What is cooler, saving hundreds of dollars on quality memory foam or one of the coolest (as in cold) hybrids on the market? Two kinds of cool, but both worthy of exploring in our comparison between Nectar and Aurora Luxe.
Brooklyn Bedding Manufactures their mattresses in the hot state of Arizona, and this is their luxury hybrid designed for folks who battle sleep heat. This hybrid mattress is cleverly constructed with foam and coils to not only battle heat but to also provide optimal comfort.
Nectar Sleep offers only one bed, and their customers adore it. They have successfully constructed a mattress that fosters the contouring comfort of foam without sacrificing support, and they do it at a fraction of the price of many competing brands.
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs. Aurora Luxe
- Relieves pressure
- Traditional memory foam feel
- 365-night trial period
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
This review covers only the most important details, for the full scoop take a look at our comprehensive analysis of these products below.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
The inside of Nectar is manufactured with a complete foam construction. It is tightly compressed into a large bag, so it can be easily delivered right on your doorstep.
The bed features a breathable poly-blend cover. Encased by the cover are 12 inches of foam materials that support and conform to the sleepers anatomy.
Quilted beneath the blended cover is memory material infused with a gel that should enhance cooling and comfort.
- The surface layer has 2 inches of memory foam. This layer is gel-infused to better expel heat across the surface and away from the sleeper.
- The second layer is a 4-inch soft conventional foam. This material should provide support and facilitate the transition of heavier areas into the foundation of the bed.
- The bottom is constructed with a standard conventional foam. This durable foam towers above the others at 6 inches tall.
Aurora Luxe Construction
This bed-in-a-box product ships from Brooklyn Bedding’s factory in Arizona. It is rolled and vacuum sealed in a box and is delivered to your home.
The cotton blend cover uses phase-change thermo knitting. This tech is designed to adapt to the body’s temperature in order to maintain a regulated surface temperature. This surrounds and protects 13 inches of bedding materials beneath.
- The top layer, this 1.5-inch Copper Gel Energex™ foam is embedded with TitanCool™ tech. This responsive foam fosters pressure relief and should not overheat due to copper cooling technology.
- The following layer brings a 2-inch TitanFlex™ material. This is the brands hyper-elastic latex-alternative and should provide added bounce and additional contouring.
- The middle layer, 1-inch of swirl visco-elastic memory foam forms this transitional layer. This eases the weight of the sleeper from foam to supportive coils beneath.
- The fourth layer, this is 8 inches of Quantum Edge™ pocketed coils. These equip its edges with durability, support, and stability. Lining the perimeter of the bed are reinforced coils for additional support.
- The base is comprised of 1-inch of foam that makes up Aurora Luxe’s foundation.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Each mattress reviewed by Sleep Advisor is rated with our firmness system which places them on a range from 1 to 10, with a 1 being like sleeping on air. The Nectar scores a 6.5, which puts it in a Medium-Firm range, while the Medium firmness option of the Aurora Luxe scores at a 5, a score right in the middle, making this a Medium feeling bed.
Both of these beds should be an excellent choice for most sleeping positions. They use materials that fill the spaces between the curves for back sleepers. Either of these options should work well for side sleepers looking for ample pressure relief in their shoulders and hips.
Many side sleepers should enjoy the pressure relieving foams of the Nectar, but the Aurora Luxe has a substantial amount of foam and is a tad softer, so either should work great.
Finding lower body support for stomach sleepers can be difficult, but both of these options should do the trick. The Nectar is a tad firmer, but the Aurora Luxe offers their Firm option, which is rated at a 7 on our firmness scale. People who enjoy an exceptionally firm bed might like this a tad more, and people looking for an even softer bed should enjoy the Soft model of the Aurora Luxe, which is rated at a 3 on our firmness scale.
Either of these choices makes a great option for people looking for first-rate pressure relief and support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
When it comes to sinkage, both these products should offer slightly different experiences. Memory Foam lovers go head over heels for that deep hugging sensation, and Nectar provides. While Aurora Luxe offers a shallower cradle and bounce.
In terms of bounce, well, Nectar’s got nearly none. Despite having practically no bounce, sleepers should find that it is not hard to reposition on this bed.
Repositioning in the Aurora Luxe is a cinch, as the TitanFlex™ layer and coils give this bed a balanced level of surface and inner layer bounce.
Comparing Motion Transfer
A bed with a high rate of motion isolation can allow you to sleep unaware each time your partner wakes up to go to the bathroom. Almost nothing stops sleep-related movements like memory foam mattresses do. This is an area where Nectar truly shines, as it anchors nearly all motion to one side of the bed.
The Aurora Luxe is a bouncy bed, but does that mean it cannot contain motion? The short answer is no. Although bounce heightens movement, the pocket coils operate separate of one another, this combined with the memory material in the middle layer, equips this mattress with relatively high motion isolation.
The Aurora Luxe handles most motions extremely well, but if you have a partner who likes to jump into bed like its the last round of a cannonball contest, then you might want to go with Nectar.
Comparing Edge Support
Strong edges allow sleepers to take full advantage of their entire sleeping space by allowing them to sleep up to the edge. When comparing these two products in this area, Aurora Luxe takes the trophy.
Aurora’s coil system provides superb edge reinforcement that can be difficult to find in bed-in-a-box options. This does not completely take Nectar out of the competition though, as Nectar supports some pretty strong edges for what is expected of a memory bed. Both options perform above the industry standard, but if a partner has you sleeping along the edge every night, the Aurora Luxe might be your the better option.
Nectar vs. Aurora Luxe Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted to memory foam||Cotton blended with phase change thermo knitting|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, TitanFlex™, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, Quantum Edge™
Pocketed Coils, Base Foam
|Cooling||Gel in the memory foam layer, breathable cover||Phase change cooling cover, gel in the memory material, coils, copper in foam|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Free shipping in the contiguous US. Delivery fee for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Aurora Luxe Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$1,249|
Should I Buy Nectar or Aurora Luxe?
Both of these options offer quality comfort and support. To help you decide, here are some key takeaways.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- Memory foam. There is a reason this is one of the most popular memory mattresses on the market. It gives sleepers that classic memory feel while providing the support that many memory options lack.
- Great motion isolation is another perk associated with memory material, and Nectar is no exception. While your partner restlessly tosses and turns throughout the night, you should feel better knowing their movements should not affect you.
- A stellar deal. Customers should get what they pay for and Nectar gives theirs just a little bit more. A few reasons this bed has done so well is because of its attractive price, year-long trial, and a forever warranty as the cherry on top.
We Would Recommend Buying Aurora Luxe if You are Looking for:
- Cooling. This product comes equipped with a long list of temperature technology that should keep even the hottest of sleepers cool.
- Some extra bounce. While Aurora Luxe may cool you off, bouncy coils can help heat things up by adding a little spring into your sex life. Bounce is also a great component for repositioning sleepers.
- Multiple firmness options. Brooklyn Bedding offers three firmness choices to help get sleepers into the right bed. The Aurora Luxe comes in Soft, Medium, and Firm options.
Purchasing a mattress often comes down to comparing preferences and product specifications. Either one of these mattresses could make a great sleeping option, it just depends on who you are. Remember, if you have made a selection or you are still struggling, feel free to check out our in-depth reviews on either of these products.