Want a bed that is made just for you? Both of these brands will construct your new mattress upon purchase, ensuring your bed was made with you in mind.
This battle between Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed will compare and contrast these two hybrids. We will let you know what the top features are for either model and which types of shoppers these qualities work best for.
Our in-depth reviews for either product will give you an up close and personal look at each bed:
Quick Comparison: Brooklyn Aurora and WinkBed
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
SLEEPADVISOR300 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
This luxury hybrid is constructed using foam and coils. The company compresses this item before shipping it inside of a box.
The cotton cover of this 13-inch mattress features phase-changing technology to promote temperature control.
- The top layer holds 1.5 inches of copper gel-infused Energex™ foam that boasts a temperature-regulating TitanCool™ technology. This material is designed to be responsive to reduce body impressions.
- The second layer consists of a 2-inch latex-alternative called TitanFlex™. Shoppers are meant to experience contouring and bounce from this material.
- The third layer contains a Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam that is an inch thick. Gel is infused into this layer to further ensure the sleeper stays cool while sleeping on the bed.
- The fourth layer utilizes Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils standing 8 inches tall to promote personalized compression as each coil reacts independently to the sleeper’s weight, position, and movement.
- The base layer creates stability for the upper materials using an inch thick base foam.
- The perimeter promises a solid edge through the use of reinforced coils.
Tencel is used inside this cover to promote moisture wicking and temperature control. The mattress is 13.5 inches in height, though certain firmness options may slightly vary. This breakdown will discuss the construction of the Luxury Firm version.
- The initial layer holds 2 inches of Hypersoft Gel Foam designed to respond quickly and contour to the body. This is quilted into the Tencel cover to create a luxurious EuroTop.
- The second layer is 2.5 inches of SupportCell foam for added comfort as you go into the coil unit.
- The innerspring layer consists of Pocketed Tempered Steel Coils that are 8 inches in height. The pocketed design promotes airflow and a deep level of contouring and bounce. This layer also provides zone support and the edge-to-edge coils should prevent sagging along the perimeter.
- The base creates a sturdy foundation for the entire bed using 1 inch of polyfoam.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Aurora is scored at true medium 5 out of 10 on our comfort and firmness scale (learn more here), the company has ranked their softer version at 3 and their firmer model at 7. This 1-10 system gives shoppers an idea of how each item will perform by indicating its firmness level. The lower the score, the softer the mattress, the higher the score, the firmer the feel and the bed.
WinkBed’s Luxury Firm is ranked at a medium-firm 6.5. The company has scored their softer mattress at 4.5 and their firmer option at 7.5.
Thanks to multiple cooling gels, both beds are likely to feel cool when shoppers first lie on down on them. Both products should offer soothing pressure relief with deeper levels of support once the coil systems become activated.
The materials in either mattress respond quickly, which allows them to fill in body impressions left behind as people change position in their sleep.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
There should be minimal sinkage in either mattress’ medium option, resulting in a gentle cradle that allows shoppers to lie on top of, rather than “in” their beds. This allows air to flow around the body, promoting cooler sleep. Both brands offer three firmness options if you’d like less or more sinkage.
The Aurora offers moderate levels of bounce. The WinkBed’s upper materials dampen the bounce a little at first but the lower springs increase the amount that is present. This results in minimal bounce in the upper layers with ample deeper-level bounce.
Either model is likely to allow combination sleepers to move around easily due to the bouncy coils and quickly responding materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Shoppers who share their bed with partners, pets, or children are likely to prefer enhanced motion control that absorbs movement, reducing disruption. WinkBed and Aurora should perform about the same in this category, with both beds featuring a coil unit to help promote motion isolation during the night.
Comparing Edge Support
Both brands offer reinforced edges and minimal sinkage, which allows people to roll right up to the edge while still feeling supported. Both beds are exceptional in this category and should be a great option for couples who want to spread out a little or people who like to hug the edge of their mattress when sleeping.
Brooklyn Aurora vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Cotton with a phase change blend||Tencel|
|Materials||Base Foam, Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, TitanFlex™, and Copper Gel Energex™ Foam||Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam, SupportCell Foam, Pocketed Coils, Polyfoam|
|Cooling||Pocketed coils, materials infused with cooling gel and copper, phase change technology in cover||Tencel, cooling gels, pocketed coils, double coil systems|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Moderate||Minimal upper-level bounce, moderate deeper-level bounce|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Class 1
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States, additional fee required to ship to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, free White Glove service may be available in showrooms||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)||Winkbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Brooklyn Aurora or WinkBed?
Which hybrid is the right choice for you? Let’s take a look at our recommendations for which beds suit which shoppers to find out.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Customers can choose between Soft, Medium, and Firm models to find the comfort level that suits their needs.
- A cool hybrid with extra motion control. Lots of cooling technologies, like gels and pocketed coil designs, promise to prevent overheating. Multiple foam layers should help to absorb the movement present in the coil system, which is meant to aid in motion control.
- Enhanced edge support. This mattress shines with enhanced edge support provided by extra firm coils around the outer edges of the mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus models are available so that people can find the right bed for their individual preferences.
- A cool hybrid with enhanced bounce. This mattress utilizes gels, Tencel materials, and pocketed springs to promote temperature-regulation. The spring unit and quickly responding foams promote bounce, especially deeper in the bed. This promises easy repositioning and enhanced mobility.
- Zone support. The coil unit is designed with multiple support zones to pushback in areas where there’s excess pressure such as the lumar region and provide exceptional back support.
If you are looking for a cool hybrid with a variety of firmness levels to choose from, you’ve come to the right place because either of these beds has got just that. The Aurora steps up their hybrid game by offering exceptional edge support and lots of bounce. WinkBed works to minimize motion transfer and enhance lumbar support.
Head back up to the top of this guide to check out our individual reviews for each brand.