Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Hey Canadians! Looking for a bed made just for you?
Brunswick offers a Canadian mattress made by and for their local customers. In this in-depth overview of the Brunswick mattress we will walk you through the construction and features of this hybrid mattress created by Novosbed’s sister company. You will also find scores based on feel, cooling, quality, and more.
Keep reading for the entire analysis, or skip to the end for our overall impressions and rankings.
You will love Brunswick if you:
- Prefer to sleep cool – Multiple layers containing cooling gels are employed to ensure people do not become too hot as they are contoured by the memory foam. A gentle cradle and pocketed coils allow for air circulation.
- Want more hypoallergenic materials – The cover of this mattress is made of a hemp-based material to allow you and the bed to breathe freely.
- Zoned comfort and support – The comfort foam and support coils feature a zoned design to ensure the body is given the proper amount of compression and pushback to ensure proper spinal alignment and even weight distribution in any sleeping position.
You might not like Brunswick if you:
- Have considerable weight concerns – Overall, this product features a weight limit of 500 pounds. However, the company recommends no more than 250 pounds on each side of the mattress. Buyers with these concerns may want to opt for a bed with enhanced support.
Or you can see our top mattress picks for 2020.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a hybrid mattress that is delivered compressed inside of a box. The mattress can be used on any solid surface, including adjustable frames. The company recommends all frames have a solid surface and does not recommend using this product on a base with bars, like a hospital bed, as that could allow sagging.
The cover contains hemp fibers to promote a hypoallergenic, clean sleep experience. A plush, lightweight fill is stuffed inside the cover to create a Euro top effect.
This mattress stands 12 inches in height.
- The first layer contains a .75-inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam. This comfort layer is designed to contour to the body to promote pressure relief and even weight distribution. The gel is meant to reduce the possibility of overheating inside the memory foam hug.
- The second layer holds 1-inch of Trizone Eco Foam. This polyfoam material is meant to fill the lumbar region with contouring foam that supports good posture and spinal alignment. It also acts as a transition between the supportive coils and the comfortable top layers.
- The third layer repeats the Cooling Gel Memory Foam, this time at 1-inch thick. This helps to promote cooling and further promotes pressure relief.
- The bottom layer creates a sturdy foundation with the use of 8-inch Zoned Pocketed Springs, which are designed to provide the right amount of pushback or compression where you need it most. These steel coils are pocketed to prevent movement from traveling throughout the entire coil system, helping to reduce motion transfer. Air should flow freely between the springs, enhancing the bed’s cooling properties.
- The perimeter offers an even, edge-to-edge feel via reinforced Encasement Foam that runs around the entire edge of the mattress.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our comfort scale, we have assigned this product with a score that helps reflect how this bed should feel to most shoppers. With a score of 6, this product is likely to come across as medium-firm to most people.
This mattress combines strong support from the steel coil system with soothing pressure relief provided by the comfort materials. Zoning helps provide ample support where the body needs it most, while broader body parts that press into the bed are offered extra compression.
Despite the soft memory foam comfort materials, there should be minimal sinkage, allowing sleepers to rest in a gentle cradle. The foams should reclaim their shape fairly quickly as well, helping to make repositioning a little bit easier for combination sleepers.
Most side sleepers prefer a softer feel to allow for more compression. Despite the more medium-firm feel of this model, most are likely to enjoy a neutral spine and good pressure relief from the contouring nature of the foams.
Back sleepers are sure to love the contouring lumbar support that helps to promote even weight distribution and good spinal alignment.
Stomach sleepers generally enjoy a firmer mattress as that can help keep their hips aligned properly. This medium-firm bed features zones in the coils that should offer enhanced support.
Brunswick recommends a weight limit of 250 pounds per sleeper or 500 pounds for the entire mattress.
The coils inside this product are individually pocketed to prevent vibrations from being able to travel from spring to spring. This also means that each coil is able to compress independently in reaction to the shopper’s weight, movements, and position, which should further isolation motion. Most people should be able to sleep comfortably without worrying too much about disrupting their partner’s rest as they move around.
Many bed-in-a-box brands show deep compression when sitting or lying at the edge of the mattress. The reinforced foam perimeter in this item helps to decrease this compression, allowing shoppers to sleep right along the edge without feeling like they might roll off.
- Trial Period – This product is offered with a 120-night trial period.
- Warranty – The company offers a 15-year warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free to most parts of Canada. Some remote areas may require an additional fee.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The materials used in this product are promised to contain low, safe levels of additives or VOC emissions.
- Made in Canada – This product is made in Canada for Canadian sleepers.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||$649|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$699|
|Full||53” x 75” x 12”||$749|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$799|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$949|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$949|
The Brunswick Bed is a great choice for Canadian buyers looking to sleep cool and comfy. The added lumbar support and edge-to-edge feel are just icing on the cake!
Canadians sleepers are sure to love the firm coil foundation that works to properly support sleepers of all kinds with its zoned design. The foam comfort materials and Euro top design add a plush experience, but the cooling gels and minimal sinkage will keep most people floating on top of the bed, allowing for more airflow. The perfect blend of both all-foam and innerspring worlds, what more could you ask for?
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.