Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
We’ve decided to pin against each other two of the hard hitters in the mattress industry: Novosbed vs. Leesa.
While the latter has been conveniently established as one of the most reliable solutions for the given price, the former has been making some definitive and serious statements throughout the last couple of years, offering quality at very reasonable prices.
With this said, the battle promises to be an interesting one which would certainly pose a lot of challenges when deciding which one is better. So, let’s quit wasting any further time and jump right at it. For an in-depth overview of each bed check our reviews:
Quick Comparison: Novosbed and Leesa
- Classic memory foam feel
- Affordable luxury
- Medium level firmness
- Offers increased support and durability
- Soft and springy to the touch
- 100-night risk-free trial
The bed takes advantage of a multilayered composition, and it is a total of 11 inches in height. The mattress is made out of a different kind of memory foam with regards to its density. You can choose between different firmness levels (see our full guide), but for the sake of this comparison, we’ve decided to take a look at the most popular option – the medium firm one. Let’s have a look at the construction.
- The 1st layer of the bed is designed to deliver the necessary comfort and cooling. The memory foam is 2 inches thick, and it is of ultra-density. It is intended to deliver a properly balanced sensation which gets you feeling as if you are sleeping on a cloud. At the same time, the layer is intended to properly relieve any potential unpleasant pressure points between your body and the mattress itself. The unit is also going to come with larger aeration holes which are specifically intended to ensure that there is a proper flow of air which runs throughout the entire surface.
- The 2nd layer of the bed has the same 2-inch thickness. It is also made of ultra-dense memory foam. The layer is designed to deliver the necessary support, alongside responsiveness and deep compression. This is the layer that’s referred to as the transitional one, and it is going to work on enhancing the pressure relief tremendously.
- The 3rd layer of the bed is intended to be the base. It is 7 inches in thickness, and should provide a solid foundation and deep compression support. The intention of the layer is to keep the integrity and stability of the entire bed.
The construction is obviously one of the most essential characteristics of the mattress. The bed is made entirely out of foams, and it also uses its proprietary material which is called Avena foam. Let’s have a look at it.
- The 1st layer is made out of Avena foam. That’s the proprietary blend that we mentioned. It has borrowed from some of the cooling capabilities of latex. The main difference is that it delivers enhanced contouring capabilities and it’s also stated to be cooler and far more durable than latex. This layer is actually 2 inches thick.
- The 2nd layer is the one that’s intended to deliver proper support. It is 2 inches thick, and it is made out of regular memory foam. The main intention is to provide you with serious spinal alignment as well as deep compression support.
- The 3rd layer of the bed is the foundation. It is a bit thinner compared to the Novosbed – it is just 6 inches, but it’s made of high-density and very reliable foam to deliver the necessary stability. The layer is designed to deliver the support, stability, and overall integrity of the bed.
As we mentioned above, the bed can come in a few different firmness levels including soft, medium and firm. In this battle, we’ve picked the medium option as it is closest to the Leesa. It scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale which is widely regarded as the ideal firmness for the wide majority of sleepers.
Now, the overall feel that the bed delivers is rather unique. Some memory foam mattresses can sink quite a lot. This one doesn’t do so, and it delivers a stable firm, yet comfortable, feel. The contouring has a good cradle – one of the main characteristics of a memory foam bed. You can experience the changes that are made around your body as you lie down. The transition is not that quick, and it is likely to take a few seconds before the bed can get accustomed to your shape.
The comfort complements the support in a very subtle, yet definitive way. The contouring should not going to make you feel as if you are battling against quicksand and the top layer delivers a proper responsiveness. The mattress doesn’t retain heat as much as some other memory foam beds do. All in all, it is a convenient bed which is available at a fairly affordable cost.
If there is one thing that you need to know about the Leesa bed, it’s that it is designed to deliver the ultimate universal firmness. Just as the Novosbed, it also scores a solid 6 out of 10, but the Avena foam on top makes it feel particularly plushy and luxurious.
The foam delivers a slight push-back and a latex-like feel that’s largely sought after by a lot of customers. It is designed to cool and sleep comfortably. The foam gives it enhanced breathability, and you should be able to rest assured that you wouldn’t wake up sweating through the middle of the night.
Leesa vs. Novosbed Side by Side Comparison
|Materials||Memory foam and Avena foam||Memory foam|
|Motion Transfer||Very Minimal||Very Minimal|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
Should I Buy Novosbed or Leesa?
It’s a close call. Both options provide some seriously enhanced capabilities, and they come at almost similar price points. This makes the decision even harder, even though if pressed, we’d have to say to follow your own needs and preferences.
The comprehensive technology behind the convenient Avena foam and the proprietary blend Leesa uses to deliver it helps it stand out in the market in general. It delivers a latex-like mattress sensation which is something a lot of people are looking forward to because of the cooling and the slightly expressed supportive push-back that you can feel.
The Novosbed is also something that you can go for if you prefer a traditional, contouring memory foam sensation. It may retain hit slightly more compared to the Leesa, but this is not an issue for all people.
At the same time, despite the great quality of both, the mattresses are available at a rather average price point, making sure that you can afford either. Of course, there are cheaper solutions, but for the money, they are two of the best options which are currently available out there.
Both options are awesome for the money you are about to spend, but keep your own needs in mind.
Author: Jill Thompson
I've been self-employed for almost four years and I would not change it for anything! I believe that anyone can achieve their goals with the right attitude and determination.
I'm an avid traveler (25+ countries and counting) that loves to meet new people doing amazing things.
When I'm not researching for the Sleep Advisor, you can find me reading, running, traveling, golfing, or meditating.
I wish you the very best on your journey!