Are you trying to decide between a hybrid and a memory foam mattress? Our DreamCloud Premier vs. Novosbed comparison will zero in on the similarities and differences between the two, as well as the highlights of each brand.
Both among the original online mattress brands, DreamCloud Premier and Novosbed take individual approaches to a good night’s sleep—one a luxury hybrid and the other fully memory foam. So which is right for you? Continue reading, or read over the in-depth reviews for a closer look.
Quick Comparison: Dreamcloud Premier vs. Novosbed
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
- Classic memory foam feel
- Affordable luxury
- Medium level firmness
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
DreamCloud Premier Construction
This hybrid mattress ships either rolled up in a bag or with optional white-glove delivery. The 2-inch quilted euro top cover is made with a luxury cashmere blend and is stuffed with two layers of plush memory foam.
The bed measures 14 inches tall and is made up of five layers, including the two foam layers in the euro cover.
- Below the EuroTop is 2.5 inches of foam to round out the comfort layer. This foam helps provide a cushion for your body to relieve sensitive pressure points and as a transitional layer between the memory foam and the support layer.
- The support layer consists of 1 inch of standard conventional foam and also functions as the base foam layer. The base provides added resistance so that you shouldn’t feel the coils dig in or sink too deeply into the bed.
- The coil unit at the bottom of the bed is 8.5 inches thick. This layer contains both inner and perimeter coils for optimum edge support, increasing the usable surface area on the mattress. The coils should help to limit motion transfer and make sure you’re well-supported.
Novosbed is a boxed 11-inch memory bed. It is covered in stretchy knit Tencel that is completely removable and machine washable. Underneath the zip-off cover is another material that protects the inside called an Interlock Blue™ Core, which also has some stretch and helps prolong the bed’s lifespan.
This product comes in three comfort options—Soft, Medium, and Firm. The company also offers an additional layer called the Comfort+ kit that you can add onto your mattress after purchase if you find your mattress to be too soft or too firm for your liking. In this comparison, we are going to look mainly at the Medium bed which should suit the majority of sleepers.
- The top layer, 2 inches of highly dense foam, helps relieve pressure points and is breathable to help prevent overheating.
- The next layer, another 2 inches, is a transition high-density foam to help balance the softer top and more structural base.
- The last layer takes the majority of the mattress; a 7-inch Premium Support Foam is what should help sleepers get solid support and keep good posture throughout the night.
Note that the other firmness options may vary in specifics.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate our beds on a firmness scale from 1 to 10, 10 being as firm as the ground and 1 being like a cloud. Both of these beds place in our medium range, with DreamCloud Premier being a 5.5 and Novosbed a 6. Comfort is obviously subjective, but we have found that this fits the most sleeping positions, weights, and body types.
When laying on DreamCloud Premier, you should feel the plush, quilted top and quick response of the zoned spring system that is softer around the shoulders and hips, largely helpful for side sleepers. Heavier sleepers may experience more pressure relief because they should sink into those top comfort layers, filling in those gaps that can create aches and pains. Those who spend most of the night on their stomach and are a bit heavier might notice some sinkage in the hips, which could potentially cause some problems with spine alignment.
Novosbed should mold to your body and give that classic memory feel. Compared to Premier, the response is much slower; when pushing down on the mattress, it will take a few seconds to return to its original shape, great for relieving those pressure points. Significantly heavier individuals might prefer the Firm model for more support.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
On DreamCloud Premier you should sink into the top comfort layers, but the coils should give the bed a little bounce. This means that changing positions (for combination sleepers especially) should not be too difficult as your body comes into contact with the springs.
Novosbed should give more sinkage than on its competitor; the memory material should contour around the body, and there is virtually no bounce. Movement should not be a problem for most, though. (The Soft iteration should sink a little more, and the Firm will give in a little less.)
Comparing Motion Transfer
Minimizing motion transfer may be important for those who are light sleepers and share their beds with restless children, a partner, or pets. Memory materials tend to score the best in this area, and with these beds, it is no different.
DreamCloud Premier scores really well for a hybrid bed because of the plushy memory layers and pocketed coils but does have a little bit of bounce. Novosbed isolates motion exceptionally well with its absorbent foam, so if motion transfer is a dealbreaker for you, this brand will be your best bet.
Comparing Edge Support
To stretch that surface area, sleepers often sleep close to the end of the mattress, especially couples on smaller beds. Bed-in-a-box brands tend to score poorly in this area, but both of these products are above average comparatively. DreamCloud Premier outperforms its competitor because of the innerspring system and reinforced perimeter.
DreamCloud Premier vs. Novosbed Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||CASHMEX Cashmere Blend Quilted EuroTop||Polyester blend with Tencel|
|Materials||Memory foam, gel foam, polyfoam, springs||High-Density Airflow Memory Foam, Premium Support Foam|
|Cooling||Gel-infused foam||Breathable Airflow foam|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradling|
|Trial Period||365 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships to continental U.S. free, fee for Alaska and Hawaii; White Glove Delivery optional||Delivers to US and Canada; White Glove Delivery available in select locations|
|Made in the USA||No||Yes|
|Size||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)||Novosbed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy DreamCloud Premier or Novosbed?
Which one is right for you: the luxurious hybrid? Or the customizable memory bed?
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- A more familiar innerspring experience. This hybrid has an innerspring system and both memory and latex layers. This should bring a little bounce that those with spring mattresses are used to but with all the pressure-relieving qualities of memory materials.
- A risk-free buy. With a 365-night trial and a lifetime warranty, this company puts a stop to buyer’s remorse.
- Luxurious features at an affordable price. A Quilted Euro cover and 14 inches of premium coils and foam materials make this mattress feel really expensive. An online sales model makes it possible to cut down prices by thousands, saving you money.
We Would Recommend Buying Novosbed if You are Looking for:
- Firmness options. Having a more personalized choice when it comes to picking out a mattress can be important to those who have specific requirements and know exactly what they want. A complimentary Comfort+ kit—an optional layer (firm or soft) on request—can adjust the firmness as well.
- A true memory feel. This bed is made with solely foam layers and should provide the contouring and sinkage that memory lovers seek.
- A removable cover. A machine-washable cover helps keep your purchase feeling new and makes clean-ups easy, and the Interlock Blue™ Core adds some extra protection around the memory foam.
Two mattresses with two different feels and methods of construction—both brands should be comfortable for a wide range of sleepers, but ultimately, it all depends on personal preference.
If you are still having second thoughts, check out our in-depth reviews above. Or if you want to browse, head over to our top-rated bed list.