this mattress avoids by never compressing the materials so that it arrives at your door already aired out.
- Multiple firmness options. If your needs require a specific firmness, this brand is available in two different comfort levels: Relaxed Firm, which will be the most versatile, and Firm, which will provide additional support (great if you’re a strict stomach sleeper).
So, there you have it. What do you think?
Are you going to go for the luxury memory bed with a choice of comfort levels that can pass on significant savings by going to an online sales model? Or do you prefer the universal support and comfort system of Casper that can adapt to changing needs or very different partners for the best sleep?
Either way, we think you will be in for a treat with a memory bed updated with a modern support and comfort balance.