With Loom & Leaf, Saatva aims to produce a luxury-quality memory bed using environmentally conscious practices at a fraction of the cost of retail competitors. Unlike many other online brands, Loom & Leaf is never compressed into a box and is always professionally delivered.
Our in-depth review of the Loom & Leaf will take you through all the reasons this mattress stands out, from advanced cooling and support gel technology to premium memory materials. While you can order the bed in Relaxed Firm and Firm models, this review will hone in on their flagship Relaxed Firm option.
Keep reading for our in-depth analysis or jump ahead to read the conclusion and scoring sections.
Excellent Matches For Loom & Leaf
- Memory foam lovers – This bed contains 3 inches of high-quality memory layers that contour to your shape and is likely to give you a gently cradled feeling without letting you sink too deep to where you feel stuck.
- Hot sleepers – The company has included several features that help reduce heat retention associated with foam beds, including a breathable cotton cover and gel added into the 3-inch memory foam layer.
- Deal seekers – Using an online sales model, Saatva can eliminate the middleman and pass savings directly to the consumer. The company also believes they can offer more luxury by never compressing the mattress into a box.
Possible Loom & Leaf Considerations:
- It doesn’t have an innerspring feel. – For an all-foam bed, it should feel substantial, and the smart design should help you stay cool and comfortable. However, it offers minimal bounce, and its core has a different feel from the coil system you will find on Saatva’s innerspring bed.
- It doesn’t come in a box. – While this online brand doesn’t deliver their beds in a box, they do offer a very appealing free white glove delivery with your purchase. This way, the professionals come right to your door and set everything up for you. No heavy lifting is required!
Loom & Leaf on Our Best Lists
Construction: What’s Inside Loom & Leaf?
Every Loom & Leaf mattress comes with free White Glove Delivery Service, where professionals deliver and install your bed. This mattress works with most foundations, box springs, platform beds, and adjustable bases. Saatva has designed its own foundations, including an adjustable base, that are available for purchase through their website.
The cover is 100 percent certified organic cotton and is roughly an inch thick. A natural flame retardant made from thistles is used in place of harmful chemicals, and there are handles on both sides to help you position your bed. Additionally, the cover has Guardin™, a botanical antimicrobial treatment.
The mattress stands 12 inches tall and has three layers, all of which come from sustainable sources in the USA.
- Below the cover is a 3-inch memory foam layer for pressure relief. Laminated to the flat side of the foam is the company’s proprietary Spine-Zone Gel, a cooling gel panel that is positioned in the bed’s center for lumbar support and improved spinal alignment. This gel, which is typically found in hospital burn units, also absorbs body heat and transfers it away from the body.
- The middle layer is a 2-inch Transition Loft Pad made of traditional polyfoam. It is positioned between the memory materials and the high-density base layer to provide additional contouring.
- The base is 6 inches of dense poly foam that provides support to the sleeper and stability to the mattress.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
No unboxing or unwrapping with L&L—leave it to the professionals to set up your new mattress and remove your old one free of charge! When you look at your new bed, you should notice the soft organic cotton cover.
Though you would expect to sink a lot into 3 inches of quality memory materials, the quilted cover should help prevent you from sinking too far in. It should contour around your body, as memory materials do, and provide a soft yet supportive feel.
Firmness Scale: 6/10 (Relaxed Firm) 7.5 (Firm)
If you find yourself constantly waking up with aches and pains (generally around the areas that feel the most weight), your mattress probably isn’t doing a good job of relieving pressure. The trick is to find a bed with the right amount of cushion and support, which can be different for every body type, sleeping position, and personal preference.
The Loom & Leaf mattress is an all-foam construction with 3 inches of memory materials, and if you know anything about memory foam, it’s that it rocks at relieving pressure. You should experience a gently cradled sleep with great pressure relief on both the Relaxed Firm and Firm models, all the while feeling well-supported by the transition layer and dense foam base below. Though there is minimal bounce with this bed, the base, quick-responding top layer, and cover should help with repositioning.
A well-supported mattress can help foster good spine alignment, preventing long-term pain in areas such as the neck and back. L&L has a hefty foam base plus an additional poly foam transitional layer that not only helps the bed remain durable but also distributes your weight evenly and maintains spine alignment. Although there is not a ton of sinkage on the surface, the memory foam contours to your body, so the spaces between your curves and the bed should be filled.
