Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Considering an all-foam or innerspring mattress for your next purchase?
This Nolah vs. WinkBed comparison will take a look at Nolah’s all-foam product that dedicates a portion of your purchase to help endangered wildlife. We’ll compare that to WinkBed’s dual-coil construction that is built specifically for you as soon as you order it.
Keep reading to see how these two products compare. Then check out our in-depth reviews for each product for a more comprehensive analysis of each one:
Quick Comparison: Nolah vs. WinkBed
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- Medium level firmness
- Good pressure relief
- Temperature neutral
Sleepadvisor200 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
- The top layer contains a 2-inch thick Cooling Nolah AirFoam™. This material should remain temperature neutral even as it contours to the body.
- The middle layer holds a 1-inch Supportive High-Resilience Foam. This section should provide bounce and durable support.
- The bottom layer contains 7 inches of High-Density Base Foam that should provide a durable foundation for the upper comfort materials.
This mattress is a bed-in-a-box hybrid featuring a combination of coils and foam.
The cover boasts a Tencel and stretch-knit fiber blend that should promote temperature regulation. We will focus on the construction of the Luxury Firm model, which stands 15 inches tall. Differences between the various comfort options will be noted below.
- The first layer is a Medium-Firm Euro-Pillow Top containing a 1-inch Gel-Infused Hypersoft Foam (the Soft model features a 2-inch topper). This material should provide pressure relief and temperature control. The Firmer and Softer versions of this bed feature pillow tops with slightly different feels to create the appropriate comfort levels.
- The second layer contains a 2.4-inch Breathable Micro Air-Spring™ system. This should provide both relief and support as the springs react to your body weight as needed. The breathable design should promote airflow to prevent overheating.
- The third layer is comprised of a .75-inch LumbarLayer that should provide solid support to the lower back region. This layer is thicker in the Soft version of this bed.
- The fourth layer holds 8-inch Individually Wrapped Coils featuring 7 comfort zones. This should allow for firmer support or gentle pressure relief where your body needs it most.
- The base layer is made up of a 2-inch Support Foam that should help absorb some motion from the coils above, promoting motion control.
- The perimeter contains a 4.5-inch thick ExtraEDGE Support System that utilizes reinforced foam to create a more stable sleep surface at the edge of the mattress.
The company also offers a Plus version for sleepers with considerable weight concerns. The construction of the Plus model is somewhat different to accommodate these shoppers’ needs.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our comfort scale assigns rankings between 1 and 10 for each mattress to determine how each bed should feel. This system assumes that 1 is incredibly soft and 10 is very firm.
Nolah’s Original mattress features a 4.5 to 5 on this scale, making it a medium to medium-soft comfort level. This should work for most sleepers, though side sleepers may be particularly drawn to this softer level of comfort.
Lying on the Nolah, you should find the cover to be soft and cool to the touch. The materials should reshape easily, faster than a traditional memory foam material but perhaps slightly slower than latex.
WinkBed’s Luxury Firm sits at a 6.5, which should feel more like a medium-firm to most shoppers. This should be ideal for back sleepers and for people who like to sleep on their stomach who prefer a firmer comfort level. The company’s Softer model has earned a 4.5, the Firmer option holds a score of 7.5, and the Plus is ranked as an 8.
The cover should feel cool and stretchy. The materials should reform quickly to reduce body impressions that could leave you feeling “stuck” in the foam.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Neither bed should allow for very much sinkage, instead offering a gentle cradle that contours to the body. Nolah should provide very minimal bounce, as its all-foam construction should dampen most movements. WinkBed should offer minimal bounce in the upper foam layers with a deeper bounce once the coils become activated.
Because WinkBed offers materials that are slightly quicker to respond, with more overall bounce, this product may be slightly more ideal for combination sleepers who move around frequently in their beds.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both items should do very well to minimize motion transfer, helping to reduce sleep disruptions due to antsy pets or children. Shoppers with heightened concerns in this area may want to consider the Nolah, as the coil units inside the WinkBed may allow more motion to travel through the mattress than the all-foam bed should.
Comparing Edge Support
Nolah should offer good edge support that performs as-expected for an all-foam product. Some compression may be noticed when lying on the edge, though this does not usually concern most shoppers.
People who prefer to sleep along the edge of the bed may want to opt for the WinkBed, as its reinforced foam edges and double coil systems should create a consistent feel all the across the mattress.
Nolah vs. WinkBed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester and Viscose||Stretch-nit and Tencel fabric|
|Materials||Polyfoam and AirFoam™||Coils and foam|
|Cooling||AirFoam™ and Viscose||Tencel, cooling gel, pocketed coils, two coil units|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Bounce||Minimal||Minimal upper, moderate deeper|
|Warranty||15 years||Lifetime warranty|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the continental United States||Free within the continental United States, White Glove service is available|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Nolah Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Nolah or WinkBed?
Still torn between the benefits of an all-foam or innerspring mattress? Let’s take a look at our recommendations to find out who each product should best work for.
We Would Recommend Buying Nolah if You are Looking for:
- An environmentally friendly brand. Shoppers can choose from a list of wildlife creatures to allow a part of their purchase to help support an animal in need. Penguins, polar bears, grizzlies, and eagles are just a few of the options available.
- All-foam comfort. This mattress should provide gentle pressure relief that contours to the body. Buyers should notice minimal bounce and enhanced motion control.
- A medium feel. This mattress features a medium to medium-soft comfort level that should suit people of most position preferences.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed if You are Looking for:
- A product made-to-order. The company will build your new bed when you order it. Your mattress will never be held in a factory or warehouse so you’ll know you’re getting a freshly made bed built just for you.
- An innerspring experience. This product should provide plenty of bounce with enhanced edge support. Sleepers should notice solid support that is enhanced by the included lumbar material.
- Multiple comfort options. Softer, Luxury Firm, and Firmer comfort options are available for purchase. The company also offers a Plus model for shoppers with more considerable weight concerns.
Both companies offer quality products that should provide a great night’s sleep. Shoppers who prefer minimal bounce, enhanced motion control, a medium feel, and pressure relief should opt for the all-foam Nolah. WinkBed should work well for people searching for moderate bounce, enhanced edge support, multiple comfort options, and a solid coil experience.
Be sure to read through our individual in-depth reviews for each item to get a closer look at their features and strengths.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.