Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Treating yourself to a new mattress but not sure which way to go?
This Zenhaven vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison will break down an all-foam product created by a Saatva owned brand that believes in high-quality products at affordable prices. We’ll also detail a hybrid item brought to you by a family-founded company whose humble roots are owed to a refurbished Wonder Bread truck.
After you read our comparison guide, make sure to take a quick peek at each in-depth review to learn more about these two great beds:
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. Aurora
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a latex construction that ships without being compressed.
This 10-inch mattress features a cotton cover with a 1-inch wool fire barrier quilted into it to promote temperature regulation. This model is double-sided, we will approach the construction break down as though the Luxury Plush side is on the top, as it is more comparable to Brooklyn Aurora’s Medium option. Shoppers preferring a firmer feel can flip the mattress to the Gentle Firm side.
- The first layer consists of a Natural Latex Luxury Plush Comfort Layer at 1.5 inches. The material in this section features 5 zoned areas that should provide pressure relief in some areas, with more firm support under the torso and shoulders.
- The second layer holds a 3-inch Natural Latex Plush Base Layer. This should provide a softer feel with pressure relief and a deep hug.
- The third layer is a 3-inch Natural Latex Firm Base Layer. This is a Talalay latex layer that should provide a deep bounce when using the Luxury Plush setting. Flipping the bed should allow this material to provide firmer support the sleeper.
- The bottom layer is comprised of a Natural Latex Gentle Firm Comfort Layer. This material should provide soft pressure relief when being used as the top of the bed.
Brooklyn Aurora Construction
- The top layer boasts 1.5 inches Copper Gel Energex™. This latex alternative relies on copper gel to further promote temperature regulation.
- The second layer holds TitanFlex™ at 2 inches thick. This material is designed to adapt to your body to provide either support or pressure relief to suit your needs.
- The third layer consists of a Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam that is an inch thick. Shoppers who sink through the upper materials should notice a deeper level of contouring and pressure relief from this material.
- The fourth layer contains 8-inch Quantum Edge™ Encased Coils. This coil system should provide support across the entire surface of the bed, right up to the edges. Foam wrapped around the coils should help reduce motion transfer.
- The base layer holds Base Support Foam that stands 1 inch tall. This should act as a sturdy, energy-absorbing base for the entire mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Luxury Plush side of the Zenhaven mattress features a score of 4.5 on our comfort scale, which should feel like a medium to medium-soft. This scale indicates the feel of each product, a score of 1 should feel very soft, while a score of 10 should be incredibly firm. The Gentle Firm option holds a firm-feeling score of 7.
Lying on the Zenhaven should feel soft, though the foams should reform quickly. Shoppers should experience support and pressure relief where as-needed due to the zoned comfort materials.
The Aurora’s Medium setting holds a score of 5, which should feel like a true medium to most shoppers. The Soft version has earned a ranking of 3, which should feel quite soft. The Firm option is scored at a 7.
The materials inside the Aurora should be quick to respond, which should allow for easy repositioning. Lying on the cover should feel smooth and cool to the touch.
Both brands should perform well for shoppers with significant weight concerns, though we would recommend sticking to the Firm options.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Zenhaven should provide a deep hug on the Luxury Plush setting and a gentle cradle when used on the more firm comfort setting. Brooklyn Aurora should offer a gentle cradle that keeps shoppers “floating” on top of their bed. Both brands should offer plenty of bounce, though the Aurora should be slightly bouncier due to the coil system.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Both beds should have a medium amount of motion transfer, so some particularly light sleepers may notice their partner’s movements from time to time. If this is a major concern, the Zenhaven might be the way to go as its all-foam construction should absorb a little more movement than the Aurora due that bed’s coil system, though the Aurora’s individually wrapped coils and foams perform well here.
Comparing Edge Support
Either bed should provide adequate edge support that should satisfy most shoppers. Co-sleepers who share their sleeping surface with partners, children, or pets might prefer the Aurora as its Quantum Edge™ coils and coil system should create a slightly more stable edge with less compression allowing for families to spread out.
Zenhaven vs. Brooklyn Aurora Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||New Zealand wool and cotton||Cotton with phase-changing technology|
|Materials||Talalay latex||Foam and Quantum Edge™ coils|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Copper, phase-changing technology, gel, pocketed coils|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||20 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free White Glove delivery service available to the continental United States and parts of Canada||Free in the contiguous United States, additional fee required for shipments to Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska, White Glove delivery service available for some showroom purchases|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||Brooklyn Aurora Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or Brooklyn Aurora?
Time for the moment of truth: Which mattress is the right choice for you? The following suggestions should give you an idea of which bed contains the features you are looking for.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Double-sided comfort. This bed can be flipped to allow for either a medium-soft or firm comfort setting. Shoppers should be able to adjust their mattress to suit their changing needs.
- Comfort zones. The latex in this product features zones are designed to offer your body support and relief where it is most needed.
- An all-foam experience. This all-foam item should provide a deep hug that offers soothing pressure relief. Good bounce should prevent shoppers from getting “stuck” in the hug, while the wool cover should prevent overheating.
We Would Recommend Buying Brooklyn Aurora if You are Looking for:
- Multiple comfort options. This product is available in Soft, Medium, or Firm options so buyers can choose the feel that works best for their sleeping style.
- Enhanced cooling properties. The copper and cooling gels infused into these foams combine with the company’s proprietary phase-changing TitanCool™ in a design that is meant to regulate temperature and prevent shoppers from sleeping hot.
- A hybrid feel. The upper levels of this bed feature pressure-relieving foams that should gently cradle the body. The lower coils should provide ample bounce and support.
To wrap up this comparison, let’s take a quick look at some of the key features of both brands. Zenhaven should work great for people seeking a deep hug, double-sided comfort options, and a dense all-foam feel. The Aurora should be preferred by buyers hoping for a cool and supportive hybrid bed.
Now head on over to our individual in-depth reviews to get more info on your new bed!