Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Our Layla vs. Zenhaven comparison looks at two different flippable bed options. How do they compare, what make’s them different?
The first is Layla, a memory foam bed comes from a company that recently gave their copper infused bed a hexagon-styled makeover, and the second is from Saatva that aims to deliver stylish luxury at an affordable price.
This analysis compares two industry leaders that have paved the way for dual-sided comfort. Stick around to see who comes out on top. Also, remember to check out the full reviews of either of these products if you want to know even more.
Quick Comparison: Layla vs. Zenhaven
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- Double-sided firmness
- Copper-infused memory foam
- 120-nights trial period
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This bed ships compressed in a box. The cover features contrasting dark and light hexagon designed polyester blend infused with ThermoGel ® to keep things super soft and cool.
In total this mattress stands at about 10 inches tall, with the layers as follows:
- The top layer leaves sleepers resting on 3-inch memory material that has been copper infused to enhance both contouring and cooling properties of the bed. Copper, through it antimicrobial and temperature regulatory properties, helps preserve a cool and germ-free sleeping experience.
- Layer number two is a 2-inch convoluted support foam. This material is shaped like an egg crate to help promote airflow while fostering supplemental pressure relief.
- The third layer introduces 4.5 inches of base support foam to form the foundation.
- The base is actually not a base but 1-inch of the copper-infused material that is also in the top layer. Again, this is the Firm side and should administer both support and comfort, as well as cooling.
For the Firm feel, the construction order above would be reversed.
Unlike many online brands, this product is delivered to the customer's home in its full size, with the added bonus of a white glove delivery team that delivers free in-home installation and mattress removal.
Surrounding Zenhaven is undyed organic cotton with an inch of New Zeland organic wool beneath the cover. These materials envelop the 10-inch thick bed:
- The first layer uses a 5-inch Talalay latex. This is split into a 5 Zone Comfort Layer that incorporates support features that should help with each individual sleeper’s body alignment and support.
- The following layer is there for an increase in support and is made up of a 3-inch Talalay latex.
- The third layer, this is a more firm 3-inch Talalay latex layer. If you flip the bed, this firmer latex is designed to deliver more immediate support, but while used in Luxury Plush side it should act as more of a base layer.
- The bottom layer uses a 1.5-inch Talalay latex foam that functions as the surface layer for the bed’s Gentle Firm setting. It too contains the 5-Zone Comfort technology.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We score firmness on a scale that ranges from 1 to 10, with a 1 being soft as a cloud and a 10 being like a rock hard surface. Both of these beds offer two options, so let’s break those down.
Layla’s soft side scores at a 4 while the Firm is at a 7. This mattress offers enhanced support over many other memory foam options through the integration of copper in the memory foam. This not only helps cool off the material, but the design should also permit the foam to stiffen up under pressure and provide additional support.
Layla’s foams should be slower responding. It provides a classic memory foam feel, that contours to sleepers curves. When sleeping on the Soft side these characteristics should be ideal for side and back sleepers who need extra pressure relief.
The Firm end of Layla offers a feel more practical for exclusive stomach sleepers and some back sleepers. This extra support should help keep support in the hips and maintain spinal alignment.
Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush firmness scores at 4.5 on our scale, while Gentle Firm is a 7. The 5 Zone Comfort Layer targets spinal alignment by providing focused support over these 5 areas of the mattress with varying densities of latex foam.
Latex is not only a cool sleeping material, but seeing as it is essentially rubber, it is faster responding material than many other foams. When resting on the Luxury-Plush side, sleepers should experience a responsive contouring sensation that is easy to move around on. This feeling may be best for back and side sleepers, especially those who need a bit more pressure relief.
When Zenhaven is used in the Gentle-Firm setting, it may be better suited for stomach sleepers who need to keep their hips elevated. Stomach sleepers, in general, tend to like a bed with a little extra support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Sinkage is likely going to vary depending on which side of either of these beds sleepers choose to rest on. Both the Soft (on the Layla) and the Luxury Plush (on Zenhaven) should deliver a sink relative to a deep hug. The Firm side of Layla and the Gentle Firm end of the Zenhaven foster a sink that is more familiar to a gentle cradle. Layla should feel more tightly contouring while Zenhaven offers slightly more breathability near the skin.
As far as bounce goes, Zenhaven is equipped with a fair deal more than the other. Latex is a foam that comes from the rubber tree. Rubber naturally has far more buoyancy than memory foam, which practically provides no bounce to Layla. Bounce can lend a hand with repositioning if that’s an issue for you.
Comparing Motion Transfer
If you are part of a couple, you might want to keep motion transfer in mind. Beds that can isolate motion to a single side of the mattress can keep the partner on the other end of the bed from waking up.
Both brands score above the industry standard in this category but the Layla should perform a hair better than Zenhaven, seeing as it uses memory foam. This material is well known for keeping motion at bay while you sleep.
Comparing Edge Support
Support around the perimeter of a bed can be crucial if you find that you or your partner end up sleeping on the edge at night. Neither brand has reinforced edges but holds up well under pressure.
When sleeping along the edges they perform admirably, but some sleepers may find that they compress slightly when sat on. Remember, this is nothing to turn your nose up at.
Layla and Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester blended with viscose, lycra, and ThermoGel®||PolyesOrganic Cotton quilted with New Zealand wool,ter|
|Materials||Copper-infused memory foam, high-density poly foam, convoluted support foam||Natural Talalay Latex|
|Cooling||Copper wicks away memory foam heat, and the convoluted layer promotes airflow.||Wool, latex w/ pinholes|
|Firmness||4 or 7/10||4.5/10 or 7/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Deep Hug|
|Bounce||No; some surface level on the Firm side||Yes|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120-Day|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS Certified cotton and wool|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to U.S. and Canada||Free White Glove Service to anywhere in the contiguous United States and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Layla Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Layla or Zenhaven?
There is a lot to consider, so let us help break down some of the key points.
We Would Recommend Buying Layla if You are Looking for:
- An affordable option. This brand has advertised their bed at a competitive price that has many sleepers flocking towards this option. With 120-nights to try it out and a Lifetime Warranty, this is a stellar deal!
- Motion isolation. Layla’s memory materials suck up the motion so sleepers can keep doing what they do best. Sleeping.
- Memory foam. This material is known to hug the curves and provide exceptional pressure relief.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Luxury. Luxury comes at a price, and Zenhaven is no exception. Keep in mind though, that this premium bed comes in at a better deal than some other close competitors
- An eco-friendly option. Zenhaven has taken strides to help save the earth. The brand uses OEKO-TEX® certified Talalay latex, GOTS certified organic cotton, and Natural New Zeland Wool.
- Zoned latex. This technology gives Zenhaven and edge in support. Latex foams of varying densities were implemented to provide targeted support to the sleeper’s anatomy.
When customers purchase either of these brands, they are practically getting two beds for the price of one. Layla offers a Soft and Firm sleep setting, while Zenhaven gives sleepers a Luxury-Plush or Gentle Firm.
So, which dual-sided wonder mattress won you over? Was it the Layla or Zenhaven? Don’t forget if you still have questions you can check out our in-depth reviews on either of these products!