For this match-up, we have two memory beds designed to hold your body in a deep classic hug. First is Nectar, with its industry-leading sleep trial that gives you 365 nights to decide if you want to keep it from a company that’s been making waves with their exceptional value. The other is Layla, a bed that gives you more bang for your buck with dual sided firmness and cutting-edge cooling features that help the foams from running too hot.
Both offer great value for the price and top-notch pressure relief, but in Nectar vs. Layla, which one will emerge the winner for your individual needs?
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs. Layla
- Relieves pressure
- Traditional memory foam feel
- 365-night trial period
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- Double-sided firmness
- Copper-infused memory foam
- 120-nights trial period
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar’s all-foam design is dropped off at your door compressed into a box.
The cover is breathable poly-blend material that is quilted to a layer of gel memory materials for added comfort. Altogether, the mattress stands 12 inches tall.
- The top layer is a 3-inch layer of memory materials that contour to your shape and are infused with gel to enhance temperature regulation.
- The second layer is a soft conventional foam. This quick-responding 2-inch layer is slightly firmer and provides transitional support.
- The third layer is a 7-inch thick standard conventional foam that provides the bed’s shape and support.
Layla is a 10-inch memory bed that is also delivered to your door rolled into a box.
Its fully-removable cover is designed with a polyester that is blended with stretchy viscose and lycra. An infusion of cooling ThermoGel® helps regulate the surface temperature, and it feels cool to the touch.
- The top layer is a 3-inch piece of memory foam infused with copper that provides comfort and pressure relief. The copper contains properties that help conduct heat away from the body, keep the foam germ-free, and offers additional support where it is most needed.
- The second layer is convoluted for airflow, meaning its structure has dips and channels like egg crates. This 2-inch layer helps keep the temperature regulated and provides additional support and pressure relief for the sleeper.
- The third layer is the structural core of the bed that stands 4 inches thick and supports your spinal alignment.
- The fourth layer is 1 inch of copper-infused memory materials that forms the surface of the bed when it is flipped to the Firm side.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our 1 to 10 scale for firmness, Nectar is in the Medium to Medium-Firm range with a score of 6.5, where 10 is the firmest. Depending on which side you flip to, Layla scores at either a Soft 4 or a Firm 7.
Mattresses in Nectar’s firmness range tend to be the most versatile, but Layla’s dual-sided construction allows you to tailor the bed to your individual needs. Each choice should accommodate most individuals in all three sleeping positions.
Slow-responding memory materials in Nectar uniformly hugs the full length of your body, and the Medium-Soft Layla’s 5 inches of comfort foam that lets your body slowly sink into a deep cradling experience. Side sleepers should especially appreciate the pressure relief on offer from each choice because of their tendency to sleep with their weight more concentrated, which can cause pressure points to form.
Those who sleep with partners with distinct body shapes and sleeping preferences or combination sleepers who change positions a lot can enjoy the versatility of Nectar’s feel and the slightly shallower, although still deep, cradle.
Those with more specialized sleep needs may find Layla is a better fit. For example, exclusive side sleepers with pronounced curves may find the Medium-Soft’s slightly deeper cradle is especially accommodative. Also, exclusive stomach sleepers, especially those with significantly more weight in their mid-sections, may find the Medium-Firm option offers enhanced spinal alignment.
Comparing Motion Transfer
All-foam beds with memory materials perform beautifully with motion isolation, so it was not surprising to see both beds achieved high marks in this category. Light-sleepers who share their bed will be satisfied with each bed’s ability to absorb movement and reduce disturbance.
Comparing Edge Support
Both mattresses performed slightly better than expected in this category for all-foam constructions in the bed-in-a-box market, which is not necessarily known for supportive edges. With both, you will notice some compression when you sit on the side but should feel secure and comfortable lying close to the edge.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Beds with memory foam tend to absorb weight without a lot of pushback, and both beds have pretty minimal bounce. Each also holds your body in a deep hug that contours to your curves, which is the traditional memory bed experience.
Most individuals should be able to move around without difficulty on either bed, but note that Layla’s cradle is slightly deeper. If you are someone who prefers to sleep closer to the surface, Layla does have a Firm side with a shallower cradle and a bit more bounce that helps ease repositioning.
Nectar vs. Layla Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted to memory foam||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam|
|Cooling||Gel in the memory foam layer, breathable cover||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.|
|Firmness||6.5/10||4 or 7/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Bounce||No||No; some surface level on the Firm side|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Ships to U.S. and Canada|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||Layla Price(w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or Layla?
Nectar and Layla are quality memory beds and have a lot to offer. Which you choose will largely depend on your individual preference.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- Exceptional value. The quality of materials and length of warranty at a fabulous price point represents a truly fantastic value in the online mattress space.
- Versatile firmness. Beds in the Medium to Medium-Firm range tend to be the most accommodative, which is an advantage for couples with different body types or position preferences as well as combination sleepers who like to change things up.
- A long sleep trial. With this company’s industry-leading sleep trial, you can spend a whole year deciding if this bed is right for you or return it for your money back.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- Multiple firmness options. If your firmness preferences require something slightly to the softer or firmer side of Medium, Layla offers both options for a more tailored fit.
- A deeper cradle. The Soft side will hold your body in a slightly deeper cradle than what is offered by the competition.
- Sleep hot. With the inclusion of super-conductor copper, ThermoGel® in the cover, and convoluted foam, this product has taken extra measures to combat the heat retention associated with memory materials and keep the sleeper’s temperature well regulated through the night.
In the end, there is no clear winner in this contest because there are significant advantages to each depending on what has brought you to the mattress market. Either direction you go, you will be getting a truly spectacular memory bed that will melt away your pressure points while offering good spine support.
If you need something that can accommodate a couple with different tastes or are shopping for significant value, you may want to go with Nectar. If you are looking for advanced cooling technology and dual-sided firmness for more specialized options, then Layla may fit the bill.
If you’re still having trouble deciding, check out our in-depth reviews.