Both Novosbed and Amerisleep are brands that deliver serious reliability and quality for a price that’s comparatively affordable.
However, there are some key differences when you compare the materials and the constructions that the brands use. Our comparison intends to expose both solutions and pin them against each other in a side-by-side manner.
Hopefully, this will help you to see the main differences and, essentially, to determine which one is better for your personal preferences. This review will focus on Amerisleep’s AS3 mattress against the Novosbed medium model. Let’s have a look and dive into it – Amerisleep vs. Novosbed.
Quick Comparison: Novosbed and Amerisleep
- Classic memory foam feel
- Affordable luxury
- Medium level firmness
- Medium feel
- Good cradling effect
- Proprietary Bio-Pur® foam
Starting off with the Novosbed, we’ve decided to use the medium-firm option for the comparison, even though you can choose a soft or a firm one as well.
The bed is layered, and there are different types of foams used in each of the layers. This is something that deserves a closer inspection.
- The 1st layer is made of regular, high-quality memory foam. Even though it is designed for both comfort and cooling, some people may be prone to heat retention issues. The comfort, however, is one-of-a-kind. It delivers splendid contouring, and you can feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. This is certainly something that’s worth your attention.
- The 2nd layer is another 2-inches of memory foam, but this one is a bit denser. It is intended to bring the necessary and much-needed support. At the same time, it transitions your weight evenly to the foundation, which is the thickest layer with the highest density.
- The 3rd layer is the base of the bed – it is designed to keep it all together in perfect alignment. It is 7 inches thick, and it guarantees that you receive the proper deep compression support. This allows heavier sleepers to get the proper spine alignment as well. It’s also great for different sleeping positions.
The Amerisleep mattresses are designed to deliver high-end performance and use established and reliable materials. What is more, you can find claims that the materials have been clinically tested to deliver a seriously enhanced sleeping sensation.
Regarding construction, there are three different layers to the AS3 model, which stands at 12 inches high. Let’s see how these 12 inches are distributed.
- The 1st layer is made of Bio-Pur™ foam, and it is 3 inches thick. The foam is designed to deliver comfort as well as coolness. Its main designation is to enhance the contouring usually expected of memory foam solutions. This foam is also an eco-friendly alternative to memory.
- The 2nd layer is 2 inches thick. The material used here is Affinity foam with HIVE® technology. HIVE® provides 5-zoned comfort, which means there’s extra cushioning and support where they’re needed most.
- The 3rd layer is also the last one, and it serves the role of a foundation. It’s the thickest one, and it measures 7 inches in height. The material used here is called Bio-Core™ support foam. This foam is designed to deliver the necessary deep compression support that heavier sleepers will certainly appreciate.
As we mentioned above, the bed offers a medium firmness, which is convenient and widely preferred by the majority of people. The bed scores a solid 6 out of 10. The memory foam molds around your body tightly, delivering substantial relief of pressure points between the mattress and your body.
At the same time, the support is very convenient. This is mainly thanks to the increased density in the second and third layers. It allows even heavier sleepers to enjoy proper alignment.
The firmness also accommodates different sleeping positions, which is something quite convenient. This is the main reason why it appeals to a wide range of users.
The Amerisleep AS3 has a medium firmness that we have rated a 5.5 out of 10. This makes it medium to medium-soft, depending on your size. The AS3 generally feels plushy and softer compared to the Novosbed.
This is something that a lot of people prefer. However, this might be a turning point for those who are not fans of expressed cradling and serious contouring. The bed is not extremely responsive, and people who move a lot during the night could be better off with something less molding.
On the other hand, these capabilities are quite important as they deliver enhanced spinal alignment, proper support, and superior pressure relief. If you are experiencing pain in your hips, shoulders, or back, this bed may help you out and you ought to keep it in mind.
Amerisleep vs. Novosbed Side by Side Comparison
|Materials||Bio-Pur™, Affinity foam with HIVE®, Bio-Core™ Support Foam||Memory Foam|
|Motion Transfer||Very Minimal||Very Minimal|
|Warranty||20 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||101 days|
Should I Buy the Novosbed or the Amerisleep?
If we have to be honest, it’s hard to determine which bed performs better. They both have very serious capabilities and should enhance your overall sleeping sensation.
With this said, we’d recommend the Novosbed if you:
- Prefer traditional memory foam mattresses. Memory foam offers exceptional contouring, enhanced pressure relief, and proper support.
- If you prefer sleeping on your side. Even though it’s appropriate for all sleeping positions, the deep compression support and the sinking of memory foam mattresses predispose side sleepers quite a lot.
We’d recommend the Amerisleep if you:
- Prefer medium beds. The AS3’s medium feel should be a good match for many sleepers. However, Amerisleep’s other models offer softer or firmer options to meet your individual needs.
- Don’t move a lot during the night. The cradling effect of the mattress is more pronounced in comparison to its counterpart.