Are you an all-foam or innerspring type of sleeper?
Our Zenhaven vs. Saatva comparison will help you decide between a double-sided, all-foam latex model and an innerspring featuring two coil systems both made by the Saatva Company. Both brands believe in customer satisfaction and affordable luxury.
Our comparison guide will give you an idea as to which mattress will work best for you. Then click through to our in-depth reviews to learn more about each bed:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. Saatva
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
- Classic innerspring feel
- Affordable luxury
- Quality construction
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a double-sided, Talalay latex product that ships without being roll-packed. We will talk about the construction assuming that the Gentle Firm side is up and Luxury Plush is down, so as to be consistent with Saatva’s Luxury Firm.
The 1-inch cover of this 10-inch mattress contains a blend of cotton and New Zealand woo that should promote temperature regulation.
- The top layer contains a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer that creates the Gentle Firm feel when placed upright. This should provide firm but gentle support. Pinholes are punched into the material to promote airflow.
- The second layer boasts a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This material should feel somewhat firm further enhancing the supportive qualities of the mattress. When the mattress is flipped, this aids in providing a solid foundation for the bed.
- The third layer consists of a 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer material that should feel softer when compared to the material above it. This material helps to create the Luxury Plush feel when the mattress is being used on that setting.
- The base layer holds a 1.5-inch Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer, which should provide the Plush feel when used as the top layer. This material should provide pressure relief in the softer zones and support in the firmer areas serving the shoulders and hips. The material features pinholes to promote airflow.
This product is an innerspring that also shakes up the online market by shipping without being compressed.
There are two different height options for this mattress, 14.5 inches and 11.5 inches. We will focus on the 14.5-inch version with the differences between the two models pointed out below. The 3-inch cover contains a Euro Top with an antibacterial GuardinⓇ treatment.
- The first layer boasts a lumbar support enhancement system. This layer of memory foam is placed in the center of the mattress.
- The second layer is made up of individually wrapped coils to provide responsiveness and minimize motion transfer. The pocketed design should allow air to flow between the coils as they compress or pushback depending on the sleeper’s weight.
- The final layer is a steel coil base. Recycled steel is tempered to create a solid foundation for both the mattress and the sleeper.
- The perimeter utilizes a reinforced foam to provide optimum edge support.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Both brands feature multiple comfort options suiting a variety of position preferences. We have placed each model on our comfort scale, that determines the feel of each bed using a 1-10 system. This scale indicates 1 as the absolute softest feel and 10 as the very firmest.
Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm version holds a 7 out of 10, which should firm to most shoppers. The Luxury Plush option is ranked 4.5, which should feel medium to medium-soft. Side sleepers may prefer something a little softer, but stomach and back sleepers who like a firmer comfort level should enjoy these scores.
Shoppers should experience gentle pressure relief and soothing temperature regulation as they sink into the bed.
Saatva’s Luxury Firm model features a medium to medium-firm 6.5 on our scale. The company also offers Plush Soft and Firm comfort feels. Side sleepers will likely enjoy the Plush Soft option, stomach and back sleepers can experiment with the various feels to find their perfect match.
This bed should feel plush and inviting while lying on the pillow top. A sense of firm support should be provided by the coils below.
Both beds contain quickly responding materials, with the lumbar materials inside the Saatva reshaping slightly slower than the rest. Either mattress should perform well for combination sleepers who change position frequently throughout the night.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Shoppers should notice a deep hug from the Zenhaven when using the Luxury Plush setting, but the moderate bounce offered by the springy latex should prevent them experiencing difficulties in repositioning. Gentle Firm should offer a gentle cradle.
Saatva should provide a gentle cradle that keeps sleepers closer to the top of the mattress. This product should offer moderate bounce from the dual coil systems that should aid in easy repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Medium amounts of motion transfer may be noticed in both beds. This shouldn’t be an issue for most sleepers, but those who do prefer more motion control might want to consider Zenhaven as the latex material should absorb more energy than the Saatva’s coils.
Comparing Edge Support
The firm latex in the Zenhaven should provide above average edge support when compared to other bed-in-a-box, all-foam products. Saatva’s edge support should be quite exceptional as the reinforced foam and coils should provide a consistent feel from edge-to-edge. Both brands should work quite well in this area, but shoppers who are interested in enhanced edge support might consider Saatva.
Zenhaven vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Cotton Euro Pillowtop, blended foam|
|Materials||Talalay latex||Steel and pocket coils, memory foam|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||365 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (11.5” version only)|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Ships to the United States, free White Glove delivery service in contiguous U.S.|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,710|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Saatva?
Still not sure whether the all-foam or the innerspring is right for you? These recommendations will give you an idea of which bed contains the features you’re looking for.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Dual-sided comfort. This product features two comfort feels on either side of the mattress. Shoppers can flip their bed to enjoy either a Luxury Plush or Gentle Firm feel.
- Varying sinkage levels. Sleepers should experience deep sinkage resulting in a comfortable, pressure-relieving hug when using the Plush side. If shoppers prefer sleeping more on than in the mattress, they can flip it to the Firm side to enjoy a gentle cradle.
- Zoned support. This mattress contains zoned comfort materials that are designed to provide both support or pressure relief wherever your body needs them the most.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. This product is available in Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm models so shoppers can find the comfort feel that suits their individual needs.
- A gentle cradle. Buyers should float along the top of the bed due to the minimal sinkage that results in a gentle cradling effect.
- Enhanced support. Two coil systems and reinforced edges should provide solid support across the entire sleep surface.
So, which bed is the one for you? Do you prefer the deep hug and double-sided nature of the Zenhaven? Or the solid support and gentle cradle of the Saatva?
If you’re still deciding, head over to our in-depth reviews for each individual model to learn more. Also you can check our top 12 beds for 2021.