Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Both Novosbed and Amerisleep are brands which deliver serious reliability and quality for a price that’s comparatively affordable.
However, there are some key differences when you compare the materials and the constructions that the brands use. That’s the intention of our comparison – to expose both solutions and pin them against each other in a side by side manner.
Hopefully, this will help you to see the main differences and, essentially, to determine which one is better for your personal preferences. Let’s have a look and dive into it – Amerisleep vs. Novosbed.
Quick Comparison: Novosbed and Amerisleep
- Classic memory foam feel
- Affordable luxury
- Medium level firmness
- Medium soft feel
- Good cradling effect
- Celliant-infused cover
Starting off with the Novosbed, we’ve decided to use the medium-firm option for the comparison, even though you can choose a soft or a firm one as well.
The bed is layered, and there are different types of foams used in each of the layers. This is something that deserves a closer inspection.
- The 1st layer is made of regular, high-quality memory foam. Even though it is designed for both comfort and cooling, some people may be prone to heat retention issues. The comfort, however, is one-of-a-kind. It delivers splendid contouring, and you can feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. This is certainly something that’s worth your attention.
- The 2nd layer is another 2-inches of memory foam, but this one is a bit denser. It is intended to bring the necessary and much-needed support. At the same time, it transitions your weight evenly to the foundation, which is the thickest layer with the highest density.
- The 3rd layer is the base of the bed – it is designed to keep it all together in perfect alignment. It is 7 inches thick, and it guarantees that you receive the proper deep compression support. This allows heavier sleepers to get the proper spine alignment as well. It’s also great for different sleeping positions.
The Amerisleep mattresses are designed to deliver high-end performance and use established and reliable materials. What is more, you can find claims that the materials have been clinically tested to deliver a seriously enhanced sleeping sensation.
Regarding construction, there are three different layers, and their best seller is AS4 model (formerly known as the Colonial) and it's 12″ inches high. Let’s see how these 12 inches are distributed.
- The 1st layer is made of Bio-Pur™ foam, and it is 2-inches thick. It is designed to deliver comfort as well as coolness, which is something quite substantial. Its main designation is to enhance the contouring that’s usually expected of memory foam solutions.
- The 2nd layer is 4 inches thick. The material used here is called Affinity layer with Surface Modified Technology (SMT), and it is designed to deliver the necessary transitional support.
- The 3rd layer is also the last one, and it serves the role of a foundation. It’s the thickest one, and it measures 7 inches in height. The material used here is called Bio-Core™ sag-free support foam. It would deliver the necessary deep compression support that heavier sleepers will certainly appreciate.
As we mentioned above, the bed offers a medium firmness which is convenient and widely preferred by the majority of people. This is something worth accounting for. It scores a solid 6 out of 10. The memory foam molds around your body tightly, delivering substantial relief of pressure points between the mattress and your body.
At the same time, the support is very convenient. This is mainly thanks to the increased density in the second and third layers. It allows even heavier sleepers to enjoy proper alignment.
It also accommodates different sleeping positions which is something quite convenient. This is the main reason for which it appeals to a wide range of users.
The medium soft mattress that we’ve decided to review here is 4.5-5 out of 10 regarding firmness. This makes it medium to medium-soft. It generally feels plushy and softer compared to the Novosbed.
This is something that a lot of people prefer. However, to those of you who are not fans of expressed cradling and serious contouring, this might be a turning point. The bed is not extremely responsive and people who move a lot during the night could be better off with something less molding.
On the other hand, these capabilities are quite important as they deliver enhanced spinal alignment, proper support, and superior pressure relief. If you are experiencing pain in your hips, shoulders or back, this is a bed may help you out and you ought to keep it in mind. Some people may have heat retention issues.
Amerisleep vs. Novosbed Side by Side Comparison
|Materials||Bio-Pur™, SMT, Bio-Core™ Support Foam||Memory Foam|
|Firmness||From 4.5 to 5 out of 10||6 /10|
|Motion Transfer||Very Minimal||Very Minimal|
|Warranty||20 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||101 days|
Should I Buy the Novosbed or the Amerisleep?
If we have to be honest, it’s hard to determine which one of the beds perform better. They both have very serious capabilities and can seriously enhance your overall sleeping sensation.
With this said, we’d recommend the Novosbed if you:
- Prefer traditional memory foam mattresses. It is characteristic with the serious contouring, enhanced pressure relief, and proper support.
- If you prefer sleeping on your side. Even though it’s appropriate for all sleeping positions, the deep compression support and the sinking of memory foam mattresses predispose side sleepers quite a lot.
We’d recommend the Amerisleep if you:
- Prefer softer beds. Even though the brand offers different firmness levels, all of them are characteristically plushy and softer in comparison.
- Don’t move a lot during the night. The cradling effect of the mattress is more pronounced in comparison to its counterpart.
Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.
I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.
I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”