Looking for a new hybrid bed? This Saatva vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison will look at the similarities and differences between such products to give you an idea of which should provide you with your ideal sleep experience.
Will you opt for the Saatva, a company who believes a luxury bed should be enjoyed by all shoppers at an affordable price? Or Brooklyn Bedding’s Aurora, created by a company formed by two hard-working brothers from the ground up?
Keep reading to see how these two brands compare and contrast. Then check out these in-depth reviews for a closer look at each product:
Quick Comparison: Saatva vs. Aurora
- Classic innerspring feel
- Affordable luxury
- Quality construction
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a hybrid construction with two coil units and memory foam materials. This product ships ready-to-go and will not be compressed. Free White Glove delivery service is available so you won’t need to worry about the set-up of your new bed.
This bed features a 3-inch Euro Top treated with antibacterial GuardinⓇ. This mattress comes in 14.5-inch and 11.5-inch heights. Differences between these two versions will be noted in the construction break down below.
- Below the pillow top is a lumbar support enhancement. This utilizes memory foam and wires to promote support and pressure relief.
- The second layer contains an individually wrapped oil system. Not only are these coils made to contour to your body, but they also provide airflow and motion isolation.
- The base layer consists of steel coil unit. Recycled steel is tempered to create a base that should provide stability to the upper materials and prevent sagging.
- The perimeter is made with a high-density foam to promote consistency and support throughout the entire sleep surface.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
- The top layer is Copper Gel Energex™ With TitanCool™ at 1.5 inches thick. This should further prevent overheating and provide soft pressure relief.
- The second layer holds the proprietary TitanFlex™ at 2 inches thick. This proprietary material is designed to adapt to the sleeper’s weight and should provide pressure relief or support as needed.
- The third layer contains a 1-inch thick Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam. This deeper material should promote body-conforming pressure relief for those who may sink through the upper layers. This should also act as a transition between the comfort foams and the support beneath them.
- The fourth layer holds 8-inch Quantum Edge™ Encased Coils. These individually pocketed, foam-encased coils are meant to provide pressure relief, motion control, and enhanced edge support.
- The final layer consists of a Base Support Foam that is an inch thick. This should further minimize movement in the support system above and provide stability for the rest of the materials.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our comfort (firmness) scale has been used to determine the feel of each bed. This scale uses 1 as the absolute softest and 10 as incredibly firm.
Saatva’s product has 3 firmness options. We’ve rated their Luxury Firm version as a 6.5 out of 10. This should feel like a true Medium or Medium-Firm to most sleepers. All sleep types should be able to enjoy this comfort level.
The Aurora’s Medium option sits at a 5 on this scale, which should feel like a true Medium to most shoppers. The Soft comes in at a 3 and the Firm is at a 7 on this scale. People of any position preference should find an option that suits them.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Both brands should offer a gentle cradle with plenty of bounce. The materials in both products should respond quickly, allowing them to reshape easily. Either bed should work well for combination-sleepers as these features should promote easy repositioning.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both products may present moderate motion transfer as coil systems tend to allow more vibration than all-foam constructions. Both beds utilize individually pocketed coils encased in foam to help reduce motion transfer. Most shoppers do not consider motion control to be a deciding factor in choosing a new and perfect mattress for them.
Comparing Edge Support
Both brands should provide enhanced edge support thanks to their reinforced perimeter designs. Shoppers should notice minimal compression when lying at the edge, with a deeper compression when sitting. This should help to provide stability throughout the mattress, extending the usable sleep surface, which should be ideal to co-sleepers.
Saatva and Brooklyn Aurora Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Cotton Euro Pillowtop with blended foams||Cotton blended with phase change thermo knitting|
|Materials||Memory foam, pocket coils, steel coils, reinforced foam perimeter||Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, TitanFlex™, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, Quantum Edge™ |
Pocketed Coils, Base Foam
|Cooling||Double coil systems||Phase change cooling cover, gel in memory foam, coils, copper in foam|
|Firmness||6.5/10 (Luxury Firm)||5/10|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||15 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||180 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes (only in 11.5”)||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships in the United States. White Glove Delivery service is free in contiguous U.S.||Free shipping in the contiguous US. Delivery fee for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. White Glove Delivery often available at showrooms|
|Made in the USA||Yes, a factory in Toronto serves customers in the Ontario area||Yes|
|Size||Saatva Price (w/o discount)||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Saatva or Brooklyn Aurora?
Either brand should work well for most position preferences, but there may be a few key differences that may appeal to you. Read our suggestions below to see how each compares and who they may work best for.
We Would Recommend Buying Saatva if You are Looking for:
- An innerspring feel. This mattress features a coil-on-coil design, that should provide enhanced support, bounce, and airflow. The upper coil system is individually wrapped to help reduce motion transfer.
- Multiple comfort options. Buyers may choose between Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, or Firm modles. There is also a thicker 14.5-inch or a sleek 11.5-inch mattress available to create the aesthetic that works best for shoppers.
- Antibacterial properties. The cover of this product has been treated with antimicrobial properties to promote a cleaner sleep.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. This item is available in Soft, Medium, and Firm options so back, stomach, and side sleepers can find the comfort level that provides them with just the right amounts of pressure relief and support.
- A hands-on experience. Customers may check out the Aurora before buying it through showrooms featuring Brooklyn Bedding’s products.
- Cooling properties. Gels, copper, and individually pocketed coils should keep shoppers from overheating as they lie on this mattress.
If you’re looking for a hybrid with a gentle cradle and good bounce, either of these options should be a great fit for you.
Consider Saatva if you like an innerspring feel, multiple comfort and height options, and antibacterial properties. If multiple comfort feels and cooling technology is more your speed, check out the Aurora by Brooklyn Bedding.
Remember to read through our in-depth reviews for each brand to get a more comprehensive analysis of each bed.