The density and firmness should work well for heavier folks as well, especially on the Firm model.
Multiple Firmness Options
Because everyone’s firmness preferences are different, this product comes in two different firmness options. Those that prefer a more sturdy surface can choose the Firm option, and a slightly softer choice is the Relaxed Firm model.
Free White Glove Delivery
L&L doesn’t come in a box, but it still comes with an extra convenient delivery. The company includes professional installation and removal of your old mattress for free with every order.
L&L takes extra precautions to combat overheating that can occur on foam beds, including the breathable organic cotton cover and the gel-infused memory foam that’s designed to target the areas that tend to retain heat (like the lumbar area).
Great Motion Isolation
Loom & Leaf excels at isolating motion, as is customary for all-foam beds. Partners, kids, or pets moving around throughout the night across the bed shouldn’t disturb your rest because of the absorbent memory materials.
This brand is focused on encouraging an environmentally friendly manufacturing process and product. They incorporate multiple eco-friendly, safe measures into the production of the L&L. From a GOTS-certified organic cover to a natural flame retardant barrier, this brand is a good match for those who value more eco-friendly mattresses.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Want to use your new bed on an adjustable base? Saatva designed this bed with this in mind. In fact, the company sells its own adjustable frame specifically made to fit Saatva products.
Handcrafted in the USA
- Eco-Friendly Certifications - This CertiPUR-US bed’s foams have been rigorously tested for dangerous levels of chemicals, including formaldehyde, ozone depleters, or toxic flame retardants.
- Certified Natural Materials - Cotton in the cover is GOTS-certified, which means the cotton meets the international third-party standard to be certified organic.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping is available within the continental U.S.
- Trial - You can try this mattress for 365 nights, and if you decide you do not like it, you can return it for a small transportation fee.
- Warranty - This product comes with a lifetime warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||$1,195|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$1,575|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||$2,295|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$2,395|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$2,745|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$2,745|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 12”||$3,150|
|Split Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$3,150|
Those that want the pressure-relieving benefits of memory foam without feeling trapped or sinking into bed should love Loom & Leaf. The mattress should stay cool all night long and feel luxurious while maintaining a low price point.
Side sleepers will appreciate the pressure relief that the L&L Relaxed Firm mattress can offer through their hips and shoulders. The foam should cradle their heaviest points and support their spines in a straight position for a restful night’s sleep.
Those who sleep on their backs can find discomfort in the lumbar area if they are not well-supported by their mattress. Most will find that the quilted cover and memory foam contours nicely to their lower back, while the high-density base layer supports good spine alignment. Those that like a harder surface might like the Firm model.
Stomach sleepers generally need extra support around the hips, where most of the weight is centered. L&L should work for most stomach sleepers because it is a little firmer and does not allow much sinkage. Some might prefer the Firm option, which will keep their hips from dipping too low into the mattress.
If you tend to move positions throughout the night, you’re a combination sleeper. Repositioning should be a breeze on L&L—especially for a memory bed—because of the tightly quilted cover and lower dense foams; you should not feel stuck. The overall feel is pretty versatile, so you should be comfortable in most positions.
L&L kills it in the motion transfer category. Most couples will enjoy the versatile feel and high-quality materials that provide good support. This bed’s on the firmer end of the spectrum, so if you are a couple with a significant difference in body weight or one of you prefers a soft bed, this might not be your choice.
Those on the heavier side need a bed with lots of good support made with durable materials. L&L provides that with its sturdy base and durable foams. While the Relaxed Firm might be a bit too soft for some, sleepers with heavier weight considerations may opt for the Firm mattress for the added support, especially stomach or back sleepers.
Lightweight sleepers tend to need softer beds to enjoy all of the comfort and support layers in a bed. This bed does not allow for much sinkage, so many lighter folks will not be able to come into contact with the lower foams and might find this mattress a bit too firm, especially when lying on their side.
Loom & Leaf is a tremendous all-foam choice made with higher-end materials offered at a lower cost due to the online sales model. The zoned cooling, organic cotton cover, and durable comfort and support foams are luxurious features that may be your ticket to amazing sleep for years to come.