Have you narrowed your mattress search down to a hybrid construction?
We’ve got two great hybrids competing for your attention in our DreamCloud Premier vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison.
DreamCloud stands behind their products with a confidence fueled by 100 combined years of sleep industry experience. Brooklyn Bedding was built from the ground up by two brothers with a refurbished delivery truck. Both brands believe good sleep starts with a good mattress that doesn’t have to empty your wallet.
Be sure to explore our in-depth reviews for more information on each product:
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud Premier vs. Brooklyn Aurora
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
This bed-in-a-box is a hybrid product built with coils topped by foams.
The plush, CASHEX cashmere blend 1.5-inch cover should provide a luxurious feel for owners of this 15-inch mattress, incorporating quilting to the first two layers of polyfoam.
- The top layer is a 1.5-inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam. This should provide contouring pressure relief and promote cooling.
- The next layer has been made up of a 2.5 inch standard foam to transition above the coils. This is meant to provide a plush feel and enhanced relief of pressure points like the shoulders and hips.
- The fifth layer houses the coil system that measures 8 inches in height and is reinforced around the edges. This is meant to provide stability to the upper materials and to compress or pushback as needed. The individually pocketed coils are meant to reduce motion transfer by isolating movement.
- The final layer is a 1.5-inch thick High Density Foam. This is meant to further absorb movement and to provide a stable surface for the coil system.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
This is a foam, latex alternative, and coil hybrid with multiple comfort options. This product ships compressed in a box.
This 13-inch bed features a soft cotton cover blended with the phase changing TitanCool fabric to help prevent overheating.
- The top layer is made up of 1.5 inches of the latex alternative Copper Gel Energex™ With TitanCool. The cooling properties in this layer are meant to further prevent overheating and help regulate body temperature.
- The second layer holds the proprietary, TitanFlex™ at a height of 2 inches. This should adapt to the sleeper’s weight to provide the right amount of support or pressure relief depending on lighter or heavier areas of the body.
- The third layer contains 1 inch of Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam. This should promote deep contouring and pressure relief for heavier sleepers who sink through the comfort materials. This should also act as a transition between the comfort and support levels.
- The fourth layer contains 8-inch Quantum Edge™ Encased Coils. This coil system relies on foam casing and an individually pocketed design to absorb motion. The coils should provide support, pressure relief, and reinforced edges.
- The bottom layer consists of a Base Support Foam that is an inch thick. This material should further aid in minimizing motion transfer and adds stability to the entire mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using a firmness system of 1-10, we have ranked both brands using our comfort scale that sees 1 as feather soft and 10 as rock firm. This should help determine which mattress will best suit individual position preferences.
DreamCloud Premier comes in at a 5.5 on this scale, which should feel like a true medium or perhaps a slight medium-firm depending on your size. This should be ideal for most sleep types. This mattress features a plush cover that should add a soft feel, along with pocket coils that should provide either pressure relief or support depending on the sleeper’s weight and position.
The Aurora features a soft and cool cover with phase-changing technology quilted into it and is available in multiple comfort levels. The medium option has earned a true medium level of 5, the soft version ranks at a 3, and the firm level at a 7. Side sleepers may prefer soft, as this allows for more pressure relief for the shoulders and hips, while stomach sleepers may prefer the firm support.
Anyone looking for a true medium experience could opt for either brand. Those looking for a softer or firmer feel will likely prefer the customization of the Aurora.
Both products feature materials that should reshape and reform quickly. Combination sleepers should be able to move around easily on either bed.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both beds offer deeper sinkage, though Aurora has more feel options if you prefer to sleep in a gentler cradle.
DreamCloud Premier should provide moderate bounce, both from the coil system and the deeper latex material in the third layer. Aurora should also provide ample bounce, though you should encounter this feature higher in the bed as the second TitanFlex™ layer should perform like springy latex in conjunction with the coil system. Either product should allow for easy repositioning so you don’t feel “stuck” in the foam.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Being hybrids, both brands land somewhere in the middle of all-foam and innerspring products when it comes to motion control. All-foam tends to absorb the most energy, while innersprings often allow movement to spread throughout the entire coil system. Both of these beds should provide decent motion isolation, reducing the amount of movement as compared to traditional innersprings with their dense layers and individually pocketed coils.
Most shoppers do not consider motion transfer to be a major consideration when choosing a mattress that's best for you. Co-sleepers and people with wiggly pets who do consider this an important factor should find either brand performs as it should for a hybrid product.
Comparing Edge Support
Either of these items should provide enhanced edge support thanks to the DreamCloud’s reinforced coils and Aurora’s Quantum Edge support systems that should reinforce the mattress when sleepers lie or sit along the edge. This should be a great benefit to people who like to sprawl out along the edge of the mattress or for shoppers sharing their sleep space with partners or pets.
DreamCloud Premier and Brooklyn Aurora Compared Side-by-Side
|Features||DreamCloud Premier||Brooklyn Aurora|
|Cover||CASHEX cashmere blend Quilted EuroTop||Cotton with phase changing fabric knitted into it|
|Materials||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils||Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, TitanFlex™, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, Quantum Edge™ |
Pocketed Coils, Base Foam
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Phase change cooling cover, gel in memory foam, coils, copper in foam|
|Sinkage||Deeper Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free shipping in the contiguous US. Delivery fee for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. White Glove Delivery often available at showrooms|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Brooklyn Aurora?
Both products should provide a hybrid feel, enhanced edge support, and moderate motion control.
With so many similarities, how do you choose the right bed for you? Your decision will likely come down to the preference-based features that present differently in each item. Keep reading as we break down which mattress should suit each preference.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- An affordable luxury feel. The plush cover and multiple layers of Soft foam should feel luxurious and inviting. The price point is designed to make this high-value product available to everyone.
- EuroTop with Coils. If you prefer the feel, bounce, and airflow of traditional coils topped with a pillowy finish, this model has some updates to make a traditional feel more modern.
- Extra time to decide on your purchase. The company offers a trial period that lasts a full year to test out your new bed before fully deciding whether or not it works for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Cooling technologies. Phase changing fabric, copper gels, gel-infused memory materials, and individually pocketed coils should ensure you never overheat on this bed.
- Multiple comfort options. Shoppers can choose between Soft, Medium, and Firm comfort levels.
- A hands-on shopping experience. The company boasts Arizona-based brick and mortar stores at which shoppers can experience their new bed first-hand.
Either mattress should be a great fit for all preferences thanks to multiple comfort options and true Medium feels. Both should suit combination sleepers well with their minimal sinkage and bounce.
To get a better idea of which bed suits you best, remember to head over to our in-depth reviews for each individual mattress.