Confused by the online mattress market? Torn between an all-foam or a hybrid but not sure where to start?
Our Casper vs. DreamCloud Premier comparison will show you the top features of each mattress, along with some suggestions for which shoppers should prefer each one. Casper’s all-foam was created by a longstanding online company who has cemented their place in the sleep industry. DreamCloud’s hybrid was built to offer a high-end experience at an affordable price and is one of the first luxury bed-in-a-box options.
Check out our individual reviews for a deeper dive in each item:
Quick Comparison: Casper vs. DreamCloud Premier
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Quick responsiveness
- Affordable luxury
- Reinforced edges
- Premium pressure relief
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Casper is an all-foam product that is compressed in order to fit inside a box when shipped.
This 11-inch mattress features a durable polyester cover that can be removed for easy spot-cleaning.
- The top layer holds a Proprietary comfort foam called AirScape™ that should promote bounce and airflow.
- The next layer contains a featured Zoned Support™ designed to offer soft compression under the shoulders and knees and firmer support under the hips to prevent too much sinkage.
- The bottom layer is 5 inches of Dense Foam that promotes stability and motion absorption.
DreamCloud Premier Construction
This hybrid contains coils and foam. The bed is compressed when shipped.
The cover of this 15-inch mattress is a luxurious CASHEX cashmere blend TRUELOFT Eurotop.
- The initial layer is comprised of a 1.5-inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam intended to promote cooling and prevent overheating. It's placed beneath a quilted EuroTop.
- The fourth layer promotes a deep level of contouring and pressure relief via a 2.5-inch piece of transitional support foam.
- The fifth layer utilizes coils standing 8 inches tall.The individually pocketed design should reduce motion transfer.
- The final layer contains a 1.5-inch thick High-Density Foam, which acts as a foundation for the bed.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
It can be difficult to determine how a mattress should feel when shopping online. Our comfort scale should give you an idea of what laying on each bed should feel like. A score of 1 on this scale should feel very soft, while a score of 10 should feel very firm.
Both brands feature a Medium score, with DreamCloud Premier coming in a hair softer. This should allow either mattress to be fairly versatile, working for most position preferences.
Casper should offer firmer support under the hips with softer sinkage in the shoulder and leg areas. DreamCloud Premier's design does not include zoning but the individually compressed coils may give a more tailored feel.
Casper’s proprietary foams are designed to combat overheating by promoting airflow so heat may travel away from the sleeper. There may be a slight difference when lying on the DreamCloud Premier, thanks to the additional cooling technologies. The materials in each item should respond quickly, retaining their shape to minimize body impressions.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both products offer ample bounce, especially when compared to other products of the same type, which should aid combination sleepers in repositioning. Sleepers who like to sleep deeper in their bed may prefer the hug of DreamCloud Premier to Casper. However, if mobility is a key concern for you, the hybrid’s coils might edge out the all-foam a hair as they are likely to provide higher amounts of bounce overall.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Being an all-foam construction, Casper should dampen most energy, minimizing motion transfer. The coils inside the DreamCloud Premier may allow more vibrations to travel through the bed, resulting in moderate motion transfer.
Either mattress should allow most shoppers to sleep comfortably without too many disruptions from co-sleepers’ movements. Particularly light or sensitive sleepers should consider Casper, however, as it may offer more motion control overall.
Comparing Edge Support
There may be some slight compression noticed when lying on the edge of this Casper bed, with somewhat deeper compression presented when sitting. Initially, the foams should compress when using the edge of this DreamCloud Premier, but the coil system should then prevent any further sinkage. Most shoppers should feel adequately supported by either of these beds, though couples or sprawlers requiring enhanced edge support may want to consider the hybrid as the coils could stand firmer than the all-foam.
Casper vs. DreamCloud Premier Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||CAHSEX cashmere blend|
|Materials||Proprietary polyfoams||Polyfoam, memory foam and coils|
|Cooling||Open-cell top layer, memory material placed further away from the sleeper||Breathable cover and cooling gel|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Deeper Hug|
|Trial Period||100 nights||365 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, In-Home service available in some areas. Ask for details.||Free to the contiguous United States, additional fee necessary for shipments to Hawaii and Alaska, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||No|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||DreamCloud Premier Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or DreamCloud Premier?
The time has come to choose between the all-foam or the hybrid. Are you ready? Don’t be scared, we’ll walk you through it with some handy sleep type recommendations below.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. The lower support layer features a zoned design that offers different amounts of compression for the knees, hips, and shoulders.
- A classic all-foam experience. Layers of pressure-relieving foam offer compression from deep within the mattress and the dense materials should help maximize motion control.
- A versatile medium feel. This bed should feel medium or perhaps medium-firm to most shoppers, depending on their preferences and how they experience the mattress. This is a relatively versatile feel that most sleep types could find comfortable.
We Would Recommend Buying DreamCloud Premier if You are Looking for:
- EuroTop. 1.5 inches of foam on the top of this bed give the overall experience a cloud-like feel.
- A bouncy hybrid. The foams in this item offer pressure relief and motion absorption, while the coils offer lots of bounce and airflow.
- Cool luxury. Gel infused into the comfort materials and a breathable cover should prevent overheating. Plush upper foams and durable cover offer luxurious comfort.
Either mattress should work well for shoppers looking for a medium or medium-firm comfort level with good support and fast-responding materials. Casper is a must for those who prefer a traditional all-foam experience with enhanced motion control. DreamCloud Premier offers lots of bounce, cooling, and a luxury experience at an affordable price.
For more information on each product, scroll up and click through to our in-depth reviews.
Or, if you would like to browse more you can see our top picks for this year!