Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
So, you want an all-foam, but which kind of foam? This Casper vs. Zenhaven comparison will help you figure out which product is the bed of your dreams.
Casper is a popular online mattress brand that offers affordable comfort. Zenhaven is a Saatva-owned company that believes luxury beds shouldn’t come with a luxury price tag.
Check out our in-depth reviews for each mattress for a more comprehensive analysis of each one:
Quick Comparison: Casper vs. Zenhaven
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Quick responsiveness
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is an all-foam product that is compressed and then shipped inside a box.
The durable polyester cover of this 11-inch mattress can be fully removed to allow easier spot-cleaning.
- The top layer is AirScape™ that features a design that is meant to reduce overheating by promoting airflow. This material should also provide an upper-level bounce.
- The second layer boasts a Zoned Support™ designed to offer softer pressure relief to the shoulders and knees and firmer support under the hips.
- The base layer creates a stable foundation for the upper materials via a Dense Foam Layer.
This product is a latex bed that ships ready-to-use and uncompressed.
This 10-inch mattress features an organic cotton cover with an inch of New Zealand wool that acts as a soft topper and natural fire barrier. This mattress can be flipped so that the sleeper can enjoy either a Gentle Firm or a Luxury Plush feel. We will discuss the construction as though the Luxury Plush option is face-up.
- The initial layer is a 1.5-inch 5-Zone Comfort Layer that utilizes different pinhole densities to create softer or firmer support. Shoppers should notice firmer support under the shoulders and hips.
- The second layer holds a 3-inch Talalay Latex designed to provide softer support.
- The third layer contains another 3-inch Talalay Latex, this time with a firmer feel that helps to create a GentleFirm setting when the mattress is flipped.
- The base layer is a second 1.5-inch 5-Zone Comfort Layer that should feel firmer than the previous materials. This creates a Gentle Firm feel when used as the top layer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
To give you an idea of how each product should feel, we have given both beds a ranking between 1 and 10 on our firmness scale. A lower score should feel softer, with 1 being the softest. A higher score should feel firmer, with 10 being the firmest.
Casper comes in one firmness, a medium to medium-firm 6, which should be a fairly versatile feel that lends itself to most sleep types. Side sleepers should find the soft compression need to reduce pressure build-up in the shoulder region due to the zoned comfort layer. Likewise, stomach sleepers should find the enhanced support in the hip area prevents sinkage which could cause improper spinal alignment.
Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush is rated as a medium-soft 4.5. Gentle Firm is ranked at a 7, which should feel medium-firm to firm depending on how the shopper experiences this bed. Regardless of position preference, people should be able to find a feel that is comfortable to them simply by flipping the mattress to the desired comfort level. This bed also features comfort zones that are designed to provide just the right amount of support for each area of the body.
The materials inside either bed should respond quickly, leaving behind fewer body impressions as sleepers move around on either mattress.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Shoppers should rest on top of their Casper mattress, being held aloft inside a Gentle Cradle. The same results should be noticed when using the Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm option, while a Deep Hug should be experienced when sleeping on the product’s Luxury Plush option.
Combination sleepers should find it quite easy to change positions on either mattress. The minimal sinkage, quick response, and ample bounce found in each product should reduce resistance. The springy latex used inside the Zenhaven mattress should ensure that even when sleeping in the Deep Hug of the Luxury Plush setting, people will not feel “stuck” in the materials.
Comparing Motion Transfer
A mattress with good motion control should help reduce disruptions from restless co-sleepers by absorbing movement so it does not travel through the bed. Either option should allow most shoppers to sleep comfortably without too many issues. If enhanced motion control is a major concern for you because you're a light sleeper, Casper may be the best option as it should allow a little less motion transfer than the springy Zenhaven.
Comparing Edge Support
Anyone looking to sleep right up along the edge of their bed should feel adequately supported by either product. There should be low levels of compression when lying at the edge of the Casper bed. Edge sleepers might prefer the firmer side of the Zenhaven, as there should be less compression on that side.
Casper vs. Zenhaven Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||Organic cotton and New Zealand wool|
|Materials||Proprietary comfort foam, polyfoams, high-density memory foam||Talalay latex|
|Cooling||Open-cell top layer, memory material placed further away from the sleeper||Wool and pinholes in the latex|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Deep Hug, Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||20 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Certifications||CertiPUR-US®||OEKO-TEX® and GOTS|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, White Glove service available in some areas. Ask for details.||The United States and Canada, free White Glove service to the contiguous states and parts of Canada|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or Zenhaven?
Ready to choose your next perfect mattress? Our sleeper recommendations will give you a better idea of which item should best suit your needs.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. The deeper material in this item is zoned to provide pressure relief and support where you need it most.
- A medium comfort feel. This mattress features a versatile medium to medium-firm comfort level that should appeal to most sleep types, especially when combined with the alternating comfort zones.
- An affordable brand name. Casper is one of the most well-known names in the online mattress industry. The company offers competitive prices that shouldn’t break your wallet.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Zoned comfort. The initial layers on either side of this item feature comfort zones with varying levels of compression to provide proper spinal alignment and pressure relief.
- Double-sided comfort options. With a Luxury Plush feel on one side and a Gentle Firm setting on the other, most shoppers should be able to find a comfort feel that works for their individual needs flipping the mattress on their favorite side.
- Natural materials. The cotton used inside the cover is organic, which promises a clean and natural sleeping experience. Wool is used as a natural temperature regulator and fire barrier.
Casper should provide a medium feel and zoned comfort that is backed up by a well-respected name in the industry. Zenhaven offers natural materials and dual-sided design that has something for everyone.
Remember to read through our in-depth reviews for more information on either product.