“Better sleep for a better tomorrow.” Sleep is supposed to rejuvenate the body and mind, but for most people, that’s not the case. What if a bed was designed to deliver restorative sleep and enhanced cooling using eco-friendly materials all at an affordable price?
Sound too good to be true?
Veteran brand, Amerisleep, has the goal of revolutionizing the mattress industry and the AS3 Hybrid is its most popular bed yet. With a medium feel and a blend of proprietary foams and coils, sleepers should experience the pressure relief and support they seek.
Read this Amerisleep AS3 overview and stay tuned for all the essential details, or skip ahead for our final thoughts and scoring.
Who Do We Think Matches With Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid?
- Folk who overheat – The plant-based Bio-Pur® material features an open-cell foam that is designed to keep sleepers cool. The open-cell structure should allow air to flow freely throughout and wick away heat.
- Couples – This mattress has a lot of bounce, which many couples are looking for. And, it performs well when it comes to minimizing motion that could disturb one partner during sleep.
- Combination sleepers – And lastly, the AS3 is a great fit for people who like to change positions throughout the night. This hybrid has a lot to offer for combination sleepers because it has a good balance of pressure relief and support. Being more on the responsive side means sleepers should be able to move around without ever feeling stuck in the bed.
Possible Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a firm feel –Those who prefer a firm bed may find the AS3 too soft. While the medium feel should be a good fit for a variety of folks, some heavier stomach and back sleepers may notice some sinkage in their mid-sections.
Construction: What’s inside Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid?
Overall, this mattress stands 12 inches tall and has 3 layers.
- Underneath the cover is a comfort layer consisting of Amerisleep’s proprietary open-cell memory foam, Bio-Pur®. This foam is a blend of polyurethane foam and eco-friendly plant-based material and is designed to retain less body heat and sleep cooler than traditional memory foam.
- Next is the supportive core, which is made up of a pocketed coil system to provide lift and spinal alignment. Double-density coils around the perimeter offer excellent edge support to make it easier to get in and out of bed. Zoning in the coils helps to keep the body supported by lifting the back and offering more cushioning at the shoulders and hips.
- Finally a thin layer of transition foam is included as a strong and stable base.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
This hybrid ships directly to your door and arrives compressed in an eco-friendly box. The company recommends a firm foundation, such as a platform or slatted base with slats that are less than three inches apart. The soft and breathable two-toned cover has a zipper for easy removal and cleaning.
Overall, this bed has a medium feel, which most sleepers would experience as a comfortable hug. The foam layers are designed to offer noticeable contouring but are also more responsive than memory foam. This, along with the pocketed coils, give this bed a good amount of bounce, which can help with repositioning.
Firmness Scale: 5.5/10
Pressure relief is crucial for alleviating morning aches and pains. Pressure points can develop in heavier areas of the body if a bed doesn’t offer adequate relief.
The AS3 Hybrid features its proprietary Bio-Pur® foam as the comfort layer, aimed at offering targeted pressure relief. This material was created to be even more responsive than memory foam, contouring to the body’s curves for a deep cradle. Targeted zoning in the coils should allow the shoulders and hips to sink in, alleviating any excess strain.
Adequate support aims to balance out that sinking feel, keeping the body properly aligned. This bed features Amerisleep’s three zoned support system which delivers additional support under the lumbar region. This pushback support should help to keep the spine in a neutral alignment.
The final layer of transition foam was included to provide a firm and resilient base. As a hybrid, the pocketed coils should contribute to this bed’s durability, providing lasting support that doesn’t sink or sag.
Amerisleep ships all of its mattresses rolled and compressed in a box, making for an easier delivery. This process also cuts down on shipping costs, which the company passes along in savings to its customers.
Traditional memory materials tend to build up warmth, causing sleepers to overheat. This bed is designed to sleep cooler, thanks to the breathable, open-cell Bio-Pur® foam and individually pocketed coils that allow air to flow freely throughout.
Exceptional Edge Support
Coils typically provide good edge support so you can sleep on the entire surface of the bed or feel supported sitting on the edge to tie your shoes. The bed also has high-density foam around the coils that offers additional reinforcement.
Great Motion Isolation
Couples or folks who share a bed with pets or kids shouldn’t have to worry about their sleep being interrupted (at least not from motion). The foams and pocketed coils are designed to limit motion transfer so you can sleep peacefully regardless of what havoc is happening around you.
The individual coils give this bed a good amount of bounce and more responsiveness than the all-foam model. This is great for couples and those with limited mobility.
This mattress and its shipping container are made using eco-friendly materials. Bio-Pur® is partially made using plant-based materials instead of all petroleum.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The AS3 is compatible with adjustable bases, including the one this company makes.
Made in the USA
This third-party certification tests for harsh chemicals, including PBDEs, flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, ozone depleters, and phthalates. It also certifies low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can lead to poor air quality and exacerbate problems for those with sensitivities.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping is provided within the continental United States.
- Trial - Amerisleep gives customers 100 nights to test out their beds risk-free.
- Warranty - A generous 20-year warranty should offer shoppers peace of mind.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 74” x 12”||$1,649|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$1,699|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||$1,849|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$1,899|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$2,199|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$2,199|
|Split King||38" x 80" x 12"||$3,098|
The AS3 Hybrid offers a balance of pressure relief and support with cooling features that should make this a good fit for a variety of sleepers.
Lying on your side, you should experience a good amount of pressure relief in the shoulders and hips, thanks to the responsive foams and zoning in these areas. Being on the medium side, this bed would be an ideal choice for most side sleepers.
Back sleepers should feel the foams conforming nicely to the shape of the body and spine. The zoned support in the coils is designed to keep the spine in a neutral position and offer that pushback support most people are looking for. Some heavier back sleepers may prefer something a tad firmer for extra support.
Stomach sleepers may not feel as supported as the other two positions. This bed is a bit softer, so the midsection could sink in slightly. The support from the pocketed coils should help, but heavier stomach sleepers may find this bed is just too soft for this position.
Folks who change positions throughout the night should feel very comfortable on this bed, thanks to the balance of pressure relief and support. Unlike some foams, sleepers should never feel stuck due to the resilient Bio-Pur® foam and pushback support from the coils.
Couples should be very pleased with features like enhanced motion isolation, good edge support, and some bounce. Even partners who sleep in different positions may find that this mattress offers a good balance of features without requiring compromise.
Heavier individuals will likely prefer the AS3 Hybrid over the all-foam model. The coils should provide some extra support and durability to keep this mattress from sagging. Being on the softer side, this bed may be too soft for those with significant weight considerations who often prefer a medium-firm to firm feel.
Lighter folks weighing under 120 pounds will probably appreciate the softer nature of this mattress. While most beds have zoning that is geared for average to heavier frames, being on the soft side should allow even slender individuals to sink deeply enough to experience contouring relief. Regardless of sleeping position, this should be a good fit for lighter folks.
Amerisleep’s most popular mattress combines conforming pressure relief with pushback support in a middle-of-the-road medium feel. Enhanced cooling and eco-friendly materials add to the value this bed has to offer at an affordable price. Shoppers can test this bed out at one of the many showrooms or in the comfort of their homes, thanks to the 100-night risk-free trial.