Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Have you decided on a hybrid construction but aren’t sure which brand to go with?
Our DreamCloud vs. WinkBed comparison will break down the materials and features of two hybrid mattresses and give suggestions for who each product should suit best.
Will you opt for the DreamCloud, an 6-layer bed-in-a-box mattress created using a combination of innovative sleep science research and 100 combined years of experience in the industry? Or WinkBed, the luxury hybrid available alongside a proprietary cooling base that was designed by a company who believes good health is dependant on good sleep?
Read our comparison guide to see how each mattress stacks up to your needs. Then check out our in-depth reviews for a detailed analysis of each brand:
Quick Comparison: DreamCloud and Winkbed
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
SLEEPADVISOR300 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This foam, latex, and coil hybrid product ships compressed in a box.
This 15-inch mattress features a plush, 2-inch cashmere cover designed to feel Soft and luxurious to the touch.
- The top layer beyond the Eurotop is a 1.5-inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam. This should feel Soft and cool, promoting pressure relief and temperature regulation.
- The next layer is 2.5 inches of support foam.
- The fifth layer is comprised of 8-inch tall pocket coils. These are great for motion isolation.
- The last layer is a 1.5-inch High Density Super Soft Memory Foam. This should further absorb energy to prevent movement from traveling through the entire mattress. This should also act as a sturdy base for the upper comfort materials.
This is a foam and coil hybrid bed-in-a-box system.
This product features a Tencel and stretch-knit cover that is meant to feel cool and silky to the touch.
This mattress comes in four comfort options, three of which stand at 15 inches tall, while the Soft option is 16 inches due to an extra 1 inch of Hypersoft Foam. We will break down the Luxury Firm’s construction as that should be a more versatile comfort feel that should most position preferences. We will note the differences between each version where applicable.
- The top layer is a Medium-Firm Euro-Pillow Top (this is Firmer on the Firm mattress). Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam that is 1 inch thick (the Soft bed uses 2 inches) and another 1-inch Premium Gel Foam make up this topper. These materials should feel cool and plush and should allow for pressure relieving cradling.
- The second layer contains Breathable Micro Air-Springs that are 2.4 inches tall. This system is meant to promote airflow to allow heat to travel away from the sleeper and prevent overheating.
- The third layer consists of .75 inches of LumbarLayer that should promote neutral spinal alignment and lumbar support. The Soft mattress features a slightly thicker LumbarLayer.
- The fourth layer is comprised of Individually Wrapped Coils that stand 8 inches in height. The coils are zoned with 7 comfort areas that should provide pressure relief to heavier areas of the body, like the shoulders and hips, and support to lighter areas like the head and feet.
- The last layer holds a Support Foam that is 2 inches in height. This should reduce motion transfer and provide a stable base for the mattress.
- The perimeter is made up of an ExtraEDGE Support System standing 4.5 inches. This consists of reinforced foam around the edges of the mattress to promote enhanced stability across the entire sleep surface.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our comfort rating system (our firmness scale), we will determine how these bed should feel on a scale of 1-10. This assumes that 1 is soft as a feather and 10 is firm as a rock.
DreamCloud sits at 5.5 on this scale, which should feel medium to medium-firm to most shoppers. The mattress features a mix of soft foam, memory foam and coils.
The DreamCloud should feel plush and inviting as the luxurious cover was designed to provide a high-end feel to this affordable boxed product. The foams inside this mattress should respond quickly for easy repositioning.
WinkBed’s Luxury Firm has a 6.5, making it just a little Firmer than the DreamCloud. The company’s Soft comes in at 4.5, Firm at 7.5, and Plus at an 8. The lumbar layer should allow for proper spinal alignment and even weight dispersion.
The cover should feel soft and cool to the touch, combining cooling technologies, a breathable construction, and a pillow top feel. The materials should reform quickly to prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” in the comfort foams.
The medium options of both beds should be a great fit for most sleep types. Shoppers requiring softer or firmer support should explore the other comfort levels available from WinkBed.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Buyers should experience a gentle cradle from WinkBed but sink a bit deeper into the other choice. DreamCloud should offer moderate deep-level bounce.
WinkBed should provide minimal bounce in the foam comfort layers with a more moderate bounce once the LumbarLayer and coils become activated.
The good bounce provided by these products should help ease movement for tossers and turners.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Most people do not consider motion transfer to be a top priority, though some co-sleepers may seek to reduce disturbances due to their partner’s tossing and turning. Being hybrids, both of these items should land between movement absorbing all-foam and motion transferring innersprings. Should motion control be a major concern, the DreamCloud may be the right option, as its multiple layers of foam may help to maintain motion transfer a little more than the WinkBed’s two coil systems.
Comparing Edge Support
Both brands perform well above average for bed-in-a-box edge support standards. Both offer reinforced edges, DreamCloud through an edge coil system, and WinkBed through reinforced foam. The WinkBed may be the best option for anyone seeking enhanced edge support, like couples who may wish to maximize sleep space, as its double coil system construction should provide exceptional support in this regard.
DreamCloud vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||Tencel and stretch-nit fabric|
|Materials||Memory foam, polyfoam, and coils||Foam and coils|
|Cooling||Breathable cover, gel-infused foam||Cooling gels, Tencel fabric, dual coils systems, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Moderate||Minimal, Moderate Deep Level Bounce|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free within the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii for an additional fee, White Glove Service is optional||Free within the continental United States, White Glove service is available|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy DreamCloud or WinkBed?
Both beds may be hybrids with Medium feels, but there are a few differences that are likely to win your heart. Check out our suggestions for who each bed should work best for.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud if You are Looking for:
- An affordable luxury experience. This company believes luxury shouldn’t mean expensive. The decadent cashmere cover and plush mattress topper are meant to provide a luxurious experience to all shoppers.
- A Medium feel. This mattress should feel Medium to Medium-Firm for most shoppers. This should suit most position preferences and is considered a universal comfort level.
- Good bounce. The coils inside this product should provide a moderate level of bounce. This should aid combination sleepers in repositioning and prevent shoppers from feeling “stuck” in the mattress.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. This bed is available in Soft, Luxury Firm, Firm, and Plus options so you can choose the comfort level that works best for you.
- Motion control and edge support. Couples or people who share their bed with pets and children should enjoy the enhanced edge support and solid motion control provided by this product.
- Cooling technology. Gels, Tencel fibers, and individually pocketed coils combine to overheating. The company also offers their proprietary DreamCool Mattress Protector to further promote a cool bed and sleeping experience.
Both brands should suit people of all preferences quite well with their Medium comfort options. Bounce and a Eurotop cover are stand-out features of the DreamCloud. WinkBed’s strengths lie in its cooling technologies, co-sleeping benefits, and multiple comfort options.
Remember to check out our in-depth reviews for a closer peek at each product.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.