If you are just starting out your mattress search and are lost in a sea of great choices, you have come to the right place. Nectar has built their brand on offering exceptional value, while WinkBed’s focus has been top-notch durability.
In Nectar vs. WinkBed comparison, we will break down the differences and advantages of an all-foam brand and a foam and innerspring hybrid and hopefully help you decide which one is going to give you the best possible rest.
For more specifics on each, read our in-depth reviews here:
Quick Comparison: Nectar vs. WinkBed
SLEEPADVISOR125 or click the button below
- Relieves pressure
- Traditional memory foam feel
- 365-night trial period
SLEEPADVISOR300 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar delivers their memory mattress compressed into a box for easy shipping.
Its construction stands 12 inches tall and is covered with a long-staple cotton mixed with Tencel fabric that offers breathability and moisture wicking. On its underside, there is a quilted-in layer of gel memory materials that provide additional plush comfort.
- The top layer includes 3 inches of memory materials that relieve pressure and hold your body in a warm hug. An infusion of gel helps to regulate the surface temperature.
- The second layer is the supportive, transitional layer that has a quicker response time that helps you feel less stuck. The 2-inch soft conventional foam assists with pressure relief while adding some extra support to the mattress’ structure.
- The base layer The base layer is the 7-inch foundation layer of standard conventional foam. This helps provide the bed with durability.
WinkBed is shipped in a box after being compressed for easy delivery.
The 14.5-inch structure is covered with a breathable textile called Tencel, chosen for its eco-friendly breathability and moisture wicking. For added plushness, the first two comfort layers are tufted to the cover fabric. Note that specifications for the Soft and Firm comfort levels vary slightly.
- The top layer has an exceptionally soft and quick-responding 1-inch foam that molds to your shape and helps you move around.
- The next layer includes 1-inch foam made with Stabilizing Gel that works to distribute pressure from your weight more uniformly for consistent pressure relief while the gel combats heat retention.
- The 3rd layer consists of Pocketed Micro Air-Springs™, 2.4-inch coils that compress individually to conform to your body while allowing air to circulate for temperature regulation.
- The 4th layer transitions between the two coil units with a three-quarter inch thick Lumbar Support Pad and gives the structure more stability while promoting spinal alignment in a neutral position.
- The fifth layer is 8 inches of spine-aligning pocketed coils made from tempered steel. It increases airflow, bounce, and durability.
- The last layer is 2 inches of support materials that form a stable base for the coils.
- The perimeter includes sturdy foam rails that are 4.5 inches thick for additional edge support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Despite having dramatically different constructions, Nectar and WinkBed’s Luxury Firm had similar scores on our scale that rates firmness from 1 to 10 where 10 is the firmest, with each scoring a 6.5. Both brands perform well for combination sleepers who alternate between resting on their backs, stomachs, or sides.
In Nectar, the first two comfort layers respond slowly to your weight and contour evenly to your every curve while the materials atop Winkbed are a bit quicker to react and wrap more gently against your shape. Both designs, however, were made to support your weight evenly and comfortably while relieving pressure on your joints.
Nectar’s supportive base provides good uniform support to your spine, and WinkBed really pulls out all the stops an advanced double coil unit support system, an advantage for those who need extra support or have significant weight considerations.
Medium-firm mattresses are extremely versatile and will provide comfortable sleep for the widest range of individuals, and we think most sleepers would be comfortably accommodated by either product. If your comfort levels are more specific, WinkBed does have a Soft and Firm model for additional pressure relief or additional support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Similar comfort levels do not correlate to similar feels. Nectar’s experience is definitely more of a deep hug within the mattress, while with WinkBed, you will feel more as if you are floating on top of it as it conforms to your curves for a gentle cradle.
Nectar’s comfort materials absorb pressure and wrap around your weight without pushback, but you should not feel constrained. However, WinkBed’s two different coil units offer a deep and pronounced bounce that helps to make repositioning effortless.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Nectar’s all-foam construction with memory comfort layers is hard to beat in this category because of foam’s ability to absorb vibrations and completely obstruct their potential to disturb a sleeping partner.
However, all of WinkBed’s coils flex independently of one another, which helps keep bounce contained, and comfort layers help isolate some of their reverberations. Motion transfer in this brand should not be disruptive, though if it is a concern, the softer WinkBed has more comfort materials.
Comparing Edge Support
Nectar performs better than expected for a bed-in-a-box all-foam brand. You might see some compression if you sit down on the edge but should sleep without noticing any significant loss in support or security near the side.
That said, WinkBed performs exceptionally in this category because of its edge-to-edge support system that includes sturdy coil units and rails to reinforce the edges for sitting or sleeping with no noticeable compression or loss of balance.
Edge support may be important to you if you share your sleep space with your partner and require extra room to stretch out.
Nectar vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Poly-blend quilted with memory foam||Stretch-knitted Tencel tufted to foam|
|Materials||Gel memory foam and conventional foams||Comfort foam, micro coils, stabilizing gel foam, lumbar support pad, pocketed steel coils|
|Cooling||Cover promotes airflow, gel in foam wicks heat||Breathable foams, surface sleeping position, airflow through coils|
|Firmness||6.5/10||4, 6.5, or 7.5/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||101 Nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S., White Glove Delivery is optional||Ships within the continental United States, White Glove Delivery offered|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||Nectar Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nectar or WinkBed?
Though both are exceptional choices in their respective markets, Nectar and WinkBed are two distinctive brands and which you prefer will hinge on your individual preference.
We Would Recommend Buying Nectar if You are Looking for:
- A memory bed feel. This mattress delivers a more traditional memory feel that contours to erase the pressure points. Updates to the material’s formulation ensure you are well supported and can change positions easily.
- Motion isolation. Memory materials lead the industry at blocking motion transfer from one side of a mattress to the other, and this brand is ideally suited for light sleepers who are often disturbed by a restless sleeping partner.
- A fantastic value. Nectar contributes an astonishing amount of quality materials for the price that should accommodate even those working with tighter budgets. The same features in stores could cost thousands more than this company is offering online.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Bounce. Combination sleepers who change positions a lot or sexually active couples will appreciate the amount of bounce it delivers from two different supportive coil systems. With updated coils that are pocketed, this product will isolate motion better than traditional innersprings.
- Enhanced edge-to-edge support. Between the two coil systems and the rails around the perimeter for reinforced edges, this mattress has got you covered in the support department, which is advantageous for couples needing more supportive edges or heavier individuals who need enhanced support systems. There is a Plus version as well promoted for sleepers over 300 pounds.
- Temperature control. Coil units are unmatched when it comes to promoting airflow through a mattress and this product has two of them to help keep the temperature under control. Gel in the top comfort layer will also help keep heat from getting trapped close to your body.
Despite their similar comfort levels, these brands could not be more different in terms of structure, and each offers unique features that will appeal to different preferences.
Are you in the market for an incredible value that will make you forget your pressure points and hold you in a contouring hug? Do you sleep especially light and need really great motion isolation? Then maybe Nectar is the mattress for you.
Does your rest depend on a state-of-the-art modern pocketed coil system and comfort layers that should keep you cool, align your spine, and make you feel like you are drifting to sleep on top of a cloud? Are your specific firmness needs softer or firmer than Medium? Then maybe WinkBed is a better personal choice.
We hope our comparison has helped you make your decision, but if you are still unsure, check back with our more in-depth reviews for more details on both of these brands.
Or take a look at our top bed picks here.