Looking for a highly-respected online mattress brand that believes in good customer service? Check and check. Now to decide between the all-foam or the innerspring.
This Casper vs. Saatva comparison guide will help you choose between two well-known online sleep companies and their two affordable products. We will provide side-by-side comparisons of bounce, sinkage, and other top mattress-buying considerations.
Click through to our individual brand reviews for a closer look at each one:
Quick Comparison: Casper vs. Saatva
SLEEPADVISOR or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Quick responsiveness
- Classic innerspring feel
- Affordable luxury
- Quality construction
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
Casper provides an all-foam mattress that is compressed for easy box shipping.
The polyester cover is designed to feel breathable and can be removed for spot-cleaning. This product is 11 inches tall.
- The top layer is Proprietary Comfort Foam which features an open-cell design meant to promote bounce and breathability.
- The second layer consists of a specially-designed Zoned Support™ that should provide softer comfort for the knee and shoulder areas and firmer support for the hips.
- The final layer boasts a Dense Foam Layer that acts as the foundation of this mattress.
This company does not publish the dimensions of their foams.
This is an innerspring mattress that is shipped uncompressed and ready-to-use.
The cotton cover contains 1.25 inches of foam that creates a plush pillow top. This mattress is available in two different heights, 11.5 inches and 14.5 inches.
- The top layer holds a 4-inch Individually Wrapped Coil system that is designed to conform to the body through individualized compression. This should also help to reduce motion transfer.
- The second layer boasts a Lumbar Support Enhancement made of Memory Foam that should promote proper spinal alignment.
- The base layer consists of 7-inch Steel Coils that are meant to provide high levels of bounce and airflow. This should prevent overheating and promote easy repositioning.
- The perimeter promises a consistent, edge-to-edge feel with the use of reinforced foam.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
To give you a better idea of how each bed should feel, we have ranked each one using our 1-10 comfort system (firmness scale). A lower score should feel softer, while a higher score should feel firmer.
Casper is rated at a medium to medium-firm 6. Saatva’s Luxury Firm holds the same score, though the company also offers a softer and firmer option. Saatva rates their Plush Soft model as a 3 and their Firm as an 8.
Shoppers should experience gentle pressure relief from the all-foam mattress, with zoned support that should provide enhanced lumbar support through the firmer material through the lumbar region. Softer compression is offered for the shoulders and knees that should reduce pressure build-up in these areas.
The innerspring bed should provide enhanced lumbar support through its unique lumbar enhancement. The pillow top should feel plush and inviting, with more solid stability provided by the coil systems.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Shoppers will most likley experience a “floating” feeling on either mattress, resting in a Gentle Cradle with minimal sinkage. This should promote airflow and prevent the materials from conforming too tightly to the body, which could cause overheating.
Both beds offer quite a bit of bounce, allowing combination sleepers to move around easily. However, those who are particularly concerned with mobility are likely to find higher amounts of bounce in the innerspring.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Buyers should be able to sleep soundly on either bed without worrying too much about feeling every last one of their partner’s movements. If motion transfer is a major issue, however, consider Casper as its all-foam construction may absorb more movement than Saatva’s double innerspring system.
Comparing Edge Support
Couples requiring some wiggle room or sprawlers who like to sleep along the edge of their mattress should feel comfortable on either bed, without having to worry about being ejected. Casper provide above average edge support for an all-foam construction for most folks, though Saatva’s coils and reinforced foam around the perimeter take the win here.
Casper vs. Saatva Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||11”||11.5” or 14.5”|
|Cover||Polyester||Cotton Euro Pillowtop with blended foams|
|Materials||High-density memory foam, polyfoams, proprietary comfort foam||Memory Foam, Pocket Coils, Steel Coils|
|Cooling||Memory foam located lower in the bed, open-cell perforated top layer||Coils|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||180 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes (only in 11.5”)|
|Shipping||Ships to the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, White Glove delivery might be available.||Ships to the United States and parts of Canada with free White Glove Delivery|
|Made in the USA||The mattress is constructed in the US, the cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Saatva Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Casper or Saatva?
Will you bring the all-foam or innerspring into your home? Below you will find a few suggestions that may help you make your decision and choose a new and perfect bed for you.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. Sleepers of any position preference should experience the proper support and spinal alignment thanks to the softer knee and shoulder regions and firmer hip area.
- A motion-absorbing all-foam. The layers of foam inside this mattress should isolate motion, helping to reduce how much movement is able to travel throughout the entire bed.
- A versatile medium feel. Casper likely provides a medium or medium-firm comfort level depending on how the individual experiences this particular bed. This should suit most position preferences and should foster good spinal alignment when combined with the comfort zones.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced lumbar support. An exclusive enhancement in the lumbar section promises to fill the lower back with supportive memory foam, easing pressure and promoting a neutral spine.
- A bouncy innerspring. With two different coil systems, this product provide ample bounce that propels the sleeper toward to the top of this bed, which should allow for easy repositioning.
- Multiple comfort options. Saatva offers a classic medium-firm comfort option, along with softer and firmer versions. Stomach, back, and side sleepers should be able to find the firmness level that suits their needs.
Casper is your friend if you want an all-foam product with lots of motion control, zoned support, and enhanced pressure relief. Saatva should be your go-to if you are seeking enhanced edge support, multiple comfort options, and lots of bounce. Either way you go, you are guaranteed a competitive price from a well-trusted online mattress company.
Our in-depth reviews for each brand will go over both beds in more detail.