Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Have you narrowed your mattress search down to an all-foam construction but aren’t sure what features you’re looking for in a bed?
Our Zenhaven and Nolah comparison will compare and contrast two all-foam products. One is offered by a Saatva brand that puts a unique spin on the bed-in-a-box market by shipping their products uncompressed and ready to use, and the other is a company dedicated to giving back to the environment through wildlife donations.
Be sure to read our in-depth reviews to learn more about each mattress choice:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven and Nolah
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- Medium level firmness
- Good pressure relief
- Temperature neutral
This latex bed switches up the traditional online mattress market by shipping uncompressed.
The cotton cover contains a 1-inch thick wool fire barrier that should promote temperature regulation. This 10-inch mattress is double-sided, featuring Gentle Firm and Luxury Plush comfort options. We will talk about the construction of the bed as though the Luxury Plush side is being used face-up since that option is more similar to the Nolah’s comfort score.
- The top layer consists of a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer that should feel soft and plush as you sink into the foam.
- The second layer is a 3-inch thick Natural Latex Plush Base Layer. This promotes soft pressure relief and support where it is needed most thanks to a zoned comfort design.
- The third layer holds a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This should provide a deep level of bounce to aid in repositioning. When the mattress is flipped to the Gentle Firm side, this section should provide firmer support to the sleeper.
- The bottom layer is a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. This acts as a firm level of support when the bed is flipped with the firm side up.
This all-foam bed is compressed and shipped in a box.
The polyester cover of this 10-inch mattress has Viscose blended into it to promote moisture wicking so you should stay cool and dry.
- The first layer holds a 2-inch Cooling Nolah AirFoam™. This proprietary material is designed to promote temperature regulation and pressure relief.
- The second layer consists of a 1-inch thick Supportive High-Resilience Foam. Shoppers should notice bounce and a fast response from this section of the bed.
- The final layer holds a 7-inch High-Density Base Foam that should act as a stable base for the upper materials.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush side is scored as a 4.5 on our comfort scale, which should feel like a medium to medium-soft comfort level. This firmness scale uses a 1 through 10 system to determine the feel of each bed, where 1 should feel softer than a marshmallow and 10 should feel firmer than a brick wall. The Gentle Firm version holds a firm score of 7.
Nolah has earned a score of 4.5-5, which should also feel medium or perhaps medium-soft to most shoppers. While everyone may experience these feels differently, side sleepers and back sleepers who prefer a softer comfort will likely prefer Nolah or the Luxury Plush Zenhaven setting. People who like to sleep on their stomach or back who look for a firmer feel should opt for the Gentle Firm side of the Zenhaven.
Zenhaven’s materials should respond somewhat quickly, returning back to their natural shape easily as you move around. Nolah should offer a response time that is faster than traditional memory foam, but perhaps a little slower than springier latex. Both items should work well for combination sleepers, but those who are particularly concerned with easy movement might consider the faster response time of the Zenhaven.
The Zenhaven should feel smooth and airy when lying on the temperature-regulating cover. Nolah’s cooling cover should feel cold to the touch.
Shoppers with considerable weight concerns might want to opt for the sturdier Gentle Firm side of Zenhaven.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Zenhaven should offer a lot of sinkage, resulting in a deep hug on the Luxury Plush side but much less on the Gentle Firm. You should never feel “stuck” in the foam, however, because this mattress should also offer a good amount of bounce.
Nolah, on the other hand, should provide minimal sinkage that feels more like a gentle cradle, keeping you floating “on top” of the bed. This item should provide little bounce, but the low sinkage level should still make it easy to reposition on this mattress.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Zenhaven should allow a small amount of motion transfer, but not enough to disturb any but exceptionally light sleepers. Those who wish to minimize disruptions due to restless partners might prefer the minimal motion transfer that should be present in the Nolah.
Comparing Edge Support
Either item should provide good edge support that performs as-expected for an all-foam construction. Shoppers may notice some compression when lying on the edges of either product, but bottoming out should not be a major concern with these beds.
Zenhaven vs. Nolah Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Polyester and Viscose blend|
|Materials||Talalay latex||AirFoam™ and polyfoams|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||AirFoam™ and Viscose cover|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||20 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Nolah Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Nolah?
Torn between these two 10-inch, all-foam products? There are a few key differences between each item that may help you to make your choice.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Double-sided options. This mattress can be flipped to provide a medium to medium-soft or a firm feel, allowing shoppers to find the comfort level that works best for their individual position preference.
- A deep luxurious hug. If you like a lot of sinkage and body-contouring materials, this should be the bed for you on the Luxury Plush side. Quickly responding foams and good bounce should ensure you don’t experience too much resistance when changing position.
- Zoned comfort. This product features a zoned design that should allow for enhanced pressure relief in certain areas of the body, while the torso and shoulders should be provided with more firm support.
We Would Recommend Buying Nolah if You are Looking for:
- Charitable donations. A portion of your purchase will be dedicated to the wildlife creature of your choice. Dolphins, wolves, walrus, and snowy owls are just a handful of available options on the company’s list of adoptable critters.
- A gentle cradle. Sleepers should float on top of this mattress with minimal sinkage and a pressure-relieving cradle. Minimal bounce and slightly slower responding materials should provide a somewhat classic memory foam feel.
- A more affordable option. At nearly half the price, Nolah should be a comfortable, all-foam option that most shoppers can more easily afford.
Have you decided between the Zenhaven’s deep hug, double-sided design, and zoned comfort or Nolah’s gentle cradle, charitable donations, and enhanced temperature control?
If you’re still torn between the two, check out our in-depth reviews of each product for a better look at both brands.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.